A Surprise For The Jackal

The Jackal Is Coming To Running Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Curiosity made all the speakers blindly followed the footsteps of the crowd to another event hall located at one level higher than the original venue for the press conference. They arrived at a ballroom which already filled with reporters and cameras, but the one thing that caught everybody's eyes was the woman who seated alone on stage - staring calmly at the audience who was extremely excited to see her face.

 

"Mwo.. Song Ji Hyo? What is she doing there?" Jong Kook himself was confused seeing his woman taking the center of attention, when she was supposed to be presence at the press conference that has been organized by the Running Man PD. The fact that he knew nothing of her plan made the Sparta felt uncomfortable and hopeless as a man. He feared that Ji Hyo decided to fight their battle on her own, when the current situation needed them to always be there for each other.

 

Bowing her head to the audience, Ji Hyo casually began her speech, "Annyeonghaseyo. I know that this is a very last minute invitation to all of you.. so please accept my sincere apology and thank you for being here. As you can see, today I am all by myself.. without Jong Kook, Jaejoong or whoever you have in mind that you think should be here at the front. Well let me be frank about it. I'm not here to satisfy anyone by saying the things that they want me to say.. or do what they expect me to do. My intention is merely to speak the truth, to help you understand what I've been going through for the last few days.. and to make a confession in front of everyone."

 

She paused for a second to drink water from her glass, but people were already raising their hands to ask some questions. Ji Hyo simply refused to take any of those and just proceed to give her statement, "Please allow me to explain to you about the rumours and you may share your concern at the end of my speech if it has not been addressed. I know many of you have read or written stories about my relationship with Jaejoong.. and to certain extent describing my connection to Gary and Kim Jong Kook. Well some of them were based on facts, but mostly were shaped by assumptions to satisfy fans with wild gossips. Though I admit that Jaejoong and I were closed back then when we worked together as co-stars in a movie called 'The Jackal Is Coming', but that was it."

 

The actress noticed the way Jaejoong was gazing at her, yet she remained calm in her speech, "Our chemistry is purely for the work that we do.. and I adore the way he display his emotion as my partner and a loyal supporter. However, it doesn't mean that I have fallen for him beyond the movie character. There's no doubt that many females are dying to get his attention, which made me flattered that he chose to share those beautiful moments with me. Jaejoong is definitely a guy who knows how to love a woman, but he's not the one who captured my heart.."

 

She took a deep breath, then took her time to say, "I.. will never be able to see him more than just a good friend and a dongsaeng of mine. Miana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter