Ch. [38]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

          
Kyuhyun opened the door of their house softly, stepping inside with heavy steps because the day had been tiring and the only thing he wanted to do was to rest in the couch with Hyukjae caressing his hair as he always did.
           
He gasped audibly when he heard soft sobs and he threw his suitcase quickly, running to the living room only to find a crying Hyukjae, hugging his knees and hiding his face in between, soft sobs could be heard and Kyuhyun didn’t took even a second to be by the smaller’s side. “Hyuk, what’s wrong? What happened?” he asked panicked.
           
Hyukjae sniffed and looked up at Kyuhyun, pouting lightly and throwing himself to the other’s arms. “It’s so sad, yet so beautiful…,” he mumbled hiding his face in Kyuhyun’s shoulder.
           
Kyuhyun froze confused, hugging Hyukjae back and looking around only to realize that there were some credits going on tv and a movie case in the small table. He sighed and smiled. “Hyuk, you’re crying over ‘how to train your dragon?’” he asked chuckling amused and earning a soft hit in his back.
           
“It’s beautiful Kyuhyun, shut up,” Hyukjae whined, pouting and parting away from the hug.
           
Hyukjae’s expression quickly changed as soon as he saw Kyuhyun’s tired face. He smiled and cupped Kyuhyun’s face with his hands. “You look tired,” he said caressing Kyuhyun’s cheek lovingly.
           
“I’m tired,” Kyuhyun sighed, wrapping his hands completely around Hyukjae’s waist and closing his eyes, enjoying the soft touch.
           
“But you have an appointment for dinner, right?” Hyukjae asked softly. “Sleep for now, I’ll wake you up later,” he said and Kyuhyun nodded, not really wanting to go but not being able to reject a client.
           
Kyuhyun hummed and it wasn’t long for him to be lying on Hyukjae’s lap with the other caressing his hair until he fell asleep. He smiled for himself. This is what Kyuhyun wanted, what he wished for and he felt light, happy. 
          

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

          
Kyuhyun sighed as he went out of the restaurant and it was raining, not usual rain but an actual storm. He hissed annoyed and ran to his car, covering his head with his suitcase and sighing when he finally made it into it.
           
He could hear the thunders loudly and he wondered if he would be able to arrive home like that.
           
It took him almost two hours for Kyuhyun to finally get into his house and he sighed when he tried to turn on the lights and couldn’t. Apparently, electricity was gone. He walked cautiously towards the living room, discharging himself from his tie and jacket. “Hyukjae?” he called softly, trying to see through the darkness and realizing the living room was empty when lighting illuminated the room.
           
Kyuhyun walked to Hyukjae’s room and knocked softly, not wanting to wake the other up if he was sleeping already. “Hyuk?” he called again, giving up after a while and turning around to go to his own room.
           
It was a loud noise that made Kyuhyun turn around and open Hyukjae’s door widely, looking around and only being able to see the lamp on the floor because of another lighting, he turned around slightly and found Hyukjae trembling in the corner of his room. “Hyuk! Hyukjae!” he ran to the other, finally being able to hear the soft sobs coming from him.
           
Kyuhyun kneeled down and hugged the smaller body tightly, feeling how Hyukjae hugged back as if his life depended on it. “Kyu…,” he cried and Kyuhyun sighed, the other’s back comfortingly. He didn’t know Hyukjae was actually scared of storms and he felt guilty for leaving him alone for so long.
            
“It’s okay Hyuk, I’m here,” Kyuhyun said softly, but Hyukjae kept crying and shivering in fear.
           
Hyukjae flinched when another thunder resonated in the entire house, making Hyukjae hide his face against Kyuhyun’s chest. “Kyu…,” he cried again, gripping on the taller’s shirt hardly. “Make it stop…,” he begged, tears wetting Kyuhyun’s clothes.
           
Kyuhyun chuckled, partially happy to be that close to Hyukjae. “Come on Hyuk, let’s go to my room,” he said carrying the other like a koala, hugging him tightly and Hyukjae clinging on him hardly.
           
They arrived to Kyuhyun’s room, which was a little more hidden and the thunders weren’t as loud as in Hyukjae’s room. The taller laid Hyukjae down in his bed but Hyukjae didn’t let go of him and he laid by the other’s side, hugging Hyukjae tightly. “Sleep Hyuk,” he ordered but he still could feel Hyukjae flinching every time the light of the storm filtered through the curtains.
           
Kyuhyun held Hyukjae close to his body by the waist and leaned down to kiss Hyukjae, smiling after a few seconds when Hyukjae kissed back with trembling lips. 
           
It took almost an hour for Kyuhyun to make Hyukjae sleep in his embrace and he told to himself that he didn’t mind having Hyukjae in his bed like that. Maybe he could use the storms as an excuse to actually sleep with his wife. He smiled and looked at Hyukjae with the dim light of the night, smiling when he could feel Hyukjae still gripping on his shirt strongly. He pecked Hyukjae’s lips before closing his eyes as well, pulling Hyukjae as close as he could to himself.
          

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

          
“Kyu…,” Hyukjae poked Kyuhyun’s arm softy. “Kyuhyun,” he called biting his lower lip and looking at the other’s sleepy face. He blushed as he remembered the last night and he looked away a little embarrassed of Kyuhyun noticing something that affected him ever since he was a child.
           
But it wasn’t him who woke Kyuhyun up but the taller’s cell phone still in his pocket.
           
Kyuhyun groaned but didn’t let go of Hyukjae as he blindly looked for his cell phone and answered still with closed eyes, pulling Hyukjae closer. “What?!” he exclaimed annoyed.
           
Hyukjae looked up and smiled, taking one of his hands to caress Kyuhyun’s cheeks as the other talked to the phone.“KYUHYUN! There was a storm right?! Hyuk is scared of storms!” the other line yelled and Kyuhyun flinched, taking his phone away from his ear.
           
“I know idiot,” Kyuhyun said half groaning, smiling after because he opened his eyes and found Hyukjae in front of him, smiling sweetly and caressing his face.
           
“You know?” Siwon asked on the other line. “Whatever, he hates storms so you better go home earlier these months, he doesn’t have to stay alone,” he said but Kyuhyun wasn’t listening anymore, leaning down to peck Hyukjae’s lips softly.
           
“I’m hanging up,” Kyuhyun said throwing his phone away and hugging Hyukjae tightly, closing his eyes again to keep on sleeping.
           
“Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae called smiling gently.
           
“Mh?” Kyuhyun simply hummed, still a little tired.
           
“Thank you,” Hyukjae said sincerely, wrapping his hands around Kyuhyun’s neck and pulling him closer for a deep kiss.
           
Kyuhyun wouldn’t mind waking up like that for eternity and oh, how much he wished storms would be frequent for the next weeks. “There’s always a good way to thank me,” he said with a smug smile before turning around their bodies, finally hovering over Hyukjae’s body.
           
Hyukjae blushed and bit his lower lip, looking at Kyuhyun and smiling after. He said nothing as Kyuhyun pulled him closer by the waist and kissed his lips deeply and slowly. He was still shy and a little embarrassed of being with Kyuhyun but it was probably because of his feelings. He kissed back and parted his lips when Kyuhyun nibbled his bottom lip, letting his tongue enter his mouth.
           
Their tongues danced together and Hyukjae could feel Kyuhyun’s fingers already playing with the hem of his shirt to slide his hands under it, which he allowed without any resistance.
           
With one peck on Hyukjae’s lips, Kyuhyun went down to start kissing the smaller’s neck, hands already roaming around the other’s body and Hyukjae biting his lower lip to stop the soft moans to come out from his mouth. 
           
Kyuhyun’s phone started ringing but Kyuhyun ignored it completely. “Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae panted lightly. “It could be important,” he said finally softly when Kyuhyun started his earlobe sensually.
           
“It’s not,” Kyuhyun assured.
           
Hyukjae bit his lower lip, feeling Kyuhyun’s growing bulge against his own. “K-Kyuhyun… you should answer anyways…,” he said truly concerned.
           
Kyuhyun sighed and looked at Hyukjae. “Just because you’re asking,” he mumbled before grabbing his cell phone still on top of Hyukjae. “Hello?” 
           
“Kyuhyunnie, why do you hang up on me?” Siwon asked from the other line making Kyuhyun groan in annoyance. “You don’t love me anymore?”
           
“Really Siwon, I’m busy,” Kyuhyun growled frustrated, looking down at a flushed Hyukjae with red, swollen lips waiting for him and giggling softly.
           
“But Kyuhyunnie-” Kyuhyun hanged up, turning his phone off before leaning down to kiss Hyukjae’s giggling lips.
           
“I better go prepare breakfast Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said after a few seconds and Kyuhyun sighed deeply.
           
“That idiot…,” Kyuhyun mumbled annoyed as Hyukjae slid away from his bed.
           
Hyukjae smiled. “You like him anyways,” he said pecking Kyuhyun’s cheek softly.
           
Kyuhyun gasped. “What?! Who said I liked him! I don’t!” he exclaimed as he followed Hyukjae to the kitchen.
          

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

          
“You should come with me, I don’t want you to stay alone here,” Kyuhyun said when he was already at the door, ready to go to work.
           
Hyukjae smiled. “It’s okay,” he said softly, lifting his book so Kyuhyun would see. “I’ll wait here,” he assured and Kyuhyun sighed deeply.
           
“Call me if there’s something wrong, I won’t be late,” Kyuhyun said, going towards Hyukjae one last time to peck the other’s lips, still a little concerned but smiling when Hyukjae did.
           
“I’m still wondering if you’re just being extra nice to kill me while no one is here to protect me,” Hyukjae joked laughing softly and Kyuhyun frowned.
           
“I’m not-”
           
“The devil will always deny the truth,” Hyukjae shook his head and pushed Kyuhyun outside. “Just leave already,” he said chuckling and winking at Kyuhyun before closing the door behind the taller.
           
Kyuhyun chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair, smiling softly and walking to his car to finally go to work.
           
After almost half an hour of driving, he finally went into his office and he didn’t take long to occupy himself with all the work he had to do.
           
Some hours later, Kyuhyun’s phone rang and he looked at the screen, smiling when he read Hyukjae’s name displaying. “Hyuk?” he called softly, arranging some papers on the table.
           
There were some seconds of silence and Kyuhyun knew, it was never a good signal. “Kyu…,” he heard the other sob softly and Kyuhyun quickly stood up, looking at his window and frowning when he realized it wasn’t even raining. 
           
“Hyuk, what’s wrong?” Kyuhyun asked carefully, walking to the other side of his office and then back again.
           
“Kyu…,” Hyukjae sobbed a little louder. “Kyuhyun…”
           
Kyuhyun could feel himself getting scared. “Hyuk, calm down, tell me what happen, I’ll be there in a few minutes,” he said grabbing his coat and running out of his office towards the elevator, pinching the bottoms desperately as he looked up to see how many floors were left.
           
“Y-You don’t have to come here…,” Hyukjae said but Kyuhyun knew the other was crying. “I just wanted to know if you were fine…,” he said and Kyuhyun frowned deeply.
           
“It doesn’t look like it for me,” Kyuhyun said suspiciously. “Tell me the truth Hyukjae,” he warned.
           
There were some other seconds of silence in which Kyuhyun finally arrived to the basement and walked towards his car.“It’s just that Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae assured weakly.
           
Kyuhyun pursed his lips. “It’s not, don’t move, I’ll be there right away.”
           
“No!” Hyukjae exclaimed. “I-It’s just that…,” and Kyuhyun knew the other was biting his lower lip nervously. “I just saw a movie and the husband was meant to die but the wife knew that he would die because she was living in two different days and he was cheating on her but at the end he ditched the other one and said to his wife that he would never love someone else and I thought he wouldn’t die but he did and Kyuhyun… don’t die…,” Hyukjae cried.
           
Kyuhyun sighed deeply, closing his eyes trying to relax from the major panic he experienced and rested his body against his car. “Hyuk, I won’t die,” he assured with a soft smile. “It’s just a movie.”
           
Hyukjae sobbed louder from the other line. “J-Just… d-don’t go around carelessly…,” he cried.
           
Kyuhyun smiled a little wider, feeling something warm from his interior. “Hyuk, what about going out for lunch? I’m starving,” he proposed.
           
There was another short silence before he could hear Hyukjae calm down. “Okay,” he said. “But I’ll go there and we’ll eat somewhere where you don’t have to drive to or cross the streets or anything like that,” he said hurriedly. “And no seafood, I don’t want you to die because of some kind of allergy.”
           
Kyuhyun chuckled. “I’m not allergic,” he said laughing softly. “And no, I’ll go pick you up and we’ll go together, as a real married couple,” he said happy that he could actually say something like that. “I won’t die, I promise.”
           
“Don’t promise, you always break your promises,” Hyukjae said serious from the other line. “Just come here safely, in one whole piece…”
           
And even when Kyuhyun felt a little guilty of always breaking his promises, he smiled. “I’ll be there in a few minutes,” he repeated and after Hyukjae hung up, scared that Kyuhyun would have a car accident if they kept talking, he drove off, sighing deeply because it was ironic how something so simple as a phone call would make him go crazy.
           
But it wasn’t any simple call. It was Hyukjae’s, and Hyukjae stopped being just plain ‘simple’ some time ago.
          

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•


                       
A/N: I love you all~