Ch. [25]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                  

That night, as Hyukjae expected, Kyuhyun didn’t arrive.

                  

It was morning already; Kyuhyun didn’t have to go to the office. He knew because he had seen his planner before, he was the one literally organizing his desk. He heard the main door unlock from his seat in the couch and he frowned.

                  

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything; it was as if he weren’t there. Hyukjae could smell his cologne. He had showered already. He pursed his lips tightly, he was fuming in anger, he was mad, angry, frustrated, he wanted to smack Kyuhyun’s head against something hard.

                  

Kyuhyun walked to his studio and locked himself there, not even greeting Hyukjae. He probably didn’t know the smaller was there. The smaller stood up from his seat in rage, turning to the door that just closed and walking infuriated towards it.

              

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              

Kyuhyun sat down in his chair, he was happy, last night had been pretty nice for him and he sighed before going through a bunch of papers he had to check.

              

He jumped slightly when he heard the door of his studio open and close violently and he couldn’t help but shiver slightly at Hyukjae’s furious eyes. “Hyuk-” his words were cut as he saw something crash against his papers over the desk and he looked at Hyukjae’s frowning face before turning silently down to see what it was.

              

It was newspaper; not only one, but several. He looked at the headings and gasped as Hyukjae read them out loud for him, as if he memorized them before. “’Lee Hyukjae, not enough for Cho Kyuhyun?’, ‘Because being a bad wife is always noticeable’, ‘What did Lee Hyukjae do to deserve such treatment?’, ‘New marriage, new problems’, ‘Reasons of why Lee Hyukjae is a bad wife’ I can go on Kyuhyun, I can ing go on!”

              

And Kyuhyun looked at the pictures under the big letters of the first page of the news papers, it was him with Seohyun. Though her face couldn’t be seen in any picture, the idea of the reporters wasn’t that, it was that Hyukjae wasn’t enough. He looked up and gulped when he saw Hyukjae’s teary eyes. “I-” and truth was that Kyuhyun had nothing to say about that.

              

“You what Kyuhyun?! You’re sorry?” Hyukjae chuckled amused. “I honestly don’t think you are,” he said and looked down, clenching his fists tightly and turning around. “They worship you and hate me, how convenient is that for you?” he asked sarcastically and turned his head one last time. “It was you the one making the mistake and it’s me the one facing the consequences.”

              

Watching Hyukjae’s red eyes and trembling lips was enough to make Kyuhyun feel like the biggest . He had been so happy last day and he never considered Hyukjae, he never thought about the other’s feelings, he just did what he wanted to without thinking deeply about it. He was shamed and he didn’t even want to face the smaller.

              

But then… then Hyukjae smiled bitterly and walked to the door again.

              

Kyuhyun gulped and ran to the door, closing it when Hyukjae just opened it. “Hyukjae, I’m sorry, I really do,” he apologized but Hyukjae only looked down.

              

“Go away,” Hyukjae said firmly, but still, Kyuhyun could notice his shaky voice.

              

“No,” Kyuhyun said shaking his head and blocking the door. “I’ll apologize…,” he said. “…publicly.”

              

Hyukjae chuckled. “As if that would fix it…,” he mumbled and looked up at him. “I read about it, about the past years,” he said and bit his lower lip. “They set pairings from different marriages to test them but they usually go to their partners and have the dance with them instead of together,” he said. “The king and queen don’t need to dance together… the dance was meant for you to ing go and get me to dance with you instead of making me go through a ing public humiliation!”

               

Kyuhyun gasped softly, he knew about that. But why didn’t he think about it last night? “Hyuk-”

              

“I understand,” Hyukjae said nodding slowly. “She’s your girlfriend and you love her…,” he said with a bitter smile. “But you didn’t need to make me go through all these… you didn’t need to make them look at me pitying me because my husband preferred a strange girl instead of his wife! You didn’t need to show affection Kyuhyun! You just needed to care for me! Even if it was just dancing a piece with your wife! The world wouldn’t have ended! You’re an idiot!”

              

And Kyuhyun felt it. That pain in his chest and lump in his throat that indicated that he was feeling bad, guilty, responsible, it all was about Hyukjae, how much he was hurting the other. He tried to reach Hyukjae’s arm but the other flinched away and again, he felt like crying.

              

Not only Kyuhyun humiliated Hyukjae in front of the entire nation. He also hurt him enough as to take away his smile and bright eyes.

              

And that was even physically painful.

              

“Now you can ask for divorce and no one will question it,” Hyukjae said pushing Kyuhyun away and going out of his studio, leaving Kyuhyun unable to even move.

              

“Divorce…,” Kyuhyun mumbled and felt his throat dry.

              

Of course, it was such a nice opportunity and yet, Kyuhyun was sure he wouldn’t take it.

              

It took him almost an hour to realize that Hyukjae had gone out of the house.

               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              

Kyuhyun walked side by side in the living room. It was already noon and he knew nothing about Hyukjae, but he didn’t have the courage as to call him either so he waited patiently, hissing in frustration and running his fingers through his hair.

              

The door unlocked and Kyuhyun quickly turned, almost jumping to the newly arrived and stopped when he saw it was Heechul, Hankyung and Hyukjae’s father. He frowned and stayed quiet, fully knowing the reason of their visit.

              

“Kyuhyun, I need you to explain this to me,” Heechul said dangerously, showing one of the newspapers that he had read already.

              

Kyuhyun looked down. “I-”

              

“I hope you took action already,” Hankyung said and he wasn’t angry, just worried about the young marriage.

              

Kyuhyun sighed and nodded. “The news were taken down since morning…,” he announced and Hankyung nodded approvingly.

              

“So what happened?” Heechul demanded and she wasn’t going to accept something simple as an answer.

              

Kyuhyun gulped, as if it wasn’t enough torture to not know anything about Hyukjae. “I just-”

              

“It’s okay Kyuhyun-shi,” Hyukjae’s father said calmly. “Hyuk can be sometimes a little impulsive and annoying, I don’t think you’ve done wrong, just be patient with him,” and he smiled and patted Kyuhyun’s back.

              

Kyuhyun shook his head. “No! He did nothing wrong…,” he couldn’t take it anymore. He wanted Hyukjae to be there already and ask for forgiveness already. He was lost. He had never felt so bad about something and he wasn’t so happy about it. “I just- do you know where is he?” he finally asked, praying in his mind for their parents to leave them alone at least for a while.

              

Hyukjae’s father sighed. “He went out with Siwon, don’t worry, they’ll be back soon,” he said with a soft smile. “I’m not surprised he didn’t tell you…”

               

But Kyuhyun didn’t hear anymore, because Hyukjae was with Siwon and he already hated it. He pursed his lips in annoyance and looked at the three persons looking at him intently. “Can you please leave? I want to be alone with him when he arrives,” he said and Heechul gasped.

              

“Yah Kyuhyun! What the hell do you think you are?! Talking like that to your own mother!” Heechul yelled hitting the back of Kyuhyun’s head with the newspaper.

              

Hankyung chuckled. “Then we’ll go now,” he announced and literally dragged Heechul away.

              

Hyukjae’s father smiled softly. “I’m sorry Kyuhyun-shi, Hyuk can be frustrating sometimes but he’s a kind man, I hope you can see that soon,” he said and bowed to Kyuhyun, smiling and going away after.

              

Kyuhyun gasped. No one needed to apologize to him, Hyukjae did nothing more than being perfect and yet, he was the one being scolded. Kyuhyun sighed as he threw his body to the couch, closing his eyes and looking for his cell phone.

              

He dialed a number and placed the phone in his ear, sighing loudly again.

              

He wasn’t surprised when Hyukjae didn’t answer at first and he was going to give up when he heard it. That shy and quiet‘Hello?’ that made him smile slightly.

              

“Hi…,” Kyuhyun greeted awkwardly and probably Hyukjae realized it too.

              

“Hi…,” Hyukjae greeted back and Kyuhyun smiled thinking that maybe Hyukjae was biting his lower lip.

              

“How are you?” Kyuhyun asked and he realized; it was the very first time he actually asked that.

              

Hyukjae chuckled lightly in the other line. “I’m… fine… I guess…,” he answered softly. “And you?”

              

Kyuhyun smiled and relaxed his body in the couch. He definitely had to talk to Hyukjae more often. “Worried,” he answered honestly. “Where are you? I want to talk…”

              

There was a moment of silence, Kyuhyun thought that maybe Hyukjae didn’t want to talk about it anymore. But Kyuhyun did, he needed to apologize properly. “I’m on my way home…,” Hyukjae finally answered and Kyuhyun smiled.

              

“I’ll wait for you then,” Kyuhyun said shortly. “Don’t bring that guy here,” he warned and heard a small chuckle in the other line.

              

“Siwon,” Hyukjae replied and he was probably rolling his eyes. “I won’t then,” Hyukjae said and by now, Kyuhyun was sure the other was smiling. “I’ll be there in a few minutes…,” he announced and Kyuhyun hummed before hanging up.

              

It was truth, because after a few minutes Kyuhyun heard the door open and he stood up, smiling slightly when it was finally Hyukjae entering quietly. “Hi…,” the smaller greeted awkwardly.

              

It was obvious the air was tense, they both could feel it. “Hi,” Kyuhyun greeted back. “About those news-”

              

Hyukjae sighed. “You don’t get it Kyuhyun,” he said walking and sitting down in the couch. “It wasn’t about the news… it was about what caused the news…,” he said looking down at his feet.

              

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and decided it was better if he sat next to him in the couch. “I’m sorry… really,” he said offering an honest smile. “I promised I would never let you alone in those kind of parties but I did last night…”

              

Hyukjae chuckled. “I’m used to you breaking promises Kyuhyun, I don’t even believe them in the first place,” he said coldly and that made Kyuhyun want to punch himself in the face for several times.

              

“That… you don’t need to be that cruel…,” Kyuhyun said hurt. But that hurt vanished as soon as he heard Hyukjae giggle.

              

“Sorry…,” Hyukjae apologized and offered Kyuhyun a wide gummy smile.

              

Kyuhyun smiled back and handed Hyukjae an envelope. Hyukjae raised his eyebrow and grabbed it, opening it silently and watching Kyuhyun carefully. “What is it?” he asked even when he was already taking out the content. He frowned and gasped after he realized what it was. “You’re giving me a week of vacation in a luxurious hotel in one of the most cultural cities as an apology?” he asked looking at Kyuhyun curiously.

              

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Well… yeah…,” he said and looked away awkwardly.

              

Hyukjae chuckled too and left the envelope over the small table in front of him. “This will make it worst, they’ll think I’m having vacation when my husband is working so hard in both his companies,” he laughed softly.

               

Kyuhyun smiled. “I’m going too,” he said. “I have a week vacation because it’s going to be my birthday…,” he smiled and hesitated for a second before adding something more. “And also our three month anniversary…,” he said quietly but he could see Hyukjae’s cheeks getting redder.

              

Hyukjae looked down and started playing with his fingers, biting his lower lip to stop a shy smile appearing in his lips. “I… is it okay for me to go?” he asked looking up at Kyuhyun.

              

Kyuhyun smiled. “I want you there,” he said sincerely and Hyukjae blushed even more.

              

“You do?” Hyukjae asked absent minded. “I mean… Are we really going as a couple?” he asked and Kyuhyun nodded at his question. “R-Really?”

              

“You can still have your own room though,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae smiled wider.

              

“Woah! Thanks!” Hyukjae exclaimed throwing his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck and hugging him tightly.

              

Kyuhyun smiled and sighed in relief, closing his eyes and just hugging Hyukjae back. “We’re leaving in three days,” he announced softly and Hyukjae nodded, parting away from the hug.

              

“I’ll get prepared for that!” Hyukjae said cheerfully and stood up from the couch.

               

Kyuhyun stood up too, taking Hyukjae’s wrist before the other ran away and smiled, pulling him for a soft kiss in his lips. “Thanks,” he said smiling. “For not being mad anymore…”

              

Hyukjae blushed deeply and looked down. “It’s not as if I could stay mad all the time anyways…,” he mumbled and just smiled shyly at Kyuhyun before going to his room. “Good night Kyuhyun,” he sang before locking himself inside.

              

“Good night Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun said and sighed as he watched Hyukjae’s figure disappeared. He looked at the plane’s tickets in the table and smiled. At least he would do something small for Hyukjae this time.

                  

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 


 

                        

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~