Ch. [66]

In My Arms

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•


“Kyu~,” Hyukjae called softly, laughing because he was just so happy. He was , in his arms. The night before they had made love and Kyuhyun wasn’t able to let go of him even for a second.

Kyuhyun chuckled and opened his eyes slowly, smiling tenderly as he saw Hyukjae in front of him. “Good morning Hyukkie,” he said, leaning closer to kiss Hyukjae’s lips.

Hyukjae leaned back, avoiding Kyuhyun’s lips and the taller male looked at him both confused and hurt by the sudden action. Hyukjae had never rejected a kiss from him. 

“Hyuk, what’s wrong?” Kyuhyun asked, his voice hoarse from how hurt he felt.

Hyukjae’s expression changed, his eyes were dark and empty, full of hatred. “I hate you,” the words pierced Kyuhyun’s heart, leaving him gasping for air, wanting to die.

“Hyuk-”

“You left them take me,” Hyukjae said and pursed his lips tightly. “YOU LEFT THEM TAKE ME AWAY! I HATE YOU KYUHYUN!”

“AHHHH!” Kyuhyun sat up abruptly, screaming loudly and violently, running his fingers through his hair before gripping it tightly, almost pulling it from his head. Hyukjae. Hyukjae.

“Kyuhyun!” Siwon quickly went to him, holding his shoulders tightly. “KYUHYUN!”

Kyuhyun didn’t respond, he just closed his eyes tightly and kept screaming desperately, crying loudly, trembling in fear and guilt. I HATE YOU KYUHYUN! “NOOOOOOOOO-”

“Kyuhyun!” Siwon called for him desperately, letting him go to quickly look for sedatives in the bedside drawer. It had happened before already.

“You left them take me away! You didn’t do anything! I HATE YOU!” Kyuhyun shook his head desperately, screaming loudly as he tried to shut Hyukjae’s voice up from his mind. “I’M SORRY! I’M SO SORRY HYUKJAE!”

“KYUHYUN!” Siwon called again, preparing the syringe as he saw the other male breaking down in front of him. He pinned Kyuhyun down the bed, quickly injecting his thigh before throwing the syringe away, trying to calm Kyuhyun down. “Kyuhyun, listen to me, it was a dream, calm down.”

Kyuhyun was soon calmer, panting heavily as he closed his eyes and nodded. “Just a dream…,” he whispered and felt himself sleepy already.

“Yeah, just a dream…,” Siwon sighed deeply, throwing his body by Kyuhyun’s side. “I don’t know what to give you anymore for you to sleep without the nightmares…”

Kyuhyun slid his hand up to run his fingers through his hair, feeling the sweat in his forehead as he tried to calm down fully. “It feels so real…”

“It’s not,” Siwon said sighing deeply. Truth is, Siwon also had nightmares, he also couldn’t sleep and he also felt guilty. “Hyukjae would not be like that, you know it.”

Kyuhyun nodded, believing Siwon’s words. “What time is it?” 

Siwon lifted his wrist to look at his watch and lowered it again. “Four in the morning,” he announced.

Kyuhyun nodded and sat up again. “I’ll work on some documents, then,” he said and Siwon simply hummed. “Have you checked Seohyun’s activities lately?”

“Nothing out of common,” Siwon informed. “But yesterday she went an unknown place, when I saw it was a cafeteria, maybe she met with someone there.”

“Could be anyone,” Kyuhyun said as he stood up and stretched his body.

Heechul had given up long ago in waking them up and make them stay sane enough to work. The dark circles were so prominent that they no longer looked as the firm and happy men they used to be. They were pale and thin, always working and then dedicating all their time in looking for Hyukjae.

When the hours passed, both went out to work. Siwon took Kyuhyun because he didn0t trust the other would go by himself anymore.

“Kyuhyun,” Hangeng called as soon as he saw his son walking through the elevator door. 

Kyuhyun stopped and looked up. “Yes?” he simply answered, too tired to even try to be formal to his father.

“Go home and rest, I don’t want to see you here, at least not today,” Hangeng said firmly, stepping closer to gently pat his son’s shoulder. “Kyuhyun, you need to sleep, you need to calm down…”

Kyuhyun looked at his father and looked down, shaking his head. “I can’t… Hyukjae-”

“Hyukjae is being the first priority for many right now, you can’t do anything else but stay strong for him when he comes back…,” Hangeng said, trying to actually make Kyuhyun understand just how awful his state was. “Go and take Siwon with you, eat something and sleep, you need it.”

Kyuhyun pursed his lips tightly. Why was the world not understanding just how desperate he was? “I-”

“Leave before you force me to fire you, Kyuhyun,” Hangeng said firmly and dangerously that Kyuhyun could only nod slowly.

Soon enough, Kyuhyun was outside his building, walking somewhere else so his father wouldn’t see him near. He took out his cell phone when he reached a street far from the company and dialed Siwon’s number. He was about to press the ‘call’ button when he heard something that called his attention. 

“What?! He escaped?!” 

Kyuhyun turned towards the source of the voice, knowing he had heard it before. He pursed his lips tightly. Director Jung?Whatever, he didn’t care about that man anymore, not since he harassed Hyukjae like that in that one party. He looked at his phone again and was about to press the button when he thought about it better.

“How could he escape?! There were guards all over!” 

Who escaped? Kyuhyun’s body trembled in fear. What if it was him? What if it was Director Jung? He looked at the other carefully, how he was frowning and walking hurriedly, looking for his keys in his jacket.

“I’m going there, you better find him when I reach that place or we’ll be all in trouble,” the man said and Kyuhyun felt his heart race at the mere thought. Hyukjae?

Kyuhyun walked silently behind the man, hiding when the other would turn slightly, still looking for his keys. Is it Hyukjae?It could be anyone. The man could have been talking about a dog or any pet, anything that could escape. But if Hyukjae was kidnapped… Did he escape?

Kyuhyun wasn’t sure if he should be happy or not, because if it was Hyukjae, what would he do? How would he find him now that he escaped?

Every second that passed, Kyuhyun found it clearer and clearer, how it was about Hyukjae and his body was trembling, his gaze was lost as he imagined so many scenarios of what could be of Hyukjae right in that moment. How was he treated? How did he eat? What did that man do to him? It was more and more obvious and Kyuhyun couldn’t help but hate himself for not thinking about it before. The man was smart, he hated Kyuhyun for firing him before and he had a strange obsession with his wide. How could I not think about it?

Soon, the nervousness and excitement of knowing something went away from Kyuhyun’s body, being replaced by the urge of killing the man. He frowned deeply as rage started consuming the last string of consciousness that was left. The man was just in front of him, ready to get his full rage, to get killed by him. No. Kyuhyun stopped himself when he was about to reach the man still talking by the phone. He knows about Hyukjae.

“Look around for him in the forest, I don’t care if it takes all the morning in that, you have to find him in a whole piece,” director Jung ordered before turning his phone off and finally going into his car.

Kyuhyun gasped softly. The forest. Hyukjae was in the forest? Alone? Panic started building in Kyuhyun’s body and he quickly hid from the man when the other jumped up his car and drove away. Kyuhyun stayed quiet carefully, looking as the car went away and being fast in calling a taxi to follow him.

“Please follow that car discreetly,” Kyuhyun ordered as soon as he jumped into the taxi and he didn’t tear his gaze apart from the other. 

He took out his phone and dialed Siwon’s number, cursing lowly because the other was taking too long to answer. “Hello?”

“Siwon, I think I have a clue about Hyukjae’s whereabouts, I’ll turn on my GPS, I’m in a taxi so follow me, quickly!” Kyuhyun said, his words stumbling against the next one and he could feel his body shivering at the idea of knowingsomething. 

“I’m on my way,” Siwon quickly said and hung up. 

Seconds seemed like hours in Kyuhyun’s mind and he had to breathe in and out deeply to calm himself. They didn’t need to go faster, because the driver was doing a great job in following the car ahead. He looked at his phone and realized his hand was trembling in nervousness. Hyukjae. There was nothing else he could think of.

After what seemed to be a long way, Kyuhyun could finally see Siwon’s car. “Stop here,” Kyuhyun ordered to the taxi driver, quickly handing him enough money and going out to jump into Kyuhyun’s car, making the other jump in surprise. 

“What do you know?” Siwon asked and Kyuhyun pointed the car close to them. 

“That man, we must follow him,” he ordered and Siwon nodded without questioning why, just going behind him discreetly. 

“Who is he?” Siwon asked as he followed the other with another two cars in between. 

“Jung Minhyung,” Kyuhyun answered. “I fired him almost a year ago because he harassed Hyukjae in one of the company’s parties… He told me I would pay for it,” he explained, breathing in and out deeply. “Truth is, I don’t know if I’m right or not, but I heard him say something by the phone… about someone escaping and I just-” Kyuhyun ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. “What if that’s Hyukjae?”

Siwon hummed lowly, not tearing his gaze apart from the other car. “We should call the police,” he said serious “When we reach there…”

Kyuhyun nodded. “He said something about him being in the forest…”

Siwon frowned deeply. “If it’s Hyukjae, then he definitely found a way to escape,” he said. “And if he did, that means he has the energy and strength to keep going. We both know Hyukjae is not stupid, he’ll be able to live and reach for us if we don’t find him soon.”

Kyuhyun gulped and nodded again. “I’m scared,” he finally admitted. “Where is he? What is he doing? What is happening to him?”

Siwon gripped the steering wheel tightly, looking around and realizing they were going out the city already. “Stop thinking about it Kyuhyun,” Siwon ordered. “We’re not safe following him now. He’ll find out soon, there aren’t many cars around here.”

Kyuhyun looked around and nodded, sighing deeply. “Let’s just keep going and think what to do later, I don’t even know what to do with myself…”

They stayed silent for a few minutes, following the car before them before a slight smile went up Siwon’s lips. “We’re a little lucky today,” he mumbled as he saw how Director Jung pulled off a gas station and they followed soon. Siwon quickly put on his dark shades and gave Kyuhyun another one, just in case the man would turn around and recognize them easily.

Siwon stayed behind the other’s car, as if waiting his turn. He tapped his fingers against the stirring wheel nervously, looking at the car intently. “Kyuhyun,” he called as he nodded towards director Jung going out his car, probably to go buy something in the convenience store. “As soon as he’s in the store, go out and put your cell phone into the back car, make sure it’s silent. We can follow him from afar if he just track him.”

Kyuhyun nodded, looking at the man and going out the car as Siwon called the service man to distract him. He put his cell phone in silent mode and threw it through the window of the car, quickly coming back to jump up by Siwon’s side.

They saw director Jung come back, talking by the phone furiously. Wait, wait… Kyuhyun chanted in his mind, sighing out loudly as they saw the man leave the gas station. 

They looked at each other and nodded to each other, turning Siwon’s phone on to see the man’s location. “We’ll call the police when he stays in the same place for two minutes,” Siwon said and Kyuhyun simply nodded. 

They were nervous and terrified, but they could find Hyukjae. Maybe they could find Hyukjae. That was all the motivation they needed. 

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•


 


 


 

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~