Ch. [67]

In My Arms

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Hyukjae looked up. He was panting, the sweat was running down his forehead to his temples. He took his hand to his abdomen, holding it lovingly as he rested against a trunk, looking forward. It was late already, the sun was filtering through the leaves of the trees and he didn’t dare to look up. No, Hyukjae needed that energy to save himself and find someone that could help him.

 

He was tired, Hyukjae was exhausted of walking, running, hiding. He wanted to eat something, to have some water. His lips were dry, just as his throat. He needed something or he would die out of starvation.

 

He was useless. He even surprised himself because he was still alive. How could he? He didn’t have an idea but as long as he had consciousness, he would try to save his baby.

 

Hyukjae kept walking, panting softly because he was exhausted. He looked around, there was nothing, just trees and brushes. Not a single person, not water, there was nothing he could get help from. He pursed his dry lips in determination and looked forwards, shaking his head. I’ll live.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“It stopped moving!” Kyuhyun announced as they looked at the screen intently, the red point blinking and staying still in an only location.

 

“Let’s hurry, then,” Siwon said and drove as fast as he could. “Maybe he left his car somewhere and walked the next path, we must be careful,” he said serious though his hands were trembling.

 

Kyuhyun hummed, quickly calling the police. Whatever it was, Hyukjae or not, Kyuhyun could pay the fine later for alerting on a false kidnapping. He stayed looking at the screen intently, telling Siwon where to go.

 

They were going so fast they could have died in a simple car accident. But at that moment, they didn’t care. They didn’t even notice. The only thought, of maybe, finding Hyukjae, was enough for them to even give up on their lives.

 

It had been months, Kyuhyun couldn’t sleep anymore and when he did, he had nightmares. Siwon couldn’t work, he couldn’t focus on something for hours before thinking about Hyukjae. It was torture, every day, and every second of their life, not knowing where Hyukjae was or how was he doing.

 

One last turn to the right and they left the road to enter a more secluded area. There weren’t any cars anymore, the road was merely ground and they could see the forest already. “Siwon, the forest…,” Kyuhyun mumbled, not trusting his trembling voice. “He said he ran to the forest…”

 

Siwon glanced at the forest, pursing his lips tightly as he felt his heart beating extremely fast, almost jumping out from his body. “We’ll find him, Kyuhyun…,” he said, mostly because he wanted to convince himself of that.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t answer. He wanted to find Hyukjae so badly that he couldn’t speak anymore. He looked through the window, looking around the trees to see if he could find any trace of Hyukjae in there. It was unlikely, but he still had hopes of it.

 

It took them just a few minutes to see the police cars behind them and Kyuhyun felt his body starting to tremble. Maybe they wouldn’t find Hyukjae. Maybe not there, but now they would have the culprit, and they would know where to look for him.

 

They kept driving until they reached the place director Jung’s car was. They stopped the car abruptly and frowned, the man wasn’t there, there was nothing there. The police cars stopped as well and everyone got down.

 

Kyuhyun and Siwon were trembling, but they had no other thing in mind but finding Hyukjae.

 

“Look for something in the forest, divide and call when you find something!” one of the police officers ordered to the others before they split into three groups of a couple of policemen to start searching in various directions.

 

Kyuhyun and Siwon were told to do the same and so they did.

 

The search was even more infuriating than before. They had no idea where to start looking, not for Hyukjae or director Jung. They were just walking forward, looking around, making sure to look careful for any trace, holding Siwon’s phone tightly as they kept going.

 

“Sir, we found something!” Siwon and Kyuhyun looked at the small radio that was given to them and they turned around, running to the meeting place once again.

 

As soon as everyone gathered, they were given the exact location and they ran there. Siwon and Kyuhyun only followed, not being allowed to go first since they weren’t prepared.

 

“That’s him,” Kyuhyun frowned deeply.

 

Siwon turned around and saw the scene. There were at least five men arranging things into cars, reporting to the man Kyuhyun pointed as director Jung. He looked up and looked the policemen prepare their guns.

 

“Hands up!”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

A road.

 

Hyukjae looked up. If there was a road there had to be someone who went through there. He was panting and sweating. Taking his hand up to wipe his sweat, he realized he had fever. “No…,” he whispered with a husky voice, looking at the road ahead.

 

He could walk and follow the road, but he would risk himself to his kidnappers to find him easier so at the end, he decided he would wait for someone to go by, hiding behind the bushes.

 

Only sitting down, looking at the small road, Hyukjae realized how exhausted his body was. He could feel his legs tremble and dumb and for a few seconds, he feared he wouldn’t be able to walk anymore for a few hours even if he needed to.

 

He took his hands to his abdomen and caressed it slowly. His baby was moving, which Hyukjae learnt was a good sign, and he could feel it bigger every day. He smiled softly as he rested against the trunk of a tree. If there was something he was happy about, was that his baby was still alive and healthy.

 

The sun was hiding and Hyukjae had been there waiting for a few hours already. He was sure he walked far enough as for his kidnappers to find him there, so he stood up, hissing when he felt the terrible pain in his lower back and legs. He tried to ignore it and walked to the road slowly, dragging his feet by the side of it towards an unknown destination.

 

Hyukjae was trembling. His fever only got worse and he was almost fainting.

 

His body gave up on him as soon as he saw car lights on the road.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun ran his fingers through his hair, falling onto his knees as he closed his eyes tightly, shaking his head. “Nothing…”

 

It was impossible, how they had been looking for Hyukjae for at least three days and they found nothing.

 

Siwon was still going around the forest, but Kyuhyun’s body didn’t have the energy anymore. He was paler and thinner, his slender fingers ran through his hair and his tears of frustration started going down his cheeks.

 

They had Director Jung arrested, but the other only smirked at him, as if already knowing the hell that was awaiting for him.

 

Although the investigation and the search continued, Kyuhyun and Siwon were taken back to Seoul, where Heechul had to force them to stay in bed for at least twelve hours before going out to work again.

 

“Do you think they’ll find him?” Kyuhyun asked as he rested his back against the seat of Siwon’s car, the latter taking him to the office. “What if they don’t?”

 

Siwon clenched the steering wheel and shook his head. “Let’s hope, Kyuhyun…”

 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes for a second.

 

Should I give up?

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes. He felt his body tired and it hurt to even try to blink. It took a lot of energy from him to bring his hand and caress his abdomen.

 

Finally getting used to the light, he felt his head spinning and he closed his eyes again. He didn’t even have the straight to whine about the pain anymore. He felt how his body was losing his consciousness again and he welcomed it gladly. Because everything was better than feeling the exhaustion.

 

It took Hyukjae a few minutes to actually realize he was somewhere he didn’t remember. He gasped silently and opened his eyes abruptly. His heart was starting to beat faster and his breathing was becoming uneven for how scared he felt. Did they get me again?

 

“Honey! He’s awake!”

 

Hyukjae turned towards the voice and saw an old lady, looking at him with a warm smile.

 

He tried to smile back, or at least ask some questions, but he couldn’t and his body wasn’t cooperating. He was confused and afraid, but there was finally someone who didn’t seem like they wanted to hurt him.

 

Tears started forming in his eyes as Hyukjae tried to stand up but failed, closing his eyes to breathe in and out deeply. “Don’t try too hard,” the lady said as Hyukjae opened his eyes and looked up at the woman who was now changing the wet towel of his forehead.

 

Hyukjae didn’t even remember it being there.

 

“I-I-” Hyukjae tried to swallow his own saliva but he couldn’t and the desperation was driving him insane.

 

“Here, drink some water,” the woman offered, gently pulling Hyukjae’s back up to place the edge of the glass against Hyukjae’s lips.

 

Hyukjae obeyed gladly and it didn’t take two seconds for him to drink the entirety of the glass, sighing softly because it felt good against his throat. “T-Thanks…,” he said as the woman placed a big pillow behind his back so Hyukjae would be resting comfortably.

 

“You fainted when we were coming home, I had never seen you around,” the woman explained as she dried the sweat from Hyukjae’s forehead. “You have a high fever, it’s dangerous if you’re pregnant.”

 

The small house he was in didn’t have doors or walls. It was all made out of wood and other materials. Hyukjae closed his eyes. The cold piece of cloth against his skin felt good and he could feel his body pulsating in exhaustion.

 

A man came into the room and introduced himself as Mr. Kim. Hyukjae could barely smile and say his name before they insisted he had to sleep after feeding him barely three spoonfuls of soup.

 

Hyukjae’s body collapsed again in a deep sleep.

 

The fever increased and Hyukjae was panting, unconscious. He was sweating and his breathing was labored. Mr. and Mrs. Kim tried to shower him with cold water but it didn’t reduce the fever. Hyukjae was awake, but he couldn’t even say a thing. “He’s not getting better,” Hyukjae heard Mrs. Kim said with a worried voice. “The fever is really bad and his legs are swollen…”

 

“The doctor only comes here twice a month,” Mr. Kim said equally worried. “I don’t think he’ll make it.”

 

Hyukjae wanted to open his mouth and speak but he couldn’t. His body hurt and it felt as if it was on fire. He tried to caress his abdomen, as he always did, but his arms didn’t do what he told them to.

 

“Where’s the closest doctor?” Mrs. Kim asked as she caressed Hyukjae’s abdomen instead.

 

“It will take us six hours and we have to walk three,” Mr. Kim said and Hyukjae knew he was as frustrated and worried as himself. His heart was beating faster and he started panicking when he suddenly couldn’t feel his hands and feet. He tried to move desperately but he couldn’t, he didn’t have the strength.

 

“Honey,” Mrs. Kim called with a loud gasp, her hands still on Hyukjae’s abdomen, pressing against his skin firmly, as if she wanted to touch the baby directly from his abdomen.

 

There were a few seconds of silence and Hyukjae felt his head spin. There was something wet in between his legs.

 

He lost consciousness as he heard the voice of Mrs. Kim. “The baby is not moving.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                        

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~