Ch. [03]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                                    

Hyukjae gulped, again, as he tried his best to bring the food from his plate towards his mouth. He found the task so hard to do with Kyuhyun’s stare on him he entire time.

                                    

“So Hyuk, tell us, what kind of dance do you like the most?” Heechul asked with a bright smile, having his salad in front of her but not even caring about it since she was busy bugging Hyukjae with questions.

                                    

“I-I don’t really have one…,” Hyukjae said softly, lowering his gaze and trying his best so his smile wouldn’t see fake, it wasn’t, but with so much tension in the air –at least for him- it would look like it.

                                    

“Ohhh… I see…,” Heechul smiled even wider, if that was possible. “So tell me then, what kind of man do you like?”

                                    

Hyukjae coughed hard at the question, he brought his hand to hit his chest in an attempt for the food to go down his throat, fighting against that blush on his cheeks at the same time. “Hyukkie!” Hyukjae’s father called worried. “Are you okay?” he asked when finally, after a few seconds, Hyukjae was calmer.

                                    

Hyukjae blushed even harder, now in embarrassment. “I-I’m fine… Sorry…,” he said biting his lower lip.

                                    

“Here,” Hankyung handed a glass with water and offered him a soft smile.

                                    

“Thanks,” Hyukjae smiled back and sipped on the glass with water, watching Kyuhyun from the corner of his eyes and regretting it right away because the other had a frown in his face and a death stare set on him.

                                    

Finally the questions softened and they were only about his hobbies or likes, Hyukjae’s father just smiling as he always did and Hyukjae looked at him careful, he seemed happy, so happy that he couldn’t remember the last time he looked t him like that, maybe before his mother’s death.

                                    

Hyukjae smiled unconsciously, because maybe this marriage made his father happy, a well deserved happiness that’s it. Hyukjae then bit his lower lip, if only that happiness was there forever.

                                    

“Then, I guess we have to leave Kyuhyun-shi so he can continue working,” Hyukjae’s father said standing up and smiling politely, Hyukjae standing right away, almost begging for Kyuhyun not to notice he didn’t want to spend time alone with him.

                                    

“Ah, this meeting was so short, let’s meet some other time soon,” Hankyung said standing up as well, Heechul doing so dedicating a warm smile.

                                    

“Let’s meet this weekend at our place them,” Heechul proposed. “We’ll have a good time there,” she smiled widely at the idea.

                                    

Hyukjae’s father nodded. “We’ll be there then,” he said motioning to Hyukjae to go with him. “We’ll leave now,” Hyukjae’s father announced.

                                    

“T-Thanks for everything,” Hyukjae bowed stepping closer to his father, because maybe, just maybe, Kyuhyun would be too engrossed in something else as to remember to talk to him.

                                    

After the formal goodbye greetings, Hyukjae turned around ready to leave the place. “Excuse me,” and Hyukjae froze at Kyuhyun’s deep voice, his body trembling and his heart stopping for a second before beating extremely fast again. “May I take Hyukjae home?” Kyuhyun asked and Hyukjae felt something inside him.

                                    

I am going to die now? Hyukjae thought as everyone stayed quiet.

                                    

“OMO! Kyuhyunnie wants to spend time with his fiancé!” Heechul shrieked happily. “What a good sign!”

                                    

More like kill his fiancé. Hyukjae thought as they turned around to face Kyuhyun’s stare that was set on him, he smiled awkwardly, feeling his soul escape from his body already. Goodbye world, it was nice to meet you.

                                    

“Then I think I should be leaving now,” Hyukjae’s father said. “Thanks Kyuhyun-shi, now he doesn’t have to go get bored in my company,” he laughed happy that there was going to be some interaction between the two.

                                    

Kyuhyun bowed slightly to Hyukjae’s father before going towards the scared man. “We’re leaving then,” he announced grabbing Hyukjae’s arm and leading him outside the restaurant towards his car.

                                    

Hyukjae bit his lower lip. He knew he was a drama king and Siwon would always tell him that, but if the other saw Kyuhyun and his stare, it would be perfectly understandable his fear to those eyes and what could happen if they were alone.

                                    

So when they were alone in the car, with Kyuhyun driving somewhere, Hyukjae was playing with his fingers nervously, looking outside the window, thinking everything was more beautiful now that he was going to die.

                                    

“Cancel the wedding,” and Hyukjae flinched a little at the sudden words.

                                    

“W-What?” Hyukjae asked confused. “C-Cancel it?” he asked not noticing his trembling hand.

                                    

“Are you deaf?” Kyuhyun asked with a frown in his face. Hyukjae wondered if there would be a day when Kyuhyun wouldn’t be trying to kill him with his stare and instead smile at him. “I can’t cancel it because I have done it way too many times already, my parents threatened me this time,” Kyuhyun said with his eyes focused on the road and Hyukjae thanking the lord for that.

                                    

“Ahh…” Hyukjae sighed, well, not looking at Kyuhyun’s face helped him a lot. “You want to cancel it because of that girl right? So she’s your girlfriend and you want to marry her instead…,” he wondered out loud, regretting it because just for one second, Kyuhyun glared at him before focusing on the road again.

                                    

“Isn’t it obvious?” Kyuhyun asked irritated. “I thought you would cancel it ever since the beginning, but now I see you’re just a stupid puppy that wants to follow his father’s orders.”

                                    

“Yah!” Hyukjae frowned, he too, was feeling annoyed by Kyuhyun. “You don’t have to be a jerk!” he exclaimed pursing his lips. He was usually a really shy and calm boy, but not when he was mad or when someone messed with his family. “You just have to tell your parents about your girlfriend and done! There’s no need to even insult me you idiot!” Kyuhyun stopped the car abruptly and Hyukjae frown went deeper. “Yah! Are you trying to kill us both?!”

                                    

“Do you think that is even easy?!” Kyuhyun snapped back raising his voice.

                                     

And finally Hyukjae realized where he was, he gulped when he saw the place, definitely they weren’t in the country anymore. How long have they been going? Now they were by the side of a lonely road with not even a single trace of civilization around; the perfect place for Kyuhyun to throw his body and no one finding him after years of looking.

                                    

“You might as well have a father that supports all your selfish wishes, but I don’t and they won’t accept my marriage with the one I love, so you better cancel the damned wedding!” Kyuhyun yelled.

                                    

Hyukjae looked down, now feeling sorry for yelling at Kyuhyun. “I-I didn’t know…,” he mumbled biting his lower lip.

                                     

Kyuhyun sighed and massaged his temple. “Look, I don’t intend to create a war between us, just cancel the wedding that neither of us wants and we will return to the happy strangers we were before.”

                                    

Hyukjae felt his heart clench slightly. So he really hates the idea of getting married with me…

                                    

“I-I’ll try…,” Hyukjae whispered looking away, not wanting Kyuhyun to see his dejected face, because it felt like a rejection for him, as if he has been just told he wasn’t enough for a marriage, that he wasn’t even enough for a friend. Stranger. He thought and he bit his lower lip hardly. “Please take me home now…,” he whispered still looking at the nothingness outside the window, hating how weak his voice sounded.

                                    

Kyuhyun said no more words and Hyukjae was thankful to that, because now he felt as if his pride was left somewhere unknown to him.

                                    

It was a long trip, he didn’t even know they were so far away, Kyuhyun drove silently and so was he, just looking through the window afraid that Kyuhyun would reject him even more if he saw how much it affected him.

                                    

Finally Kyuhyun stopped in front of a huge mansion, waiting for the automatic door to open so he could leave Hyukjae in the front door. His plans didn’t worked out as he planned as Hyukjae quickly opened the door and went out “Hyuk-” but the latter slammed the door closed without a single word for him.

                                    

Hyukjae walked inside; he didn’t care if he had to walk all the way through his garden to get home, he was fine as long as Kyuhyun would leave already, he turned around slightly and saw Kyuhyun’s car drive away, making him feel as if Kyuhyun didn’t care. Maybe he doesn’t actually. He concluded when he finally arrived to the front door and went in, quickly running to his room.

                                    

Hyukjae stopped his tracks and instead turned around, now walking to that room where he and his mother used to dance together, where sometimes his mother would just be painting beautiful things while he moved his body to the beat of the music.

                                    

He opened the door, it was the same as he remembered and he smiled entering the room, closing the door behind him and stepping exactly in front of the huge mirror that he always believed to be even bigger.

                                    

Hyukjae closed his eyes and imagined the soft beat of that modern-ballet song his mother enjoyed to play, the same modern-ballet song he practiced over and over again and he wouldn’t get tired of it, the same one that he would arrange its movements every week and that he always found beautiful.

                                    

His hands went up and he breathed in and out deeply. Strangers. He thought and his body moved by its own, following the beat of that song playing in his heart.

                                     

When the song ended in his head, he just stood there, not opening his eyes afraid that he would collapse. Hyukjae opened his eyes when he heard a few claps coming from the door of the room. “That was beautiful Hyukkie,” his father said still clapping and smiling at him.

                                    

Hyukjae smiled back. “Thanks dad,” he said liking how his father now smiled more than he remembered him to. “I thought you were in the office…,” he then said sitting down on the floor and signaling his father to sit on the chair in front of him.

                                    

“I wanted to see how it went with Kyuhyun-shi,” Hyukjae’s father said as he sat down comfortably.

                                    

“It was a little awkward,” Hyukjae said faking a smile. “He just brought me home and that’s all,” he lied.

                                    

His father smiled widely. “You’ll get to know each other with the time Hyukkie, after you get married there will be a lot of things for you two to experiment together,” he said sure of his words.

                                    

“Dad… about the marriage…,” Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “Isn’t this somehow rushed?” he asked with the hope of his father to understand his point. “I mean… Kyuhyun-shi is perfect, but I’m afraid he might not be the one for me…,” he mumbled looking down and playing with the hem of his shirt.

                                    

“Don’t worry Hyukkie, I know with the time you both will be really happy,” Hyukjae’s father said assuring.

                                    

Hyukjae gulped. “No, I mean, dad…”

                                    

“You mother’s last wish was for me to find you the best partner in life, someone that would be strong and be able to take care of you, someone intelligent to defend you, someone who wouldn’t mind the money but the heart, she wanted me to find someone perfect for you, to make sure you would be happy, and Hyukkie, I think she would be really glad to know Kyuhyun-shi is the one that will have you,” And once his father brought his mother up, he wouldn’t be able to say no to any of his requests. “Let’s do our best for this marriage to work, okay Hyukkie?” his father smiled warmly and then Hyukjae knew he had no other choice.

                                     

“Yes dad,” Hyukjae said smiling back and thinking of how difficult it was going to be to make his father happy and keep himself alive by Kyuhyun’s side.

                                    

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•


A/N: Examination week guys... I'm so damn tired... TT_TT

Comment a lot neh! ^^