Ch. [04]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                             

“Okay… I did my best but it didn’t work, I’m sure he will understand…,” Hyukjae repeated for himself as he walked into the restaurant. “He won’t kill me because it’s a public place… yeah… sure…,” he gulped down sitting on the farest table, hoping that Kyuhyun wouldn’t find him that way. “Okay… breathe in, breathe out Hyukjae you can do this…,” he bit his lower lip not really convinced of his own words.

                             

He called Kyuhyun to ‘talk’, and after only receiving an ‘ok, send me a text’ as an answer, he felt like doing the worst decision ever in his life. How was he going to tell the handsome-but-seriously-scary man that they were actually getting married because he couldn’t cancel the wedding? “More like I didn’t want to…,” he bit his lower lip, no; Kyuhyun didn’t need to know about that little detail.

                             

A girl placed a glass with water in front of him and Hyukjae looked up a little scared, because seriously, every movement was making him crazy. “C-Can you bring me some hot chocolate please?” he asked, not coffee because he hated coffee, not something cold because he needed to relax himself, and not something with alcohol because he was a terrible drinker and would end up having more problems than he already got.

                             

And he waited patiently, he knew he was there almost half an hour before the actual time, but the thought of Kyuhyun getting mad because he was late was definitely not appealing to him. “Here’s your chocolate sir,” the waitress announced placing the beautiful cup in front of him. Hyukjae just smiled at her bitterly and the girl went away.

                             

Looking once again at his watch, Hyukjae gulped again. Fifteen minutes. He thought almost predicting the way he would die under Kyuhyun’s stare. “It’s okay Hyukjae, it’s not like he would kill you in front of so many people…,” he mumbled to himself, opening his eyes widely at the realization that there was almost no one in that small restaurant. Damn! Damn! DAMN!

                             

“Lee Hyukjae-shi,” and Hyukjae froze, he was supposed to have fifteen minutes to run away!

                             

Hyukjae looked up scared, terrified. “K-Kyuhyun-shi…,” he called not even being able to put on a fake smile. “Y-You’re early…,” he commented gripping on his cup hardly.

                             

“I’m not early, I‘m punctual, I don’t like making people wait,” Kyuhyun said sitting down on the seat in front of Hyukjae and signaling the waitress to take his order. “A cup of coffee please,” he said and Hyukjae gulped again.

                             

It was the very first time Kyuhyun wasn’t glaring at him and Hyukjae knew it wouldn’t last too long.

                             

They spent minutes in silence until the girl brought Kyuhyun’s order; Hyukjae kept on looking down, because somehow, Kyuhyun wouldn’t stop frowning and staring at him; maybe not with the same amount of hate from before but it still felt heavy.

                             

“So why are we here?” Kyuhyun finally asked as he sipped on his cup of coffee.

                             

Hyukjae gulped and looked up with a shy smile. “Umm… well… you see…,” he laughed out of nervousness. “I-I talked to my father about the marriage and umm… well…,” he bit his lower lip and looked down once again, not being able to even look at Kyuhyun’s face anymore.

                             

“He did agree to cancel it right?” Kyuhyun asked dangerously. “I won’t believe it if you tell me you’re stupid enough as to not do that,” he said and Hyukjae felt once again that hurt inside him that made him want to run away from there and cry his heart out.

                             

“I…,” Hyukjae scolded himself at his shaky voice. “Umm… well… I don’t think I can cancel it…,” he whispered, hoping Kyuhyun didn’t hear but at the same time for the other to do so.

                             

There were some seconds of heavy silence in which Hyukjae could only hear his own messy heartbeat. I’ll die, I’ll die, I’ll die, I’ll die, I’ll die…

                              

“What?” Kyuhyun asked and Hyukjae flinched even only at the voice, he couldn’t even move and some more seconds of silence came. “Can you repeat that? I’m afraid I missed it,” Kyuhyun said after the suffocating silence, obviously he heard, but it seemed to be he didn’t hear what he wanted to.

                             

Hyukjae smiled nervously again and looked up. “I couldn’t cancel the marriage…,” he repeated still with a weak voice.

                             

“So we’re here to pretend we’re fighting or something?” Kyuhyun asked. Hyukjae thought Kyuhyun would explode any minute and send some ninjas to get him killed.

                             

“Well… not exactly…,” Hyukjae looked away from Kyuhyun’s now deathly glare. “I just wanted to inform you since… umm… well… you will have to marry me and such…,” he bit his lower lip.

                             

Kyuhyun stood up abruptly, almost making the hot chocolate pour over Hyukjae’s body. “What?!” he exclaimed. “I thought I was clear when I said I didn’t want this!”

                             

Hyukjae gulped, definitely Kyuhyun looking down at him was way worst than having him in front view. “I-I’m sorry…,” he mumbled, hating how his hands were shaking out of fear.

                             

Kyuhyun hissed before turning around to leave the place, probably thinking on a way to stop the wedding by his own.

                             

“W-WAIT!” Hyukjae yelled when Kyuhyun was already leaving; the taller turned around and Hyukjae shivered at those scary eyes. “I-I can offer you a deal…,” he said gulping down. When did he become a shuttered?

                             

“What kind of deal?” Kyuhyun asked carefully.

                             

Hyukjae looked down to his hands and sighed deeply. Even talking to him is hard; I can’t imagine living with him…“Well…, can you please sit?” he asked looking up again and smiling as warm as he could.

                             

Kyuhyun looked at him for some seconds, the frown still in his face, before sitting down once again in the chair. “Speak,” he ordered and Hyukjae breathed in and out before opening his mouth again.

                             

“Okay…,” Hyukjae sighed deeply. “Since you don’t want this marriage and-”

                             

“It’s not only me who doesn’t want this marriage, I bet you don’t as well,” Kyuhyun said almost threatening Hyukjae to say it was true.

                             

Hyukjae didn’t have an idea of why he blushed softly and he better looked down. “I didn’t hate the idea…,” he mumbled biting his lower lip and he could only imagine how confused and probably disgusted Kyuhyun looked at him. “Anyways,” he tried to quickly change the direction of the conversation looking up. “Since there won’t be a way to cancel our marriage-”

                             

“Just wait and see,” Kyuhyun cut and Hyukjae could only sigh.

                             

“Stop interrupting me, I’m trying my best to talk properly here,” Hyukjae pouted and Kyuhyun was speechless at the sight, not even knowing why it was so amusing to see Hyukjae pouting. “Okay, thanks,” Hyukjae smiled softly at him, making Kyuhyun even more impressed. “I asked for some help and I’ll be proposing a deal to you,” Hyukjae could finally continue, thanking that Kyuhyun was finally quiet. “Right after our wedding, my father plans on giving you the entire company, along with some of its shares.”

                             

“What?” Kyuhyun opened his eyes widely. “Why?” he asked not believing how someone could give up on his own company that easily; leaving total control to someone as young as him.

                             

Hyukjae sighed. “He wants to have a peaceful life from now on since his heart is not completely healthy, and I do want him to live peacefully as well. But I know nothing about company issues so he wants me to marry someone he can trust…,” he bit his lower lip. “We’re not ambitious, we don’t need so much money...,” Hyukjae looked down. “But this was the company he created with so much effort and he doesn’t want for it to stay in the hands of someone else but me,” he explained.

                             

“So he’s planning on leaving everything to you, but since we’re getting married by shared goods, then everything yours is mine and vice versa,” Kyuhyun reasoned it out.

                             

“Yeah…,” Hyukjae smiled bitterly, hating how he spent hours trying to understand and Kyuhyun did in a few seconds. “That and some other properties he will leave under your name and not mine, he says it’ll be like a gift…,” he sighed deeply.

                             

“So what’s the deal then?” Kyuhyun asked staring carefully at Hyukjae.

                             

Hyukjae gulped once again; the almost comfortable talk they were having was now just like a dream that never happened.It’s okay Hyukjae, you can do this… it’s a good deal for him… “Well, I know you don’t want to marry me because of your g-girlfriend…,” and Hyukjae didn’t know why it was so hard to even say that. “So I propose to divorce after a few months of our marriage…”

                             

Kyuhyun lifted an eyebrow. “Isn’t that making everything even more complicated?” he asked, seriously thinking on how Hyukjae was actually really stupid.

                             

Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “No,” he said looking down. “I’ll leave everything to you, the lands, the company’s shares, everything you want; I’ll just need the necessary for us to live peacefully. I’ll make my father happy because he will see me happily married and-”

                             

“So you’re doing this because your father wants to see you married? Just that?” Kyuhyun asked unbelievable. “Does that have any sense at all?” he asked as if asking to the lowest thing in the world.

                             

Hyukjae’s face softened. “He thinks you’re the correct one, he told me he saw himself in you and he wanted me to be by the side of someone who would always be there for me, supporting me and loving me…,” he stopped for a while. “I’m just asking you to please pretend to do so for some time; nothing more…,” he pleaded.

                             

Kyuhyun looked into those brown and big eyes, so honest that he doesn’t remember seeing some as those. “Won’t he be even more heartbroken when we divorce?” he asked and he didn’t know why he was slowly becoming more relaxed in front of him.

                             

Hyukjae chuckled. “I’ll have the time to prepare him for that, I’ll tell him how I missed my time by my own and how you’re perfect but I’m not,” he said almost in a soft whisper. “Then he won’t feel guilty and you’ll be free again to marry the one you l-love…,” he bit his lower lip hardly. “Maybe your parents will be okay with your marriage after that…”

                             

“Do you think I like this?” Kyuhyun asked coldly again. “I’m not a money seeker either; I don’t want to marry you because one, I don’t like you neither love you,” and Hyukjae could feel that heavy feeling in his chest. “Two, because an arranged marriage is stupid,” Kyuhyun’s words wandered in his mind making his tears start forming in his eyes. “Three, because what will my girlfriend think of this when I tell her I’ll get married? I’m not planning on leaving her to play to the happy family with you.”

                             

“I’m not asking for that either,” Hyukjae looked down and said with a shaky voice. “I’m not asking for you to leave her, I’m just asking you to pretend, you can continue seeing her, I don’t mind it, just… just don’t let everyone know about that and I’ll be fine…,” he said closing his eyes, knowing Kyuhyun couldn’t see them.

                             

“Why are you doing this?” Kyuhyun’s dangerous voice came, almost piercing Hyukjae’s body, that deathly stare once again over the smaller man.

                             

“Because I want to see my father happy…,” Hyukjae mumbled still looking up.

                             

“So you don’t even want this,” Kyuhyun concluded coldly, almost angry at Hyukjae’s words.

                             

“Don’t misunderstand me,” Hyukjae looked up slightly with a fake smile in his perfect lips. “I don’t like you either, we’ll be fine like this, you can think of this marriage as an inversion or something… we don’t need to get involved emotionally or even-”

                             

And then Hyukjae looked up shocked when he heard how the chair slid hardly, Kyuhyun standing up abruptly with a clear frown in his face and leaving the place with heavy steps.

                             

“K-Kyuhyun-shi? W-Wait!” but Hyukjae reacted way too late and just sighed letting his shoulders fall, watching through the glass wall of the restaurant how Kyuhyun went up his car to drive away, still with that angry face of his.

                             

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•