Ch. [33]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              
Hyukjae sighed as he entered to his house, going to the couch to rest after dealing with those annoying guys from the insurance company. He stretched his body and closed his eyes, ready to take a nap while he waited for Kyuhyun.
                
It was ten seconds after he finally relaxed that the door knocked and he hissed annoyed. He was sure it wasn’t Kyuhyun because it was too soon and because he wouldn’t have knocked his own door. Hyukjae sighed deeply and went to attend the door, opening it slowly and gasping when he saw Hankyung standing there, frowning.
                
“Where’s Kyuhyun?” Hankyung asked stepping inside and Hyukjae bit his lower lip.
                
“I- He… He’s umm… out…,” Hyukjae mumbled nervously, playing with his fingers because he didn’t want Kyuhyun’s father to realize his husband was actually with his girlfriend.
                
“I was told you were the one fixing the problem with the car accident, where’s Kyuhyun? He can’t be this irresponsible!” Hankyung exclaimed angrily and Hyukjae flinched, because never in his life he had seen Hankyung angry.
                
Hyukjae felt himself trembling in nervousness. “I-”
                
“He’s not here right?” Hankyung asked frowning deeply. “Where did he go?! He’s supposed to be here!”
                
Hyukjae looked down, tears already forming in his eyes because he was slightly scared that everyone would find out about their fail marriage.
                
Hankyung turned to Hyukjae and frowned deeply. “You don’t know,” he affirmed. “That idiot!” he exclaimed and Hyukjae covered his face in fear. “You don’t have to do anything Hyukjae, he’s the one who has to be responsible. What does he thinks he is to just go around leaving you alone?! He should know you were scared and worried!”
                
Hyukjae looked at Hankyung. “It’s okay… he told me he’s fine and-”
                
“No, this is not okay,” Hankyung said sighing deeply to calm himself down. “Okay, I’m sorry for yelling Hyuk, but Kyuhyun has to understand this is wrong in so many levels…,” he said. “There is no reason for him to be outside while you’re here dealing with something that you’re not responsible for.”
                
“No! I offered myself to help, it’s okay, I didn’t want him to stress himself more… maybe he went to the hospital as I told him to!” Hyukjae exclaimed, trying to sound convincing.
                
“I’m pretty sure it’s not like that… I knew something weird was going on,” Hankyung frowned. “We’ll see,” he said. “Don’t do anything else, I’ll call a lawyer to fix everything. Just rest,” he said and went out of the house, leaving a trembling and nervous Hyukjae behind.
                
It took three minutes for Hyukjae to snap back and go to search his phone, dialing Kyuhyun’s number and waiting for the other to answer. “The number you just dialed is out of service or turned off, if you wish to leave a message press-”
                
“Damn it Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae exclaimed loudly, trying again and again until his phone died and he had to grab the other one. “Answer, answer…,” he chanted as he waited for the phone to ring with no avail. “Oh god Kyuhyun… please…,” he bit his lower lip nervously, tears streaming down his face already.
           

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              
Kyuhyun sighed as they went out of the fifth store. He had paid for everything but it was alright, it was nothing for him. “Seohyun,” he called serious and the girl smiled brightly at her. Because shopping and spending Kyuhyun’s money would always raise her mood.
                
“Yes oppa?” Seohyun smiled sweetly and stopped walking.
                 
Kyuhyun sighed. “We need to talk,” he said. “Let’s go to that café.”
                
Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun puzzled but nodded anyways, following the male that was already walking without waiting for her.
                
“Kyuhyun,” and Kyuhyun froze, opening his eyes widely and turning around. He gasped when he saw his father looking at him intently, frowning deeply. Something that wasn’t usual of a calm man like him.
                
“D-Dad…,” Kyuhyun called nervously, his eyes darting to the girl now hiding behind him.
                
Everyone screamed as Kyuhyun fell down the floor after receiving a hard punch from Hankyung, who looked down at him with a deceived expression. “I’m so disappointed Kyuhyun, we didn’t raise you like this,” he said.
                
“Oppa!” Seohyun run to Kyuhyun, fully knowing that it would gain her points with Kyuhyun later.
                
Kyuhyun hissed in pain and stood up stumbling, facing his father once again with a frown in his face. “The punch wasn’t necessary,” he said massaging his jaw.
                
Hankyung frowned. “You dare to talk back at me! You brainless idiot!” he yelled. “Hyukjae is worried and nervous at home and you’re here cheating on him with an insignificant girl!”
                
Seohyun gasped and frowned. “I’m not-”
                
“I’ll give you two days Kyuhyun, solve everything before I tell Hyukjae what you’re doing,” Hankyung warned. “I can’t believe you’re wasting a perfect wife for this.”
                
Kyuhyun looked at his father and he wanted to laugh, because Hyukjae knew way more than simply that. He said nothing and Seohyun got frustrated because of that.
                
“We’re not breaking up if that’s what you want! Love is stronger!” the girl said clinging on Kyuhyun and only making Hankyung frown.
                
“Go away,” Hankyung said dangerously and Kyuhyun realized where he got the devil-like attitude. “I don’t want you around my son anymore,” he said and the girl gasped, looking at Kyuhyun and waiting for the other to defend her.
                
“Go Seohyun, we’ll talk later,” Kyuhyun said not tearing his eyes apart from Hankyung.
                
“Oppa!” Seohyun exclaimed offended.
                
“There’s not going to be later Kyuhyun, it’s either you chose between her or Hyukjae and your family because I am not going to support this outrageous decision of yours,” Hankyung said frowning deeply. “And I won’t tell Hyukjae, nor your mother. You should be thankful that I’m giving you a chance.”
                
“Oppa! You can’t let this happen to me!” Seohyun yelled. 
                
“Just go Seohyun,” Kyuhyun said serious. “I’ll fix this,” he then said to Hankyung.
                
“Hyukjae is worried because of you,” Hankyung said. “I hope you do things right Kyuhyun because I’m extremely disappointed on you,” and he turned around, walking away.
                
Kyuhyun sighed, running his fingers through his hair. “Oppa, don’t listen to him! It’s Hyukjae the one who meddled in between us! I’m not the other one! He is the other one!”
                
Kyuhyun frowned. “Seohyun,” he called grabbing Seohyun’s wrists and looking at her eyes directly. “It’s over, I don’t want to be with you anymore. I’m trying my marriage to work.”
                
Seohyun gasped. “Y-You’re breaking up with me? ME?!” she yelled frowning deeply. “You can’t do that! He’s taking you away from me!” 
                
Kyuhyun massaged his temple annoyed. “Stop it Seohyun, I’ve decided it already, we’re done.”
                
The girl pursed her lips in irritation and looked at Kyuhyun. “I’ll give you time to think about it,” she said. “You’ve been together for five months already, it’s obvious that you think you like him but no Kyuhyun. You don’t like him, you just got used to him,” she said calmly.
                
Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun intently. “No, I’ve been thinking this already too much,” he said. “We’re done.”
                
And Kyuhyun sighed deeply. This wasn’t the way he wanted to end things but he couldn’t help to feel extremely good about it. He turned around and walked away, not waiting for anything that Seohyun had to say to him and jumping into Hyukjae’s car as soon as he arrived to the parking lot.
                
He put his seat belt on and took his cell phone out, dialing a phone number as he started the car and drove off, a slight smile in his lips as he waited for Hyukjae to answer.
                
“Kyuhyun! Oh Lord Kyuhyun! Where have you been?! I was so worried and-”
                
“I’m fine Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun said cutting the other’s torrent of words. “I’m going home now, don’t worry anymore okay?” he asked and he could hear Hyukjae sighing in the other line.
                
“Come soon,” Hyukjae whispered and Kyuhyun smiled at those words.
                
“I’m on my way,” Kyuhyun said and drove faster.
               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

              
As soon as Kyuhyun opened the door, Hyukjae threw himself to the taller, wrapping his hands around Kyuhyun’s neck and hiding his face in the other’s shoulder. “Thank God you’re here…,” he whispered tightening his hold on Kyuhyun.
                
Kyuhyun smiled softly and sighed deeply, his hands wrapping around Hyukjae’s waist as he closed his eyes and rested his head in the smaller man’s shoulder. “I’m home…,” he mumbled and he could hear Hyukjae giggled softly.
                
They parted away from the hug and Hyukjae smiled softly at Kyuhyun, bringing his hands up to cup Kyuhyun’s face. “Are you alright?” he asked worried. “Is your head hurting? Your chest? Anything?”
                
Kyuhyun chuckled. “I’m fine,” he assured for the nth time that day. 
                
Hyukjae sighed relief. “Your dad came…,” he said biting his lips and playing with his fingers. “H-He seemed mad at you…”
                
Kyuhyun sighed and took Hyukjae’s hand. “He found me,” he admitted. “At the mall, with Seohyun.”
                
Hyukjae gasped loudly. “Oh my god! Kyuhyun! What are we going to do?!” he asked panicked.
                
Kyuhyun chuckled and dragged Hyukjae to the couch, making him sit down with him by his side. “He thinks I was cheating on you but you didn’t have an idea,” he said. “We should keep it this way.”
                
Hyukjae bit his lower lip hardly. “It was my fault…,” he pouted. “I couldn’t think on a good explanation and he seemed even madder and-” he couldn’t continue, his eyes forming tears because he felt guilty. “I’m sorry…,” he said looking down. “Now he won’t like your girlfriend ever…”
                
Kyuhyun smiled softly and squeezed Hyukjae’s hand. “Everything is alright now,” he said, not really in the mood to talk about Seohyun. “It wasn’t your fault, it was mine since the very beginning so don’t think of it as your responsibility,” he said smiling softly. “I’m sorry you had to go through all this.”
                
Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun and smiled softly. “Everything is really messed up…,” he said sighing deeply.
                
“It’s okay now,” Kyuhyun said leaning closer and pecking Hyukjae’s forehead. “It’s still early, let’s just watch a movie before we sleep okay?” he asked and Hyukjae looked at him, smiling softly.
                 
“You should rest,” Hyukjae said. “We can watch the movie tomorrow,” he said and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “It’s been a tiring day.”
                
Kyuhyun smiled. “I’ll take a shower then,” he said standing up from the couch.
                
“Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae suddenly exclaimed standing up as well and looking at Kyuhyun’s jaw. “Oh god, you hurt yourself! Look at this!” he said tracing a bruise in Kyuhyun’s skin.
                
“Ahh…,” Kyuhyun chuckled. “That was actually my dad, he’s pretty strong you know?”
                
Hyukjae gasped. “I’ll bring the ice, you go shower,” he said hurrying the other towards his room.
                
Kyuhyun simply chuckled, actually feeling like being pampered by Hyukjae. He went into the shower, bringing his pajamas with him and going out after a few minutes, feeling like he was light as a feather for all the worries he got rid of that day.
                
Hyukjae was already sitting on his bed, an ice pack in his hands as he patted the spot next to him in the bed.
                
Kyuhyun simply obeyed, going there and sitting slowly, facing Hyukjae and dedicating him a soft smile when Hyukjae did so too. “At least it doesn’t seem too bad,” Hyukjae whispered as he pressed the ice gently against the bruise. “You always manage to get hurt or punched to Kyuhyun,” he giggled. 
                
“Yeah, ever since we got married,” Kyuhyun said. “You slapped me on our wedding remember?”
                
Hyukjae laughed softly and looked up at Kyuhyun, removing the wet locks from the taller’s forehead. “But you deserved it,” he said. “I’ll dry your hair, you can get sick,” he then said.
                
Kyuhyun chuckled and grabbed the ice himself, pressing it against his jaw as Hyukjae went to grab a towel and crawling on the bed behind him and drying his hair softly. “It feels good,” Kyuhyun said closing his eyes and sighing deeply.
                
“You’re like a child Kyuhyun, you sleep right away by only caressing your hair,” Hyukjae giggled, continuing doing so.
                
“Just keep on doing what you’re doing Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun said chuckling. “It’s the least you can do after all those punches I’ve received because of you.”
                
Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “You deserved each one of them Kyuhyun,” he said pouting. “You’re so mean sometimes…”
                
Kyuhyun grabbed Hyukjae’s wrists and pulled him down until the other was sitting in his lap, a deep blush in his cheeks. “I won’t be mean anymore,” Kyuhyun said and kissed Hyukjae’s lips deeply, rounding his hands around the smaller waist to pull him closer and loving how Hyukjae wrapped his hands around his neck, kissing back almost immediately.
               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•