Jackal Won't Give Up

The Jackal Is Coming To Running Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He didn't mean to take advantage of her situation, but the thought of losing the one you love made Jaejoong threw his arms around her and held the woman tightly in his cuddle. Crying was inevitable, although he's a man with pride. Only for Ji Hyo, his heart became vulnerable and fragile right after he learned that her time on earth was very limited. "Jaebal.. don't speak as if there's no hope left," he said while sobbing uncontrollably on her shoulder. The actress was frozen by his reaction - not expecting that Jaejoong would be so deeply affected by the bad news that she's been keeping as her secret.

 

She patted lightly on his back, trying to console him just like she did to her daughter. Though it was odd for a grown man to cried in a woman's arms, but this was totally an exception. "Gwaenchana.. I already accepted my fate. So you should too. Be strong for me and my family.. can you?" Ji Hyo requested, although it wasn't an easy thing for her to say it. They broke the cuddle and exchanged a deep stare for a long minute - searching for an answer within each other. Then he cupped her face in his hands, observing every inch of her facial features that were eaten by time and her silent illness. Nevertheless she's still pretty to him, but it's obvious that Ji Hyo wasn't in her best condition. The actress was half fit than what she used to be and that broke his heart.

 

"Noona.. I did a research and found the best doctor in America who is an expert in lungs infection. Let's fly there and seek treatment from him.. shall we?" he pleaded, but the actress politely declined his kind intention. "How can I go when my family is here? I already know how serious my condition is, Jaejoong. So there's no point for me to fly anyway," she answered nonchalantly. The young man was about to rebut when Joongji called for her mother. Afraid that her child might find out the truth from him, Ji Hyo turned to Jaejoong and said, "Remember.. don't say anything about this to my daughter. She's too young to understand it."

 

Jaejoong could only watched Ji Hyo faking her happiness as she answered her daughter, and forced himself to smile in front of the innocent child as the two of them came out from the room. The young man bended over and playfully tousled the little girl's hair with his hand, "Omo.. my sweet angel has woke up! You must be hungry, right?". For a moment, Jaejoong had his eyes fixed on Ji Hyo's daughter. Joongji really carried the Ace's features - wide forehead, round eyes and the sweet smile that melted his heart. Maybe her birth was indeed a gift - to remind everyone of her beautiful mother (once she's gone) and how special she is as a person.

 

The three of them were having lunch together, but only Joongji was talking excitedly as the two adults were still clouded by the conversation that they had. Jaejoong tried to make eye contact with the actress, yet she avoided him as much as possible. Fortunately Joongji was too clueless to understand the cold reacti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter