The SpartAce Has Ended

The Jackal Is Coming To Running Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook chuckled, knowing how impossible it sounds to rewind the time and change the reality just the way he wanted. Of course if that can be done, he's more than willing to sacrifice anything just to be a better man for his family. But all that was just an empty talk, to which the Commander nonchalantly replied, "That's unlikely to happen, ahjussi. No matter how hard I wish for it.. I can never go back to the past. So all I can do is to is to live in the moment and start to appreciate what I already have."

 

"But once you've lost what you currently have.. will you take the chance to undo everything?" the old man kept asking similar question, which triggered curiosity to the Commander. It got awkward to continue with the topic, hence Jong Kook decided to stop the conversation by plainly saying, "Well if it's about my wife or my kid.. I would never hesitate to give up my own life if I have to." The old man nodded and patted lightly on Jong Kook's shoulder, "Then hold on to your words, my son. The nature is listening to those who are kind.. but it will always demand for 'an equal price' in order to bring back the balance into this world."

 

Honestly he didn't understand the point that the old man was making, but Jong Kook pretended that he did. Remembering that he had left his family at the campsite for more than 20 minutes, the Commander excused himself and bid goodbye to the mysterious old man. He continued to walk for another 10 minutes to reach his car - grabbed everything that he needed and hurriedly went back to their campsite. Somehow Jong Kook had a bad feeling that something unpleasant was about to happen, and his fear became real when he heard Joongji crying out loud just a few steps ahead of him.

 

"Omo.. Joongji! Joongji wae geu rae?!" Jong Kook rushed to get to his child, and found the little girl soaked in tears next to her unconscious mother. There's blood dripping from Ji Hyo's lips, and it seems like she wasn't breathing. Spontaneously Jong Kook dropped everything in his hands and ran to his wife - pillowed her head on his leg and patted her cheek as he called her name several times. There wasn't any respond from Ji Hyo, to which made her husband became panic and disoriented. "Andwae.. andwae! This can't be happening.. I can't lose you again. Jaebal!" he screamed like a mad person as he cuddled her tightly against his chest.

 

The Commander couldn't feel the heartbeat of his wife. He wiped off the blood stain on her lips, then attempted to perform CPR on Ji Hyo although he wasn't sure how it's being done. "Breath yeobo.. breath! Don't give up on me.. you can't just leave us like this!" Jong Kook burst into tears when he failed to revive his wife after several trials. Joongji was still crying next to her parents, unable to brush off the fear of watching her mother dropping unconsciously to the ground after she coughed out blood right in front of her very eyes. Both father and his daughter were not prepared for a sad goodbye, so they kept on praying for a miracle to happen.

 

If it wasn't because of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter