Ch. [52]

In My Arms

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                    

Hyukjae opened his eyes and felt his body light as a feather. He smiled widely as he sat up and stretched his body before looking to his side and gasping because Kyuhyun wasn’t there and the room was dark. I slept that much?

 

“Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae called sitting up the best and blinking so his eyes would get used to the light.

 

He walked to the bathroom and pouted because Kyuhyun wasn’t there. Maybe he went to have something to eat… Hyukjae nodded and washed his face before looking at his reflection and going out of the bathroom.

 

It was until then that Hyukjae finally saw something handing from the wall and he walked to it, a soft smile in his lips as he saw a black suit with a red rose over it and a small note with Kyuhyun’s handwriting.

 

Put this on and go to the lobby,

I have a surprise for you.

-Kyuhyun

 

PS: I love you.

 

Hyukjae blushed lightly and giggled. Of course, it was their anniversary after all.

 

He went to shower quickly and did the best he could with his appearance. Smiling to the mirror and biting his lower lip, Hyukjae took the red rose and smelled it gently.

 

He opened his eyes widely and threw the rose away, running to the bathroom because the nauseas were becoming worse. He didn’t throw up and he felt blessed, at least his throat didn’t hurt as much as it would. “If there’s a baby in here, you better keep calm tonight,” Hyukjae pouted and patted his abdomen, going out once again from the bathroom and glaring at the rose before sighing and picking it up. “Ok, I can’t blame you…,” he said before putting it in a glass with water.

 

Hyukjae walked out of their room nervously, getting the elevator and feeling the refreshing breeze of the night in the beach when he finally reached the lobby. He looked around and everywhere but Kyuhyun was nowhere to be seen. “He better not ruin this…,” he pouted and jumped slightly when he felt a hand patting his shoulder.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you…,” a waiter said smiling apologetic and Hyukjae breathed in and out deeply.

 

“It’s okay, I was just surprised,” Hyukjae said and the waiter smiled brighter.

 

“Lee Hyukjae, right?” the waiter asked and Hyukjae nodded carefully. “I will ask you to accompany me.”

 

Hyukjae felt even more nervous. “I’m waiting for someone…,” he said looking around just to see if Kyuhyun was there.

 

“Mr. Cho is waiting for you in our final destination, I’ll guide you there,” the waiter said smiling gently and Hyukjae looked at him suspiciously for a few seconds before nodding again.

 

The waiter smiled and Hyukjae just looked down, jumping again when he felt something in his face and his eyes were covered. “W-What is this?!” he asked panicked.

 

“Mr. Cho asked for you to be blindfolded sir,” the waiter explained as he tied the blindfold gently behind Hyukjae’s head.

 

“H-He did?” Hyukjae asked nervously, how was he supposed to walk?

 

The small walk was almost eternal for Hyukjae, he would give just baby steps because he was afraid of falling even when the waiter was guiding him diligently, telling him in advance when there were steps or an irregularity.

 

Maybe Kyuhyun is still mad at me for waking him up in the plane and he planned my kidnapping… Hyukjae bit his lower lip and shook his head. Focus Hyukjae!

 

They stopped their tracks and Hyukjae felt the hand on his upper back disappear. “W-Wait! Where are you going?!” He asked panicked when he could see nothing and feel nothing, just standing there without knowing what to do. “Wait!”

 

But then Hyukjae felt a hand taking his and he recognized it instantly. “Kyuhyun!” he exclaimed before throwing himself to the other’s embrace. He smiled as he heard Kyuhyun’s light chuckle and felt one hand rounding his waist.

 

Kyuhyun pulled Hyukjae’s chin up and with his other hand untied the blindfold, letting it fall down the floor.

 

The first thing Hyukjae saw was Kyuhyun’s handsome and smiling face, dressed in a black, elegant suit. He was dazed. “You’re finally here,” Kyuhyun whispered caressing Hyukjae’s cheek with his thumb.

 

Hyukjae blushed lightly and smiled. “We could say I overslept…,” he said gently and Kyuhyun smiled at him, kissing his forehead.

 

“I was going to go and throw a bucket of water on you if you didn’t come in fifteen minutes…,” Kyuhyun admitted and Hyukjae pouted.

 

“Just because I did it to you…,” Hyukjae sighed and smiled at Kyuhyun who leaned closer to him.

 

“You look even more beautiful tonight,” Kyuhyun whispered for Hyukjae’s ears and Hyukjae blushed, looking down and smiling happily.

 

Hyukjae felt his hand being taken and he smiled as Kyuhyun dragged him somewhere.

 

It was then that Hyukjae finally realized where he was. Candles and lights everywhere, a small table for two in the beach with beautiful decorations, surrounded by even more candles. He grinned widely. He looked at the man sitting in front of a huge black piano and another man with a violin by his side. It was perfect, everything was perfect because Kyuhyun was holding his hand in his first year anniversary.

 

Kyuhyun pulled the chair for Hyukjae and smiled. Hyukjae was perfect that night. He didn’t know if he was falling deeper or what it was, but he swore Hyukjae was becoming even more beautiful every day. His skin was smooth, almost calling for it to be caressed. His lips were pinker and his smile was even more dazzling.

 

He smiled as Hyukjae sat down and he kissed the other’s temple lovingly before going to sit in front of his lover and he nodded at the musicians that started playing slowly, perfect.

 

“This is perfect Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun swore that he would always put a lot of effort in everything if he was going to receive that perfect smile as a gift.

 

You are perfect Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun said taking Hyukjae’s hand across the table and kissing it gently. “I love you.”

 

Hyukjae smiled gently. “I love you too.”

 

The waiter from before brought their dinner and Hyukjae was charmed, laughing whenever Kyuhyun told him a joke and hitting his arm playfully when the latter or when they talked about how he was going to kick Siwon away from their room when the latter arrived.

 

Almost an hour later, Kyuhyun stood up and stood in front of Hyukjae, bowing lightly and offering his hand. “Will my loving wife dance this piece with me?” He asked and Hyukjae blushed.

 

Kyuhyun never danced. Even in their wedding he had a hard time doing it and they ended up in a pretty much unique situation. He smiled brightly and placed his hand over Kyuhyun’s who smiled wider and pulled him the improvised dance floor.

 

Hyukjae placed his hands over Kyuhyun’s shoulders as the taller wrapped his around Hyukjae’s slim waist and pressed their foreheads together. They swayed their bodies smoothly as their eyes locked into a loving stare and Kyuhyun kissed his nose gently. “I’m not really good at dancing…,” he smiled apologetic.

 

Hyukjae smiled gently, taking his hand to caress Kyuhyun’s face lovingly. “You’re doing perfect for me,” he said and Kyuhyun smiled at him, kissing his lips softly.

 

Everything was slow, their eyes couldn’t stop looking at each other. One song ended and another started, their bodies were still swaying. That was it, they didn’t need anything else, just being together, swaying their bodies and looking at each other’s eyes. Kyuhyun swore he could live like that for the rest of his life.

 

“Look at that Hyuk,” Kyuhyun nodded towards the beach and Hyukjae looked at him confused for a few seconds before turning his head to the side.

 

He gasped at the beauty, the beach, the huge moon enlightening the ocean, the stars and the peaceful waves. Everything melted into a perfect scene.

 

Hyukjae didn’t realize when was it that Kyuhyun changed their positions but he smiled. Because he couldn’t stop looking at the beautiful sight and Kyuhyun was wrapping his hands around his waist, lingering them over his abdomen while his back was pressed firmly against Kyuhyun’s wide chest.

 

Their bodies kept swaying gently and Hyukjae closed his eyes, enjoying the breeze and Kyuhyun’s warmth. He placed his hands over Kyuhyun’s and smiled as the taller played with his fingers over his abdomen.

 

Hyukjae felt Kyuhyun’s chin against his shoulder, the taller’s breath against his neck and he smiled widely. There was nothing more he could ever ask for.

 

“Hyukjae…,” Kyuhyun whispered lovingly, caressing Hyukjae’s fingers gently. “My Hyukjae…”

 

Hyukjae smiled and kept his eyes closed. “Yes?”

 

Kyuhyun kept swaying their bodies gently. “Will you listen to me tonight?”

 

Hyukjae chuckled and nodded. “Yes…,” he whispered back.

 

Kyuhyun smiled silently and closed his eyes to relax himself. He could feel his heart beating fast, his hands trembling lightly, his breath irregular. But everything was okay, because Hyukjae was there and he would never leave.

 

In that very instant, a song started playing and Hyukjae opened his eyes.

 

It was his mother’s song, his song, their song.

 

Hyukjae gasped lightly and he looked down at their fingers. Kyuhyun was sliding his ring away and he felt something strange running through his body. “Kyuhyun…,” he called nervously, turning around when Kyuhyun had taken away his ring from him and their song played as the background music.

 

And Kyuhyun was smiling. “This ring…,” he said as he also took off his own. “I sent my secretary to buy them…,” he admitted but Hyukjae couldn’t figure out what was happening.

 

“Kyuhyun… what-” And Hyukjae gasped when Kyuhyun kneeled down in front of him.

 

“Hyukjae…,” Kyuhyun smiled, taking Hyukjae’s hand and kissing it gently. “A year ago I made promises… promises that I didn’t keep, promises that I didn’t have the intention to keep,” he smiled as he saw Hyukjae looking at him confused. “Something changed,” he said firmly. “Something I’m thankful for, something that made me see you. I changed. Maybe I was stupid or just blind, maybe I still am… but I won’t fight against it. I want to promise you, this time for real, that I’ll love you for eternity, everyday a little more. I promise you to take care of you always, to make you smile and never cry again…,” he smiled gently as he took out a couple of new rings.

 

“Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae called feeling his heart pounding against his chest.

 

Kyuhyun stood up. “This time it was me the one choosing them…,” he said as he took Hyukjae’s hand and slid the ring in his finger. “It was me the one who went there, thought about you and bought them. It is me the one that will make new promises that I’ll fulfill.”

 

Hyukjae looked at the ring in his finger, at how beautiful it was. He looked up when Kyuhyun took his hand and kissed the ring gently and Hyukjae smiled wider, because now Kyuhyun was wearing the same ring in his hand. The song was still playing, enveloping Hyukjae’s most precious memories into a warm embrace.

 

“Hyukjae…,” Kyuhyun called gently as the other looked at him dazed. “I’m not perfect, but you are. I will never be able to thank the world for allowing me to meet you. I won’t apologize for everything I’ve done because I have said sorry already. I won’t apologize because that was what made us today and I’m thankful. I won’t make you cry again and I’ll love you forever…,” he smiled softly as he saw how Hyukjae’s eyes were trembling with tears already and he brushed one rebel one falling down his cheek with his thumb. “Hyukjae…,” he called lovingly.

 

Hyukjae looked up, swallowing that knot in his throat and getting lost in Kyuhyun’s eyes as the latter intertwined their fingers together.

 

“Hyukjae…,” Kyuhyun called again. “I know I’m late. I know I didn’t do things right from the very beginning… but Hyuk, my Hyukjae…,” he smiled and leaned closer. “Let’s renew our vows.”

 

And Hyukjae lost it, because his favorite song was playing, because Kyuhyun was there, asking him to make that promise before God for a second time, and this time for real, because he couldn’t help his tears from happiness. Hyukjae couldn’t take it anymore and he threw his body against Kyuhyun’s, hugging him tightly and not caring at all when they fell down the blanket covering the sand of the beach.

 

Hyukjae cried against Kyuhyun’s chest, hearing a thousand ‘I love you’s from Kyuhyun’s lips, feeling the other kissing his head gently and hugging him back tightly, even when they were in the floor.

 

The song finished and started again. Hyukjae closed his eyes and whispered a soft. ‘I love you’ to the man holding him tightly in his arms.

 

Hyukjae didn’t know how many times the song repeated and he was still there, hugging Kyuhyun as if his life depended on it. But he didn’t care because Kyuhyun never stopped whispering sweet words to him, caressing his back until he was calm enough.

 

That night they held hands and threw the old rings to the ocean, with Hyukjae’s favorite song playing in the background and his body leaning against Kyuhyun’s. They looked at the horizon and squeezed their hands gently.

 

That night, beside the beach, with the moon as their witness, Hyukjae received the most beautiful and loving kiss he had ever remembered.

                    

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•




                        

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~

Asdfghjkl I think this came out better than I expected… I think.

 is coming.