Ch. [17]

In My Arms

 

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                   

It was awkward, way too awkward for both of them. It was quiet, their new home.

                   

Hyukjae gulped nervously and looked around. There were plenty of boxes and packed gifts all over the living room, but both Hyukjae and Kyuhyun were way too tired as to care. “Where’s my room? I want to sleep already,” Kyuhyun said coldly, not even sparing a look at Hyukjae.

                   

“First door, at the right,” Hyukjae said shortly.

                   

Kyuhyun only hummed and went with his suitcase sliding behind him towards his own room, closing the door behind him and leaving Hyukjae there wondering what to do next.

                   

He glanced at the clock and saw that it was already midnight, the dinner with their parents took way too long for his liking. But still, he was happy Siwon was there to lift his mood and distract him from Kyuhyun’s glares, sulking about how Hyukjae’s father took his cell phone away so he wouldn’t bug Hyukjae in his honeymoon.

                   

Sighing quietly, Hyukjae too, went to his own room and closed the door behind him, there was nothing he could do and he was too tired as to fix the boxes and gifts.

                   

Morning came and Hyukjae woke up pretty early hearing the door being closed. He sat up abruptly and realized that Kyuhyun had left, probably to work. He sighed deeply and stood up to take a shower, there were quite a few things he had to do through the day.

                   

Most of the gifts were now in the basement and the pretty and usable ones inside the house. Hyukjae took his laptop out and started searching for recipes on the internet for their dinner, because it was obvious Kyuhyun was coming back in the afternoon and he didn’t want to get scolded for not being a caring and loving wife.

                   

“This one looks delicious…,” Hyukjae smiled for himself and started writing down everything he had to buy to cook it.

                   

After making sure everything in the house was clean, he called a taxi and went to the supermarket. It was easy and actually funny to go shopping. He was never a fan of buying vegetables and stuff but he was sure that he was doing something good in choosing everything at that moment.

                   

When he arrived home he realized he only had about an hour to prepare meal before Kyuhyun arrived and he gasped. If he wanted to at least keep his skin glued to his muscles, he had to do a good job as a wife. Kyuhyun would probably kill him there alone and no one would realize until his bones were found in the Han river without a single clue of what happened.

                   

Hyukjae shivered at the thought and dedicated himself to follow the recipe in the screen of his laptop.

                   

It wasn’t as if he were the best chef out there. But living in foreign countries for so many years had given him quite the ability to survive with his own food.

                   

“Ah !” Hyukjae gasped when a drop of hot oil jumped to his skin. “Well, stupid oil, you and I are going to have serious problems here…,” he threatened narrowing his eyes and pursing his lips seriously as his hand was under the running water.

                   

“Yah! Stupid knife!” he frowned and pouted, once again placing his hand under the water.

                   

“Stupid spoon! What a jerk!” Hyukjae frowned when the utensil fell down the floor and he had to kneel down to clean his mess.

                   

“Stupid apron!” Hyukjae hissed annoyed at the burn in the piece of cloth as he placed it under the water and ended up in a whole mess.

                   

“Stupid food!” He cursed when, being distracted by the fire in his clothes, the food was getting burnt.

                   

“STUPID KYUHYUN!” he finally panted out. Because after so much he finally prepared the perfect and delicious meal he had in mind. Even now, that the kitchen was a whole disaster. Well, Kyuhyun didn’t have to go in there, right? He smiled for himself as he took off the burnt apron. “Perfect…”

                   

Hyukjae only had to wait for a few minutes before the door was opened revealing a tired looking Kyuhyun.

                   

“Kyuhyun-shi…,” Hyukjae called suddenly shy and awkward. “Welcome home… I guess…,” he mumbled looking away with a light blush in his cheeks.

                   

Kyuhyun looked away and left his suitcase in the table. “Yeah…,” he said awkward as well.

                   

It was almost a whole minute of silence and Hyukjae finally decided to open his mouth. “So… umm… would you like to eat something?” he asked and he didn’t know why he was so shy asking that to, well… his husband… oh lord…

                   

Kyuhyun cleared his throat and looked away. “Not now,” he said coldly. “I’m going out to have dinner with Seohyun, I just came to change my clothes.”

                   

Hyukjae’s shoulders fell and a fake smile was now on his lips. “Ah… I see…,” he laughed bitterly and quietly for himself. How much idiotic could he get? “Have fun then…,” he bit his lower lip and played with his fingers trying to think in something else than why it was making him so sad all of a sudden.

                   

Kyuhyun only hummed and went to his room as Hyukjae could only look down and try not to cry.

                   

It was almost ten minutes, Hyukjae didn’t move an inch and Kyuhyun went out of his room wearing casual clothes that only made him look extremely handsome.  you and your ridiculous handsomeness Kyuhyun!

                   

“Here,” Kyuhyun handed Hyukjae some papers with names and pictures in it.

                   

Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun with a questioning look. “What is it?” he asked still not receiving the papers.

                   

Kyuhyun sighed and placed them over the table. “Learn this names and faces, we have a dinner with some of them tomorrow night and you need to look as if you knew them all from years,” he explained fixing his shirt’s buttons.

                   

Hyukjae looked at the papers over the table and raised an eyebrow. “But I don’t…,” he said confused.

                   

“Just learn them, also you have to know how to behave in a high class dinner and think on a few discreet and funny anecdotes to tell,” Kyuhyun said now walking to the door. “Don’t wait for me,” he ended going out the house and leaving Hyukjae there frozen.

                   

After almost ten more minutes, Hyukjae finally sighed and went to the kitchen to clean up his mess. “Stupid Kyuhyun…,” he mumbled biting his lower lip hardly.

                   

He then went out from the kitchen and saw the papers in the table. Grunting from discomfort, he grabbed the papers violently and took them to his room where he threw himself to the bed. Hyukjae started just looking at the pages, not really reading the information and just going through all of them. He then looked at his bandaged and injured hands and he bit his lower lip hardly, because he did his best for Kyuhyun and the jerk didn’t even appreciated it. “Idiot…,” he cursed with shaky lips.

                   

That night Hyukjae slept before he could even cry, he was tired and annoyed and he was going to make sure Kyuhyun would have a piece of his mind.

                   

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                   

“I don’t like this kind of parties,” Hyukjae said as soon as he went out of his room but Kyuhyun didn’t even turn to him. “Do I really have to go?” he asked getting mad, well, he was mad even before.

                   

“Yes, you have,” Kyuhyun answered finally looking at him and diverting his eyes from the laptop. “And you also have to-” But Kyuhyun could say no more because even in their wedding day, Hyukjae wasn’t that perfect and pretty as that night. “You also have to…,” he gulped, trying to divert his gaze but not being able to. Hyukjae was simply perfect

                   

“I know,” Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “I have to be nice and tell people funny and discrete anecdotes about me and my life and blah blah blah,” he said mocking Kyuhyun’s voice. “You said we need to be there at least four hours, after that, can we come back? Well, can come back?” he asked hopeful.

                   

Kyuhyun shook his head lightly to free his mind of any other thought about Hyukjae and nodded. “Yeah, you can come back after that,” he said standing up. “Are you ready already? Let’s get going…,” he closed his laptop and stood up, grabbing his perfectly ironed black jacket and walking to the door.

                   

Hyukjae sighed and followed the other, wishing this event would end soon because seriously, he wasn’t in a good mood after preparing breakfast for Kyuhyun early in the morning and realizing that the other left while he was in the kitchen without even saying goodbye.

                   

The dinner went smoothly the rest of the night. Except, probably because Kyuhyun insisted in go around to flirt chat with the daughters and sons of the rich investors while Hyukjae had to handle the investors themselves.  It was a small party, only about twenty people in there.

                   

Everything went worst when one of them started making some inappropriate comments towards Hyukjae who was all by himself, just smiling politely and excusing himself away. But the man would find him again and again and Kyuhyun was too happy with other people that he didn’t realize Hyukjae needed his help.

                   

“Kyuhyunnie,” Hyukjae sang positioning himself by the side of Kyuhyun and wrapping his hand around Kyuhyun’s arm. “I’m tired, shouldn’t we go home by now?” he asked hopeful, almost begging but politely, fully knowing everyone was watching the new and most powerful alliance ever.

                   

Kyuhyun faked a smile. “Of course honey,” he said chuckling because seriously, why didn’t people see they were so fake?

                   

“Why leaving already?” a girl, one of the five flirting chatting with Kyuhyun asked and Kyuhyun grinned.

                   

“I’m not leaving, I’m being taken away,” he said and Hyukjae had to admit the man had his abilities to make him look like the bad guy, because now everyone there was looking at him as if he were the worst.  you Kyuhyun.

                   

Hyukjae giggled softly. “It’s okay if you don’t want to leave with me Kyuhyunnie...,” he said and Kyuhyun accepted some time ago that hearing Hyukjae say ‘Kyuhyunnie’ was actually nice and sounded smoothing. “I can call someone to get me, it’s just that I’m not feeling too well,” he excused, now not minding the girls trying to have some attention from his husband. He was tired and annoyed, and he definitely wasn’t going to tolerate Kyuhyun.

                   

“Are you sure honey? I would be worried, just call me when you get there,” Kyuhyun said, already telling Hyukjae that there was no way for him to leave the party.

                   

“Of course,” Hyukjae said and smiled sweetly. He then turned towards the girls in front of him. “Then, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll take my leave now,” he said and bowed slightly before going away without another word for Kyuhyun.

                   

“It took Hyukjae half an hour to greet goodbye to the most important investors, the majority of them offering for them to take Hyukjae home but he rejected them politely.

                   

He wondered if he should call Siwon to take him home but instantly declined the idea because Siwon had no driver’s license and it was going to be even more burdensome. “Can you please call a taxi for Lee Hyukjae?” he asked to the receptionist, who nodded and smiled softly, lifting her phone and complying with the order in just a minute.

                   

“It’ll arrive in five minutes sir, you can sit and ask for a drink in the meantime,” the girl said and Hyukjae made a mental note to congratulate Kyuhyun for hiring such a nice person that didn’t look at him as if he were nothing.

                   

The taxi arrived soon enough and Hyukjae went in, thanking the girl in the reception and telling the driver his destination. He decided though, that he didn’t want to go home just yet and went out to walk in an unknown street with a lot of small and cozy cafés in both sides and lights everywhere. He smiled for himself, at least no one would molest him in that place.

                   

Hyukjae entered a small coffee shop and asked for a hot chocolate. He drank it slowly and just looked through the glass window, watching all the people that passed through the street. It was calm and Hyukjae smiled for himself. Finally something calm, he doesn’t even remember giving some time to himself for months.

                   

Hyukjae’s phone rang and he answered without even looking at the caller. “Yes?” he asked softly.

                   

“Where the hell are you?” came Kyuhyun’s angry voice. “It’s been three hours since you left! I thought I told you to call me exactly when you reach home!”

                   

Hyukjae pursed his lips. “I haven’t reached home,” he said, looking at his chocolate and not feeling like tasting it anymore.

                   

“What?! Where are you?! You’re lost again, aren’t you? Tell me what you see, I’ll come to get you, no wait, forget it, I can track your cell phone. Wait for me and don’t move an inch!” Kyuhyun said by the other line and Hyukjae chuckled bitterly when he heard the beep in the other line.

                   

He sighed and just did as he was told, not in the mood to fight against Kyuhyun after a super tiring day.

                   

He waited outside the coffee shop and when Kyuhyun’s car arrived, he just went in and placed his seat belt silently. Kyuhyun drove off immediately, a big frown in his face. Hyukjae ignored him and turned away.

                   

“Can you please stop doing this?” Kyuhyun asked annoyed, gripping on the steering wheel harder than necessary.

                   

“Do what?” Hyukjae asked coldly, still looking through the window.

                   

Kyuhyun frowned deeply. “Getting lost and making me lose my time looking for you,” he answered, resisting the urge to yell at the other.

                   

Hyukjae turned towards Kyuhyun with a frown in his face as well. “I didn’t ask for you to do so,” he said seriously. “You could have stayed at your party with your girls instead of coming to get me, I could pay a taxi to take me home,” he retorted, looking away once again when the red light made Kyuhyun stop.

                   

“And risk myself to be judged by your father? Forget about it,” Kyuhyun said, even if he knew he did it because he was damn worried about the smaller.

                   

Hyukjae felt his heart broken; he bit his lower lip and glared at him. “You’re seriously a jerk Kyuhyun,” he said undoing his seat belt and going out of the car just when the red light changed to green.

                   

“Yah! Hyukjae!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, not being able to do something because the other cars were already beeping for him to advance. “Aish!” he hissed before driving slightly to the front and parking the car by the side of the road.

                   

Kyuhyun went out of the car infuriated, a big and deep frown in his face, walking with large steps towards the bus stop where Hyukjae was waiting for a taxi.

                   

“Hyukjae!” Kyuhyun called but the other just ignored him. He hissed in frustration and finally reached him, he grabbed Hyukjae’s wrist and pulled him towards the car. “You should stop doing this as well,” he said but there was still no answer.

                   

So when Kyuhyun stopped and turned around, he realized there were tears going down Hyukjae’s eyes. “Hyukjae…,” he called now panicking. “W-What’s wrong?” he asked not letting go of Hyukjae’s wrist, now his hold becoming gentle.

                   

Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun with hatred eyes and Kyuhyun felt like he had to die, because Hyukjae was supposed to be always loving and has been always been so, that he can only blame himself for making the other cry. “When will you at least care for me Kyuhyun?” the smaller asked frowning at him and with a serious expression. “I was being molested by one of your stupid erted investors and when I told you I wanted to go away you preferred staying with girls that weren’t even your girlfriend instead of listening to me, you’re an idiot Kyuhyun, do you know how offended and low I felt staying there alone while the old man stared at me as if wanting to undress me right there? You have no eyes!”

                   

Kyuhyun sighed deeply and closed his eyes. “So that’s why you were weird…,” he mumbled massaging his temple with his free hand and not letting go of Hyukjae’s. “I thought you were mad at me…”

                   

“I AM MAD AT YOU!” Hyukjae yelled pouting.

                   

“Okay Hyukjae, now tell me,” Kyuhyun asked with a big frown in his face, completely ignoring Hyukjae’s comment. “Who was that? The investor,” he said in a serious tone and Hyukjae looked at him now worried, because now Kyuhyun seemed as if he could kill someone in that very moment. “Tell me Hyukjae, because I won’t forgive something like this.”

                   

“I-I… Y-You look like you want to kill someone Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae admitted gulping hardly and seriously wanting to run away. Kyuhyun did a simple move with his hand and Hyukjae flinched, covering his face with his free arm. “Don’t kill me!” he exclaimed closing his eyes tightly.

                   

“What?” Kyuhyun asked confused, clearing his throat awkwardly when suddenly everyone’s judging eyes were on him. “Come on Hyukjae, let’s get going…”

                   

“W-Wait Kyuhyun! I did nothing wrong! I’m sorry okay?” Hyukjae said shyly, looking at Kyuhyun with begging eyes.

                   

“Seriously Hyukjae, if I wanted to kill you, I would have done so weeks ago!” Kyuhyun exclaimed pulling Hyukjae towards the car. “Now let’s go,” he said when Hyukjae didn’t oppose anymore.

                   

Hyukjae sighed in relief when Kyuhyun let go finally of the topic about the investor. He might as well not know anything about business, but he knew that the investor was a big one and the company couldn’t have the luxury to lose him.

                   

The drive home was quiet, partially because Kyuhyun was still thinking what he did for Hyukjae to think he could ever lay a hand on him, and partly because Hyukjae was tired and could only sleep.

                   

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

 


 

                        

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~

So I decided to update quickly~ kekeke because my gorgeous beta sent me this chapter and I was like ‘Why not?’

So yeah~

The story is progressing slowly because I want to build their feelings up instead of them just appearing over night, that’s not even realistic. So yeah~ I’m sorry if it’s slow but I promise you that when I finish up with all this fluff/comedy/not angsty stuff, the angst will come and we’ll be all happy! (or sad, kekeke)

Thanks to my beta who knows exactly how I work and thanks to all of you for reading! ^^

oh! and this poster I made it myself (time ago, xD)

I love youuuuuu! ♥