Drunk

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

The restaurant

Jiyong-oppa picked up both Doojoon and I from the restaurant before sending me home. Doojoon lied to Jiyong-oppa when he said Junhyung and Tae Jo are eating together with us before they need to leave in the middle of our dinner.

"How come Junhyung dare to leave both of you alone? Yoon Doojoon do you have no thoughts about your fans?" I heard Jiyong-oppa nagged.

"Hyung, Junhyung got an important stuff to do. Even Tae Jo need to go. This is not what we planned tonight," Doojoon lied.

"Hee Youngie, oppa know you only want to have dinner together with them but it will be good if you let me know about this first. See, it's quite late now. This is too dangerous for them. You should understand this better," Jiyong-oppa looked at me from the rear- view mirror reflection.

"Mianhae oppa," I apologized.

"Cheap gossips and scandals are the top things that I want this Beast kids to avoid now. They're busy with concert promotion and comeback. Please. In future, be more alert with this little stuff. People might misunderstood that both of you are dating or something," Jiyong-oppa continued. "Look, what's with that big flower bouquet?"

"Tae Jo bought it for Hee Young just now. To congratulate on her first Beautiful Show concert project," Doojoon cut it before I able to reply.

I remain silent at the back seat as I don't want to add fuel to the fire. I feel bit guilty for lying to Jiyong-oppa since Doojoon faked almost everything. My heart beat fast when Jiyong-oppa mentioned about dating gossip as if he knew that we are close.

"Do you want me to send you until up there?" Doojoon asked when we arrived in front of my house.

"No you can't Doojoon. Hee Young-ah, mianhae. I just don't feel good about this. Can you go by yourself? We will make a move when you safely enter the house," Jiyong-oppa stopped him.

"Arasso oppa, it's okay, I understand. Thank you for sending me home. Thank you for tonight Doojoon. Please send my regards to Junhyung and Tae Jo," I left the car.

 


In my room

I lay on my bed and looked at my mobile phone. There are no trace of Junhyung and it worries me. Although I was happy after spending time alone with Doojoon but I am looking forward to have dinner with both Junhyung and Tae Jo.

"Junhyung is the one who helped me to go through this," I mumbled.

I glanced at the flower bouquet on my dressing table. I smiled and let out a relieved sigh. Tonight is the most confusing and dramatic night I ever had since I worked with Cube.

 


Flashback

Our talk went up to one hour just because of my continuous drama in front of Doojoon. I can't remember how many times I cried, how many times I said sorry and how many times he tried to console me.

"No Hee Young, I was rude. I got carried away with my emotions," Doojoon looked at me.

"My jealousy makes things worse. There's nothing to be jealous off, and what most important, it's not your fault. It's me," I explained.

"You're jealous? Wae?" Doojoon asked.

"Because you ignored me. And stress from work. That was my first time working overseas with all of you. I thought I can rely on you but .." Doojoon put his finger on my lips, shutting me from continue talking.

"Mianhae. Please don't cry anymore. You know how much I love to see your smile," Doojoon smiled at me. "Let's eat something. On me,"

"Where is Junhyung and Tae Jo? I supposed to have my dinner with them," I asked him.

"Tonight is only us. Junhyung planned all this so we can clear up this confusion," Doojoon smile. "He is my wingman,"

I smiled widely and enjoyed our first so called candle-light-dinner at this small ramyeon restaurant.

 


End of flashback

I grabbed my phone and tried to call Junhyung. It was funny when my day tonight ended up with the same person who left me crying during meeting before.

"Aish, where is this guy," I hang up the call when it reached voicemail.

I decided to send a text messages to him and tried to think positive.

I went to have my warm bath and 20 minutes later I finished preparing myself to sleep.

"Did he reply my text?" I checked my phone but sadly there was no replied from him.

"Where is this guy? Is he went drinking or what?" I wondered.

Buzz buzz buzz

"Junhyungie!"

"Youngie-ah," Junhyung screamed.

"Are you drunk?"

"Odiga yo (where are you)?" Junhyung ignored my question.

"I just came back home. Are you okay?" I yelled as the background is so noisy.

"I don't know," Junhyung answered.

"Are you alone Junhyungie? Why did you left me?" I sat on my bed.

"When did I left you? You're the one who left me," Junhyung mumbled.

"I was waiting for you in the restaurant. But you send Doojoon instead," I explained to him.

"Is that what you want? Meeting him and not me?" Junhyung giggled.

"You're drunk. Please go back Junhyung," I advised. "Do you want me to call Jiyong-oppa for you?"

"...."

There's silent on the other side before I heard someone picked up my call.

"Hee Young, it's Tae Jo. Mianhae. Junhyung was drunk. I need to hang up," Tae Jo ended the call.

"Junhyungie, what happened to you?" I sighed.

 


Cube office room

Beast entered Cube building and put their stuff in the office. Jiyong bought few different kimbab, triangle kimbab, sandwiches and coffee for their breakfast. Doojoon picked up extra triangle kimbab and gave it to Junhyung who was busy tying his shoe laces.

"Komawo," Doojoon thanked Junhyung.

"Wae?" Junhyung opened the triangle kimbab.

"For that night," Doojoon munched his food.

"Is everything okay now?" Junhyung asked.

"Sort of," Doojoon gave a silly smile to Junhyung.

"So I guess both of you are on the right tracks now?" Junhyung paused. "My service is not needed right?”

“Anniyo. I still need you. We didn’t even declare anything but promise to be close with each other. Who knows if something bad happened again,” Doojoon pleaded.

“Aigo both of you are so troublesome,” Junhyung sighed.

“Sarangheyo Doojoonie. I will treat you with good food later,” Doojoon smiled.

 


Junhyung POV

After breakfast, we entered the band practice room with the band crew. Doojoon grabbed my hand and offered me a sit beside him but I said that I want to sit in between Dongwoon and Yoseob. I knew Doojoon feel grateful for what I did to him and tried anything that he could just to repay it back, but deep inside it will not be that easy for me.

I’m glad I chose to sit beside Dongwoon since we had so much fun laughing at each silly mistake that everyone did. I gave my all and enjoyed the practice with all my heart and soul. Singing will be one of my ways to let out my stress and anxiety other than composing songs.

“Hyung, can we have a break for few minutes? I want to go to the washroom,” Dongwoon asked the band hyung.

“Arasso, let’s have a break for few minutes,” He announced to everyone in the room.

“Hyung, you want to tag along?” Dongwoon looked at me.

“Why should I follow you? I don’t feel like I want to,” I replied.

“Palli wa,” Dongwoon dragged me out of the room.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Dongwoon suddenly asked me.

“I am okay. I had so much fun practicing just now. Can’t you see?” I smiled at Dongwoon.

He suddenly hugged me and patted on my shoulder. “Are you okay? You can tell me anything. I am your dongsae, right?”

I was startled. I tried to control my breath and replied back, “Song Dongwoon. I am fine. What’s wrong with you?”

“I got 5 hyungs in the group and I love each one of you. I’ve been together for more than 5 years with hyungs,” Dongwoon loosen the hug. “I knew Cola will make you feel good,”

Dongwoon walked towards the vending machine and bought me a can of Cola. “Here, for you. I want my hyungs to be happy,”

I took the Cola from Dongwoon and gulped it. I wondered what makes him asking me something personal like this as if he got an idea what's happening.

“Hee Young noona texted me many times before and keep asking about you. She said that you’re not okay. She asked me to look after you, hyung. But since you’re not coming back to our dorm, I cannot assure if you're really okay or not,” Dongwoon suddenly told me.

I almost choked and stared at Dongwoon. “Hee Young contacted you? Wae?”

“I wish I knew the answer. But when we have our practice today and you were smiling and laughing all the time, I am glad to know that my hyung is really okay,” Dongwoon paused. “Hyung, let’s keep smiling inside out. Can you?”

"Komawo Dongwoonie," I nodded and make my way to the practice room. I walked passed by Doojoon and sighed.

“How can I be happy when my happiness is not really mine?”

 


Hee Young POV

I just got back from the boutique and dropped the clothes in my car. I was so busy arranging Beast attires for Beautiful Show concert and picking up their sponsored shirts here and there. I was not able to drop by at Cube building at all for this few days and I even missed Beast full practice where I should able to plan the attire  flow during the concert.

Today I have to attend last minute meeting with Beast Public Relation department for their magazine interview and decided to meet Beast all together.

"Yobeseyo," I called Jiyong-oppa.

"Odiga yo Hee Young ah?" Jiyong-oppa asked me.

"In my car, just got back from the boutique," I paused. "Oppa, do they have free time today?"

"Their schedule is full today Hee Young-ah. Wae?" Jiyong-oppa replied.

"Anniyo. I need to have last fitting session with them before we could send everything to the concert waiting room. What about tomorrow oppa?" I explained.

"Tomorrow they only have short band and dance practice. What about in the middle of their rest time? How long does it take?" Jiyong-oppa asked me.

"I'm not sure oppa. Maybe one to two hours," I estimated.

"Oh I just remember. They will have different subunit practices during band practice. Maybe you can take turn and have a session with them individually. Is that will be easier for you?" Jiyong-oppa suggested.

"That will be good too. Komawo oppa," I thanked him.

"Are you coming back to the office?" He asked.

"Neh oppa. I will stop by later," I ended up the call.

 


Cube building

I walked upstairs towards Beast office but decided to stop by at Junhyung studio. I tried to call him a few times after that drunk incident but he ignored all my calls. Even he didn't bother to reply any of my text messages as if I did a huge sin towards him before.

Knock knock knock

"Come in," I heard Junhyung shouted from inside.

I opened the door and saw he was alone in the room together with loud music.

"Wait," He turned the volume down and look at me.

"Oh oh hmm," Junhyung stammered.

"You're not expecting to see me here?" I asked him.

"No, not like that," He focused back on his computer.

"I thought you guys have full schedule today," I closed the door.

"We're on break for one hour," Junhyung replied.

"Can we talk for a moment?" I sat on his couch.

"About what?" Junhyung turned his chair towards me with a sigh.

"Us," I answered.

“Before that, let me apologized for calling you that night,” Junhyung said.

“Is something wrong with you? Why did you left me that night? And what’s with that tantrum?” I looked at him.

“I’m drunk. You need to understand,” He sighed. “But hey you’re the one who begged me to help you. I cannot see you crying any longer. That’s why I setup the plan with Doojoon,”

“Komawo. But I’m looking forward for our dinner though,” I sulked.

“I don’t think we can have dinner together. What will Doojoon say?” Junhyung repositioned his glasses.

“What will Doojoon say? Are you misunderstood something?” I waved my hand in front of Junhyung. “We are just friend. Close friends for now,”

 


Junhyung POV

“Or couple,” I teased Hee Young.

“Ya! I thought you want to back me up,” Hee Young sulked.

“Aigo. I was so confused with both of you,” I sighed loudly.

“I need to go now. But Junhyungie, there is nothing to be confused. We are just close friends. So do us,” Hee Young stood up. “No more running away from me. Or I will hate you forever,” She left the room.

“And I will always love you,” I silently whispered.

 


Picture credit:

http://i1208.photobucket.com/

https://pbs.twimg.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgZYYODRno

http://cfile25.uf.tistory.com/