Goodbye, Jackal

The Jackal Is Coming To Running Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She's wearing a beautiful white dress, while he's in a full white tuxedo. They were seating at a table for two - facing each other, as if attending a blind date set by a matchmaker. There were glasses of white wine served for the two people, but none of them has touched the drink. Strangely, they both felt that it's not the main reason they were brought to that place.

 

It was a total silence as no one else can be seen except the couple in their white attires. The guy's eyes were fixed on the lady while a soft smile appeared on his face, but that wasn't the case for her. She was more curious of their whereabout, as it's her first time being there. The floor was so foggy that their feet were carefully hidden within the cold mist, and the room was literally too big that no wall was visible to the eyes.

 

"You look beautiful.. like you always do," Jaejoong complimented his partner who seems nervous to be alone with him. She didn't reply to his words, instead Ji Hyo just stared at the floor as if avoiding from his deep gaze. Honestly she thought it's weird for her to seat there with Jaejoong and not Jong Kook, but the actress couldn't remember how she got there in the first place. Her memory was so blurry that nothing of those make sense to her.

 

In the moment of silence, suddenly Jaejoong's song "Healing For Myself" was heard in the background. Ji Hyo spontaneously gave the young man a 'what-is-going-on' look on her face, which made him chuckled at her confusion. "It's the song from our movie together. Don't you remember?" he asked her and she replied, "I know that. But what are we doing here and what's with the song?"

 

"I guess we're both cursed by the lyrics. It's something that I shouldn't write for you.. and now we're coming to this end," he let out a heavy sigh.

"What do you mean?"

"I know you're smart enough to understand the words, Ji Hyo. I've done everything possible to keep you as mine.. yet the ring never stays on your finger. You've returned it to me and declined my love because of Jong Kook, remember?"

"Mianada. I wish we don't have to hurt each other this much.. and I shouldn't let it happened in the first place. Maybe if I had been honest about my relationship with Jong Kook, we could have avoided this complicated situation."

He nodded, "Maybe.. or maybe I was destined for this unrequited love. I always believed that there's a reason for us to cross path with each other.. but I was too stubborn to accept my defeat."

"Love is not a competition, Jaejoong. Love is a gift. It should come naturally between the man and the woman. In our case, you can't just force me to love you when I'm not.. at least, not in this life."

"Then come with me. Stay here and we can live in our own world together. You don't have to go back to them, Ji Hyo. Let's focus on this eternal life building our relationship.. just you and me. We can learn to love each other and start something new. This is our only chance to make things right for us. We can be happy, Ji Hyo. Forever."

 

Then there was a long silence. Part of her was indeed tired of being the 'object' in the 'push-and-pull' game between Jong Kook and Jaejoong, that sometimes she felt like giving up fighting and let the Jackal win just to stop him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter