The Lim's Siblings

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

Cube Styling Room

Peniel start to roam around the styling room. He sure amazed with the styling room new color combination and lied down at the red big couch in the room. While playing with his Ipad, he heard someone open the door and instantly standing to give a bow.

"Omo, Peniel ya, what are you doing here?" I asked with a curiosity. It is quite rare to have the artist in the room since usually everything will be handled by their managers or stylist.

"Noona, I was bored and tired. Everyone is so loud and I cannot concentrate reading this Harry Potter e-book. I guess this is the most comfortable room at the moment," Peniel replied.

"I am surprised to see you here! You never come to this room before. Are you sure you okay?" I sat beside Peniel and offered him a bottle of iced water.

"Hmm. We have been too busy nowadays. Sometimes I miss my family especially my little niece and my parents. Since you are the closest family that I have here, I thought it will be good to come and spent some time with you," Peniel take out the earphone and placed it in the table. He opened one of the water bottles and drank it.

"I see. Well, there is something big that going to happen to me..,"

"Noona you are getting married?!" Peniel screamed.

"Anniyo Peniel-ya, I might got a big job after this. Let's celebrate together with every BTOB members if I got the job. I will cook 7 special dishes from what each of you guys want to eat and let's have a one day sleepover at our house. Since Hyunnie live at the BTOB dorm, you guys rarely come and visit me. We already renovated Hyunnie's room and it's big enough for all of you. Don't worry, okay?" I replied while smiling at Peniel.

"Wow, this is so great noona, thank you so much! I really hope you still can do the cooking even when you did not get the job. I really missed your cooking," Peniel teased me while giggling.

"Arasso. Now, go and have some fresh air. Come back with positive attitude. I know you can be better every day. You can drop by here anytime. Okay?"

Peniel replied with a nod and bow to me before he left them room. This moment make me thinking the previous time when they had misunderstanding with their team members and start to complain and share everything with me. And I really acted like their sister giving the long advices. These kids had grown up. Just like my Hyunnie.

I cleaned the table and started to review my Cube Family schedule. There's a lot of meeting that the sajagnim need to attend. Plus some of Cube artists had finished with their drama and musical theatre. There will be media conferences after they finished wih their shooting and it's my responsibility to dress them well to represent a good image of Cube.

"Sajagnim will be look good in this suit. And the 4 Minute, let see, ah this one with that bracelets and rings. They already wore something with this pattern last week, let me check what we got here," I mumbled to myself and start to immerse with my own job.

*Knock knock*

"Yes, come in," I went to the front area to see whose coming.

"Annyeong-haseyo. I want to return back the ring and bracelet that Gikwang-ssi wore during last media conference," one of the Beast stylist arrived with bundle of items.

 

"Annyeong. Well, it's quite late for him to return this item. This is a sponsored item thus it is our policy to return it back in time. Did something happen to him?" I took the ring and bracelet and recorded it in my log book.

"I'm not sure. But it is our fault for not aware with this situation. Gikwang-ssi thought that this is the gift from his fans to him. We forgot to tell him about this. Mianahae," the stylist bowed while apologizing to me.

I smiled back at her with an okay sign. I am not that strict if the accessories are Cube's but sometimes the sponsored company only want us to hold their products for certain number of days. Although I know that we already had a close relationship with most of them, but having a good attitude is still no 1 priority for me.

"Btw, how long have you been working with Beast team?" I asked her while arranging the ring into the box. I cannot be too obvious with this since I'm not sure whether I got the position or not.

"Only 6 months. The entire stylists team for Beast only worked less than 1 year. We always got help from the main stylist noona but she is moving away this week," she answered back.

"This week?! Wow it's fast. I'm not sure if I'm ready yet," I mumbled.

 "Pardon?" she asked out of the curiosity.

"Nothing, thank you, see you around," I replied while hitting my head for being loud.

I sighed and sat back at the couch. Being Idol stylist and being the Cube stylist is really different. My job now did not need me to attach with the idols all the time. I surely can give all my opinions without worrying their comments because the final decision will be made between the idol main stylists with the idol itself. I will only be fully in charge for big event celebrations especially event that includes the Cube Family as the whole team. However, being Idol's main stylist will need me to understand their preferences and attitude. I might have to work by their side all the time and even spending time with them like what I did with the BTOB kids. Knowing them is the only way to understand their style especially in terms of fashion.

It is not that I never worked with Beast before. I used to arrange their style for photoshoot and media conferences. However, I never deal with them directly and have intimate talk about their fashion and everything. We used to gather around during the company dinner but I bet not all of them recognised me well since there are many stylists in Cube. I am pretty sure that Dongwoon will know me since he likes to hang out with the BTOB kids and he also knew I am Hyunsik's sisters. But others might not know the secret yet since Hyunsik did remind Dongwoon to keep this as a secret.

 

Flashback

I remembered the first time Dongwoon came to our house with Hyunsik to have a vocal practice.

"Hyung, are you okay to come here? I left my notebook in my room, so we can have some vocal practice here too. Is it okay?" Hyunsik asked Dongwoon when they arrived our home.

"Gwenchana. I have nothing to do now. Plus we can have dinner together too," Dongwoon grinned to Hyunsik with his cheeky face.

"Kekeke hyung I know that you have hidden agenda! No worries you can even sleep here with me," Hyunsik key in the house password and opened the door.

"I'm home!" Hyunsik screamed and run towards the kitchen. "Noona I brought a company. Can you cook for us tonight," Hyunsik asked with his adorable puppy eyes.

"A company? Who is it Hyunnie? We don't have much in the refrigerator but I still can make something for you guys," I answered while cupping his face.

"Annyeong-haseyo," Dongwoon walked towards the kitchen and bowed. "Ah stylist noona? Stylist noona live together with you?!" asked Dongwoon with a high level of curiosity.

"Kekeke hyung. This is my sister. My real sister," Hyunsik grabs my hand. Now I’m standing in front of Dongwoon who looks really tall compared to me.

"Annyeong-haseyo. Hee Young imnida. Lim Hee Young,"

"And I am Lim Hyunsik," Hyunsik cut my words with his cheeky voice.

"Ya that's why you always look good at Cube. Your sister is Cube's stylist! Nice to meet you, Hee Young-shi. I guess we can be friends?" I laughed when Dongwoon address me as his friend

"Anniyeo Song-shi. I am a noona,"

"Wow you sure look young! Nice to meet you Hee Young-shi," Dongwoon added.

"Just call me noona. You are Hyunnie friends so you are practically my dongsae. Have fun here. I will cook something delicious," I smiled and they make their way to Hyunsik’s room.

  


Dinner Time

Dinner at that night went pretty hilarious. When Dongwoon started to tell funny jokes, both Hyunsik and I just cannot stop laughing. I cannot remember how many times Dongwoon rapping at the dinner table while Hyunsik take a role of vocal. No doubt for the title that Dongwoon got as the rhyme elephant. He really nails that.

Things get worst when Dongwoon teasing us whether we are sleeping or laughing. Both of us have eyes-smile and each time we laughed, it looks that our eyes is almost close due to the small eye that we have. Apart from that, seeing how my little brother mingle with others and learn from his sunbaenim makes me happy. That is one of Hyunsik dreams since he is a little boy; to learn as much as he can from the elders and to be good in singing.

I went to the kitchen to take out the tiramisu cake that I made. It is our family favourite since our mom operated a cake shop back in our hometown. I took three desert spoons from the drawer and put it at the side of the cake. Hyunsik and Dongwoon focusing on Dongwoon’s phone before showing it to me as I approached the dinner table.

I placed the tiramisu in front of them and look at the picture. It is a picture of Beast during their debut day.

“Noona, if you become our stylist back then, we must be looking good like when this BTOB kids debut,” Dongwoon pause before continuing. “Aigoo noona, this tiramisu is so good!”

“Hyung, this is our Eomma recipe and our family really like it. Noona is the second best baker after Eomma,” Hyunsik added.

“Hyunnie ya, don’t be too humble. Even you know how to bake!” I chuckled. “But Dongwoon, I did not come to Cube yet during your debut time. You guys sure my sunbaenim too,”

“Then will you call me oppa?” Dongwoon jokes with me.

“Neh, oppa,” I play around with Dongwoon jokes.

“Noona. Don’t do this. I cannot take it!” Hyunsik warned me.

We continued the conversation happily. Dongwoon shared his debut story with me and how he really into Japanese language nowadays. Hyunsik brag on how our family can speak Chinese well in front of Dongwoon and Dongwoon start to reply back in Japanese. I laughed so hard when I heard one side speaking in Chinese and another side replying in Japanese. Both of them sure understand both languages well when they can respond back confidently.

I offered Dongwoon to sleepover at our house that night. Dongwoon did not agree at the beginning but when Hyunsik begged him, Dongwoon decided to call his Manager first.

“Hyung, I will have a sleepover at Hyunsik house tonight. Is it okay? Neh, arasso. Noona, manager hyung will pick me up tomorrow morning at 4. I can enjoy the movie night with both of you tonight,” Dongwoon said while smiling back to both Hyunsik and I.

 


Picture credit:

https://btobupdates.wordpress.com

shopafterwild.blogspot.com

iluvkshop.blogspot.com

https://dn3pm25xmtlyu.cloudfront.net

www.gurupop.com