Ch. [20]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                    

“Not another party…,” Hyukjae whined as soon as Kyuhyun talked about their afternoon plans.

                    

“I’ll pick you up at six,” Kyuhyun simply said and even when he tried to ignore it, he couldn’t just let go of Hyukjae’s cute pout. “Don’t worry, this time no one will harass you,” he promised.

                    

Hyukjae sighed deeply. “Fine,” he said giving up. “At six right? Are we eating before that?” he asked with hopeful eyes.

                    

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae. “I have plans with someone to eat before the party…,” he said carefully, not liking a bit how Hyukjae’s smiled turned fake and weak.

                     

“Ah… I see…,” Hyukjae laughed bitterly. “I’ll see you at six then,” he smiled softly.

                    

Kyuhyun wanted to say something else but Hyukjae turned around and went into his room, probably to take a shower since he went to jog, just like every morning.

                    

Hyukjae pouted as he looked for something to wear after the shower, if Kyuhyun wasn’t going to arrive for dinner, then he didn’t even need to cook something for him. He sighed and finally went to his bathroom with a soft yawn.

                    

After his relaxing shower, Hyukjae threw himself in the bed. “Hyukjae?” he heard Kyuhyun’s voice from the door. “Are you awake?” the other asked and Hyukjae chuckled softly.

                    

“Yes,” Hyukjae simply replied, closing his eyes and not even bothering to stand from his soft bed.

                    

“Tomorrow,” Kyuhyun said softly. “I promise you that tomorrow I’ll arrive and we’ll have dinner together,” he said and Hyukjae opened his eyes, a soft and wide smile in his lips. He stood up and walked to the door, opening it and smiling wider when he caught Kyuhyun standing just outside his room.

                    

“Are you serious?” Hyukjae asked. “It’s not an empty promise right?” he asked pouting lightly.

                    

Kyuhyun smiled. “I’m serious,” he said. “I promise tomorrow we’ll have dinner together,” he repeated and he smiled widely when he caught Hyukjae’s gleaming eyes.

                    

“Don’t step back on your words Cho Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae warned. “I’ll wait for you then!” he smiled and Kyuhyun liked to see that gummy smile in the other’s lips.

                    

“I’ll get you at six, remember that,” Kyuhyun said turning around.

                    

“I will,” Hyukjae nodded for himself. “Good luck at work!” he exclaimed as Kyuhyun went out of the house, dedicating the other a soft smile.

                    

Hyukjae stood there with a bright smile “Well, finally, after a month” he giggled and went once again to his room to sleep for a few hours before the party.

                    

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                    

Kyuhyun didn’t let go of Hyukjae during the whole party, always hugging him by the waist, dragging him to wherever he had to go, introducing him as his lovely wife and frowning every time someone looked at the other with something more than simple admiration.

                    

“This is really tiring,” Hyukjae whined as he rested his body against Kyuhyun’s, liking how the other didn’t even seem to mind their closeness.

                    

Kyuhyun sighed. “It is indeed,” he agreed, smiling softly because he actually liked how Hyukjae leaned for him for support. “Let’s just stay one more hour, then we can go home,” he promised and he turned around slightly only to see how Hyukjae’s lips curved up into a bright smile.

                    

“One hour? Really?” Hyukjae asked and Kyuhyun chuckled lightly before nodding. “Ah! Thanks goodness!” Hyukjae exclaimed happily, resting his tired head in Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

                    

After what seemed to be a whole day but it was simply half an hour, Hyukjae yawned while they walked towards a new client. “I’ll go wash my face, I’m already sleeping while standing,” he said and stopped his tracks.

                    

“Ok, let’s go,” Kyuhyun said turning to where the bathroom was.

                    

Hyukjae chuckled. “It’s okay, I can go all by myself, I’m all grown up!” he exclaimed pulling himself a step ahead and Kyuhyun frowned, because now his hand wasn’t resting in the small curve of Hyukjae’s waist and it didn’t feel right.

                    

“Okay then,” Kyuhyun finally gave up. “Don’t take too long, I’ll stay there with that client,” he pointed discreetly at an old man and Hyukjae nodded.

                    

“Yes sir!” Hyukjae smiled and turned around.

                    

Kyuhyun smiled softly before turning around himself and smiling brightly when the client caught his eye. “Oh! Mr. Park!” he exclaimed greeting the other energetically.

                    

After some minutes, Kyuhyun was looking almost every five seconds if Hyukjae had gone out but he would always end up pursing his lips because the other didn’t. After another two minutes, Kyuhyun looked through the crowd and didn’t find one of the men he was disgusted to the most, and that was director Jung.

                    

! Kyuhyun exclaimed in his mind as he reviewed every face in the crowd of people. “If you excuse me, Mr. Park, I’ll just go check on my wife,” he excused himself and bowed softly, walking away not even minding the other man’s reply. He walked as fast as he could towards the bathroom, almost running.

                    

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                    

Hyukjae went into the bathroom and sighed loudly and tired, smiling at his own reflection in the huge mirror and washing his hands before palming his cheeks with the cold water. “Ahh… this feels good,” he said closing his eyes and smiling at the sensation.

                    

Suddenly, Hyukjae felt a hand brush his waist and he froze, opening his eyes widely and paralyzing when he saw the one checking on his wasn’t Kyuhyun. He turned around quickly and smiled awkwardly. “Director Jung…,” he greeted.

                    

Director Jung smiled. “It’s nice to finally meet you Hyukjae-shi,” he said looking Hyukjae from head to toe and giving himself a small nod of appreciation. Hyukjae pursed his lips in disgust.

                    

“Yeah, it’s nice to meet you too,” Hyukjae said. “Then… if you excuse me,” he bowed and turned around, ready to leave.

                    

Hyukjae flinched when he felt a hand grabbing his wrist and he turned around alarmed, frozen when he saw the smirk in director Jung’s face. “I was amazed when I saw your wedding pictures in the news to be honest…” he started and Hyukjae shrugged lightly to get himself free. “You are indeed beautiful,” the man continued and Hyukjae didn’t like how this was going.

                    

“Thank you,” Hyukjae said scared. “C-Could you please let go of my wrist? It’s inappropriate,” he said hoping the man would understand.

                    

“I could,” director Jung said. “But don’t think I haven’t noticed the looks you sent me the whole night,” he said and Hyukjae jumped in confusion. Looks? Why would Hyukjae look at someone else when Kyuhyun is right there with him? It’s not like someone else catches his attention.

                    

“I’m sorry but I have no idea of what you’re talking about,” Hyukjae said once again pulling his arm to set himself free.

                    

Director Jung smiled wider. “Oblivious, how did you know that’s how I liked it?” he asked. “Now you seem even more beautiful, with every second, I was mesmerized when I saw you in real life and I must tell you, you look better this way.”

                    

Hyukjae gulped. “Let go of me,” he said, trying to sound firmly but not being able to hide the growing panic inside him.

                    

“You’re also playing hard to get,” director Jung said pulling Hyukjae closer and now hugging his waist firmly. “You must like me so much…,” he said and Hyukjae flinched in disgust.

                    

“Director Jung! Let go of me!” Hyukjae exclaimed shrugging. “Don’t think I won’t tell my husband about this!”

                    

“You won’t pretty,” director Jung said maintaining his strong grip in Hyukjae’s body. “Because you’re enjoying this as much as I am.”

                    

Hyukjae frowned deeply. “Back off!” he yelled pushing the man’s chest with both his hands and getting madder when his efforts were all a failure. “Get your disgusting hands away from me!”

                     

The old man smiled wider and leaned closer, probably for a kiss.

                    

Hyukjae backed away as much as he could and closed his eyes tightly. He was going to make sure the man to get his share when he gets away from him. That, he will make sure of it.

                    

The door of the bathroom slammed open and Hyukjae quickly turned towards the person who saved his dignity. “Kyuhyun!” he exclaimed and he ran to the other as soon as he felt the hands of the man leaving his waist.

                    

Kyuhyun frowned deeply; surely, he didn’t want to see director Jung hugging his wife. “What’s happening here?” he asked narrowing his eyes and automatically reaching his hand for Hyukjae to take.

                    

Hyukjae took Kyuhyun’s hand and clang on to it, disgusted and a little scared. “Are you okay?” Kyuhyun whispered and Hyukjae simply nodded, lowering his head.

                    

“We were just chatting comfortably Kyuhyun-shi,” director Jung said with a smile, making Kyuhyun even more furious.

                    

Kyuhyun turned towards Hyukjae and the latter shook his head softly, hiding his body behind his as if asking for protection. “It didn’t seem like it,” Kyuhyun said turning at director Jung, extremely mad because no one should dare to touch Hyukjae except for him.

                    

Director Jung chuckled. “To tell you the truth Kyuhyun-shi, I think you should be a little more careful to your wife and pay him a little more attention. He has been flirting with me the whole night.”

                    

Hyukjae gasped. “Kyu-”

                    

“He has been with me the whole night director Jung, and to tell you the truth, I don’t think he would like to flirt with someone like you having me by his side,” Kyuhyun said squeezing Hyukjae’s hand and hiding the other completely behind his back.

                    

“Well, you probably don’t give him what he needs,” director Jung said and Kyuhyun’s blood boiled.

                    

“Director Jung, I hope you understand that I caught you ually harassing my wife,” Kyuhyun said dangerously.

                    

“He asked for it!” director Jung defended.

                    

“I didn’t!” Hyukjae exclaimed offended.

                    

Kyuhyun hugged Hyukjae by the waist and brought him closer to his body. “Please hand in your resignation letter tomorrow morning director Jung,” he said firmly. “And be prepared for the law suit,” he warned before turning around. “Let’s go Hyukjae,” he ordered, still frowning and dragging Hyukjae gently towards the door, going out of the bathroom.

                    

“This will not stay like this!” director Jung exclaimed and Hyukjae felt shivers of fear when he turned around and watched the other’s furious eyes.

                     

They went out of the bathroom and Hyukjae sighed deeply, letting Kyuhyun drag him with his hand in his waist and just looking down embarrassed for the trouble he caused. “He looked really angry, Kyuhyun,” he said softly.

                     

“It’s okay, there’s nothing he can do anyways,” Kyuhyun assured and Hyukjae simply nodded, it was the truth, they were now the most powerful couple, no one would dare to hurt them. “Are you okay? He didn’t hurt you?” he asked making Hyukjae turn to him and inspecting his face carefully.

                  

Hyukjae blushed lightly and shook his head. “I-I’m fine…,” he said looking down and Kyuhyun simply sighed in relief, dragging Hyukjae softly away from the party.

                    

The drive home was silent. Kyuhyun could sense Hyukjae was still tense from the scene moments ago and probably ashamed, even when he didn’t have to. Kyuhyun already knew, what kind of person director Jung was, and he knew too, that he used to molest the secretaries, but they shut up afraid of being fired. This time he finally had an excuse to fire him.

                    

Kyuhyun sighed deeply. “Why is it you always have this kind of trouble?” he asked. “Everyone is trying to get all over you!”

                     

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “The fact that you think that I’m not pretty doesn’t mean everyone does,” he said. “I’m actually a really desirable person!”

                    

Kyuhyun chuckled and took a quick glance to Hyukjae before focusing again in the road. “Well, I’m more in the side of the theory that you drug them,” he said stopping in a red light and turning to Hyukjae only to see his pout. “Or maybe they just have a really bad taste in people.”

                    

Hyukjae gasped and frowned. “Yah!” he exclaimed pouting. “You should consider yourself lucky for having me here! Hundreds of people are envying you!”

                    

“Of course they envy me, I’m handsome, smart and rich,” Kyuhyun said chuckling at Hyukjae’s cute expression.

                    

“Jerk…,” Hyukjae mumbled crossing his arms over his chest and just looking to the front.

                    

Kyuhyun smiled widely, because at least Hyukjae was a little bit more relaxed. “I’m not a jerk,” he said playfully. “I saved you from a ert!”

                    

Kyuhyun expected Hyukjae to yell back or to at least snort from disbelief, but when he looked at the other by the corner of his eyes, he noticed Hyukjae was only looking down.

                    

“Thanks,” Hyukjae said sincerely. “Really…”

                    

Kyuhyun smiled warmly. “Just don’t go away from me next time,” he said and Hyukjae nodded vigorously.

                    

“I won’t!” the smaller exclaimed childish.

                    

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Good.”

                    

They finally arrived home and once again, Kyuhyun opened the door for Hyukjae. “Well, you’re a gentleman,” the smaller said with a bright smile.

                    

“Did you even doubt it?” Kyuhyun asked closing the door when Hyukjae was out and walking side by side to the entrance.

                    

“All the time,” Hyukjae admitted opening the door and stepping inside.

                    

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “What?! I’ve been always a gentleman!” he exclaimed, realizing he was left behind for a few steps and running to catch up.

                    

“Just lately,” Hyukjae said shrugging. “I might have been wrong about my theory of you being the devil,” he admitted smiling softly to Kyuhyun.

                    

“At least you realize that,” Kyuhyun said contented with at least that.

                    

Hyukjae nodded. “You’re just the devil wannabe.”

                    

Kyuhyun gasped. “What?!”

                     

Hyukjae giggled. “Good night Kyuhyun,” he said before going to his room and lock himself in it.

                    

Kyuhyun pursed his lips in anger. “Wannabe?” he asked himself. “That’s even worse than being the devil itself!” he exclaimed walking to his own room and thinking on ways to make Hyukjae change his mind again.

                    

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 


 

                        

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic.

Thank you all for reading and I guess I forgot to say HAPPY NEW YEAAAAAR! >.<

I love you and thanks for such a lovely year with you!