Ch. [74]

In My Arms

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Are you sure it’s not a dream?” Siwon asked as he guided them towards a certain area of the hospital.

 

Kyuhyun frowned, guiding Hyukjae long with him by the waist, gently. Truth was, he was also doubting about it. He wasn’t sure if he dreamt about it, if it was a hallucination or if it was actually real. “I think it was real,” he finally decided to say. “But nowadays, I don’t have an idea of what’s real and what’s a dream…”

 

Siwon nodded, sighing softly as he looked how Hyukjae walked steadily. He was as empty as the last weeks, so much that he was still insecure of Kyuhyun’s words. Hyukjae reacting to something could be a huge step to know how they could help him, but then again, there was just a small possibility that everything they had been through was actually real. “So you want to confirm it like this?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed softly, looking at Hyukjae who was walking by his side. It was as if Hyukjae was just simply obeying without anything else in mind. He didn’t want to think or act, just go with the flow. “Because I’m actually not really sure if I was just assuming things or if something really happened that we have no idea…”

 

“Did you send someone already?” Siwon asked, opening a door for them to step in.

 

Kyuhyun nodded and looked at Siwon. “I need to find out what happened in that place. Who’s the one buried in there and if it was like that… I want to know who was the one who did this to him. I won’t let them go this time, Siwon, I really won’t.”

 

Siwon looked at Kyuhyun. It was scary. It was the same way Kyuhyun used to glare when he first met him. It was a Kyuhyun who was determined and who was becoming soulless. And it was terrifying.

 

“What are you planning, Kyuhyun?” Siwon didn’t know if he wanted to know the answer or not.

 

“I’m going to kill the one who did this.”

 

Siwon gasped, stopping his tracks. “K-Kyuhyun-”

 

“This way, please,” a nurse came, indicating Hyukjae where he should go.

 

Kyuhyun and Siwon stayed out as the studies were made, and they would have the results just in a few minutes. “Don’t be so extremist,” Siwon finally said after a few minutes of silence.

 

Kyuhyun sighed deeply, resting against the wall and closing his eyes tiredly. “You don’t realize it, right?” he chuckled bitterly. “Whoever took Hyukjae away, may have known he was pregnant… and if it’s our baby who died, then they killed it. I’m not going to stay sitting waiting for the cops to find the responsible. I’m going to do it all by myself and I’m going to make them know how much they’ve hurt Hyukjae.”

 

Siwon gulped nervously. “Isn’t going to prison until they die, enough?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled softly. “Oh, they’re going to jail until they die,” he opened his eyes. “I’m just making sure they don’t last too long in there.”

 

“Kyuhyun!” Siwon was getting alarmed. “Don’t talk like that!”

 

And then he saw his eyes. Kyuhyun’s eyes were at the verge of crying. He was holding back his tears. He was about to answer when the door opened, the nurse only signaling Hyukjae to go out. “The results are out.”

 

Siwon and Kyuhyun nodded, both immediately going towards Hyukjae. Kyuhyun held his waist and kissed his temple, and Siwon held his hand and kissed the back of it lovingly.

 

Walking into the doctor’s office, they watched a small screen. Kyuhyun knew Siwon didn’t need to be explained things, but he did, so the doctor was looking at him.

 

“What we see here,” he pointed at a small grey stain in the screen. “It’s the remains of a tissue that only grows when a person has been pregnant before.”

 

Kyuhyun gulped down the knot in his throat.

 

“Something else we can know from looking at this image,” Kyuhyun glanced by his side at Siwon, how the other was just looking down, holding Hyukjae’s hand firmly, almost at the verge of crying. “Is that there’s trauma in the natural tissue, which means there was something that was introduced or taken out by the force. Further than there, there’s no way to determine if the baby was born alive or not.”

 

Kyuhyun looked down and closed his eyes to calm himself, holding onto Hyukjae firmly. The images of Hyukjae in front of an unnamed gravestone came to him and he couldn’t help but sob quietly.

 

The doctor went out from his office, giving them a few time alone to think about whatever was bothering them. Kyuhyun was sobbing, breaking down, remembering the terrifying image of Hyukjae crying. “I’m sorry…,” he whispered slowly.

 

Hyukjae was only sitting there, as if nothing was happening in there, as if he heard nothing. Maybe it was actually like that.

 

Now Kyuhyun and Siwon understood why Hyukjae decided to shut down into his own self.

 

They were trembling. None of them could even look up from the tears sliding down their cheeks. They held onto Hyukjae firmly, maybe too tight, but Hyukjae never rejected them. How much did Hyukjae suffer? How much did he have to go by himself? How lonely must he have felt all those months.

 

Kyuhyun felt how his heart was pounding harshly against his chest, hos his sobs were louder and even more painful than before. He wanted to die. He wished he could be the one going through all of that instead of Hyukjae. He wished he could erase it all. He wished he could help.

 

But he couldn’t.

 

And it hurt.

 

A lot.

 

“I’m sorry…,” Kyuhyun took his free hand to cover his face. He didn’t have the right to face Hyukjae, not when he wasn’t there to protect him. “I’m so sorry…,” his words weren’t even able to go out louder than a simple whisper, getting stuck in between sobs and cries of pain.

 

Siwon wasn’t any different, silently crying as he tried his best to look away, feeling useless at the thought of Hyukjae suffering.

 

The feeling of impotence was overwhelming. Kyuhyun could feel his body getting weak and although he wanted to turn to look at Hyukjae, he knew the other was only looking to the front, not even focusing on something but himself.

 

Siwon didn’t even notice the slight squeeze of hands that Hyukjae gave him. And Kyuhyun didn’t realize the way Hyukjae was looking at him. Even if it was just for a second. None of them noticed that Hyukjae was also sad, and that he was suffering because the two males he had by his side, were breaking down because of him.

 

It took them almost an hour to calm down, and as soon as Kyuhyun came back to himself, he hugged Hyukjae, and apologized endlessly to him.

 

Hyukjae wasn’t listening anymore.

 

Yet, they both promised to make everything better for him.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“What?” Hankyung frowned deeply at the paper in front of him.

 

“WHAT?!” Siwon, in change, wasn’t that calm and collected. “WHAT THE IS THIS?! KYUHYUN!”

 

Kyuhyun threw a glare at Siwon for the taller to shut up before looking back towards his father. “I quit.”

 

Hankyung closed his eyes, slowly massaging his temples. “Kyuhyun, what are you even doing?”

 

“Yes! What are you doing! That’s Hyukjae’s father’s company!” Siwon was the most surprised out of the four males in the room.

 

“I’m giving it to you,” Kyuhyun said in a low tone, glancing towards Hyukjae who was steadily standing by his side. “Just for a while. I’ll come back and keep on working...”

 

“What am I supposed to do with it?” Hankyung frowned deeply. “It’s yours, not mine. It’s hard already managing just one company, which actually, will be yours later, so don’t give me headaches now and stop your nonsense.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed softly. “I’m leaving the city,” he declared. “I’m going out to live in the countryside,” he held Hyukjae’s hand softly. “Just with Hyukjae.”

 

Siwon gasped. “NO WAY!”

 

“What?” Everyone turned their heads to the door. Heechul was there, as dangerous as she always seemed to be. “Repeat that again to me,” she dared, glaring at Kyuhyun firmly.

 

Kyuhyun frowned in determination, holding Hyukjae’s hand as if his life depended on it. “I’m leaving… for a few months,” his voice was so firm that Siwon could swear he wasn’t fearing Heechul just in front of him.

 

“Why?” Heechul frowned, glancing towards Siwon who just looked down. Only they knew the reason.

 

Kyuhyun stood silent and Heechul frowned deeply. “Kyuhyun,” she called dangerously. “Why do you want to leave?” She turned towards Siwon. “You, tell me.”

 

Siwon looked up and gasped, turning towards Kyuhyun for help. “I-”

 

“I just have to,” Kyuhyun sighed. “Mother, it won’t even be for too long… Just a few months.”

 

Heechul stood silent for three entire minutes, looking at Kyuhyun, piercing him with her eyes. “Alright,” she finally said.

 

“What?!” Hankyung stood up. “Chullie, are you agreeing with your son’s nonsense?”

 

Heechul glared at Hankyung. “Are you just yelling at me?”

 

The silence was way too tense. “N-No…,” Hankyung massaged his temples. “Heechul, my dear, do you know how hard it will be for me to manage both companies?”

 

Heechul smiled. “No,” she replied playfully. “But Siwon can help, I guess. He looks smart.”

 

Siwon gasped. “I’m just a doctor!”

 

“See? He’s smart,” Heechul smiled. “I just came to take Hyukjae to lunch, Kyuhyun can tag along,” she held Kyuhyun’s wrist. “Let’s go, leave these gentlemen to work out their business.”

 

They were out already, going down the elevator. “Why did you agree?” Kyuhyun asked, now nervous as he held Hyukjae firmly.

 

Heechul sighed and dedicated her son a gentle smile. “There’s a reason you want to leave. You don’t have to tell me, because I know you just want to help Hyukjae,” she chuckled. “Just make sure it works or I’ll cut your balls.

 

Kyuhyun gasped and gulped nervously, nodding absent mindedly as the doors of the elevator opened and Heechul went out gracefully.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Siwon and Hankyung were left with no words as the three disappeared, leaving them alone.

 

Siwon turned towards Hankyung and smiled softly, looking down at his watch. “Oh god, look the hour!” he exclaimed, laughing nervously as he pointed at the door. “I have a surgery, so I may have to leave now and-”

 

Hankyung glared at Siwon furiously. “We’re both into this,” he said dangerously. “Sit down, you need to learn something about business.”

 

Siwon didn’t know the hell he was about to go through, but he knew he didn’t want to stay there. “I’m sorry I have to go!”

 

That day, Siwon could save his , but he knew, it wouldn’t take too long for the father of the devil to find him.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• 




A/N: I just wanted everyone to know that I felt really great for everyone's support. I'm sorry I had been taking too long to update (Hospitals are me in, I swear), but I'm back and I couldn't be happier because of it. Thanks to all those who are still reading this and for those who waited for me! I really appreciate it and I promise I'll forever do my best for you!

Quick update before my parents take me out from home TT^TT

I love you all! <3