Ch. [05]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                           

“Is the wedding date set already?” Siwon asked through the phone and Hyukjae sighed heavily, looking directly at his ceiling and resting his tired body on his soft bed.

                           

“Not yet, but dad wants to set it tomorrow…,” Hyukjae sighed again, it’s been already two weeks and the families haven’t met, neither he and Kyuhyun, which he partially thanked. “You’ll come right?” he asked after a few seconds, biting his lower lip because if there was someone he needed by his side, that was definitely Siwon.

                           

“Of course I will Hyukkie,” Siwon said with that soft voice Hyukjae loved. “Why? You want me to kidnap you and marry you instead?”

                           

Hyukjae laughed softly, something he hadn’t done in quite a while. “That would be pretty effective Wonnie…,” he said smiling brightly. “Ahh… I never thought I would say this honestly… but I really miss you…,” he said closing his eyes.

                           

Siwon snorted. “You player!” he exclaimed. “So all those times you told me you missed me were all lies?!” he whined and Hyukjae chuckled. “I can’t believe this! You own me a hot and sensual kiss when I get there!”

                           

Hyukjae laughed again. “I’m engaged Siwon! I can’t kiss you now!”

                           

“But you played with my feelings!” Siwon exclaimed childish. “What does the man has that you can’t cheat on him? He will cheat on you!” he exclaimed.

                           

Hyukjae giggled. “Actually, in the strict sense, he’s cheating on his girlfriend with me since she was first,” he said laughing even when something painful pierced his chest.

                           

“Is he at least handsome?” Siwon asked curious. “Because I won’t accept my pretty monkey to marry someone who’s not more handsome than me!”

                           

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “Is there even someone in this planet more handsome than you?” he asked giggling.

                           

“Of course not!” Siwon exclaimed and Hyukjae could picture his happy smile, the one that would make everyone fall to his feet. “So it’s decided then! Pack everything and I’ll go get you right away!”

                           

Hyukjae chuckled. “Ok then, don’t be too late because I’ll get bored here…,” he smiled at how good it felt to actually have a friend.

                           

“I’m buying my ticket right now!” Siwon exclaimed and Hyukjae opened his mouth to answer when a soft knock made him alert and he turned to the door now opening slightly.

                           

“Hyukkie? Can you come for a minute?” Hyukjae’s father asked almost whispering since he knew Hyukjae was talking on the phone.

                           

“Sure dad,” Hyukjae smiled and nodded before returning the cell phone to his ear. “I have to leave Wonnie, let’s see each other soon okay?” he asked softly.

                            

“Sooner than you think Hyukkie!” Siwon exclaimed from the other line before Hyukjae ended the phone call and went out of his room to follow his father.

                           

“What is it dad?” Hyukjae asked when he arrived to where his father was.

                           

“Ah, there’s someone who wants to see you in the library, you better hurry,” Hyukjae’s father said and Hyukjae new, it couldn’t be good, he knew no one in Korea, they had no family left, he had no friends or such, the only friend he had was Siwon and he was thousands of miles away.

                           

“Okay…,” Hyukjae sang not really convinced and starting to worry when he caught his father’s smug smile.

                           

Hyukjae walked to the library slowly, a place he wouldn’t step in so much as the room where he used to dance all the time, he opened the door and his heart started beating fast. Please, don’t let it be Kyuhyun, not Kyuhyun, not Kyuhyun, please, please, please, “K-Kyuhyun-shi…,” he called as soon as he recognized the man sitting on the leather couch coolly.

                           

“You’re kind of slow you know?” Kyuhyun commented frowning softly. “I thought you would at least be polite to the guests,” he continued and Hyukjae looked down ashamed.

                           

“I-I’m sorry,” Hyukjae said even when he didn’t really felt it. “But I would have been politer if I had a previous notice about the visit,” he defended himself pouting.

                           

Kyuhyun lifted his eyebrow, as if not really understanding how someone could talk back to him. “Whatever,” he said dismissing the topic quickly. “As you may know, tomorrow will be decided the wedding date,” he said frowning at those words. “I talked to my girlfriend and I tried my best to convince her to maintain our relationship secret, you better respect the deal,” he warned.

                           

Hyukjae sighed. “So you couldn’t stop the wedding after all,” he said sitting down on the farest couch from Kyuhyun. “Well, don’t worry, it’s not like I want to marry someone I barely know his name…,” he pouted lightly.

                           

Kyuhyun frowned deeper, he remembered having Hyukjae under his complete command, terrified of him and all shy when he looked at him. “Well, I also have some other things to add to the deal,” he commented looking away from Hyukjae.

                           

“What kind of things?” Hyukjae asked actually curious.

                           

“One,” Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae. “We won’t sleep in the same room,” he said and Hyukjae rolled his eyes because seriously, did Kyuhyun think they were actually sleeping together? “Two,” Kyuhyun continued. “There will be only slight skinship when we go out for business dinners with investors that like happy marriages,” he said and Hyukjae shrugged it off, he didn’t really mind it actually. “And three,” Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes. “We won’t talk, we won’t share feelings, we won’t be a real couple... ever.”

                           

Hyukjae smiled bitterly. “I never thought we would,” he said looking away. “If that’s everything you had to say then I guess I’ll be leaving,” he announced standing up from his seat.

                           

“You can’t,” Kyuhyun frowned deeper and Hyukjae turned around raising an eyebrow.

                           

“I actually can, you know, this is my house, I can go all around it,” Hyukjae replied sarcastically, extending his hands to the air as if he wanted to make his point clearer.

                           

Kyuhyun glared at Hyukjae. “I told your father we were going out for dinner so get ready in fifteen minutes,” he commanded and Hyukjae opened his eyes in shock.

                           

“A-Are we really going out for dinner?” Hyukjae asked not believing Kyuhyun’s words and rolling his eyes at himself when he finally thought of Kyuhyun’s plans. “Or are we just going out from this house together and separate on our way?”

                           

“Obviously I’m not having dinner with you, I have way more important things to do,” Kyuhyun said dryly.

                           

“Yeah well, I thought so,” Hyukjae sighed defeated, because even if they were just going to pretend, he actually wanted to have a stable friendly relationship with Kyuhyun. “Let’s get going then,” he said offering the other male a warm smile.

                           

“Are you going out like that?” Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow looking at Hyukjae that wasn’t wearing exactly the most luxurious clothes ever.

                           

“Why are you so worried? No one will see me by your side,” Hyukjae said turning around and walking to the door. “Let’s hurry up so I can come back soon,” he said already opening the door and going out, leaving Kyuhyun standing there alone and frowning deeply.

                           

“Are you going now Hyukkie?” Hyukjae’s father asked as he saw Hyukjae walk to the door. “Where’s Kyuhyun?” he asked when he didn’t see Kyuhyun by his side.

                           

Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “Umm… he’s coming, I just wanted to umm… yeah… he’s coming…,” he mumbled laughing nervously.

                           

Hyukjae’s father laughed as well, “Hyukkie, you get all nervous just by mentioning his name, I can’t believe you two are progressing so fast,” he exclaimed happily. “I have to leave now to the company, tell him my greetings for me,” he said as he too, walked to the main door.

                           

“Sure…,” Hyukjae smiled awkwardly, watching his father go in his car and wave at him happily. He sighed and let his shoulders drop.

                           

“Are you always so impolite to visits? You have to change that,” Kyuhyun walked towards him, a visible frown in his face.

                           

Hyukjae sighed again. “Yeah, I will,” he said absent mindedly. “But you know, dad’s not here so you there’s no need to leave together, you can just go and be happy,” he said signaling the door.

                           

“Good,” Kyuhyun said nodding to himself. “Don’t be late for tomorrow’s dinner with my parents,” he reminded before walking out without any other word.

                           

“I won’t,” Hyukjae pouted, he usually was a better person, but Kyuhyun wasn’t exactly the one who would deserve it. “Maybe he will kill me while I sleep…,” he mumbled as he watched how Kyuhyun’s car drove away. “Or maybe even before the wedding…,” he gulped thinking on so many ways to kill him. “He will make it look like an accident!” he opened his eyes in shock. “Oh my god! Oh my god! I’ll die in Kyuhyun’s hands!” Hyukjae panicked, looking around just in case the taller man left a dangerous weapon or a bomb.

                           

“He won’t kill you Hyukkie, no one would kill such a beauty ;)” said the message Siwon sent him after talking about his panic attack.

                           

Hyukjae breathed in and out, sure, Kyuhyun wouldn’t kill him right? Should he write his last will already? Did he even have one last wish? Damn, why was life so complicated?

                           

After almost an hour of trying to calm down; Hyukjae decided that dancing was the best for him to do so. He went to the same room he used to, he some random songs and moved his body according to the beats, so neatly and clean that everyone watching it would be mesmerized.

                           

Dancing was always the best option, Hyukjae would think all the time. It would free his mind and relax his body. And it always seemed to work since Hyukjae suddenly looked at himself in the mirror in front of him; a bright smile in his lips. “I should better try to make our relationship better,” he said determined. “That way he won’t want to kill me and I will finally win one more friend!” he said excited. “Okay Hyukkie, fighting!” he cheered for himself.

                           

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                           

“Ahh, it’s been a while since we last ate together!” Heechul exclaimed happily. “I’m so happy we’re finally deciding on the wedding date!” she smiled brightly.

                           

Hyukjae smiled weakly, sparing a look at Kyuhyun who was focused on eating his food with a poker face, completely ignoring his now fiancé sitting in front of him.

                           

“So when should they marry?” finally Hankyung asked after everyone finished eating.

                           

“I’m thinking on six months from now on,” Hyukjae’s father said smiling softly, telling what Hyukjae had told him to tell minutes before in the car.

                           

“That’s waiting too much!” Heechul pouted, something weird at everyone’s eyes. “I was thinking on reserving the church in two weeks and-”

                           

Heechul didn’t have the time to finish as Hyukjae splashed the water he was drinking out of nervousness all over Kyuhyun’s now frowning face. “Ah, I’m sorry!” Hyukjae apologized picking the napkin to dry Kyuhyun’s features.

                           

Kyuhyun frowned went deeper and he snatched the napkin from Hyukjae’s hands, dedicating him the most deathly stare he had to offer; Hyukjae gulped feeling his soul being by Kyuhyun’s eyes. “It’s okay…,” Kyuhyun hissed trying to sound polite, his eyes glued on the person in front of him, trying to dig holes in him.

                           

Everyone just looked at the scene, and, after a few minutes, everything was back to normal, except maybe for Hyukjae looking down out of embarrassment and Kyuhyun glaring at him the entire time. “So it’s decided! Two weeks from now on!” Heechul said happily and Hyukjae looked up gulping.

                           

“Isn’t it too early Heechul-Umma?” Hyukjae asked. “I-I mean… there are so many things we must arrange and we won’t have time to do so…,” he laughed nervously.

                           

Heechul grinned. “I have been planning on this wedding ever since your father told me you would come!” she clapped her hands excitedly. “I have almost everything done already!”

                            

Hankyung smiled at his wife and kissed her temple, proud of having such a happy and special wife by his side.

                           

“It’s decided then,” Hyukjae’s father smiled widely.

                           

Hyukjae gulped and looked at Kyuhyun who was still frowning and glaring at him, definitely, he wasn’t ready to live with such man, every hope of being in good terms had become nothing.

                           

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 


 

                  

A/N: Oh my god! I’m so sorry for the late update! >///<

I remind you that the Story Giveaway registration will end by September 20th so if you want to participate go and write a comment there! :D