Ch. [14]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                 

The driver was right, the beach was beautiful, almost private and Hyukjae found himself smiling.

                 

He took his shoes off and walked barefooted in the sand, smiling and giggling when the cold water reached him. There was almost no one there; just a couple of persons that sometimes got lost and Hyukjae couldn’t care less.

                 

It was regretful though, when he came back to the hotel that night, he pouted as he went out of the taxi that he could hardly get and he sighed deeply looking at the grand doors of the hotel. He wanted to stay in that beautiful place; no one would notice he wasn’t in the marital suite he was supposed to be sharing with Kyuhyun.

                 

Sighing once again, he walked to the elevator and towards his room, dragging his feet because even when he didn’t notice, he was damn tired.

                 

“Hello?” Hyukjae answered the phone when he saw the caller was Siwon.

                 

“Yah Hyuk! How are you? You don’t sound so energetic…,” Siwon asked and Hyukjae could tell he was worried.

                 

“I’m fine, just tired, I went to the beach today and I’m sleepy,” Hyukjae said yawning after finishing his sentence and taking out the card to pass it through the door.

                 

“Okay then, is Kyuhyun there with you?” Siwon asked and Hyukjae chuckled. “I’ll kill him if he dares to touch you!”

                 

“Of course not!” Hyukjae laughed softly as he kicked the door close. “His girlfriend came so they’re spending time together and I’m just going around alone,” he explained throwing himself to the soft mattress of the bed.

                 

“He’s with his girlfriend? Seriously? Why the hell is he leaving you alone?! If something happens to you I’ll definitely kill him!” Siwon exclaimed.

                 

Hyukjae sighed deeply. “Nothing will happen to me,” he rolled his eyes. “It’s okay, isn’t it better? This way we don’t have to be together all week long…,” he continued and he couldn’t even deny to himself that he was feeling a little bit down because of that.

                 

Siwon sighed from the other line. “I should have gone with you…,” he said whining and Hyukjae chuckled at him.

                 

“Well, I don’t think dad would allow you to,” Hyukjae said, remembering how Siwon exclaimed that they shouldn’t leave Hyukjae alone with such man like Kyuhyun and Hyukjae’s father just grabbing him firmly by the jacket.

                 

“Speaking of ‘him’, he’s coming; I’ll hang up now before we get discovered!” Siwon exclaimed. “Good night Hyukkie! Have a nice dream! And by ‘nice’ I mean ‘with me’.”

                 

“I’ll try,” Hyukjae said before the line went dead. He closed his eyes and sighed again, tired from so much walking by the beach and mentally exhausted by thinking that Kyuhyun must be having way too much fun than him.

                 

But Hyukjae couldn’t imagine Kyuhyun having fun simply because he never, not even once, had seen Kyuhyun smiling or laughing or being childish or- forget it. Hyukjae hasn’t seen Kyuhyun without a frown in his face in front of him.

                 

“Idiot…,” Hyukjae mumbled pouting lightly and just waiting for that tiredness to call for his mind.

                 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                 

It was the same routine for four days, Hyukjae would go somewhere nice and spend the day alone, buying stuff and souvenirs for Siwon, his father and Kyuhyun’s parents as well.

                 

It was that fourth day of his supposed to be sweet and not lonely honeymoon, that Hyukjae arrived early to the hotel, tired already from too much walking.

                 

As soon as he went down of the taxi, he saw Kyuhyun and Seohyun at the door, kissing softly as Kyuhyun held her gently by the waist. Hyukjae looked down, feeling that familiar pain in his chest. “No Hyukjae, you can’t,” he reminded himself smiling bitterly. Oh, how well he knew those feelings.

                  

They parted away and Hyukjae noticed the suitcases that the boy in uniform was sticking in the taxi. Was Kyuhyun leaving?! They had to come back together to Seoul! Just what was Kyuhyun thinking?!

                 

But then he saw only the girl went into the car and Kyuhyun waved her goodbye with a warm smile. How could the devil smile so warmly? Hyukjae pouted, he would never get to see that smile directed at him.

                 

He sighed and just looked down, walking to the entrance slowly and discretely enough as for Kyuhyun not to see him.

                 

Hyukjae froze when he felt a strong hold in his wrist and he opened his eyes widely, heart racing as he recognized that hold, that same strength, that same hand. He recognized and feared that hand.

                 

The devil’s grip.

                 

Hyukjae turned around slowly, his body shaking and his eyes reflecting the intense terror he’s been feeling inside. “K-Kyuhyun-shi…,” he mumbled, unable to do something else as his eyes looked down, scared that looking at the dev- Kyuhyun’s eyes would kill him or something. Maybe a curse… yeah, maybe he would be cursed for his entire lifetime just by looking at them.

                 

“My Mom sent me a message,” Kyuhyun said plainly and Hyukjae felt like running away. Maybe Kyuhyun’s girlfriend going away put him in a really, really bad mood.

                 

“Ah… did she?” Hyukjae laughed nervously, still trembling and still hoping for Kyuhyun to release his wrist fast

                 

“She wants pictures,” Kyuhyun said and just then Hyukjae realized there was an expensive camera in the devil’s free hand. “Let’s get them,” he ordered and Hyukjae turned up to him.

                 

“Why?” Hyukjae whined and pouted, now forgetting that he was deathly scared of the man in front of him. “I’m tired, let’s go some other day,” he said and okay, maybe the fear never went away.

                 

Kyuhyun frowned. “My mother expects pictures of a happy and beautiful marriage, let’s get them,” Kyuhyun repeated, firmer this time.

                 

Hyukjae gulped. “C-Can’t we just send someone to photoshop them?” he asked in the hope of not spending too much time alone with Kyuhyun. He seemed to really want to kill him, probably because he would spend time with him instead of his girlfriend. Hyukjae pouted at the thought.

                 

“No,” Kyuhyun replied instantly, turning around and pulling Hyukjae towards a new taxi waiting for them.

                 

Hyukjae said nothing and just bit his lower lip as he was literally thrown inside and fixed himself in the back seat, Kyuhyun following suit and quickly accommodating himself by his side.

                 

“Take us somewhere nice,” Kyuhyun simply said as he then focused on his phone.

                 

Hyukjae looked away towards the window. If he thought he had a long day, then he was way too wrong. His day was just starting.

                 

“Kyuhyun-shi…,” Hyukjae called pouting lightly as he looked at the cars passing by.

                 

“What?” Kyuhyun snapped and Hyukjae had to purse his lips in annoyance just so he wouldn’t yell at the other.

                 

“I don’t like you,” Hyukjae declared determined.

                 

Kyuhyun frowned even deeper. “Why?” he asked, annoyed, not because Hyukjae didn’t like him, instead because he doesn’t know the reason why.

                 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun. “You’re rude and you always seem to want to kill me and make me feel bad, if you weren’t good looking enough and I not kind enough, you would still be annoyed by your parents and then you would never be able to marry the girl you like, you’re just a jerk.”

                 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae amazed, seriously, how could such a small boy have the guts to cross him? “So you’re saying you actually like me…,” Kyuhyun said, more like an affirmation than a question.

                 

Hyukjae blushed lightly. “I never said that!” he defended trying to sound offended.

                 

“Yes you did,” Kyuhyun said and he was even more amused at how Hyukjae was so perfect even being mad. “You said that I’m good looking,” he continued when he saw how the soft pink turned into a red in Hyukjae’s cheeks. Amazing.

                 

“You’re annoying!” Hyukjae declared turning around in an attempt to hide his blush. “And I said that you’re a jerk as well! You self-centered frustrating man!”

                 

Seriously, could Hyukjae get even more childish?

                 

Kyuhyun turned to the driver and saw that the man was trying to hold his laughter, of course, he too, was trying to do so.

                 

They arrived to their destination, which neither Kyuhyun nor Hyukjae knew where it was. “Let’s do this quickly,” Kyuhyun instructed and Hyukjae only glared at him. It was more like a fail glare and Kyuhyun could only chuckle at the other’s, he had to admit, cute attitude.

                 

“It’s useless,” Kyuhyun finally concluded, reviewing the pictures in the small screen of his camera, all of them with Hyukjae either, pouting or frowning at him. “Are you doing it on purpose?” Kyuhyun asked looking up and narrowing his eyes at Hyukjae.

                 

“Maybe,” Hyukjae said with a smug smile and he knew, he was tempting the devil.

                 

“I’m tired, let’s go back,” Kyuhyun sighed massaging his temple.

                 

Hyukjae gasped. “Yah! I said I was tired ever since the beginning and you didn’t listen to me!”

                 

Kyuhyun simply ignored the smaller man and stopped a taxi for them, getting inside and letting the door opened for Hyukjae to go in as well.

                 

Hyukjae pursed his lips in anger and just went in, looking through the window so he didn’t have to face Kyuhyun. “Idiot…,” he mumbled for himself. Kyuhyun might be the devil but it wasn’t going to stop Hyukjae from insulting him every two seconds.

                 

Finally, after what seemed to be the longest trip ever, Hyukjae sighed deeply, tired and exhausted because he tried not to sleep in the whole silent trip. He frowned deeply when he turned to Kyuhyun, just five minutes before arriving to the hotel.

                 

The devil was sleeping. Sleeping! When he had to stay awake the whole while! Just… “Stupid Kyuhyun!” he hissed annoyed.

                 

But there was a bigger problem: waking up the devil.

                 

It was a hard task to do and Hyukjae wondered if he could call someone else to do it because he definitely didn’t want to get killed by a sleep deprived Kyuhyun, or he could just leave him in the car and he go to his room. That last one sounded nice. But it wasn’t fair for the driver so Hyukjae bit his lower lip, afraid of him waking up Kyuhyun and be the receiver of all that contented fury.

                                    

Hyukjae breathed in and out deeply before pursing his lips in determination. Okay Hyukjae, you can do this. He encouraged himself as his hand got near Kyuhyun’s shoulder and he poked the latter softly. ! Hyukjae screamed in his mind, retreating his hand and covering himself just in case Kyuhyun would want to kill him.

                                    

Hyukjae felt his heart almost jumping out of his chest as he saw how Kyuhyun didn’t even move. He felt his body shaking in fear for Kyuhyun’s reaction. Breathing in and out deeply once more, Hyukjae poked Kyuhyun even more intensely than before, once again yelling in his mind for his life and covering his face with his arms.

                 

But still no reaction.

                 

Hyukjae pouted. Was Kyuhyun difficult to wake up? He poked the man not once or twice, but several times.

                 

“Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae called poking repeatedly Kyuhyun’s arms. “Kyuhyun,” he called louder and poked harder. “Kyuhyun!” he exclaimed, now make it his two hands poking Kyuhyun. “Yah Kyuhyun!” he saw how the taxi was already entering the hotel’s parking lot and how they were about to arrive.

                 

“Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae said now hitting Kyuhyun’s shoulder lightly. Tired and infuriated, Hyukjae pursed his lips in anger. “KYUHYUN!” he yelled loudly, not only poking Kyuhyun’s arm but landing a hard punch with his closed fist against it. “WAKE UP YOU IDIOT!”

                 

And the devil opened his eyes, groaning in pain and looked at him with an intense glare. Hyukjae cursed in his mind.

                 

Hyukjae let out a small squeal of fear, opening his eyes widely at Kyuhyun’s furious gaze. He froze for some seconds watching how Kyuhyun was panting for how much rage he was holding and he knew, he was going to die.

                 

He watches Discovery Channel. He has seen how an enraged beast looks at its prey when they’re about to kill it. How those beasts will not think twice before throwing themselves against the poor animal that did nothing but ask for their small children to play with them. Wait, he saw that on nick, whatever! Kyuhyun was trying to kill him with his eyes!

                 

“You have to pay the taxi’s fee!” Hyukjae yelled before storming out of the taxi and running for his life as fast as he could to his room, leaving a furious and enraged Kyuhyun behind.

                 

At least that day, Hyukjae didn’t die in Kyuhyun’s hands. But there was still plenty much time they had to spend together.

                 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 


 

                        

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~

Once again~ thanks to my beta Seira for reviewing this and making it perfect! ^^

Also~ you can come to the Structured Procrastination's Design Creation Centre if you want a poster or graphic, or if you want someone to review your work OR if you want me to write you a drabble or something. You can also ask for the poster and the drabble~ just tell us the idea! ^^

 

I love you guys and take care of yourselves okay? (: