Ch. [73]

In My Arms

TRIPLE UPDATE GUYS! GO TO CH. 71!!

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

They were about to go out of the house until Kyuhyun remembered something. “Wait, Hyuk, I have something for you.”

 

Hyukjae just stayed where he was. He didn’t even move.

 

A minute later, Kyuhyun came back and presented a beautiful flower in front of Hyukjae. Just to not break that small routine he had liked so much.

 

It took only a few seconds for Hyukjae to look at the flower, and finally, Kyuhyun noticed it. “Hyuk?” Kyuhyun called rather nervously. “Hyukjae?”

 

Hyukjae was looking at the flower. He was acknowledging the existence of the flower and it was a bigger advance of what Kyuhyun had expected.

 

His hand was trembling as Hyukjae kept staring at the flower, silently, as if nothing else existed in the world but that. “Hyuk, it’s alright, take it. It’s yours.” Kyuhyun said, looking how even the flower was moving from how shaky his hand was. He was nervous, but he was excited. “Here, for you.”

 

They stood there for at least an hour and Kyuhyun felt his heartbeat uncontrollable against his chest as he waited for something else to happen. His patient paid off when Hyukjae slowly and unhurriedly reached his hand up, slowly taking the flower with his fingers, accidentally touching Kyuhyun’s in the process.

 

Kyuhyun was afraid that simple touch would ruin everything, because Hyukjae stopped his movements to hold the flower, as if he had realized there was someone else in there. As if Hyukjae had come to notice there was Kyuhyun in front of him, and that he could touch him, as if finally he could feel Kyuhyun’s skin.

 

Hyukjae took the hand gently, lovingly, and brought him close to himself, looking at it for long minutes, maybe hours.

 

Kyuhyun thought he would throw it away, just as the others. But then again, why would he receive it just to throw it away?

 

There had to be something else in all that small routine Hyukjae had done for himself, and Kyuhyun started thinking that maybe he was going against it every time he brought him back home.

 

Kyuhyun stepped back and opened the door, setting himself aside. “Just do whatever you want to, Hyuk I won’t stop you.”

 

Hyukjae was looking at the flower the entire time and continued doing so for at least another hour before he finally looked up. And finally, finally, it looked as if Hyukjae had something in mind. A plan.

 

Kyuhyun did nothing but follow Hyukjae’s slow but steady steps. The flower he had given the smaller was still being held by him, dearly, as if taking care nothing would happen to it and it should be kept perfect as it was.

 

It was already midday and Kyuhyun had been walking for two hours. Hyukjae knew what was happening in his surroundings, but Kyuhyun still had to stop him when there was a street and cars were passing by, or take him away from dangerous places he suddenly jumped against. Aside from that, it seemed as if Hyukjae knew where exactly he was going.

 

It surprised Kyuhyun, how Hyukjae went up a bus and he did so, too. Paying for both of them and sitting behind his wife.

 

It was four in the afternoon when they finally reached a destination. Kyuhyun was tired, exhausted, hungry, even. But Hyukjae looked just fine, still determined, still holding the flower.

 

They arrived to a small town far away from the city and walked about two hours to get there behind all those small paths. There were barely a few houses here and there and Kyuhyun was sure Hyukjae had never been there before. Still, he seemed as if he knew exactly where he was.

 

“What happened to you before finding me, Hyukjae?” Kyuhyun whispered, walking steadily, wanting to know everything in Hyukjae’s head. “What have you been through all this time?”

 

They walked along a small lake, and then along crops fields. It was until they reached a small field that Kyuhyun didn’t want to admit was a cemetery. “What is this place, Hyuk?”

 

He was getting even more nervous than before. His hands were starting to feel sweaty and his chest hurt, making him unable to even breathe.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t even have a clue of what that place meant for Hyukjae. It was a small town, the gravestones were barely seen and taken care of. Hyukjae kept walking, slowly, steadily, in between the small paths of the quiet place. There was no one else in there and they stopped until they reached a small tree, barely as big as Hyukjae himself, but extremely leafy.

 

Kyuhyun stood quiet. Did Hyukjae intend to come to this place every day since he has been given him flowers?

 

The answer came quickly.

 

Hyukjae looked down at the gravestone and stayed there for an entire hour, with Kyuhyun looking him intently. What did that place meant for him? Why was it that small town? Was it intentional or was Hyukjae having hallucinations as well? Maybe it could be, that Hyukjae was having troubles in his mind as well.

 

But Kyuhyun doubted as Hyukjae finally reached down, placing the flower he had given him before over the grave, placing it gently and lovingly.

 

There was silence, a heavy but also relaxing silence.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae. Time stopped for them.

 

Hyukjae was crying silently.

 

And Kyuhyun couldn’t understand.

 

Hyukjae’s lips moved, but there was no sound coming out from there. My baby.

 

Kyuhyun’s heart stopped. Hyukjae was mouthing my baby, endlessly.

 

I’m sorry, my baby.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t want to assume things, but his body was starting to ache. “Hyukjae,” his voice came out as a mere whisper, hoarse and painful. “Hyuk…”

 

He looked down, there was no name written on it, there wasn’t a clue of what was happening. Kyuhyun wanted to ask, but he knew there would be no answer. He couldn’t keep himself standing and ended up resting his body against a tree, running his fingers through his hair as he watched carefully how Hyukjae kneeled down in front of the grave, taking one of his hands to his abdomen.

 

Kyuhyun felt a sharp pain go through his entire body. “No...”

 

His eyes were stinging from the tears that were trapped and he didn’t allow to go out. His hands and legs were shaking and he could only pull his hair harshly, trying to control himself. But he couldn’t. Not when Hyukjae had silent tears on his face, when he was holding his abdomen firmly and when he was mouthing I’m sorry, my baby, so tenderly and apologetic.

 

It couldn’t be nothing when Hyukjae had reacted to something.

 

Slowly, Kyuhyun managed his own body to finally reach Hyukjae, wrapping his arms around the thin and delicate frame of skin and bones. “I’m sorry Hyukjae, I’m really sorry.”

 

And for the very first time in months, ever since he was kidnapped, Hyukjae looked at him. Hyukjae’s eyes were set on him and not through him. It was as if he was begging to please save him, as if there was something really painful he wanted to share but he couldn’t.

 

“I’m sorry Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun’s voice was cracked, he was breaking down faster than he would have liked.

 

But Hyukjae was looking at him, and that was something he couldn’t describe.

 

It only took a second, maybe even less, but as soon as Hyukjae set his teary and red eyes on Kyuhyun, he fainted, falling against Kyuhyun’s strong arms.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae for minutes, determined. He held him firmly and secured, leaning down to kiss his forehead before taking out hid cell phone from his pocket, dialing a number he used to months ago.

 

“Hello?” The private detective answered quickly.

 

Kyuhyun looked down at Hyukjae and frowned determined. “There’s something I need you to find out.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“How is he?” Kyuhyun asked as soon as Siwon finished checking vital signs.

 

“He just fainted,” Siwon said, gently caressing Hyukjae’s hair. “He’ll be fine as soon as he wakes up.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded, although his mind was somewhere else. “Siwon,” he looked up to see the other. “Is there a way to find out if Hyukjae had been pregnant before?”

 

Siwon gasped softly. “What happened for you to ask this?”

 

Kyuhyun looked down at Hyukjae resting on their bed. “I just need to know…”

 

“If you’re worried if he was pregnant before he married you, I can assure you that didn’t happen,” Siwon quickly said. “What kind of person do you think he was?”

 

Kyuhyun frowned, glaring at Siwon. “Shut up idiot,” he groaned. “I meant if he was pregnant before getting kidnapped.”

 

Siwon frowned slightly before gasping. “What? I- Well… of course there’s a way of knowing…”

 

Kyuhyun nodded. “Then do it. I want to know.”

 

“You won’t tell me why?” Siwon asked, frowning slightly. “Kyuhyun, what’s going on? What happened today? You just disappeared the entire day without any kind of notice and your mother has been nagging at me all this time while you do something I have no idea what it is about and I also want to know if it’s about Hyukjae.”

 

Kyuhyun held Hyukjae’s hand firmly, looking at those peaceful features and the way his eyes now seemed calm and not red from crying. “It’s been such a long time I saw Hyukjae’s expression that I had forgotten how much they can affect me, Siwon.” He breathed in and out deeply. “I missed feeling my heart break as soon as I notice Hyukjae is sad. I missed how my body trembled when he looked at me. I’ll go crazy if he ever mentions my name once more, I swear.”

 

Siwon raised an eyebrow. “Kyuhyun, what are you talking about?”

 

“The color of his eyes…,” Kyuhyun smiled. “The way his lips tremble and pout when he’s sad. How his eyebrows slowly lift and go down. Siwon,” he chuckled softly. “You have no idea of how much I love this man right here. I really do. He has the power of enchanting me with only a look. I love him, I love him so much it’s hard to give up on him.”

 

Siwon was even more confused than before. “I know,” he simply said. “I love him that much as well.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed deeply. “I followed him this time,” he admitted. “I didn’t bring him back home, I just followed to wherever he wanted to go…,” he took his free hand to caress Hyukjae’s cheek. “I had never gone to that place before, it took us hours. We reached a gravestone.”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes slowly, looking up, as if there was nothing around him. As if he was just an empty doll.

 

Kyuhyun smiled as he kept on caressing Hyukjae’s cheek lovingly. “I think it was our baby’s grave.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 




A/N: Guys... TT^TT

I'm so, so, sorry for not updating soon

I feel so shamed because I always tried my best but my computer broke and then I got it back and then it broke again D:

Anyway. Just to let you know there's my birthday fic at the door (yay!) and I'll be updating all my fics these days and I'll start updating them really, really often because this weather really makes me want to write kkkkk

Enjoy! and don't forget to comment so I know what's in your minds! 

I love you all! <3