Ch. [34]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              
Hyukjae hummed a song slowly as he prepared dinner, a huge smile in his lips because of the previous nights wherein Kyuhyun and him have been spending time together before going to sleep. 
                
They usually just stayed at Kyuhyun’s studio and Kyuhyun would take a nap in Hyukjae’s lap. Lately, Kyuhyun and him watch movies together or play videogames in the living room. And it’s after Hyukjae yawns and tells Kyuhyun he’s sleepy that they go to their rooms, not without Kyuhyun kissing Hyukjae good night, as he had used to lately.
                
“Is the food ready? I’m hungry…,” Kyuhyun said walking into the kitchen.
                 
Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun and smiled. “Almost,” he said and continued cooking.
                
Kyuhyun simply hummed and wrapped his hands around Hyukjae’s waist, loving how perfect it felt the smaller’s body against it. He rested his chin in Hyukjae’s shoulder and smiled. “It smells good,” he said and Hyukjae chuckled taking a piece of meat and feeding Kyuhyun. “Ah, and it is good,” Kyuhyun said nodding for himself.
                
Hyukjae laughed softly and kept on cooking, not minding Kyuhyun’s hug because he had gotten used to it from some days ago. 
                
“How was your morning jog?” Kyuhyun asked after a few minutes.
                
Hyukjae smiled. “It’s always good Kyuhyun,” he said. “Today I talked to Mr. Kim and he told me that there was this one girl in the next street that got married and divorced in three days,” he laughed.
                
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Mr. Kim seems to know a lot of things,” he said. 
                
Because Hyukjae didn’t talk to rich people or presidents’ wives, he used to go out and talk to homeless people wandering in the streets. He didn’t know at first but after talking more to Hyukjae, he realized that the smaller talked a lot with them after his morning jog every day. “He was just passing by when he heard them yell at each other…,” Hyukjae defended smiling. “He also said that you’re getting home earlier compared to the previous months…”
                
Kyuhyun laughed softly. “I must watch my steps now from them,” he said and hugged Hyukjae tighter.
                
Hyukjae hummed and turn off the stove. “Go to the table already, dinner is ready,” he said turning around slightly to peck Kyuhyun’s lips.
                
Kyuhyun smiled brightly and nodded, kissing Hyukjae’s cheek before letting him go. “Need some help?” he asked. And even when he asked to help, his hand went to Hyukjae’s waist again and he kissed the smaller’s lips softly.
                
“Just go sit already!” A blushing Hyukjae exclaimed pushing Kyuhyun out of the kitchen. The taller simply scoffed but obeyed anyways.
                
Dinner was fun between the two. More because Kyuhyun was being a little more childish than usual and he refused, as always, to eat the vegetables to which Hyukjae had to fight against. “Just eat it,” Hyukjae said firmly, holding the fork with broccoli in front of Kyuhyun’s mouth.
                
Kyuhyun frowned and pursed his lips. “No,” he said firmly shaking his head.
                
“Kyuhyun, just eat it!” Hyukjae exclaimed shaking the fork. “It won’t kill you!”
                
“You don’t know that,” Kyuhyun said frowning softly.
                
Hyukjae rolled his eyes and gave up, to which Kyuhyun smiled brightly. Hyukjae pouted and continued eating from his own plate. “It took me the whole afternoon to cook dinner for you and look at you, you’re saying my food will kill you…,” he said pouting and looking down.
                
Kyuhyun gasped. “That’s emotional blackmailing!” he exclaimed.
                
Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun with teary eyes. “And now you’re saying I’m blackmailing you! Even when it was me the one who got cut with a knife while cutting the vegetables that you won’t eat!” he said and stood up. “You always do this to me!”
                
Kyuhyun stood up and stepped in front of Hyukjae. “Okay Hyukjae, I’m sorry… d-don’t cry… I’m sorry…,” he said going towards Hyukjae who was looking down and pouting his lips. “I’ll eat the vegetables okay? Just don’t be like this…”
                
Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun. “You’ll eat them?” he asked softly. “Not just today but always?”
                
Kyuhyun cleared his throat and looked away. “Well… that… I can’t promise that…”
                
Hyukjae sobbed softly. “Even if you promise I won’t believe you… you always end up breaking your promises and making me hurt…,” he mumbled and Kyuhyun sighed deeply.
                
“Fine… I’ll eat them… always, I promise… a real promise this time,” Kyuhyun said taking one of Hyukjae’s hands and squeezing it softly. “Just… don’t cry…”
                
Hyukjae grinned. “You promised Kyuhyun! I’ll cut your hair if you break it this time!” he exclaimed sitting down again and eating happily.
                
Kyuhyun was left speechless for a few seconds before growling. “This is so unfair,” he mumbled sitting down as well and eating his food angrily, growling again when he heard Hyukjae giggling softly. “You’re such a good actor…”
                 
“I’m not a good actor, it’s just that you feel extremely guilty for all those times I ended up hurt so your mind plays tricks on you,” Hyukjae said winking an eye to Kyuhyun. “I just use it as my advantage.”
                
Kyuhyun frowned. “You used me!” he exclaimed pointing his fork to Hyukjae.
                
Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “Shut up Kyuhyun, you used me in the past as well,” he said scoffing. “Now eat the vegetables, you promised~,” he sang happily.
                
Kyuhyun could do nothing but eat the vegetables, groaning uncomfortably and glaring at Hyukjae who simply smiled at him. 
                
And everything was worth it because after dinner they watched a movie together and Hyukjae let him rest in his lap, caressing his hair as he used to do always and kissing him from time to time. Hyukjae smiled. It finally feels like a real marriage.

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

               
It was morning and Kyuhyun didn’t have to go to the office early since he had a meeting with a client later at a restaurant.
                
Hyukjae had prepared breakfasts for both of them and they ate while Kyuhyun read the newspaper and Hyukjae hummed a song for himself, imagining the dance steps that he could do later. “Right now Kyuhyun, you’re ruining my daily routine,” Hyukjae said nodding for himself when they were sitting in the couch together.
                
Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “I’m not doing anything…,” he said and Hyukjae pouted.
                
“You’re here,” Hyukjae said. “I usually go to jog and prepare breakfast, then we eat and you go, then I clean up and go to dance for a few hours, then I prepare lunch and take it to eat with dad or my friends, then I come back to dance again and then you come back, now I should be dancing…”
                
Kyuhyun smiled. “You still could dance,” he said and he smiled wider when Hyukjae blushed and looked away.
                
“N-Not when you’re here…,” Hyukjae mumbled.
                
“I’ve never seen you dance, I wonder how is it, why don’t you go dance so I can see?” Kyuhyun asked and Hyukjae looked up at him with a deep blush.
                
“M-Maybe another day…,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun chuckled, leaning closer to peck Hyukjae’s lips softly.
                
Hyukjae smiled and was about to kiss Kyuhyun again when the door was knocked. “I’ll go,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun simply sighed, resting his head against the couch.
                
Hyukjae opened the door and didn’t even have time to process what was happening when Seohyun jumped in without a word. “Kyuhyun oppa~,” she sang looking around.
                
“S-Seohyun?” Hyukjae called shocked, turning towards Kyuhyun who stood up abruptly at the sudden visit. “W-What are you doing here?” Hyukjae dared to ask and the girl threw him a death glare.
                
“This is Kyuhyun Oppa’s house, that will be later mine because I’m his girlfriend,” Seohyun said with a smirk and walking closer to Kyuhyun.
                
Hyukjae felt his throat dry and he turned towards Kyuhyun with a disappointed look. That house was supposed to betheirs, not even Siwon visited it before. Hyukjae thought it was a silent deal to keep everyone away from their own refugee.Seems like I was wrong. He turned down, biting his lower lip as the girl jumped around.
                
Seohyun went to Kyuhyun’s room and opened the door. “Woah~ so big~ Oppa, this is the main room right?” she asked chuckling at a speechless Kyuhyun in the couch, who was just looking at Hyukjae as if wanting to go and hug him. She frowned and walked to the center of the huge room. “I like this house as our home Oppa, let’s just change the colors, this is so boring,” she whined. “I’ll go explore around my future house~”
                
Hyukjae turned up to meet Kyuhyun’s eyes, silently telling him how disappointed he was on him, pursing his lips hardly because he felt as if he was being invaded. His own personal space was being invaded.
                
Kyuhyun looked back at Hyukjae and maybe he couldn’t express with just how apologetic he felt. Kyuhyun’s gaze fixed on Seohyun who was happily exploring the house. “Seohyun,” he called firmly.
                
“Oppa! Your studio is so pretty~ the back garden is perfect!” Seohyun chanted ignoring Kyuhyun’s death glares. 
                
Hyukjae gasped as he saw Seohyun approaching his dance studio and he ran toward it, posing himself in front of the door, making the girl frown. “I’m sorry, but you can’t enter here,” Hyukjae said biting his lower lip.
                
Because his studio was his place. Not even Kyuhyun has stepped inside and he definitely didn’t want Seohyun there.
                
“Hyukjae oppa, I’ll live here after you divorce, I think I’m allowed to go anywhere I wish,” Seohyun said glaring at Hyukjae and the latter turned to Kyuhyun, silently asking for help.
                
“Seohyun,” Kyuhyun grabbed Seohyun’s arm forcefully. “What are you doing here?” he asked frowning deeply.
                
Seohyun smiled sweetly. “Oppa, I’m here as your future wife,” she said flinching lightly at the strong grip on her arm.
                
Kyuhyun frowned deeper. “I thought I was clear enough last time,” he hissed annoyed.
                
Seohyun frowned as well. “Yes, and I said I would give you time to think about it,” she said.
                
Hyukjae looked at the two and turned down, not wanting to know anything more about them. He could be overreacting but he definitely wasn’t going to stand Kyuhyun’s girlfriend going to his own house and claim to be the owner. It was out of boundaries already and he didn’t find a reason to have to stand it. He walked to the couch and grabbed his bag, going outside and slamming the door shut after him.
                
Kyuhyun opened his eyes widely when he heard the door close. “Hyukjae!” he called loudly and turned to go after the latter when he felt Seohyun’s hand over his wrists.
                
“Kyuhyun, you better not go after him,” Seohyun threatened.
                
Kyuhyun got free easily from the girl’s grip and frowned. “You have no right to come to this house and say you’ll be the owner to my wife,” he said dangerously. “We’re over, I thought I had told you already.”
                
Seohyun pursed her lips in irritation. “I deserve this better than he does!” she yelled. “I’ve been your girlfriend for two years already! I deserve something! You can’t just leave me! I worked hard for this!” she yelled frustrated.
                
Kyuhyun breathed in and out deeply. “Go now and never appear in front of me or my wife Seohyun, because you’re seriously stepping over my patience,” he said trying to sound calm. 
                
Seohyun frowned. “I won’t accept this, I won’t accept you breaking us up. You can’t do that this easily!”
                
Kyuhyun pursed his lips in irritation. “You want a reason then?” he asked. “I was trying to make it easy for you and go away with your head high but you’re making it impossible,” he said dangerously. “I know you cheated on me, I know you even offered Siwon to run away together. I’m breaking up with you simply because you don’t deserve me or my money, which as far as I know, is my biggest charm for you.”
                
Seohyun gasped loudly. “Y-You… s-since when did you know?” she asked panicking.
                
Kyuhyun chuckled. “You thought I wouldn’t realize Seohyun? Siwon being my wife’s best friend?”
                
Seohyun frowned. “He’s probably cheating on you with him too!” she yelled.
                
Kyuhyun frowned. “And that has nothing to do with you so if you don’t want me to call the police to kick you out, you better go and never appear in front of my family again,” he threatened and he could see Seohyun’s horrified face.
                
“H-How dare you?!” Seohyun yelled outrageously. 
                 
“It wasn’t me the one who wanted this Seohyun. You were the one offering Siwon to run away with all my money,” Kyuhyun said and signaled the door. “Leave now before I regret being this nice to you.”
                
Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun angrily, pursing her lips in irritation. “This is so not going to stand this way Kyuhyun,” she threatened offended and went out of the house, slamming the door shut.
                
Kyuhyun sighed when finally everything was over, he quickly took his cell phone out and dialed Hyukjae’s number, waiting for it to ring. After a few seconds, Kyuhyun could hear Hyukjae’s phone ringing somewhere in the living room and he hung up frowning deeply. “,” he exclaimed grabbing his things and going out to look for his wife.

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•


                      
A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic