Ch. [21]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                    

Hyukjae smiled for himself as he saw all the food done. “Perfect,” he said grinning and looking at the perfectly plated meals.

                    

He looked at the watch and smiled even brighter if it was possible. It was just few more minutes before Kyuhyun arrived and he was inevitably nervous. It was the very first dinner they had together, at their own house, maybe not like a married couple but like some kind of decent strangers. Hyukjae giggled before taking away the apron and preparing the table.

                    

Some more minutes passed and Hyukjae had everything ready. He sat down in the chair and looked at the empty one in front of him, smiling for himself and feeling that ticklish sensation inside him. “Calm down Hyukjae, it’s just dinner…,” he breathed in and out deeply and then suddenly giggled. “…with your husband.”

              

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              

Hyukjae looked down at the cold food over the table. It was already midnight and Kyuhyun didn’t even call him. “Idiot…,” he mumbled biting his lower lip to prevent his tears from coming.

                    

It was until two in the morning that Hyukjae decided to clean everything up and save the food in the fridge, feeling worst than ever when he saw the already full fridge of uneaten food. He sighed deeply; now the house looked empty and cold. More like before.

                    

Hyukjae sat down on the couch, bringing his knees up to his chest and hugging them softly, his eyes set on the main door, waiting for Kyuhyun.

                    

He couldn’t sleep even if he wanted. There was something in his chest but he couldn’t think if it was disappointment, sadness, or maybe he was worried. “What if something happened to him?” he bit his lower lip and shook his head. “No! He is safe, he just probably was really busy…,” he tried to convince himself.

                     

More hours passed and Hyukjae could see already the sun rays filtering through the curtains. He bit his lower lip worried that Kyuhyun hadn’t arrived yet. It was time for him to go for a jog but he was tired and sleepy. Still, Hyukjae couldn’t move himself from that couch, looking at the door.

                    

Finally, after a few minutes, the door opened softly and slowly and Hyukjae chuckled. Maybe Kyuhyun didn’t want to wake him up or make him know he was home.

                    

Hyukjae waited for a few seconds until he saw a tired looking Kyuhyun entering the house. “Ah !” the taller exclaimed when he suddenly found Hyukjae sitting in the couch looking at him intently. “Damn it Hyukjae! You scared me!” he said frowning softly.

                    

Hyukjae stood up frowning deeply. “You promised,” he said, and Kyuhyun felt guilty because he could see Hyukjae’s red eyes and the dark circles under them.

                    

“Did you wait for me the whole night awake?” Kyuhyun asked concerned, gulping and hoping for the answer to be ‘no’. Because it wasn’t worth to wait for him like that.

                    

Hyukjae chuckled bitterly. “You promised me that we would have dinner together,” he repeated looking at Kyuhyun’s eyes directly.

                    

Kyuhyun sighed. “I’m sorry,” he said softly. “It’s just that I had to attend this client and it became really late, I stayed in a hotel at the end…,” he explained.

                    

Hyukjae looked down and faked a smile. “There’s nothing we can do then,” he said sighing deeply. “I’m happy that at least you’re safe…,” he mumbled turning around towards his room.

                    

Kyuhyun felt the weight of guilt on him and stopped Hyukjae, gripping the smaller man’s wrists and making the other turn around towards him with a confused expression. Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and he couldn’t help but notice the tired eyes, the pink lips, the messy hair, the pink lips again. Kyuhyun his own and gulped.

                    

“Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae called not understanding what was going on, because Kyuhyun suddenly started staring and said nothing. “Is there something wrong?” he asked.

                    

Kyuhyun snapped back to reality and cleared his throat, finally letting go of Hyukjae’s wrist and not even trying to explain what just happened. “Today, now I promise it for real,” he said firmly.

                    

Hyukjae sighed. “Just come home if you can, if not I’ll understand,” he said. “There’s no need of more empty promises.”

                    

Kyuhyun could actually feel his heart clench. “No Hyukjae, this time I’m serious,” he said. “I promise you I’ll come and eat your food together.”

                    

Hyukjae smiled. “You’re not lying right?” he asked hopefully and Kyuhyun shook his head. “Then I’ll make sure to cook something delicious for you,” Hyukjae finally said with a bright smile. “Don’t back off this time Kyuhyun, or else you’ll be the one cleaning everything up!”

                     

Kyuhyun smiled. “I’ll come,” he assured.

                    

“Okay then, don’t be late,” Hyukjae said turning around towards his room.

                    

Kyuhyun smiled faintly, looking at Hyukjae’s retreating figure and sighing deeply because he shouldn’t have accepted to have that dinner and he should really stop doing business in restaurants, even if it was the most comfortable way of doing so.

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                    

Hyukjae sighed deeply as he looked careful how his food was finishing cooking and he smiled. “I’ll kick his balls if he doesn’t come this time,” he said smiling softly.

                     

Suddenly Hyukjae’s phone started ringing and he quickly answered. “Yes?” he called mixing the food so it wouldn’t burn.

                    

“Hyukjae?” Kyuhyun asked by the other line.

                    

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “You’re calling my phone Kyuhyun, it’s obvious it’s me,” he said chuckling at Kyuhyun’s snort.

                    

“Whatever then,” Kyuhyun said. “I won’t be able to make it…,” Hyukjae stopped all his movements. “Dad is calling for an urgent meeting and we need to resolve this problem as soon as possible…”

                    

Hyukjae chuckled bitterly. “Is that so? Then it’s okay, say hello to your dad for me.”

                    

“Are you okay? You still don’t cook right? Sorry, it wasn’t planned…” Hyukjae looked at his cook and he wanted to laugh at himself, at his own misery.

                    

“Of course not, I just remembered we were supposed to eat together now!” he said biting his tongue, maybe Kyuhyun wouldn’t be able to see through his lie.

                    

There were a few seconds of silence and Hyukjae knew, Kyuhyun was actually able to see through his lie. “Sorry… really…,” he said and Hyukjae chuckled, turning off the stove. “I-”

                    

“It’s okay,” Hyukjae cut. “You’ll be late right? Then I won’t wait for you… bye,” he hung up, pouting because once again, his food was for nothing. “I don’t understand how a marriage is supposed to work…,” he mumbled before putting the food in some plates for it to cool down.

                    

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                    

Hyukjae walked out of his house without anything in mind, he just went out making sure he had money for a taxi in case he got lost and his cell phone charged for him to call someone if he needed to.

                    

He walked through an almost empty street and he found three homeless people, one woman and two men. They looked weak and they only had their hands reached just in case someone would like to give them something, anything. Hyukjae bit his lower lip. Certainly, he didn’t like people asking for something without doing anything, but he was sure that those three old people wouldn’t even be able to walk more than ten minutes without falling.

                     

Hyukjae smiled softly before turning around towards his house.

                    

He opened the fridge and warmed some of the food, packing it along some expensive plates and walking out again.

                    

“Umm… hello…,” Hyukjae greeted awkwardly, biting his lower lip and smiling shyly.

                    

The three people turned to him and smiled warmly. “Hello there young man,” the woman said and Hyukjae smiled wider.

                    

“So um… I’m Hyukjae, Lee Hyukjae,” he said energetically. “Since my husband is kind of an idiot and he never comes to get dinner with me… I was wondering if you would like to accompany me…,” he asked blushing, realizing how pathetic he must be sounding.

                    

The three laughed softly. “We would love to,” one of them said and Hyukjae quickly went to sit down by their side.

                    

“Aren’t your clothes expensive? They’ll get dirty,” another one said and Hyukjae just shrugged.

                    

“It’s okay, I will wash it later,” Hyukjae smiled, placing the huge box he brought and placing it in front of everybody. He took out the plates and then the floor, little by little, arranging the floor as if it were a table.

                    

It was the first time in his whole life as a married person to actually enjoy dinner. Hyukjae smiled as he washed the plates and promised himself to go eat with those people more often.

                    

When he looked at the watch it was night already and he went to sleep, not even minding Kyuhyun anymore. It wasn’t as if he could do anything anyways, Kyuhyun was a busy man being the president of one huge company and the link to another one equally huge. “He still should have time to come by though…,” Hyukjae mumbled yawning softly and just closing his eyes.

                    

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                    

Hyukjae woke up late, so late that he decided he didn’t want to go jog, he yawned and stretched his body before walking to the bathroom to take a shower and decide what he was going to do for the rest of the day.

                    

When he went to get some breakfast, Hyukjae saw a note in the counter and smiled.

                    

Today I will not miss it.

Do your best cooking.

-Kyuhyun

                    

“Idiot…,” Hyukjae said already looking for his laptop to get the nicest recipe for dinner.

                    

----------------

                    

‘Important business meeting.’ The message said.

                    

“Stupid, , jerk, idiot…,” Hyukjae mumbled biting his lower lip and hugging his legs once again, warm tears going down his cheeks because once again, Kyuhyun didn’t arrive.

                    

He waited and waited but he never came, this time he didn’t even mind in cleaning up the table and the kitchen, he didn’t mind if something happened to the other, he only wanted to slap him in the face for lying to him so many times in a row.

                    

Hyukjae didn’t realize when it was morning and he saw the watch, frowning because it was already nine in the morning. The phone rang and Hyukjae stood up to grab it. “Hello?” he asked tiredly.

                    

“Oh… Hyukjae-oppa?” a girl’s voice could be heard and Hyukjae felt something clenching in his chest.

                    

“Yes…,” Hyukjae said softly.

                     

“Oh oppa! Is Kyuhyun there? It’s just because he came to my house yesterday afternoon and stayed the night here but he forgot his cell phone… could you tell him please?” Seohyun asked and Hyukjae pursed his lips.

                    

“Sure, I’ll make him know,” Hyukjae said. “I need to go now,” he said and he just waited for the girl to greet goodbye before hanging up. “Important business meeting huh?” he asked snorting. “Idiot.”

                    

Almost an hour after, Kyuhyun came in with an apologetic smile. “Sorry…,” was the first thing that came out of his mouth.

                    

Hyukjae pursed his lips and stood up in front of him. “How was the meeting?” he asked.

                    

Kyuhyun gulped and looked at Hyukjae. “Your eyes are really red and you look pale… are you alright?” he asked truly concerned, stepping forward to look even closer to the other’s face.

                    

Hyukjae chuckled. “There’s no need to lie to me Kyuhyun,” he said pouting to try to prevent his tears from going out.

                    

Kyuhyun looked at him confused. “What?” he asked. “Hyukjae, it’s the truth, I had a business meeting,” he said serious.

                    

Hyukjae smiled and nodded. “Seohyun called, she said you left your phone in her house last night,” he said and Kyuhyun opened his eyes widely, patting his pockets to see if it was true, and so it was.

                    

Hyukjae chuckled again at his own being. He walked past Kyuhyun until he felt a hand rounding his wrist and he didn’t even turned around. “Hyukjae… look, I’m-”

                    

“You’re sorry, I get it,” Hyukjae said not looking at Kyuhyun. “I won’t ever cook for you again Kyuhyun, don’t even dream of me trying to be nice once again, I’ll be by my own and I won’t arrive home and I won’t care anymore about you,” Hyukjae said with a shaky voice, giving himself away, he was already crying.

                    

Kyuhyun wanted to punch himself, he didn’t have an idea that hearing those words from Hyukjae would have such an impact on him. He wanted to beg forgiveness to Hyukjae, because he’s stupid and he couldn’t say ‘no’ to his girlfriend afraid that he, himself, was already feeling something for Hyukjae. “I can explain…,” but he couldn’t actually.

                    

The phone rang again and neither of them moved. “Aren’t you answering?” Hyukjae asked and Kyuhyun reached the phone hesitantly, not letting go of Hyukjae’s wrist.

                    

“Hello?” Kyuhyun called, looking intently at Hyukjae’s back, not wanting the other to go away. “Oh, Mr. Park, it’s been a while already…,” he said absent mindedly.

                    

Hyukjae got to free himself from Kyuhyun’s grip and walked to the door. Kyuhyun tried to follow him but he felt the phone falling down and he cursed mentally, not because of the phone but because of Hyukjae. “Have a nice day Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said before going out of the house and leaving Kyuhyun there with a phone call to attend and a million curses going into his mind.

                    

“Mr. Park, I don’t think it’s a good moment, I’ll pay a visit to your office later on the day,” Kyuhyun said sighing deeply and hanging up. Hyukjae was gone already and he had no idea of where he went to.

                    

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 


 

                        

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~

Thank you all and I love you! /hugs/