Searching For The Jackal

The Jackal Is Coming To Running Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honestly, he wasn't in the right state of mind to evaluate his options. All he knows is that Ji Hyo was still in the operation theatre - fighting for her life because a man named Kim Jaejoong made a stupid decision to pull that trigger. The pain that she went through can never be exchanged with forgiveness, even if the 'devil' was doomed by his own action. To Kim Jong Kook, Jaejoong shouldn't die that easily just by a gunshot. That rascal must survive the operation, so he shall live all his life regretting for what he did to Song Ji Hyo.

 

"I understand your concern, hyung.. but like I've said, there's no way I can forgive him and pretend that everything is fine. Like it or not, Jaejoong has declared a war between us.. so might as well I make him pay for what he did!" the Commander spoken. Jae Suk who was extremely worried that Jong Kook might be clouded with vengeance kept reminding him to think rationally, "Do you want Ji Hyo to regain her conscious and find you in jail?! Will you two be happy then?! Jong Kook aah.. jaebal. Listen to me as your hyung. Getting revenge will give you satisfaction, but the feeling is only temporary. The consequences however, will haunt you for the rest of your life."

 

The Commander just stayed silence. He looked at the faces of his love ones and friends - they were all impacted by the incident. Jong Kook now realized that he wasn't the only one who will be hurt if Ji Hyo doesn't survive the operation, but other people especially the Cheon's family will also be affected even more than him. Ji Hyo's parents need someone to be strong for their daughter, so Jong Kook decided to put aside his vengeance and focus on keeping the family together.

 

"Mr. Cheon.. Mrs. Cheon, mianhaeyo. I should have paid more attention to Seong-im and protected her with my life, but I was careless. Please accept my sincere apology," Jong Kook kneeled down in front of Ji Hyo's parents who were also drowned in tears. Instead of scowling at him, her father held the Commander's shoulders and made him stand on his feet again. "Don't blame yourself, son! We should be thanking you for taking care of Seong-im when we weren't around.. so please don't be too hard on yourself and let's hope for the best," Mr. Cheon embraced his future son-in-law like his own child.

 

Four hours later, the light on top of the operation theatre door went off and a doctor came out to share the status. "We have successfully removed the bullet, however the patient is still in critical state due to major loss of blood. We will need to prepare for the worst if she hasn't regain her conscious after three days," the explanation from the doctor made everyone broke into tears and consoled each other with a hug. They never thought that the situation was really bad, and now t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter