Ch. [18]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                  

Hyukjae woke up way too early that morning and sighed deeply, he wasn’t sleepy anymore so he better decided to go out for a jog. It’s been quite a while since he last went out to exercise and he even thought that he was getting fat, which would be totally nonsense because even if Hyukjae did nothing, he wouldn’t gain weight.

                  

The house was calm and he knew that Kyuhyun was still sleeping. He was careful not to make too much noise or else the devil would wake up and yell at him.

                  

When he came back Kyuhyun wasn’t home, he probably didn’t even notice Hyukjae wasn’t there.

                  

He sighed loudly, not really knowing what else to do. “I should get a work as well…,” he mumbled because seriously, being there was way too boring. He cleaned the house but still had plenty of time. At the end, Hyukjae decided to take a shower and then go to cook something for dinner, even when he knew that Kyuhyun would probably not eat there.

                  

“But I’m a good wife,” Hyukjae smiled. “He’s a lucky bastard and doesn’t even realize,” he said nodding for himself as he looked through the recipe’s book, one good meal that Kyuhyun would like.

                  

Hyukjae finally chose one and started preparing it, finishing just in time for Kyuhyun to arrive. This time he waited and he promised himself that if Kyuhyun didn’t arrive in half an hour he wasn’t going to wait anymore.

                  

Fifteen minutes passed and the door opened, revealing a looking tired Kyuhyun. “Ah! You came!” Hyukjae exclaimed happily, because he was hungry and finally he was going to eat something.

                  

“Yeah well, that’s pretty obvious, isn’t it?” Kyuhyun said rolling his eyes and Hyukjae pouted.

                  

“There’s no need to be rude,” Hyukjae said turning around. “Whatever, are you hungry?” he asked now with a soft smile.

                  

Kyuhyun sighed and shook his head. “I’m tired, I’ll go take a shower and then sleep for a few hours, I need to go to a dinner later tonight,” he said massaging his temple.

                  

Hyukjae smiled faintly. “Ah…,” he chuckled bitterly. “Then you should sleep…,” he said and Kyuhyun didn’t even wait for him to finish talking, he just went inside his room and didn’t come out once again.

                  

Hyukjae sighed loudly and went to eat all by himself, just like the day before.

                  

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                  

Hyukjae nodded as he heard the woman explaining what to do with the pork. It’s been two weeks already since they’re living together and he has been calling Heechul everyday to know which Kyuhyun’s favorite meal is or what the other doesn’t like. He ends up talking to the woman in charge of cooking who kindly and patiently explains everything to Hyukjae.

                   

“Got it,” Hyukjae smiled brightly. “Thank you!” he exclaimed happily.

                  

He hung up and started preparing the dinner, even when he knew Kyuhyun wouldn’t eat with him.

                  

They never had dinner together, not at home. Kyuhyun always has to work or go to a business dinner. But most of the time he just goes with his girlfriend and leaves Hyukjae to eat all by himself. Even if it is like that, Hyukjae has been preparing the best meals for Kyuhyun, just in case the latter comes hungry.

                  

He finally finished the dinner and went to change his clothes for more comfortable ones, already waiting for Kyuhyun. He waited and waited but Kyuhyun never came, he looked at his watch and realized it has been almost two hours after the hour in which Kyuhyun usually arrives. He checked his phone and there was no message or missed call from the taller.

                  

Hyukjae sighed. “Maybe he’s busy,” he said, even when he was almost sure that Kyuhyun was with his girlfriend having dinner together.

                  

That night Hyukjae slept on the couch waiting for Kyuhyun to come.

                  

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                  

Hyukjae woke up hearing the door open and he quickly turned towards the newly arrived. “Kyuhyun!” he exclaimed finally recognizing the figure. “Y-You just came?” he asked looking at the watch, it was already morning.

                  

Kyuhyun frowned. “Did I have to come early?” he asked and Hyukjae just looked down.

                  

“Of course not,” Hyukjae said turning around. “It could have been better though, if you go away like this every day.”

                  

Kyuhyun frowned deeper. “Well, I’m sorry but this is my house as well,” he said, annoyed that maybe Hyukjae didn’t want him near.

                  

Hyukjae frowned as well. “It doesn’t seem like it,” he said and stood up, going to his room and locking himself in it, seriously, why was Kyuhyun such an ?

                  

Sighing loudly, Hyukjae decided it was time for him to shower himself before going out to buy stuff for dinner. He then scolded himself because even if he prepared dinner, Kyuhyun wouldn’t arrive to eat it.

                  

After a few minutes, a knock could be heard in his door and he turned towards it. “What?” he snapped, loud and fierce enough as to tell Kyuhyun that he wasn’t happy at all.

                  

“Get ready, we’re having lunch with some clients and they want to meet you,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae heard when the other just walked way.

                  

“Idiot,” Hyukjae mumbled before doing what he was told, because truth was, he had no right to be mad at Kyuhyun. He sighed and chose the best clothes he had.

                  

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                  

Hyukjae smiled softly as he was told a supposed-to-be-funny story about boats and fishes. “This is really boring Kyuhyun,” he whispered to the taller’s ears as they both sat side by side in the table, the smile still in his lips.

                  

Kyuhyun faked a laugh as well. “I know,” he mumbled back.

                  

Hyukjae sighed and straightened his back, already tired of having to eat lunch with people he didn’t even know and even more tired of that marriage to keep on reminding him how pretty he was and how lucky of marrying someone as good as Kyuhyun.

                   

“If you excuse me,” Hyukjae suddenly stood up. “I’ll come in a minute,” he said with a soft and polite smile.

                  

Kyuhyun looked at him and smiled genuinely; because he was sure Hyukjae was going to somewhere where he could do actually something better than listening to old people.

                  

Hyukjae walked to the terrace and sighed deeply, finally some free air for his bored lungs. He started humming a slow ballad as he rested his body in the wood and looked the busy street calmly.

                  

After a few minutes, someone fixed himself by his side, resting his body as well in the wood. Hyukjae turned around and found Kyuhyun sighing deeply. “What happened to the client?” he asked turning once again to the street, people taking their dogs out for a jog and some others dragging their kids to school, he smiled at the view.

                  

“He had to leave,” Kyuhyun said. “His daughter needed his help and it was urgent, he said he was enchanted to have met you,” he continued and Hyukjae simply nodded. “You didn’t eat anything,” Kyuhyun commented after a few seconds.

                  

“I wasn’t hungry,” Hyukjae said shrugging.

                  

“Mh…,” Kyuhyun mumbled. “What about going for real lunch now?” he asked and Hyukjae turned to him, not believing Kyuhyun was that calm and friendly. “What?” Kyuhyun asked after a few seconds that he discovered Hyukjae looking at him intently.

                  

Hyukjae smiled brightly. “Nothing,” he said. “I’m hungry now.”

                  

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Let’s go,” he commanded turning around and going out from the place, Hyukjae following close with a huge smile in his lips.

                  

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                  

“How come you still don’t get used to dinners and parties and lunches with clients?” Kyuhyun asked they finished eating in a less expensive and much less luxurious place and now were in the car.

                  

Hyukjae looked up at him. “Well, I’ve only been in about three parties Kyuhyun, you can’t blame me,” he pouted and just shrugged.

                  

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “Really? Didn’t you go to like hundreds with your father when you were young?” he asked just taking quick glances to Hyukjae.

                  

Hyukjae looked at him and smiled. “We were really poor before, I couldn’t even dream in having those kind of parties,” he said and Kyuhyun didn’t know what he should say or do, because certainly, he didn’t know much about Hyukjae’s life. “I didn’t even know they existed!” he laughed softly.

                  

Kyuhyun stopped at a red light. “But then you weren’t poor anymore, so how come you didn’t go to those meetings?” he asked and Hyukjae’s smile became gentle and light.

                  

Hyukjae sighed. “Well, after my dad founded the company, I was really little so my parents didn’t want to take me with them…,” he said and Kyuhyun gulped nervously when he saw, by the corner of his eyes, how Hyukjae’s smile faded slowly. “Then my mom died…”

                   

Kyuhyun gulped nervously. “I’m sorry…,” he mumbled, now regretting the fact that he even asked.

                  

Hyukjae turned to him and smiled widely. “Don’t be, I loved my mom and she loved me,” he said softly. “I know my dad loved her as well. We were one happy family,” he chirped.

                  

Kyuhyun smiled weakly and drove off when he saw the green light.

                  

“After my mom died,” Hyukjae continued. “I went to live to France with my dad’s old friend, and when I turned eighteen, my dad asked me if I would be okay all by myself and when I said yes, he sent me to everywhere for my studies… I traveled quite a lot around the world but never came back. I only had him anyways,” Hyukjae shrugged. “But dad used to go to me instead of me coming, so I never actually went to any of those… parties and stuff…,” he explained.

                  

Kyuhyun nodded and bit his lip. “Can I ask something?” he asked lowly.

                  

Hyukjae smiled. “Of course,” he said and Kyuhyun gulped.

                  

“H-How did your mother died?” Kyuhyun asked, not sure if he should even know or not, truth, Hyukjae was his wife, but they weren’t even close to a real marriage and he even demanded the other to never ask about himself and now he was there, craving to know more.

                  

Hyukjae’s smile went away and he turned to look through the window. “She was sick,” he said. “After having me, she had this strange disease that killed her little by little… at the end she couldn’t stand it anymore and she said goodbye to us when I was ten…,” he smiled again, gently and slightly. “The day she died… she told me that she loved me the most in his life and that she was going to take care of me from the sky… I don’t remember her sick or weak… she was always smiling because she was always happy…”

                  

Kyuhyun turned towards Hyukjae lightly and he smiled gently. “So that’s why you went away from here?” he asked, and he knew he shouldn’t, but it was amazing how Hyukjae’s eyes changed with every word he said.

                  

Hyukjae hummed in agreement. “Well… I was sad…,” he chuckled. “But if you think I felt guilty I didn’t!” he exclaimed now with a bright smile. “I loved my mom and she loved me, I brought her happiness and she said that that happiness was worth her pain,” he nodded. “My dad also loved her so we never blamed her death on ourselves… I was just sad and dad decided it was better for me to distract my mind going to somewhere else…,” he explained and Kyuhyun stopped again in a red light, almost reaching their destination.

                  

“You’re interesting…,” Kyuhyun chuckled. “Most people would blame themselves for something like that and you instead smile and say that your mom loved you,” he laughed softly and Hyukjae giggled.

                  

“Of course,” Hyukjae said. “It’s sad though… you should have seen her!” he exclaimed happily. “She was the prettiest woman EVER!” he yelled excited. “And when she danced… ah… she was perfect! That’s why I’m a dancer… she taught me that the body can speak and laugh and cry…”

                  

Kyuhyun smiled as he parked his car outside their house. “I wish I could have met her…,” he said now finally being able to turn towards Hyukjae who didn’t seem to notice they were finally there.

                  

Hyukjae scoffed. “You would have probably fallen in love with her,” he said nodding for himself.

                  

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Then she was probably exactly the opposite of you,” he said and he laughed at Hyukjae’s confused face. He laughed even louder when Hyukjae realized what he meant and opened his eyes widely.

                  

“YAH!” Hyukjae pouted, crossing his arms over his chest because seriously? What happened to Kyuhyun for being so… weird. “Are you drugged or something?” he asked.

                  

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Just go out of my car, I’ll pick you up at seven, mom wants us to have dinner with them,” he announced still trying to content his laugh.

                  

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “It isn’t a party right?” he asked hopefully.

                  

Kyuhyun smiled at him. “No,” he said. “It’s only my parents, your father and that annoying and frustrating guy-”

                  

“Siwon,” Hyukjae glared at him.

                   

“Whatever is his name,” Kyuhyun said shrugging. “He’s coming as well I guess, so get ready, I’ll come to pick you up.”

                  

Hyukjae smiled and nodded. “I’ll see you later then,” he said opening the door and stepping out. “Bye!” he waved his hands and Kyuhyun chuckled before waving his hands back and driving off.

                  

Somehow, Hyukjae didn’t seem to be a stranger anymore at Kyuhyun’s eyes, he seemed to be a perfect human being with a perfect smile and even a perfect set of mind.

                  

Kyuhyun chuckled for himself, alone in his car. “And I thought he was mad at me…,” he smiled. “I guess he forgot…”

                  

It wasn’t even hard to be decent with each other anymore. Maybe, if Kyuhyun tried, they would become really good friends.

                  

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 


 

                        

A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~

Hehehe so I think they’re being civil with each other from now on~

Thanks to my beta and thank you all for reading and commenting!

I love youuuuuuuu~ *kisses you all* ♥