Catch Me

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

‘Queen Annes Lace’ house

The day that all BTOB kids awaited has finally come. We will have a dinner party tonight to celebrate Sungjae birthday although it is already 3 months after the date. Hyunsik insisted to do the birthday party because I already made a promised to cook something for BTOB kids to Peniel before and plus I am quite free these days. I heard someone rang the doorbell and run to the door. It was eomma worker with two whole cakes with another big box of groceries. I was so surprised because I already planned to bake some cake for Sungjae birthday today but since eomma already sent not one but two cakes, I then can focus on making other dishes.

I saw a note on the cake box saying "We are afraid that you won't have time to buy groceries so here is some for this week. Send our birthday wishes to Sungjae"

“Who is that noona?” Hyunsik came to the front area. He was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt and a track suit with a small towel on his neck.

“Eomma send cakes for Sungjae and some extra groceries for the house. I guess she really wanted me to cook many things for you guys,” I smiled.

“Of course! My noona can cook the most delicious food ever in Seoul,” Hyunsik replied and make his way to the gym room in the house to have his usual morning exercise with his favourite treadmill and dumb bell.

I laughed upon hearing the comment and put the groceries on the shelves. I can hear from the kitchen Hyunsik playing Beast songs; "Beautiful Night" and "Good Luck" as his exercise jamming songs. I looked at the cupboard to see what we can have for our breakfast.  I prepared small amount of cereal with fruits and milk for our breakfast.

I sat on the living room and turn the television on. Nothing interesting this morning so I switched to fashion channel. My mind was not on the television when I remembered Hyunsik condition yesterday. I was shocked to see he kept remembering the horror stories but I guess now I am more worried when Hyunsik keep blaming himself for what happened and it is not pleased for me to accept it. I've been living in such a negative ways after that incident but since I started working at Cube, my life is getting positive day by day.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

I heard my phone rang and I went to my room to get it. The call already ended so I slow down my pace before I heard it’s rang again. I rushed my steps and saw it is call from Doojoon. My heart beating really fast and many thought circling on my mind right now. Should I pick up the call or should I not.

"Yeobseyo," I greeted Doojoon.

"Annyeonghaseyo Hee Young-shi. Are you still sleeping?" Doojoon giggled.

"Anniyo! I was in the kitchen just now. Hmm how can I help you Doojoon-shi?" I defended myself.

"Why did you hang up the call yesterday? I was about to get mad before I realized you might be picking up the call while you are sleeping. Is it true?" Doojoon asked.

"Did you call me yesterday? I didn't get any called from you," I replied with a confused intonation.

"Ya this lady. You picked up my call but you didn't say anything. I guess I might be right kekeke," Doojoon laughed.

"Uh uh maybe. Do you have something to say?” I asked back.

“Anniyo. I just want to wish you a very good morning,” Doojoon replied with his cheeky voice.

My cheek blushed before I responded back “Well Doojoon-shi, I have many things to prepare right now. I have some dinner party tonight? Can we talk again later?"

“Dinner party? Why don’t you invite me to the party? Am I not invited?” Doojoon dragged the conversation.

“Anniyo this is not my party. It is my little brother. Hmm can we talk later?” I hurried Doojoon.

“Arasso arasso. Don’t pick up my call if you are sleeping or I will teased you forever,” Doojoon giggled before hanging up the call.

I sat on the chair and remembered back what Doojoon said. I opened the call log and saw many miscall from Doojoon last night. Surprisingly, among all of them, there is one call that been picked but the duration is less than 10 seconds. My heart beat faster. Did he call when I was in the middle of movie watching with Hyunsik? Did Hyunsik picked up the call? Is this the reason why Hyunsik cried last night?

I make my way to the gym room to see Hyunsik. If my assumption is true, I might be in big trouble for not letting Hyunsik knew about this thing at the first place.

"Hyunnie-ah. Do you want to have breakfast together? Noona already prepared some cereal with fruits," I calmly make my steps towards Hyunsik and turn down the music volume.

"Arasoo, can you wait for another 5 minutes noona? Let me warming down first," Hyunsik smiled.

"Allright, I'll wait for you in the dining area," I make my way there and take out my phone. I searched for Jintaek oppa Kakao and text him.

I look at the watch on the wall. I don't think I can wait for that long so I texted him back.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

I make my way to the living room at the farthest area from the gym room. I am afraid Hyunsik might heard our conversation and I don't want to add the guilt towards him anymore.

"Yobseyo. Yah Hee Young. How did Hyunsik react?" Jintaek oppa directly asked.

"He was crying last night. And he asked about my arm injury again. I just realized this morning that Hyunsik might have picked up Doojoon call yesterday. Otoke oppa. Can I just ask him directly?" I whispered.

"Hyunsik won't make any stupid move. I bet he also curious about this and will be disappointed if he got the news from someone else. Hyunsik never had bad times with Beast kids. Especially with Doojoon. What about you try to slow talk with him about this?" Jintaek oppa suggested.

"I'm thinking about the same thing too. But I just afraid that he will become that protective little brothers again and make stupid move that can affect his career. Just like before when we suppose to work together, do you remember that oppa?" I let out a deep sigh.

"No, Hyunsik won't do something stupid like before. He already matured now. Okay Hee Young. Oppa want to pick up the kids from the dorm. See you later," Jintaek oppa hang up the call and I make my way to dining area back.

Hyunsik just finished his workout session and joined me at the dining table. I poured some milk in his bowl and Hyunsik changed the channel to MTV music channel. I looked at Hyunsik facial expression. He was smiling and I felt really warm inside. Hyunsik is not a negative type of person. He always put a smile on his face unless something bothering him like what just happened yesterday.

After almost 10 minutes we had our breakfast, I decided to asked Hyunsik about the calls.

"Hyunnie-ah, can I asked you something?" I looked at Hyunsik with that sympathized gaze.

"Of course,  noona. Do you want to tell me the menu for tonight?" Hyunsik asked with a smile.

"Not about that. Well, perhaps, did you picked up any call from my mobile phone last night?" I structured my sentence nicely to prevent Hyunsik from getting mad.

There's a silent between both of us and I saw Hyunsik keep stirring his bowl before stopping and looking at me.

"Noona, is that guy is someone from our company?" Hyunsik asked with his soft tones.

I just nooded and try to hold his hand. I prepare myself to be ignored but unexpectedly, Hyunsik responded it back. He tightens our hands together before continuing his words.

"Is that hyung my sunbaenim?” Hyunsik asked again and I nodded.

“Well noona, I admitted that I was surprised with this but you need to know that I will protect you no matter what,” Hyunsik held my hand and pointing at that scars on my arm. “I won’t let anyone do something stupid to you anymore,”

“Hyunsik-ah. It is not up to that point. We're just friends. And that was the first time he called me. Don’t think too much,” I tried to convinve Hyunsik.

“Because I am not thinking before, you got hurt noona. I just don’t want that nightmare to happen again,” Hyunsik chuckled.

“No, nothing will happen. I will tell you everything if I am not feeling well. Or even if someone trying to hurt me, I will let you be the first one to know. Hyunsik-ah, listen,” I paused when I saw he hold his tears.

“Noona loves you so much. You are the reason why I stay up stronger than before. Thanks to you. But please, don’t worry too much. You have your own career that you need to focus now. I will always be here for you. And I want you to do the same thing to me,” I stood up and hugged Hyunsik.

“Just don’t leave me noona. It hurts so much to see you in pain while I was living my live happily,” Hyunsik tighten the hugs.

“Catch me nal kkwak jabajullae (Catch me, will you strongly catch me?)

Touch me neol kkok anajulge (Touch me, will you tightly hug me?)”

I serenade two lines from BTOB song, “Catch Me” and I realized how Hyunsik smiled back and he finished the song.

“Tteollineun geu ipsure (On your trembling lips)

Don’t let me go I’ll hold you so

Nunbusin dalbit arae (Underneath the dazzling moonlight)

No please don’t go I want you so”

“Just like what the lyrics said, just don’t let me go. You will always be my baby brother,” I kissed Hyunsik forehead, “Let’s clean up. Others will arrive soon,”

I went to the kitchen with the cereal bowl and Hyunsik hugged me from the back. “Noona, I really like Doojoon hyung. But if he hurts you even as a friend, I won’t let my guard down and I will find him!” Hyunsik threatened.

I laughed and feel so safe to have a protective little brother like Hyunsik. And I am glad that he was not mad with the fact that Doojoon contacted me. I took out my phone and clicked Doojoon name.

 


Picture credit:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media

http://s842.photobucket.com/user/salx

http://dgchaacicgqa5.cloudfront.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDj0r2jdHrE

http://currentincarmel.com/