Ch. [10]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                       

The table was barely done when the bell rang and Hyukjae tensed, the moment in which they were playing with the forks and knives was gone and now he had to face Kyuhyun. “Calm down Hyukkie, if he tries something I’ll just tackle him right away,” Siwon whispered to the other as he nodded absent mindedly.

                       

Hyukjae gulped. “Go open the door Hyukkie,” his father said and by the tone of his voice, he could easily tell that he was happy.

                       

Hyukjae breathed in and out deeply before walking. “I can do this!” he exclaimed to himself, pursing his lips in determination and smiling softly then, because there was no way Kyuhyun would try to kill him in his own house right? And he actually asked! He didn’t make Kyuhyun go and have dinner with them as a mandatory act.

                       

That determination though, died as soon as he opened the door and found Kyuhyun waiting outside with a frown in his face. “K-Kyuhyun-shi…,” he bowed lightly, partly because he didn’t want to face him and the other because he was silently telling the man in front of him that  the wasn’t going to make anything wrong and please spare my life because I’m still young and I have dreams. Well, Hyukjae will think about the ‘dreams’ part better.

                       

“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun simply said and Hyukjae pouted.

                       

“Since when are we in such relationship where we can call each other’s names?” Hyukjae asked, already forgetting how he swore he would behave.

                       

Kyuhyun looked at him amused. “Are you seriously asking that?” he asked and Hyukjae looked away once he realized. Of course Hyukjae, you’re getting married to this man. Damn you Cho Kyuhyun! Hyukjae pursed his lips and just signaled the dining room.

                       

“This way,” Hyukjae said starting to walk towards the room.

                       

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae, following and trying hard to understand what was going in that complicated mind of his. At one minute it was Hyukjae being shy and then the next he became rebellious. He felt thrilled thinking how he would discover Hyukjae’s real self.

                       

“Kyuhyun-shi!” Hyukjae’s father quickly came and greeted the now smiling widely Kyuhyun.

                       

“Such a fake person…,” Hyukjae mumbled shaking his head, he smiled widely, because he knew Kyuhyun heard him clearly and he was now glaring at him, but at the same time smiling to his father.

                       

Hyukjae was going to enjoy this.

                       

They walked to their spots and that’s when Kyuhyun realized, just in front of him was another man, he frowned. Not only because the man was staring at him intently, but because Hyukjae seemed to be pretty close to him. He turned towards his right and he saw Hyukjae making a kind of gesture that surely the one in front understood.

                       

Was it because the man was handsome? Kyuhyun himself could see that, but hell! He was there! He shouldn’t be ignoring Kyuhyun’s presence! They shouldn’t be doing strange gestures to each other as if it was normal.

                        

Damn it, they had a secret language! Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, not liking the way they were smiling for each other and everything seemed to have sense in their world. What was happening?! He was the fiancé there!

                       

“So Kyuhyun-shi, I would like to introduce you to Choi Siwon,” Hyukjae’s father said proudly, as if he were talking about his own son.

                       

Kyuhyun extended his hand. “Nice to meet you,” he said and he knew, his voice sounded faked, but he wasn’t in the mood to actually try to be nice. Not when Hyukjae was all giggly by his side and he didn’t understand what was so funny.

                       

Siwon smiled, fake as well. “Yeah, same here,” he said and they shook hands, but it was more like a war declaration.

                       

Kyuhyun frowned and looked directly at Siwon’s eyes when the latter pressed his hand more than necessary, him pressing the other’s back until both their fingers become white.

                       

“So… may I know your relationship with my fiancé?” Kyuhyun asked, not breaking the handshake.

                       

Siwon smirked. “Well… it’s hard to explain to an outsider…,” he said and he knew, he just made Kyuhyun furious.

                       

“I see…,” Kyuhyun tried to smile, hard because now he could feel the pain in his hand. Damn it, not only Siwon was handsome, he was strong as hell too.

                       

“S-Siwonnie?” Hyukjae called and Kyuhyun turned to him frowning deeply. Siwonnie? What was that? A nickname! Heshould have a nickname! Hyukjae was still adding the –shi at the end of his name, he was the fiancé, that didn’t make sense.

                       

But then again, Kyuhyun shouldn’t care, because they would divorce after a few months. He simply let go of Siwon’s hand and sat down when Hyukjae’s father did.

                       

Hyukjae looked at the strange happening, not exactly understanding and just sitting idly at Kyuhyun’s side, but by the looks of it, it seemed like Kyuhyun and Siwon were in some sort of a competition.

                       

Hyukjae shrugged it off though and just stood up. “Why don’t we start eating?” he asked and Kyuhyun just turned towards his own plate, piercing mercilessly the food and taking it slowly to his mouth, smiling and nodding from time to time to whatever Hyukjae’s father had to say.

                       

It was annoying though, how he had to battle Siwon sitting in front of him with his eyes, not looking down and feeling his blood boil. Kyuhyun wasn’t sure why exactly though, maybe it was because he was a man, a competitive one for that, he didn’t want to lose in front of anyone.

                       

The rest of the night Kyuhyun decided to just ignore the two of them, Hyukjae and Siwon. He dedicated himself to pay attention to whatever Hyukjae’s father had to say and not mind them.

                       

Siwon frowned at Kyuhyun’s reaction. So he really doesn’t like Hyukjae. He concluded. It could be mistaken though, with those fierce eyes of him that could be considered as jealousy. But Siwon knew better, he knew Kyuhyun was just competitive. The fact that Kyuhyun didn’t talk to Hyukjae or tried to gain his attention made him finally reach the conclusion.

                       

“So Hyuk, let’s go play at the pool,” Siwon suggested after eating the dessert, he frowned deeper when he saw no reaction from Kyuhyun. So he doesn’t care.

                       

Hyukjae nodded eagerly and stood up excited, Siwon doing so as well, both males bowing before walking to the pool.

                       

Kyuhyun stood up as well, because he knew he had to go to where his fiancé went off to, already preparing himself for doing nothing and just staring at Hyukjae playing in the pool. Well, he didn’t bring clothes with him and he didn’t want to join them either.

                       

He was about to bow at Hyukjae’s father and go after them when he heard Hyukjae’s father call him. “Kyuhyun-shi,” and Kyuhyun needed to stop his previous plans of following Hyukjae and Siwon to look at Hyukjae’s father instead. “Would you mind if we have a little chat in my studio? There are a few things I would like to discuss,” he said with a soft smile, standing up from his chair.

                       

Kyuhyun glanced at Hyukjae’s and Siwon’s figures, laughing for something one of them said, being all touchy and annoying the hell out of him. “Actually I-”

                       

“This way,” Hyukjae’s father signaled before turning around himself and starting to walk.

                       

Kyuhyun glanced one more time to Hyukjae’s and Siwon’s retreating backs and pursed his lips, annoyed because he truly wanted to see what they did when they were together. He didn’t like the idea of them being so… friendly. And what’s more, being friendly in a pool.

                       

“Kyuhyun-shi,” Hyukjae’s dad called again, already a few steps away towards his studio.

                       

Kyuhyun hissed and cursed mentally, clenching his fists before averting his eyes towards Hyukjae’s father, trying hard to keep a relatively effective poker face. “Yes, I’ll follow you,” he said and he knew that he wasn’t going to be okay if he didn’t know what was going on with that Siwon guy.

                       

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                       

“W-What?” It wasn’t Kyuhyun’s nature. He didn’t usually stutter, but what Hyukjae’s father said was definitely impressive, it was just, crazy.

                       

Hyukjae’s father smiled softly. “I know it’s a little rushed Kyuhyun-shi,” he said sliding some papers in the desk towards Kyuhyun. “But I know you’re capable enough to take care of my two most valuable treasures,” he continued and Kyuhyun finally looked down to the papers. “Just read it and after that, sign, I’m giving you all the rights over my company,” Kyuhyun looked up a little shocked.

                        

Of course Kyuhyun knew he would get the company, but he thought Hyukjae’s father was going to give it to Hyukjae and hence, he had to take care of it. He never thought about Hyukjae’s father to give the company directly to him. “I-I…,” and Kyuhyun, for the first time, had no words to say.

                       

Hyukjae’s father chuckled lightly. “Hyukkie knows nothing about companies and stuff, he only knows how to laugh and dance, that’s his specialty,” he laughed softly, probably remembering his only son. “Take care of him Kyuhyun-shi, he’s the most valuable thing I got, I don’t care if at the end you lose the company, just keep my Hyukkie smiling and I’ll be happy with that.”

                       

Kyuhyun gulped. How could he promise something that he definitely wasn’t going to fulfill? “Isn’t this too rushed?” he asked quietly, still looking puzzled and shocked.

                       

“It is,” Hyukjae’s father said. “But I trust you will make a good work Kyuhyun-shi,” he smiled again. So Hyukjae’s always smiling habit came from his father? Or maybe his mother was as well cheerful? “Please read the terms of the contract, I would like you to start working as the president in the Lee company right away, later on you will inherit the Cho’s company as well, and probably you will fusion them so I would like you to first know what our company is about,” he explained softly and Kyuhyun just nodded absent mindedly.

                       

“I… I sincerely didn’t expect this sir,” Kyuhyun confessed looking directly at Hyukjae’s father.

                       

Hyukjae’s father laughed softly. “Truth is Kyuhyun-shi, that my health is not good, my heart is failing, I want to enjoy my last days seeing my son smiling happily by the side of a responsible man that will take care of him…”

                       

Kyuhyun swallowed a lump on his throat and looked away. “Does he know this?” he asked seriously.

                        

Hyukjae’s father sighed. “He knows my condition is not good,” he admitted. “But he doesn’t know is this bad already…,” he mumbled, clearly sad by his words. “I have only admitted this to you and my doctor, which now is Siwon,” he continued and Kyuhyun felt that uncomfortable feeling again in his chest.

                       

“Aren’t you planning to tell him? I think he needs to know you’re marrying him just because you don’t want to leave him alone,” Kyuhyun said, and it wasn’t his intention to be rude, but he was getting quite annoyed by the fact that everyone, including him, was playing with Hyukjae’s feelings.

                        

Hyukjae’s father looked at Kyuhyun amazed and smiled widely. “I’ll tell him soon,” he said. “After the wedding and the honeymoon,” he continued and chuckled softly. “I’m happy you’re the one getting married to him Kyuhyun-shi, you’re straight forward and you don’t seem to be afraid of anyone, I’m sure you will be able to protect both of my treasures effectively,” he said and Kyuhyun felt guilty because of that.

                       

He wasn’t going to protect Hyukjae as much as his father wanted him to. He wasn’t going to be able to, because he was the less capable, he didn’t have the right to.

                       

“Okay then Kyuhyun-shi, I won’t stop you further, I’ll call Hyukkie to greet you goodbye so you can go and check these papers,” Hyukjae’s father said standing up and smiling softly.

                       

Kyuhyun stood up as well and took the papers that were over the desk. “It’s okay, don’t call him,” he said still thoughtful. “I’ll call him later, he must be having fun with Siwon… -shi,” he chuckled and just turned towards the door.

                       

“Okay then, I guess we will be seeing each other really soon and often from now on,” Hyukjae’s father said before Kyuhyun smiled and bowed deeply, leaving the house and walking to his car parked near the fountain’s side.

                       

He didn’t drive off immediately; instead, he was thinking about Hyukjae. How will he feel in the future when he knows the whole truth about his father? If he was right, Hyukjae would be left all alone.

                       

Kyuhyun frowned softly. No, he wasn’t going to stay all alone, because that Siwon guy was by his side.

                       

Kyuhyun pursed his lips in annoyance and threw the papers to the back seat, starting his car and driving off as fast as he could.

                       

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 


 

                        

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~

I'm sorry for such lame update, I know everyone was expecting high in this scene but... *sighs* yeah, I promise better updates from now on. Oh! and next chapter is finally the wedding! :D please look forward to it! ^^
So I was reading the story line for this and guess what? I thought it would take me about 20-25 to finish this story… but then I think it might take 20-25 chapters to start with the actual angst, which means there are quite a lot scenes I would like to write to establish a good background before the angst, I hope you all don’t mind it… ^^’

Thanks to my beta for not losing her patience with my works and understanding my writing style perfectly! ^^

I love you all! (:

Comment a lot neh?