Ch. [61]

In My Arms

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun and Siwon didn’t sleep the whole night and instead planned what they would do.

 

They couldn’t just confront Seohyun because that would advert her of what they were doing. Instead, they called of their private detectives to investigate her and they waited for him to call back the next morning.

 

Kyuhyun was silently begging it would be Seohyun, because that way they could stop her right away and get Hyukjae back as soon as possible. He was also pretty sure the police had investigated her as well. Simply because everyone that knew Hyukjae had gone through a meticulous interview. Even him.

 

“If it’s her, I swear I’ll kill her,” Siwon said dangerously, sitting at the edge of the couch, with his elbows over his knees and his eyes attached to his cell phone over the table. “If she did something to Hyukjae I swear I’ll-”

 

“What does she want?” Kyuhyun asked. “What would she want to get from us to do it?”

 

“Torture us,” Siwon said looking up at Kyuhyun. The sun rays were already filtering through the curtains. “Maybe she’s taking revenge on you, or me, or Hyukjae…”

 

“But what will she win?” Kyuhyun asked again. “If she wanted money, she should have called already, we would have given her everything she wanted as long as Hyukjae was fine.”

 

Siwon pursed his lips and nodded. “I don’t know,” he admitted. “But I want to find him, Kyuhyun. And if she did this, I won’t restrain myself.”

 

“And what if she didn’t?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked. “What if there’s someone else that we don’t know? What will we do then? We are useless, Siwon. We can’t do anything but suspect and there are so many people in our list that we would never end…”

 

“Then, we’ll go one by one, Kyuhyun. Until we find him,” Siwon said determined and, for the very first time in days, Kyuhyun felt like he could do it.

 

It was almost eight in the morning when they heard the door opening and the next thing they knew, was that Heechul was dragging them to take a shower while she arranged their breakfast because they had to go work and she wouldn’t take any excuse.

 

Kyuhyun wasn’t in conditions to drive, so Siwon would take him and then would pick him up again to the office. He was way too thin and without energy. He would sometimes space and he couldn’t focus in only one thing. Driving was dangerous for both of them, though Siwon seemed to have things a little more in control.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Hyukjae panted as he incorporated himself in a sitting position. The ground was cold and he wasn’t wearing too many clothes as he would like to. There were no blankets and the bed was humid and colder than the ground itself.

 

A plate with food was presented in front of him and Hyukjae looked up at the man in front of him with begging eyes. “Please…,” he mumbled with a dry throat.

 

Though he has received food and water, it wasn’t enough and his back was killing him. He continued throwing up and the nauseas were every day worst.

 

The two men that kidnapped him were gone already but Hyukjae wished they were there with him. Because he could have convinced them to let him go or help him out in change of money.

 

But now, in front of him, was a man, middle aged and wasted. His clothes were also wasted and his eyes looked tired and exhausted. “Help me…,” Hyukjae begged. He couldn’t even eat properly and he was forced to it. His hands and ankles were still tied and he was still wearing the same clothes for the whole week.

 

Hyukjae wasn’t allowed to go even to the bathroom alone and he had to do it in one corner of the small room.

 

The small was horrid and Hyukjae threw up as soon as he woke up. He wanted to leave, to escape. But in that very moment, Hyukjae had no energy left to even move a finger. His throat hurt from vomiting so many times and there were bruises in his wrists and ankles. He couldn’t take it anymore. “Please help me…,” he begged with teary eyes. Tears that slid down his dirty cheeks.

 

The man in front of him was foreigner, probably Chinese. Too poor to even try to disobey the orders that were given to him.

 

The man nudged the plate towards him and Hyukjae panted lowly, shaking his head because he couldn’t eat in that state. The smell and the tasteless food were not enough to keep him alive anymore.

 

A spoon was presented in front of his lips and Hyukjae turned around, pursing his lips tightly because he hated being fed like that. He hated not even allowed to even touch the damn spoon. He took his hands to his tummy and closed his eyes. He couldn’t feel anything but he was sure his baby was fine. I must protect it.

 

Hyukjae looked at the front again and opened his mouth. He had to eat because his baby needed it. He couldn’t be picky and chose what to eat, much less fulfill his cravings.

 

The food was horrible but Hyukjae chewed and swallowed it before opening his mouth again. The man in front of him didn’t understand the same language than him and he couldn’t convince him to help him escape.

 

Hyukjae had tried studying everyone’s movements. He was sure there were at least five people taking care of him, walking around the small room trying to secure the area. The probability to escape was so small that his hope would go down almost automatically.

 

He finished all the food and he did his best to keep it inside of him. He needed the food. Hyukjae had felt dizzy every morning and by then, he was pretty sure he was already anemic.

 

A hand landed on his chin and Hyukjae was forced to open his mouth once again. He closed his eyes as he felt the water slide down his throat and some drops escaping and sliding down his chin. He closed his mouth when he felt like he couldn’t breathe anymore and after a few seconds, his mouth was forced open again.

 

When finally the man left, Hyukjae looked at the door by his side. There was light filtering through the small space under it and he could see some shadows, indicating that someone was there taking care of him.

 

He closed his eyes, sighing deeply as felt his consciousness fading.

 

He had not seen director Jung anymore, not ever since the first meeting and he was thankful for that. His head hurt and he had to focus in keeping the food inside his stomach every day, though it didn’t work as much as he would like to.

 

The night came painfully slowly. Hyukjae hated the nights. They were cold and he had to curl in a corner, hugging his tummy lovingly as he sang for his baby almost silently until his consciousness faded away slowly.

 

Hyukjae would wake up many times at night, his body trembling in coldness. It was still November, Hyukjae was sure of it. It would get colder every night and he was sure that if he didn’t escape soon, he would die.

 

Hyukjae’s body was weak. He was shivering in coldness and he prayed for the morning to come. Though he knew, sometimes the mornings were even worst.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Anything?” Kyuhyun asked as he went up Siwon’s car. It was almost midnight again. Kyuhyun had to spend more time working because he would distract himself thinking about Hyukjae.

 

“Not yet,” Siwon said impatiently, starting the car and driving off almost completely. “But he told me he would send me the report to your house, so let’s get going first.”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Siwon and then through the window. He was impatient too. But then Hyukjae’s face would come up his mind again, killing him slowly as he could hear his voice, calling for him. “I’m exhausted,” he mumbled, closing his eyes but not being able to sleep.

 

“You have twenty minutes to sleep,” Siwon said with a husky voice and it was then that Kyuhyun realized, neither of them had slept for two days. Still, his brain didn’t seem to cooperate and make him relax.

 

“I can’t sleep,” Kyuhyun said in a low voice, almost in a whisper.

 

Siwon didn’t say anything. He just dedicated himself to drive, focused on the road with those tired eyes and skinny hands.

 

When they arrived, Kyuhyun went down and silently hoped to see Hyukjae in there when he opened the door of the house. Siwon sighed deeply. “He’s not here..,” he whispered for himself and Kyuhyun realized he hoped the same than him.

 

They looked down and Kyuhyun picked up an envelope and walked to the living room, sitting down as he started ripping the envelope away to look at the content.

 

Kyuhyun gave a copy to Siwon and they quickly started reading the contents carefully, frowning deeply as they reached the last pages. “Nothing?!” Siwon exclaimed throwing the papers away. “Nothing?! Really?! IT!”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and re-read the report. “Nothing out of the ordinary in the calls record…,” he mumbled. “No activities outdoors. Nothing…”

 

“She could have someone to do the dirty work…,” Siwon said and Kyuhyun sighed, also throwing away the papers.

 

“There’s no movements in her bank accounts, not even in her father’s or mother’s. How did she pay?” Kyuhyun asked and closed his eyes, running a hand through his hair before standing up. “If she did this, she planned it really carefully.”

 

“She’s not stupid Kyuhyun,” Siwon said frowning and looking around the house. “She probably knew we would investigate her like this so she tried even harder…”

 

“But we know everything about her, how did she do it?” Kyuhyun asked again and felt his eyes burning. He wanted to cry out of desperation. “What can we really do?”

 

Siwon stopped and looks at Kyuhyun. “Nothing…,” he said and looked down, clenching his fists frustrated. “We can’t do anything to help. All this is just a way for us to feel better. What can we do, Kyuhyun? Pay for someone to find him? We tried and it didn’t work. Look for him ourselves? We also tried that and we’re too blind. Leave this to the police? This is entirely fruitless!”

 

It was until Siwon turned to look at Kyuhyun that he realized, the latter was trembling, looking down his feet, clenching on the couch so hard that Siwon was sure he could dig his nails in the fabric. “What is he doing right now?” He asked coldly. “How is he doing?”

 

Siwon didn’t know how to answer and he looked down.

 

“We’re trying so much to blame her… and I swear I want her to be guilty, because we would have a clue, something to start looking…,” Kyuhyun’s voice was cracking. It was so low that it echoed horribly in the empty house. “But truth is…,” he closed his eyes. “That we don’t even know if he’s alive or-“

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes at the punch that landed on his face, throwing him against the couch. “Don’t, Kyuhyun. He’s alive. He’s fine and we will rescue him completely fine. Don’t think like that because when he’s in my arms, I’ll definitely take him away from you.”

 

Siwon was glaring at him. There were tears dancing in his eyes and Kyuhyun closed his. He thought about himself being such a masochist, the pain made him feel alive. “Siwon… I miss him…,” he whispered. “I love him so much… I would exchange everything just to keep him safe, Siwon… I miss him. I want him here…”

 

Siwon threw a small bottle with pills to Kyuhyun and sat down the couch. “Those are sleeping pills, take one every night,” he said and didn’t even look at Kyuhyun as the latter looked at the bottle carefully. “I’ll also take them from now on.”

 

Kyuhyun stood up and poured wine in two glasses, offering one to Siwon. “Even if it’s just an hour, I’ll be glad to be able to sleep,” he said without questioning anything and just took one to his mouth, drinking all the wine from the glass at once.

 

Siwon did the exact thing and placed the glass aside.

 

Three hours later, they were woken up by Heechul yelling and nagging of why they didn’t tell her they would stay in that house that night.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•




                        

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~

There’s a birthday girl today yesterday, right? (I planned on updating this before but I got sick so-)

Kekeke happy birthday to my Cindy Unnie! I LOVE YOU UNNIE!!!