First Sight

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

Good Life studio

Junhyung opened the door and sat on his roller chair. No one was there since Tae Jo is in the middle of vacation with his girlfriend. Junhyung tried to breathe calmly and grabbed a can of cola from their mini fridge.

"Wait Junhyungie, don’t go overboard. Hee Young is Doojoon's crush. You need to stop now," Junhyung mumbled. "I can't do that to Doojoon. I am the one who supported him from the start,”

"But what I saw just now is perfection. Hee Young’s long hair, long legs. And that dance moves. Well, I never thought those BTOB kids dance routine can somehow turned into a y dance. Yeah, that Hee Young make it looks ier. It was y,” Junhyung mumbled.

"I swear to myself, I never felt anything like this since the last time I broke up with that girl," Junhyung scribble something in his notebook.

"! What was this?!" Junhyung tore the paper, crumpled it and threw it in the dustbin. “How can I unconsciously draw a heart like this?!”

"I can't do this. She just see me as a friend. Not more than that. Not more than Doojoon,"  Junhyung whispered.

Junhyung sat silently in his seat and tried to remember back what happened just now. He played random music from his computer and immersed in it. The inspiration suddenly came to his mind. He flipped the new page from his notebook and began writing.

“Na, na, na,” Junhyung humming along with the melody and without he knew it, the words that he wrote turned into a masterpiece lyrics.

 


Dance practice room

“Ommo noona! That was daebak!” Sungjae screamed.

All the BTOB kids stood up and clapped their hands like a bunch of seal.

“Wow, that was really impressive,” Eunkwang commented.

“See, this is my noona. We’ve been training to this choreo many times before,” Hyunsik bragged.

“I’m glad you guys like it! Ommo, suddenly I felt really embarrassed,” Hee Young covered her face with both of her hands.

“Don’t be! That was really good. Especially when you’re doing Eunkwang part,” Minhyuk added.

“ㅋㅋㅋ, should I retire from being a stylist to a choreographer now?” Hee Young laughed.

“No noona, that was not a good idea,” Peniel answered.

“ㅋㅋㅋ, I’m just kidding! I only know how to dance to this dance routine though. See I’m already tired now,” Hee Young replied with a smile. “Okay, I need to go now. Thank you everyone for your time,”

“You’re going home noona?” Hyunsik asked.

“Neh, are you coming back home tonight?” Hee Young brushed her hair using her fingers.

“Chakaman, chakaman (wait). I got a text message from Junhyung hyung. He wanted to meet with the composers team if you guys are free now,” Eunkwang suddenly interrupted.

“It’s you right Hyunnie? Together with Ilhoonie and Minhyuk?” Hee Young picked up her handbag.

“Let’s go together. Then I can just go home together with noona later,” Hyunsik smiled.

 


Good Life studio

* Junhyung POV *

* Knock, knock, knock *

“Yes, come in,” I shouted from inside. That must be those BTOB kids.

“Have a seat. I have something to ask you guys,” I keep my eyes focused on my computer screen.

“Hyung, is it okay if noona seat together with us?” Ilhoon asked.

“Du gu (who’s that)?” I turned around and saw Hee Young. “Uh uh hmm, Hee Young,”

“I’m sorry. Am I disturbing you guys? I can just wait at the BTOB office,” Hee Young explained.

“No no no, gwenchana. It’s not like you are strangers. Come in,” I pointed to another roller chair beside me.

It’s like part of my dream was heard by God. My impression to Hee Young now totally changed since I saw her just now with that y dance. Oh God, please. I need to keep my mind straight or else things will be more awkward for us.

Hee Young walked in front of me and I tried to speak to her like usual. But my lips are tightly sealed and I can’t even look her in the eyes. What happened to me?

“What’s up hyung?” Ilhoon asked.

“Uh uh. Neh. Actually, I want you to look at some of the lyrics and music arrangement that I made. Can three of you, review it and give some comments?” I assigned three of them.

“Sure,” Hyunsik took the music sheet and I focused back on my computer.

"Junhyungie," Suddenly Hee Young called me with her soft voice.

"Wae," I tried to control my voice.

"I'm not mad at you. Or even Doojoon. It just that I don't feel like I want to talk to him," Hee Young sighed.

"Hmm. But.. But you ignored me too. Wae?" I tried to make a poker face.

"You teased me with that silly chicken story which I don’t like it at all. I thought you claimed you’re going to back me up but you don’t. It’s not like what you promised before," I saw Hee Young sulked.

"Hey, don't say like that," I felt guilty towards Hee Young. Now I understand why she’s being cold for the rest of our time at Shenzhen.

"Doojoon was somehow mad at me. I don't know how to clear up the things. That's why I came up with that chicken story. I’m trying to give some hint to him," I clarified.

"Hmmm. Nevermind. Even I cannot understand what Doojoon wants," Hee Young replied before she put her hand on the keyboard beside her.

"Do you know how to play it?" I asked.

"I used to learn few music instruments before," Hee Young smiled at me.

Now I wondered what else that Hee Young has that can amazed me. Hee Young is really a special lady with a hidden gems. She is no doubt has a good sense in fashion, can swagly danced and now she even know how to play music instruments. I didn't realize that I was too focused in my imagination until Ilhoon patted me on my shoulder.

"Hyung, this chorus was good. But you lack of direction somewhere at the end," Ilhoon commented.

"Uh uh yes. My mind just stucked," I focused back on them. "What do you think of the melody?"

"Can you play it hyung? It sounds good but I wonder if it sounds better when we sing along with the lyrics," Minhyuk suggested.

"We didn't record a guide yet. But I can play on the chorus part using the keyboard," I stood up. "Oh wait, do you want to try playing it Hee Youngie?"

"Me? No! I'm not that good though," I saw Hee Young shyly blushed.

"Noona, this is just an easy chord. You know this," I heard Hyunsik supported my ideas.

"Arasso," Hee Young sighed before she took the music sheet from Minhyuk.

"Wait Hee Young. Are you sure you're okay? I can do it if it burdens you," I concerned. Well I don't want her to be apart from me like what happened to Doojoon.

"Don't worry," Hee Young smiled. "I might get few chords wrong. Bear with me,"

I make my way to the microphone stand. "I'm ready whenever you're ready,"

"Wow, not bad!" Ilhoon shrieked. "Noona, you even good playing the keyboard!"

"I told you," Hyunsik smirked.

"Just now you showed your dance skill and now this. Daebak," Minhyuk added.

"You dance?" I pretended not knowing the fact.

"Ya! You guys should comment about the lyrics and melody. Not about me," Hee Young tried to change the topic.

"ㅋㅋㅋ, okay so what do you guys think?" I giggled.

 


Junhyung house

I hugged Hyungnim on my arm and went to the kitchen. I already ate with Hee Young and the kids just now but I felt like want to have some ramyeon tonight. I put the boiled water in the ramyeon cup and brought it to the dining table.

 


Flashback

"Noona can we stop by at the restaurant first before we’re going back to BTOB dorm?" Ilhoon pouted.

“Dinner? What do you want to eat? What about others?” Hee Young asked them.

“I’m sure Jintaek hyung already picked them up,” Ilhoon answered.

“Let me call Jintaek oppa first,” Hee Young took out her mobile phone. “Oppa, where are you? Oh then I’ll drop them after we finished our dinner. Neh,”

“Can we go and eat?” Hyunsik asked.

“Kaja. I’ll drop you guys at the dorm after dinner,” Hee Young smiled. “Junhyungie, do you want to tag along?”

I was in the middle of shutting down my computer and I smiled when I heard Hee Young invited me to their dinner. I put my poker face back before I looked at her. “Is it okay if I tag along?”

“Of course. But since they’re too many idols with me now and we don’t have any managers in charge, let’s eat at the usual place. All right?” Hee Young suggested.

“Where is the usual place though?” I curiously asked.

“Ah. It’s the place where this BTOB kids usually eat. The seafood restaurant. Is it okay for you?” Hee Young concerned.

“Neh,” I smiled.

 


End of flashback

I stupidly smiled when I remembered those moments again. For me, tonight dinner is not a usual dinner. I never addressed Hee Young more than a friend before but since she got me right in my heart, anything that she did suddenly become a beautiful view from my eyes. The way she talked to me, the way she offered me her noodles, the way she laughed at my jokes, the way she stared at my eyes when she tried to focus to my stories, those small little gestures just make me fall even more for her. If she knew how I want to know her well, more than a friend, I will try my very best to like what she love, explore what she want and just be by her side all day long.

“Gosh, is this what people call love at the first sight, Hyungnim-ah?” I smirked and looked at Hyungnim.

Hyungnim brushed himself at my feet and my toes, as if he knows how happy I was today. How I wished I knew Hee Young first. How I wished I have the opportunity to approach her gentlemanly as Junhyung from Beast and not as Junhyung, Doojoon’s friend.

“Do you think I need to make a move Hyungnim-ah? Or should I respect Doojoon’s?” I embrace Hyungnim. Before Hyungnim barked at me.

Meong, meong, meong, meong

“OMG my ramyeon!”

 


Picture credit:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb9uE26iGG8

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

http://drawaheart.com/

http://fc00.deviantart.net