Ch. [01]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                               

Hyukjae passed through the airport gates walking slowly; smiling brightly because it’s been since forever since he last was in Korea. “Home sweet home,” he smiled to himself as he saw his father waving his hand towards him. “Dad!” Hyukjae exclaimed happily as he ran towards his father and hugged him tightly. “It’s been a long time,” he said happily he could finally be at home.

                               

Hyukjae’s father smiled sweetly and nodded. “Have you been well?” He asked and Hyukjae nodded furiously to the other.

                               

“Have you?” Hyukjae asked sweetly and his father nodded as well; thinking he was the luckiest person to have such as caring son as Hyukjae was.

                               

“Let’s go home Hyukkie,” Hyukjae’s father said softly dragging Hyukjae by his side while their driver grabbed Hyukjae’s suitcases.

                               

“Thanks,” Hyukjae said to the driver who just smiled at him; he was used to that; he was used to say thanks and smile to the people he liked; Hyukjae was probably the most expressive person that someone could ever meet; so transparent and pure no one would dislike him.

                               

“So how was school?” Hyukjae’s father asked when they were already on the back seat of the car. “It’s been a while since you last came to Korea,” he continued clearly happy to have his only son back.

                               

Hyukjae looked pass the window and smile. “It’s been almost fifteen years since I left,” he said slowly. “I don’t even know if I missed this place or not, I don’t remember anything from here,” he chuckled. “But I’m happy I’m back, school is hard when you have to learn in three different languages,” he laughed.

                               

Hyukjae’s father sighed deeply. “And I’m happy to have you back as well son,” he said and he stopped when he finally arrived to their destiny. “Hyuk, rest for now, I have something to talk to you tomorrow morning,” he then said serious and Hyukjae sighed.

                               

“Sure dad,” he said going out of the car and going towards their huge house, he knew his father was going back to the company so he would just stay there alone for a while, well, it was okay since he was tired from the flight.

                               

Hyukjae took a shower and slept for the rest of the day and even the night; when he opened his eyes it was still way too early but he wasn’t sleepy anymore; he smiled at the new day and stretched his body.

                               

He sighed deeply before closing his eyes, enjoying how good it felt to be once again in his hometown, his only place. He knew no one in there, he didn’t even know about his father’s company.

                               

Hyukjae went to France to continue his studying there when he was merely ten years old; his father sent him after his mother’s death, and he didn’t oppose to that, he was devastated as well.

                               

And now Hyukjae was twenty five years old, and for the first time, he was coming home after graduating from one of the most prestigious art universities; he went to school in France, then in England and then in America; some semesters he went even to Germany or Italy, he spent his life studying hard and traveling just like his father’s wanted.

                               

And because Hyukjae was shy he wasn’t able to make many friends, he was sure no one remembered him in Seoul and he knew it was right because he never met anyone before leaving; overseas he just managed to make a one good friend; Siwon, and he was a medicine student; he knew the latter was going to be a great doctor since he always helped him when he sprained his ankle while dancing.

                               

Suddenly Hyukjae’s phone rang and he jumped at the surprise; he looked at the screen and smiled when he saw it was Siwon. “Hello?” he answered with a bright smile in his lips.

                               

“Hey Hyuk! How was your trip? Am I calling too early?” Siwon asked from the other line and Hyukjae chuckled as he sat down on the bed.

                               

“It’s alright; I was awake already,” Hyukjae answered. “It was good, how have you been there?” he asked now playing with the bed sheets.

                               

“Well, I miss you already,” Siwon chuckled. “I’ll go kidnap you sometime,” he joked.

                               

Hyukjae laughed softly. “I miss you as well, but I think my dad really needs me here,” he said a little serious. “I promise I’ll go visit you soon,” he then added.

                               

Hyukjae heard Siwon chuckled on the other line. “That only if I can’t stand my desires to see you and go look for you before,” he said and Hyukjae blushed lightly, even when he was already used to Siwon cheesiness, he still felt like a teenage girl every time he was with him. “Okay Hyuk, I have to go, the doctor is looking for me,” Siwon sad chuckling. “I guess he’s thinking I took too long in the bathroom,” he laughed.

                               

“Then go, I’ll call you later,” Hyukjae said laughing as well. “Good luck there!” he then exclaimed happily before Siwon hummed and hang up.

                               

Hyukjae looked at the screen once again and he smiled widely.

                               

Siwon, he was way too many things for Hyukjae. They were a couple before, he even remembers waking up on Siwon’s embrace, but then, they both realized it didn’t work well so they decided to be good friends; and so they were, the best of all; sometimes they still had some intimate moments but they wouldn’t go further than kisses and hugs; okay, he has to accept it, maybe some days when both of them were way too stressed, they would end up on his or Siwon’s bed.

                               

Somehow, Hyukjae knew it wasn’t that kind of love for Siwon the one he felt, he knew it was everything else but romantic feelings.

                               

Hyukjae sighed deeply and stood up; stretching his body as he walked to look for some clothes in his closet; he saw how there was just a small portion of his own clothes while a bog part of them were new ones that probably his father bought. He dressed casually wearing jeans and a simple white t shirt and walked out of his room; reaching the garden that he always loved so much.

                               

“Mom, the flowers are still as pretty as when you took care of them,” Hyukjae whispered with a weak smile.

                               

He spent the rest of the morning in the garden, only watching the flowers until the sun was up in the sky. “Hyuk,” he heard his father call and he turned around with a bright smile.

                               

“Dad!” Hyukjae squealed going towards the said man. “I’m happy you kept the garden this beautiful,” he said and his father smiled at that.

                               

“It’s the least I can do right?” Hyukjae’s father asked as he signaled Hyukjae to follow him. “I hope you’re hungry, I asked for your favorite breakfasts,” he continued as they walked towards the table, Hyukjae following behind. “I hope you didn’t change your taste too much for these fifteen years.”

                               

Hyukjae chuckled. “Well, I’ll be pretty disappointed if you only asked for pancakes with strawberries,” he joked. “I want my strawberry milkshake as well, and the cake! I love the cake!” Hyukjae squealed and sat down excitedly in the table.

                               

Hyukjae’s father smiled widely. “I was right,” he mumbled as the maid started placing the plates in front of them.

                               

“This is great!” Hyukjae squealed when he saw all the plates had at least one strawberry there.

                               

Hyukjae’s father smiled contented but his smile quickly faded as he remembered what he wanted to talk about to his son. “Hyukkie,” he called serious and Hyukjae turned towards him with a strawberry poking out of his mouth. “Tonight we have a dinner with the Cho company,” Hyukjae’s father announced and Hyukjae swallowed his food before raising an eyebrow.

                               

“Me too?” Hyukjae asked confused. “Dad, I’m a dancer, I know nothing about business…,” he then said softly.

                               

Hyukjae’s father sighed deeply. “I’m sorry Hyukkie,” he said lowering his gaze, making Hyukjae nervous all of a sudden.

                               

“Why?” Hyukjae asked feeling his heart starting to race.

                               

Hyukjae’s father sighed once again. “You probably don’t know about this Hyukkie,” he started. “But I’m not very healthy, my heart can’t take too much pressure now and the company is in a critical condition, since you’re my only son and my only family I have no one to inherit my business to,” Hyukjae’s father explained and Hyukjae could feel already where everything was going.

                               

Hyukjae gulped. “So… umm…,” he trailed off playing with his food. “That means you want to retire right?” he asked chuckling softly.

                               

Hyukjae’s father looked at Hyukjae’s eyes. “Hyukkie, you’re my most valuable possession, I love you with all my heart and I think I will be unhappy and miserable if I leave you alone one of this days…,” he said gently and Hyukjae’s heart sank.

                               

“Dad!” Hyukjae exclaimed standing up. “You’re not going to die soon! Stop talking as if so!” he scolded pouting and feeling the knot of his throat getting bigger.

                               

Hyukjae’s father jumped a little before smiling. “Of course not Hyukkie,” he said trying to calm down the other. “But I don’t think I can manage the company anymore…,” he continued. “It’s a lot of work and my doctors told me I shouldn’t keep on working, since I want to get to see you happy, then I’ll heard their advices and stop doing so…”

                               

Hyukjae sighed and sat down once again. “At least you’re not the kind of workaholic grandpas out there who won’t listen to their doctors, it’s fine to just retire and live happily with everything that you have gotten with your hard work,” he said feeling more at ease.

                               

“Hyukkie,” his father called gently again. “I want you to inherit my company, the one I created and the one I raised with all my heart…,” he said softly and Hyukjae just turned to him confused.

                               

“Dad,” Hyukjae called shaking his head lightly. “I know nothing about-”

                               

“That’s why we’re going to the dinner with the Chos,” Hyukjae’s father said with a weak smile. “Hyukkie,” he called again. “I want you to marry the Cho’s heir…”

                               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                               

Hyukjae looked at himself in the mirror and sighed deeply, it was just minutes before going to the dinner with the Chos, and he didn’t want to go against his father’s decision, because he knew he was partly guilty about what was happening.

                               

Since Hyukjae was the only son and he didn’t want to continue with his father’s business he knew nothing about it and now that his father needed him he wasn’t going to just back away.

                               

“The least I can do,” he tried to convince himself even when he knew it was too much. “Still…,” he sighed knowing himself too well. “An arranged marriage,” he sighed again.

                               

Hyukjae knew almost nothing about companies and such, but he knew his father’s one was standing still and had no problems, he knew that if the Cho Corporation and the Lee Company got together it was going to be huge, of course the other party wouldn’t deny their marriage.

                               

But he knew as well, that his father did it with other purposes, as the one of not leaving him alone when he die, which Hyukjae wanted to think was not going to happen any time soon, and to let the company to him, marrying the heir of the Cho corporation would comply to all his father’s wishes, they weren’t greedy, they didn’t need to, they had much more of what they imagined when they went away from that poor place and moved to Seoul.

                               

“It’s time,” Hyukjae whispered looking at his watch and then at the mirror with a more determined look. “I can do this,” he said to himself with a soft smile.

                               

Hyukjae was a positive person, an arranged marriage would be actually pretty cool, they wouldn’t get bored because they would be discovering things about each other, he didn’t have to waste time dating as he used to, and they definitely didn’t need to pretend because however they were, they were going to get married anyways.

                               

“That’s it! Let’s go get my life partner!” Hyukjae exclaimed smiling for himself, he was going to make his father happy no matter what that night.

                               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                               

Hyukjae’s determined smile faded away as he saw the man frowning deeper at him, as if trying to kill him with his heavy glare, it was so much for Hyukjae to take that he couldn’t even look at him at the eyes afraid that some kind of laser would come out from the other’s.

                               

“I’m so happy we are all here reunited,” the Cho man said and Hyukjae only gulped looking down, feeling the stare of the Cho young, and quite handsome Hyukjae must say, even when he could only see him from the corner of his eyes, man.

                               

“I’m happy as well Mr. Cho,” Hyukjae’s father said smiling.

                               

There was Hyukjae and his father sitting by his side, in front of them were three people, the Cho man, the Cho woman and the Cho heir, Hyukjae gulped, the Cho heir sitting exactly in front of him, giving him the perfect excuse to stare and glare at him to death.

                               

“Let’s drop formalities! We will be family soon!” the Cho woman said cheerfully and the adults started laughing as they drank their beverages.

                               

Hyukjae wanted to look up but he was frozen, the Cho heir hadn’t take their eyes away from him and he bit his lower lip when he realized he was trembling.

                               

“Hyukjae, you’re such a beautiful male, I never thought I would meet someone as pretty as you! I’m so happy you will be the one marrying my son!” the Cho woman said and Hyukjae just looked at her and smiled awkwardly.

                               

“Thanks, Mrs. Cho,” Hyukjae said almost in a whisper.

                               

“Oh my! What a nice kid! Call me Heechul Umma from now on!” the Cho woman exclaimed and Hyukjae knew, she was really, really happy. “I never knew someone as perfect as you Hyukjae,” she continued. “Your father told me you were a dancer right? So refreshing! My son here is just a workaholic so deal with him okay?” she winked an eye to Hyukjae.

                               

Hyukjae nodded softly but then looked at the Cho heir and gulped again tearing his gaze apart, only smiling weakly and continuing his meals, or more like playing with them.

                               

“So Hyukjae, what do you think of our Kyuhyun here?” the Cho man asked and Hyukjae froze.

                               

Handsome, stunning, beautiful, manly, cold, mysterious, he wants to kill me with his eyes. “Oh…,” Hyukjae laughed softly. “I think he’s very-”

                               

Kyuhyun stood up abruptly and walked away from the table, leaving four stunned and confused people watching him leave.

                               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

               

 


 

A/N: Finally first chapter!

*sighs* I thought I wouldn’t even start it! xD

Okay~ so this fic is a combined request:

I hope you guys enjoyed and leave a lot of comments with your opinion of this new story neh? ^^

Love you all~~ (: