Ch. [32]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              
“Kyuhyun… you’re scaring me…,” Hyukjae said nervous as he walked slowly and carefully. “Are you planning on killing me? Kyuhyun… murder is never a good idea…”
                
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, guiding Hyukjae as careful as he could outside, making sure the bandage over the smaller’s eyes wouldn’t fall down. “We’re almost there,” he said with a smile and stopped when they reached the door. “Now, you can open your eyes,” he said taking the bandage off.
                
Hyukjae opened his eyes slowly and gasped as soon as he saw what was in front of him.
                
“Happy five month-anniversary,” Kyuhyun said smiling widely at Hyukjae’s reaction.
                
“K-Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae shuttered. “Y-You’re giving me a car?” he finally asked, turning towards Kyuhyun who seemed pretty happy.
                
“Yes,” Kyuhyun said proudly, taking Hyukjae’s hand and placing the keys there. “It’s my gift,” he said smiling.
                
Hyukjae blushed and bit his lower lip. “I-Isn’t this too much?” he asked looking at what seemed to be, pretty expensive white car, parked outside their house with a huge red ribbon. “I just gave you a new computer…,” he said feeling like suddenly his gift was nothing.
                
Kyuhyun smiled and kissed Hyukjae’s cheek. “Come on, my gift still doesn’t end,” he sang and took Hyukjae’s hand, dragging him to the car.
                
“There’s more?!” Hyukjae exclaimed alarmed. “God Kyuhyun! What am I supposed to do next month?!”
                
Kyuhyun laughed and opened the passenger’s seat of Hyukjae’s new car. “It’s your car but since I’m here I’ll drive,” he said and Hyukjae only sighed, stepping inside and quickly putting on his seat belt.
                
Kyuhyun smiled and closed the door, rounding the car and taking away the huge red ribbon from it before entering the car. “So what’s going to happen now?” Hyukjae asked as he bit his lower lip nervously.
                
“We’ll have dinner together,” Kyuhyun said smiling softly and driving off.
                
Hyukjae pouted and his shoulders fell. Kyuhyun noticed and raised an eyebrow. “Something wrong?” he asked stealing glances to the smaller.
                
Hyukjae sighed. “I had cooked dinner for us already…,” he said almost whining and Kyuhyun stopped abruptly by the side of the road.
                
“Let’s go back then!” Kyuhyun exclaimed with a bright smile and Hyukjae gasped.
                
“Kyuhyun! Do you want to kill us both?!” Hyukjae exclaimed as he saw how Kyuhyun gave a u turn that was pretty much the most dangerous thing to do in such place.
                 
Kyuhyun laughed as he continued driving, actually being careful. “I want to eat your food,” he said turning to Hyukjae and winking an eye to him.
                
Hyukjae blushed madly and looked away. “Y-You seem to be in a good mood…,” he said biting his lower lip.
                
Because I’ve decided what to do with my life. “It’s been five months since I got married. I’m happy for that,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae simply smiled, feeling his heart fluttering.
                
“It’s weird to see the devil smiling…,” Hyukjae mumbled playfully and he laughed softly as Kyuhyun started whining about him not being the devil nor the devil wannabe. 
               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

               
‘Kyuhyunnie~ it’s been a month since I went away from you~ do you miss me?’ Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as he saw the text that Siwon sent him. “Idiot,” he chuckled.
                
‘No,’ Kyuhyun’s message said.
                
‘I miss you too Kyuhyunnie~,” the reply said and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, turning to see how Hyukjae was now humming a song while reading his book on his studio’s couch.
                
‘I didn’t say I missed you,’ Kyuhyun texted and he growled at Siwon’s reply. ‘Ah~ you love me? I love you too~ ♥’
                
‘Don’t you have anything else to do?’ Kyuhyun replied rolling his eyes. “Hyukjae, go call Siwon, he’s annoying me,” he said turning up and looking at Hyukjae as Siwon’s reply came. ‘Don’t worry Kyuhyunnie~ if it’s you there’s nothing else~’. 
                
Kyuhyun gasped. “HYUKJAE! Talk to Siwon!”
                
Hyukjae turned lazily and smiled. “I called him about ten minutes ago,” he said and turned to his book again. “Just talk to him, he must feel lonely.”
                
Kyuhyun’s jaw fell. “It’s not my responsibility to make him feel less lonely!” he exclaimed frustrated, typing his answer quickly. ‘Aren’t you sleepy? Go to bed already!’ 
                
‘Awnn~ my Kyuhyunnie is worried about me~ ♥ don’t worry~ I’m sleeping well~’ Kyuhyun hit his head against his desk. “Idiot, idiot, idiot,” he mumbled annoyed. “Hyukjae…,” he whined and he could only hear Hyukjae giggling.
                
“Give me,” Hyukjae said extending his hand and leaving his book over the small table in front of him.
                
Kyuhyun grinned and quickly stood up, laying his body on the couch and his head over Hyukjae’s lap, handing the smaller his cell phone. He saw how Hyukjae typed something quickly and then gave him his phone back. A few seconds later a reply came and Kyuhyun opened the text. ‘Okay, I’ll stop, bye.’
                
Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow. “What did you tell him?” he asked, smiling softly because Hyukjae was caressing his hair as he looked for the sent text and gasped. ‘I’m worried for your health Siwonnie, sleep well. I love you and I miss you, come back soon~ ♥’ “What?! Hyukjae!”
                
Hyukjae giggled. “He stopped didn’t he?” he asked and leaned down to peck Kyuhyun’s lips.
                
Kyuhyun sighed and smiled as Hyukjae leaned back. “I guess it’s fine then…,” he said throwing his phone to the couch as his now free hand looked for Hyukjae’s, intertwining their fingers immediately and closing his eyes at the soothing feeling.
                
“Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae called after almost half an hour of simply being like that.
                
“Mm?” Kyuhyun mumbled squeezing Hyukjae’s hand without opening his eyes.
                
Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “Today is Saturday…,” he said softly. “Aren’t you meeting your girlfriend?” he asked hesitantly and Kyuhyun sighed.
                
“Yes,” Kyuhyun said heavily, because he didn’t want this moment to end but he had to tell Seohyun he didn’t want to see her anymore. “Later,” he said to Hyukjae.
                
Hyukjae hummed and continued caressing Kyuhyun’s hair softly. “Then you should rest for a while…,” he said and Kyuhyun smiled.
                
“I’m already doing so,” Kyuhyun said opening his eyes and smiling at Hyukjae who simply smiled back.
               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              
“…,” Kyuhyun hissed annoyed, running his fingers through his hair as he looked at the back part of his car. “Aish…,” he sighed frustrated, seeing it completely destroyed. Now he couldn’t even arrive to see his girlfriend.
                
It wasn’t Kyuhyun’s fault and no one was hurt, he simply nodded annoyed at the man apologizing for not realizing the red light and he groaned because they were calling too much unnecessary attention.
                
He called the insurance and had to wait there until it came. His cell phone rang and he saw the id, looking at his girlfriend’s name displaying. “Hello?” he answered and quickly regretted it.
                
“Oppa! You’re late! You promised me to go out shopping and I’m here standing like a stupid girl in the middle of the mall!”Seohyun whined and Kyuhyun sighed, massaging his temple.
                
“Seohyun, I don’t think I’ll arrive, I just had a car accident,” Kyuhyun explained patiently, closing his eyes to try to ignore the noise of the cars passing by.
                
“Oppa! You promised me!” Seohyun exclaimed and Kyuhyun wondered if she was kidding, he just said he had an accident!
                
“Seohyun,” Kyuhyun called firmly. “I can’t go, we’ll meet next weekend,” he said, sighing loudly because he didn’t want to postpone the break up for a whole week.
                
“Oppa! You’re so mean!” The girl yelled before hanging up. And Kyuhyun had no intentions on calling back at her.
                
Sighing deeply, Kyuhyun wondered if he should call Hyukjae or not. He didn’t want the smaller to worry so he decided against it. It wasn’t even a big deal anyways. At the end he called his father, telling him what happened and to please call their lawyer to fix the problem with the other party.
                
Kyuhyun rested his body against his car, looking at his watch and waiting for the insurance company to arrive. ‘We’ll take a while since there have been a lot of accidents today’, they told him when he called them and he sighed, not having anything else to do.
                
It was after almost an hour that Kyuhyun couldn’t take it anymore and took his phone out to dial again the insurance company’s number. “Kyuhyun!” and Kyuhyun stopped his fingers, turning around to see a, what seemed a pretty horrified Hyukjae running to him.
                
“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun called as soon as Hyukjae reached him. “I- Who told you?” he frowned deeply, already knowing the answer and remembering to scold his father later for making Hyukjae worried.
                
Hyukjae ignored the question and cupped Kyuhyun’s face with his hands. “Are you alright? Are you hurt? We must go to a hospital!” he exclaimed panicked.
                
Kyuhyun sighed deeply and took Hyukjae’s hands, squeezing them softly. “I’m fine, don’t worry. Go home, I’ll go after the insurance company comes,” he assured but Hyukjae still had that worried expression in his face.
                 
“Kyuhyun, we need to check if you’re alright…,” Hyukjae insisted, biting his lower lip because he was really scared when Hankyung called to tell him Kyuhyun had an accident.
                
Kyuhyun smiled softly and dried Hyukjae’s single tear off his face. “I’m okay Hyuk, calm down,” he said but Hyukjae looked down. “Hey, I’m not hurt, it’s okay…,” he repeated and hugged Hyukjae tightly.
                
Hyukjae hugged Kyuhyun back and hid his face in Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “I was so worried…,” he admitted and Kyuhyun chuckled.
                
“I know…,” Kyuhyun said sighing deeply.
                
They parted away from the hug and Kyuhyun smiled softly at the other. Kyuhyun was about to lean closer and kiss Hyukjae’s lips when he heard a voice he didn’t want to.
                
“Oppa!” and Kyuhyun growled slowly, turning to see Seohyun who was running towards him.
                
Hyukjae gasped softly and stepped back silently, biting his lower lip and simply looking away.
                
“Oppa, I’m sorry for yelling…,” Seohyun said as soon as they were facing, completely ignoring Hyukjae. “But now I forgive you~ so let’s get going!” she said with a bright smile, hugging Kyuhyun’s arm.
                
Kyuhyun frowned. He expected Seohyun to at least to ask how he was but it seems that Seohyun wasn’t anything like Hyukjae. It was so clear and he felt like killing someone for not realizing it earlier. “I’m sorry Seohyun, but it’ll have to be in another time, look at my car.”
                
Seohyun turned to look behind Kyuhyun and pouted. “I liked your car…,” she mumbled and turned to Hyukjae. “But Hyukjae oppa has his car!” she exclaimed smiling.
                
Hyukjae turned up at the mention of his name and gasped. “I-”
                
“I bet Hyukjae oppa will lend us his car. Right oppa?” Seohyun asked, almost glaring at Hyukjae.
                
Hyukjae felt shivers running down his body and gulped nervously, looking at Kyuhyun and almost screaming for help. “No Seohyun, it’s his car, why would he lend it to us? I’m tired and I must wait for the insurance company,” Kyuhyun said frowning deeply.
                
“But Hyukjae oppa is a good person, he won’t mind lending us his car and waiting for it himself,” Seohyun said reaching his hand towards Hyukjae, looking at him as if he was being threatened to life.
                
“Seohyun,” Kyuhyun called firmly. “We’re not-”
                
“Here,” Hyukjae said handing Seohyun the keys. “H-Have a nice day…,” he mumbled looking down, not wanting to stay one more second in front of the girl that now seemed to hate him. Maybe because of Siwon… maybe she still loves him.
                
“Hyukjae, you don’t have to do this,” Kyuhyun said, feeling slightly annoyed that Hyukjae was giving him to Seohyun so easily.
                
“It’s fine, I’ll wait here…,” Hyukjae said looking away, avoiding Kyuhyun’s eyes. “You go have fun together…”
                
Kyuhyun pursed his lips in irritation. “Don’t wait here, just go home, I’ll call someone to fix it,” he said firmly. “I’ll come back in just a few hours,” he said. And it wasn’t like Kyuhyun was accepting the treatment Seohyun was giving his wife, it was more like he wanted to end everything at once with Seohyun, who suddenly became extremely annoying.
                
Hyukjae simply nodded, not looking at Kyuhyun and just staying there still.
                
“Go home,” Kyuhyun repeated once more before Seohyun dragged him to Hyukjae’s car.
                
Hyukjae stayed there, biting his shaky lower lip, sighing deeply. “I guess this time, it is my fault…,” he mumbled pouting lightly.
               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•