Ch. [08]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                            

“Yah Hyukkie! Do you know how bored I was?!” Siwon whined as soon as Hyukjae entered the mansion.

                            

“I don’t know,” Hyukjae said going up the stairs and not sparing Siwon a glance. “I’m tired, I’ll take a bath and then go to sleep,” he announced yawning, because as soon as Kyuhyun went away, he felt the tiredness fall all over him.

                            

Siwon’s face brightened. “Let’s take a bath together then!” he exclaimed happily, following Hyukjae’s steps.

                            

Hyukjae glared at Siwon, something he probably learnt from Kyuhyun. “I’m tired Siwonnie… Let’s just sleep okay?” he said with that face he knew, Siwon loved.

                            

Siwon looked away. “Okay…,” he sighed deeply. “Seriously Hyuk, how do you do it? Always convincing me of doing stuff I don’t want to…,” he pouted and Hyukjae laughed softly.

                            

“It’s a secret,” Hyukjae winked an eye to Siwon before pecking his lips, kissing the pout away. “Don’t be too girly Wonnie, I like the manly you better,” he whispered in the other’s ears.

                            

Siwon quickly straightened his back and smiled; wrapping one hand around Hyukjae’s waist. “What should I do then?” he asked leaning down. “If you ask me to be a man I won’t be able to control myself…,” he said, his free hand lifting Hyukjae’s chin to look at his eyes directly.

                            

Hyukjae sighed. “Engaged,” he reminded pushing Siwon away lightly. “Maybe some other time,” he said leaving Siwon there, with a playful smile in his lips.

                            

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                            

“Why am I here again?” Kyuhyun asked sitting down in front on Heechul and by Hyukjae’s side of the restaurant table. “We chose a house already, you don’t need me anymore.

                            

“Control your temper Kyuhyun, I’m not happy with you like this, Hyukjae won’t want to marry you anymore if you continue with this sick attitude,” Heechul warned glaring at her son. “Hyukkie please, bear him for a while, he’s simply stupid,” she then said turning towards Hyukjae.

                            

“I-I don’t think he’s stupid…,” Hyukjae said and when he planned on saying that, he didn’t know the blush would tag along.

                             

“Awww, so cute!” Heechul squealed. “See Kyuhyun?! He’s perfect! You should stop being bull and treat him better!” she retorted to her son again as Hyukjae better looked down, not really wanting to see Kyuhyun’s face –or glare- towards him.

                            

Now Kyuhyun was going to secretly blame him because his own mother liked him better. Great, just… great.

                            

“Whatever, why did you call me?” Kyuhyun asked frowning deeply.

                            

Heechul pursed her lips in an attempt to stop the million curses in her mind and just gulped her own anger. “You chose the house, the furniture is left,” she finally said, referring more to Hyukjae than Kyuhyun.

                             

Hyukjae gulped, for starters, he didn’t even know which was the house Kyuhyun chose, and then again, he knew nothing about interior design, he had a classmate back in university that was studying that, but unfortunately, knowledge doesn’t pass from one person to another via osmosis.

                            

“I’ll leave it to Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun said standing up and ready to leave. “I’m leaving, I got important things to do at the company,” he said starting to walk away.

                             

Heechul hissed in annoyance and turned towards Hyukjae. “Don’t worry, I’ll make him regret it and come back,” she said with a smirk in her delicate face.

                            

“A-Actually…,” Hyukjae cut softly. “We had decided I would be in charge of the interior…,” he lied biting his lower lip. “I already hired an interior designer that will assist me, we’ll be working for the next three days…,” he said smiling softly.

                            

Heechul seemed to think it for a while before sighing heavily. “Okay then, if you decided already…,” she said massaging her temple. “I’ll go to the company, Hannie asked me to bring you there because he wants to see you, he says he misses you,” she laughed softly. “Come on, let’s get going,” she smiled and Hyukjae wondered; did Kyuhyun have the same perfect smile? Was his prettier? Because Heechul’s smile was simply beautiful.

                            

Hyukjae nodded and stood up when Heechul did so. Was Kyuhyun going to smile at him at least once? He highly doubted that. Maybe when we get divorced… he thought nodding for himself, yeah, maybe then.

                            

The trip wasn’t as awkward as Hyukjae thought it would be, Heechul, even when she was a crazy driver, was nice and was always chatting about useless stuff all the time, perfect for Hyukjae to feel more at ease.

                            

“Umm… Heechul Umma?” Hyukjae called when they arrived to somewhere which was definitely not the Cho’s company.

                            

“Come on Hyukkie, let’s buy some clothes,” Heechul said smiling brightly.

                            

Hyukjae went out of the car looking down on himself. Was he that bad? Well, considering that there has been years since he last bought clothes and that he was actually wearing one of Siwon’s shirt that was clearly oversized… then yes. He was that bad.

                            

He followed Heechul who seemed to be pretty much excited about going shopping and he wondered, did Kyuhyun like to go shopping as well? He seemed to dress pretty well and stylish.

                            

Hyukjae sighed deeply, the more he thought about it, the more differences he found between Kyuhyun and him. I guess we’re destined to be away from each other. He thought as they entered one huge store.

                            

It had to be fun, going shopping and spending money when you had a lot had to be fun. But Hyukjae was bored when they finally went out of the 5th store and he was carrying quite a lot of bags. That plus the now stylish piece he was wearing. It seemed to be he went out of a runway, people stared at them, Heechul looked like a model, him too, from a cheapest one though.

                            

“Okay then, you’re ready,” Heechul had said when she finally got to see Hyukjae fully dressed.

                            

“I-I don’t think is necessary to dress like this Umma…,” Hyukjae blushed and looked down a little embarrassed. But somehow, he knew he looked good, maybe better than he ever imagined he could look.

                            

“Nope,” Heechul shook her head now walking to the car. “It’s necessary,” she stressed with a soft smile in her features. “People will see how high you are compared to them,” she mumbled and Hyukjae couldn’t understand what she meant, but he wasn’t going to ask either.

                             

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                            

So that’s what Heechul meant… Hyukjae gulped again, wait, what was gulping? Damn, why was everyone looking at him? Oh yeah, Heechul called them.

                             

Hyukjae glanced shyly at Kyuhyun who was by his side, seemingly smiling but Hyukjae knew better, he was mad, furious, hell, the man seemed he was going to kill him any time soon.

                            

And to the other side, Hankyung and Heechul hugging lovingly and looking at them with a smile in their lips.

                            

“So this will be your boss’ wife, so everyone here, treat him well,” Heechul said smirking and pushing Hyukjae slightly to the front, then pushing Kyuhyun as well.

                            

Hyukjae smiled awkwardly and bowed lightly. “P-Pleased to meet you…,” he said lowly, maybe no one heard him, maybe they did. He didn’t care, he was now scared, terrified of what would happen next.

                            

“You’ll see him around pretty often so I recommend you to keep your hands in your pockets from now on ladies, I won’t allow more flirting in this office,” Heechul said frowning lightly.

                            

Hyukjae bit his lower lip, so Kyuhyun actually was pretty popular in the company huh? Why was he feeling so down all of a sudden? The sighs and pouts from some girls in the office didn’t help him to calm down, some of them were even prettier than himself, they were stylish and definitely they had a better body than him, a skinny boy who just liked to dance.

                            

Hyukjae sighed deeply. How much he hated this, being Kyuhyun’s partner was going to be hard, he can’t imagine how happy everyone was going to be after they divorced. Well, if only they knew how Kyuhyun was on reality…

                            

“Mother, I think this is too much,” Kyuhyun hissed under his breath so only they would listen.

                            

“Shut up Kyuhyun,” Heechul glared at him and hissed back, Hankyung only sighing behind and holding his wife still, Hyukjae doing what he did the best, be awkward.

                            

“Ok then, everyone go back to work now,” Hankyung announced and some went right away, now whispering about the newly announcement that would probably be the topic for days, or weeks. Some others stayed a bit more, watching him intently, judging him, whispering things like ‘he’s not even that pretty’, and ‘I bet he doesn’t have an idea of how to run a company’, ‘they got married just because he wanted the Cho’s company’.

                            

Hyukjae looked down and bit his lower lip hardly. Why did he have to stand everything like this? He wasn’t against the marriage but he wouldn’t have arranged it either, it was their parents’ decision, maybe it was because of money, maybe he wasn’t as pretty as a model or as Kyuhyun’s girlfriend, maybe he knew nothing about how to run a company. But Hyukjae, he definitely had something good, maybe people would take a long time to recognize it, but he knew he had, everyone does.

                            

Tears started forming in his eyes, and he knew, he was shaking trying to restrain his sobs.

                            

“Go work already if you don’t want me to fire you,” Kyuhyun threatened to those workers who just bowed deeply and ran to their respective desks. “Let’s go,” Kyuhyun suddenly said, grabbing Hyukjae’s wrist and pulling him somewhere. Could Hyukjae be more thankful to him?

                            

They ignored Heechul’s and Hankyung’s calls for them and when Kyuhyun finally closed the door behind him, Hyukjae looked away, still biting his lower lip and trying to breathe deeply to calm down.

                             

“Don’t listen to them,” Kyuhyun said and it even surprised himself how he was able to comfort someone.

                            

Hyukjae chuckled. “I wasn’t,” he said and he knew, Kyuhyun could see right through his lie. “Those jealous es…,” he murmured and Kyuhyun almost laughed at that if he weren’t into his own cold and cool role.

                            

“Okay then,” Kyuhyun said finally freeing Hyukjae and going towards his desk. “You can stay here for a while if you want, my secretary outside will bring you whatever you wish for,” he continued sitting down and checking on some papers.

                            

And Hyukjae thought, maybe he should stay there for a while, just because he didn’t want to go out like a mess he thought he was at that moment, that and because he wasn’t feeling like getting out from there. “I don’t need anything, so I’ll just sit here,” he mumbled walking towards the seemingly expensive leather couch in Kyuhyun’s office, a soft smile in his lips.

                            

Kyuhyun eyed Hyukjae and sighed. “Do whatever you want,” he said once again focusing on his own papers.

                            

“Well, I wouldn’t do anything else,” Hyukjae retorted sticking his tongue out to Kyuhyun who just raised an eyebrow at him and rolled his eyes for how childish Hyukjae was.

                            

It wasn’t that long, at least from Kyuhyun’s perspective, until he stood up to go get some coffee and he looked at Hyukjae on the couch. He had completely forgotten he was there because he didn’t make any sound. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, of course he wouldn’t make any sound, he was sleeping.

                            

Kyuhyun walked towards Hyukjae, bent down slightly and raised a hand to shake his body. He stopped when he looked carefully; Hyukjae was beautiful, probably more than the girls that were judging him a while ago; not probably. No, Kyuhyun was completely sure Hyukjae was way more beautiful than all of them together.

                            

And Kyuhyun chuckled for himself. He knew that if he didn’t love Seohyun as much as he did, he would probably had fallen for those pinkish lips, that pale skin, those big eyes and that cheerful smile.

                             

“Hyukjae,” he called finally going out from his trace and shaking Hyukjae’s body lightly, composing himself when Hyukjae started moving softly, indicating him that he was waking up.

                            

“Huh?” Hyukjae opened his eyes and sat down properly, rubbing his eyes cutely and pouting lightly because he didn’t like being woken up. “Ah… Sorry…,” he apologized smiling shyly and standing up.

                            

“You were probably really bored,” Kyuhyun wondered and sighed. “Come on, I’ll take you home,” he offered and Hyukjae blushed lightly.

                            

Was Kyuhyun seriously being nice to him? Were they friends finally? Hyukjae smiled widely.

                            

“It’s okay,” Hyukjae smiled wider. “I’ll take a taxi,” he continued. “Umm… but… what time is it?” he asked not really knowing even in which year he was living.

                            

“Three pm,” Kyuhyun answered once again coldly and Hyukjae wondered if he had dreamt about his niceness before.

                            

“Ah! I have to meet the interior designer in half an hour!” Hyukjae finally realized and fixed his clothes ready to leave. “I’m leaving then!” he announced before going towards the door, Kyuhyun just watching amused. “Ah!” Hyukjae turned around suddenly. “I’m sure the designer will ask me this so I don’t want to be seen like an idiot,” he said trying to sound serious. “Again…,” he pouted. “So which house we bought at the end?” he asked. “I’m sure the designer will need that information.”

                            

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow, could Hyukjae get more childlike? “The third one,” he answered and Hyukjae smiled widely.

                            

“Really?!” Hyukjae exclaimed happily. “Okay then! I’m leaving now for real!” he announced again before going out without waiting for Kyuhyun’s answer.

                            

So he has a nice side after all. Hyukjae thought as he went up in the elevator, not minding the curious eyes looking at him and criticizing him. He was hurt before but them all, he was the one getting married with their perfect boss.

                            

Hyukjae smiled. He was going to have fun even if their marriage wasn’t real.

                            

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 


 

                         

A/N: You can’t imagine how much I regret making Heechul a woman here… u.u

It’s hard to write ‘her’ or ‘she’ instead of ‘he’ or ‘his’ as I normally do… *sighs*

But I like her character so umm… yeah… I’ll keep her like that! xD

                       

Angsty + mpreg requested fic

Comment a lot! (:

I love you all! ^^