Ch. [71]

In My Arms

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun smiled as he looked at how peacefully Hyukjae was sleeping. “Hyuk,” he called softly, slowly tracing his features with his fingers. He was about to leave to work and he had to say goodbye first. “Hyuk, wake up.”

 

Slowly, Hyukjae woke up from his sleep, opening his eyes as if nothing was bothering. He just sat up, but he didn’t even look at Kyuhyun.

 

Smiling sadly, Kyuhyun posed himself in front of Hyukjae. “Take a shower and eat something, there’s food in the kitchen, alright?”

 

There was no response from Hyukjae.

 

“Here, I brought something for you,” Kyuhyun sighed softly, presenting a flower in front of Hyukjae’s face.

 

He didn’t notice. Kyuhyun didn’t realize Hyukjae actually looked at the flower. He didn’t pay attention at the way Hyukjae slowly lifted his hand up to take it. “I’ll just leave it here, alright?” Kyuhyun gave up and left the flower on the side table, standing up straight to kiss Hyukjae’s forehead. “I’ll come back in a few hours, take care of yourself and don’t open the door for anyone, alright?”

 

Hyukjae this time, was too engaged in his own task of turning to look at the flower as to pay attention to what Kyuhyun had to say. And Kyuhyun was too busy lamenting himself as to notice there could be something Hyukjae was sincerely interested in.

 

Kyuhyun left the house, and as soon as he closed the door, Hyukjae reached his hand slowly to grab the flower, never leaving his eyes from it. It was beautiful, so red that it looked unnatural. All the petals were perfect and none of them was ever mishandled.

 

Hyukjae held the flower for a long time, closing his eyes and breathing in and out deeply before opening them again and standing up.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“How’s Hyukjae,” Hankyung asked as he handed some papers to Kyuhyun, personally.

 

Kyuhyun looked up from his papers just for a fragment of second and held the papers, sighing deeply. “I don’t know,” he said sincerely. “He doesn’t talk, he doesn’t even look at me.”

 

“He’ll get better, you’ll see,” Hankyung smiled, but it was obvious even he wasn’t sure of what he was promising. “You just need to be patient. You and Siwon, who, by the way, is waiting outside to take you have some lunch.”

 

Kyuhyun groaned and let his face fall against his desk. “How annoying that man is,” he grunted, blindly reaching for his cellphone to send him a text. “I’m not even hungry.”

 

Hankyung chuckled, and hit Kyuhyun’s nape. “Look how horrible you are. Even the president, who’s really busy, made some time to come and ask how you’re doing and even a cardiologist, who’s full with patients wants to have lunch with you. You’re not even that important.”

 

“You came to ask for Hyukjae, not me,” Kyuhyun groaned as he massaged the back of his head and looked up at his father. “And I’m a really busy president too, what do you mean? Siwon is not even that busy… and he came to ask about Hyukjae as well.”

 

“Of course, you’re not even that important,” Hankyung laughed softly, waving goodbye to his son before going out from his office.

 

It didn’t even take a second for Siwon to appear at the door. “Let’s go get Hyukjae and get some lunch!”

 

“You’re supposed to greet me first, idiot,” Kyuhyun said as he stood up, arranging some of his papers into its place. “I choose the place.”

 

“Hi,” Siwon laughed, nodding towards the door. “Come on, hurry. I want to see him. It’s been a long time.”

 

“It’s been just a day, Siwon,” Kyuhyun chuckled, not even being able to hide how much he wanted to see Hyukjae again. Even when the smaller ignored their presence all the time.

 

“Don’t lie, I know you miss him too,” Siwon grinned, tapping his foot uncontrollably. “So hurry, I want to kiss his lips.”

 

“Yah!” Kyuhyun threw his pen towards Siwon. “It’s my wife you’re talking about! Don’t you dare put a hand on him!”

 

Siwon dodged the pen and stuck his tongue out in a mocking way. “Try me.”

 

Kyuhyun frowned. “Yah!”

 

They went out noisily, surprising most of the company workers that caught a glimpse of them. Some others thought they were seeing wrong and it became a hot topic how the boss was in a great mood after a long time. It was almost scary. Rumors started spreading about the president going out with someone new, or have found someone else aside from his wife.

 

The rumors traveled so fast and so effective, that it took only an hour for Kyuhyun to get an unwanted call.

 

“Hello?” Kyuhyun answered as soon as he went down Siwon’s car, smiling widely at the door in front of him.

 

“Kyuhyun!” It was Seohyun’s voice and it gave Kyuhyun a quickly headache.

 

“Look, Souhyun, I really have no time to deal with you, so please stop calling. I don’t even know how you got my number again,” Kyuhyun said, as calm as he could, massaging his temple.

 

“I heard you found a new lover?!” It wasn’t a question per se, it was nagging. “Kyuhyun! What about me?!”

 

“What the hell are you talking about?! I just-” No. Kyuhyun couldn’t make public Hyukjae was found. Not when one of the kidnappers was still out there, waiting to ruin his life again. “Where did you get that?”

 

“Everyone in your company says you found a new lover,” Seohyun said. And Kyuhyun could imagine her extremely pissed about it. “I hope that new lover is me, Kyuhyun. Because I just told my father we’re getting married soon.”

 

“I’m already married.” Kyuhyun said firmly, frowning deeply. “And even if I weren’t, I would never see you again.”

 

“Kyuhyun, do you even remember why you married that man?” Seohyun was almost yelling. “It was so that you could marry me! Me! You married him to shut your parents up and then divorce to marry me instead. It is me the one you love! You know it!”

 

“No,” Kyuhyun saw by the corner of his eyes how Siwon was also frowning, as if knowing what it was about. “Look, Seohyun. I am really not interested in you anymore, and guess what? Not even Siwon, who you probably think is going to fall for you as soon as we get together. Guess what? That won’t happen, so please go on with your life before I decide to take action on you stalking us all the time.”

 

He didn’t wait for the girl to answer and just turned his phone off. “Annoying,” Siwon sighed, shaking his head.

 

“Yeah,” Kyuhyun slid his phone into his pocket. “It must be worst for you though. She wants my money but she’s in love with you.”

 

Siwon frowned. “My heart already belongs to someone else.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Awww,” he smiled widely. “I’ll take good care of it Siwonnie~”

 

Siwon laughed loudly, sliding his hand around Kyuhyun’s shoulder to hug him firmly. “Come on Kyu, let’s go have some wild while we can!”

 

Kyuhyun gasped. “The no! I’m not doing anything with anyone but my dear wife!”

 

“Loyal, just the way I like them!” Siwon laughed finally reaching the door of the house and opening it.

 

Hyukjae wasn’t in there.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“He’s not here!” Kyuhyun yelled desperately, opening the doors of all the rooms of the house.

 

“Not here either!” Siwon ran his fingers through his hair, pulling it as he saw the dance room was empty as well. “Kyuhyun, where the is he?!”

 

It took them just a minute for them to go out looking for Hyukjae in their cars. Each of them went to different places.

 

Although it was frustrating, it took only three minutes to Kyuhyun to find Hyukjae walking on the sidewalk of the street. He sighed heavily and called Siwon to inform him before going out of the car, jogging towards Hyukjae who had the flower he had given him in the morning in his hand. Kyuhyun didn’t notice it. “Hyuk!”

 

The called didn’t even turned around, he just kept on walking steadily.

 

“Hyukjae!” Kyuhyun panted softly, standing in front of Hyukjae and holding his shoulders firmly, making the flower fall down the concrete unnoticed. “I was so worried!” he exclaimed, hugging Hyukjae tightly. “Let’s go home.”

 

Hyukjae didn’t say anything or moved even an inch. He wasn’t even looking at Kyuhyun or anything in particular.

 

Kyuhyun held Hyukjae’s hand softly, caressing the back of it gently before slowly guiding him to his car. He didn’t notice how Hyukjae turned around slowly, trying to find the flower he had received in the morning. He couldn’t look at it, but he tried searching it with his unused eyes.

 

The next day, Kyuhyun made sure to hire someone to always be taking care of the entrance of their house, just n case Hyukjae would go out again.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•