Childhood Friends

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

Hawaii beach

This might not be the right time for me to talk. I can see how much Doojoon hurts from his eyes before he left all of us in the water. I wanted to loosen Hyunsik's hug but my legs felt really weak. All I want to do right now is probably crying and be alone.

“How come both of you are here too?” Tae Jo asked us.

“We are on holiday. Jintaek-hyung planned the package for us,” Hyunsik lowered his gaze to avoid his hyung's stare.

“I guess Jiyong-hyung also planned the same destination for us,” Dongwoon assumed.

“Shall we go back to our room?” Hyunsik asked me before I replied with a nod.

“Excuse us hyung. Sorry for what happened just now,” Hyunsik bowed again.

I gave a quick look to Junhyung and saw Junhyung looking at me with his confused face. There must be many questions lingering on Junhyung's mind right now. I let out a loud sigh and let Hyunsik hugged and dragged her to the hotel, leaving Junhyung and others with no answers.

 


That night

“Aigo Doojoon, you already start drinking. It's not the time yet. We need to have dinner first,” Tae Jo came to the living room area and saw Doojoon with bottles of beer.

“Hyung, let's go and eat first,” Dongwoon kneel down on his knees and put his hand on Doojoon's. “Kaja hyung,”

“I don't feel like eating,” Doojoon opened another bottle of beer.

“Ya, ya. Stop it,” Junhyung grabbed it and spilled some on Doojoon's shirt.

“Aish!!” Doojoon stood up but Dongwoon tried to held him.

“Dongwoonie. You and Tae Jo can go and reserve the place first. I'll come later with Doojoon,” Junhyung assigned both of them.

“Gwenchana?” Tae Jo asked.

“Neh, gwenchana. Palli, ka,” Junhyung pushed them out of the room.

Junhyung walked back to Doojoon and sat in front of him. Doojoon seems not in a good condition now.

“Wae?” Junhyung asked.

“....” Doojoon ignored Junhyung.

“You are not the only person who surprised with this. I am surprised too,” Junhyung sighed.

“I feel like I've been betrayed,” Doojoon cover his face.

“Yeah I know that feelings,” Junhyung took out his cap. “I am her friend. At least she can tell me that she has a boyfriend so that I don't look dumb each time I asked her to approach you,”

“If you look dumb then what am I?” Doojoon increased his voice.

“Calm down,” Junhyung opened a bottle of plain water for Doojoon.

“I am frustrated. For all these times she’s been hiding this. She can just tell me if she has someone. Is it that hard?” Doojoon drink the water.

“It's her privacy. We need to respect that. Hyunsik is Cube artist just like us and Hee Young working for Beast. They sure need to keep all these as secret,” Junhyung let out a small sigh.

“Argh!” Doojoon let out his anger.

“Kaja. Let's eat something good. Then we can continue drinking like there's no tomorrow,” Junhyung patted Doojoon.

 


Hotel dining area

“Gwenchana?” Hyunsik asked me when we entered the restaurant.

“Can we sit somewhere far? Maybe there?” I pointed at the corner of the restaurant.

“Neh, let's go,” Hyunsik held my hand and walked together towards the table.

“Noona, mianhae,” Hyunsik apologized when we already seated.

“Why Jintaek-oppa and Jiyong-oppa did this to us? I thought they know how much I want to protect our secret,” I looked at Hyunsik.

“Noona, just now Dongwoon-hyung sent me a text. They are coming to the restaurant. They want to meet us,” Hyunsik looked at his phone.

“Du gu? All of them?” I worried.

“Anniyo, I guess it just Dongwoon-hyung,” Hyunsik texted back.

 


10 minutes later

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Dongwoon and Tae Jo greeted Hyunsik and I.

“Hyunnie, you said it's only Dongwoon,” I panicked.

“Gwenchana. I already know about both of you. Jintaek-hyung already told me about that,” Tae Jo explained.

“Then did Doojoon and Junhyung know about this as well?” I curiously asked.

“No, I don't think so noona. It's only us,” Dongwoon sit together with us.

“Mianhae. That was our plan to have fun on the beach just now. We have no clue that will be both of you,” Tae Jo apologized.

“Although we know both of you are going for a holiday too but we don’t know it will be the same destination as us,” Dongwoon added.

“I don’t expect to meet anyone from our agency here hyung. What should we explain to Doojoon-hyung and Junhyung-hyung. I was so scared just now,” Hyunsik let out his worries.

“As for now, we are going to have our dinner first. But don’t worry. We are going to other restaurant. You guys can enjoy your dinner here,” Tae Jo stated.

“Tae Jo, can you please let our secret be a secret?” I insisted. “Let me explain to both of them later,”

“Sure, but remember if you need any help, I'm here,” Tae Jo offered. “Hyunsik, don’t put any burden on your shoulder. They are professional artist. They won't hold any grudge towards you,”

“I'm still scared hyung. And worried,” Hyunsik looked at me.

“Noona, when are you coming back to Korea?” Dongwoon asked.

“We just arrive Dongwoonie,” I sighed. “I thought this holiday can be a healing holiday for both of us,”

“Ya Hee Young-ah, it still can be your healing holiday. We are coming back to Korea tomorrow morning. You can still enjoy your stay here,” Tae Jo looked at me “As an artist, many things can happen. It's how you handle it that will show how professional you are,”

“Komawo,” I gave a fake smile.

“Remember noona, just enjoy your time here. And you too Hyunsik,” Dongwoon stood up. “We got to go now,”

“Neh, komawo hyung,” Hyunsik bowed.

 


After dinner time

“Noona,” Hyunsik laid beside me.

“Neh Hyunnie,” I opened the blanket that covered me. “Come here,”

Hyunsik moved inside the blanket and hugged me.

“Wae? Why are you crying?” Hyunsik wiped my tears.

“Nothing,” I smiled at him.

“How can I help you with all this confusion?” Hyunsik sighed.

“I don't know Hyunnie. I am confused too,” I hide my face.

“Are you hurt?” Hyunsik asked me and I nodded.

“Mianhae noona,” Hyunsik embraced me warmly.

“I'm afraid of the consequences. What will happen to your career? How Doojoon and Junhyung will treat me after this?” I told him.

“Noona, do you want to tell them about us?” Hyunsik loosen his hugs.

“Anniyo Hyunnie. Don't do that. Why should I sacrifice our secret for them?” I stopped him.

“Because they are your career noona. You worked with them,” Hyunsik stood up.

“Hey, where are you going?” I asked him.

“I want to have some fresh air,” Hyunsik wore his cap and sweater before leaving me alone in the room.

“Arasso,” I whispered.

 


Hotel lobby

Hyunsik look around and no one that he knows was there at the lobby. He bought one can of Cola from the vending machine and sit at the couch, facing the sea.

Hyunsik stared at his phone. He put pictures of eomma and appa as his phone wallpaper. He opened his photos album and smiled.

“We sure took a lot of pictures just now. Right before that incident happened,”

Hyunsik sighed and looked into the night. He wandered what he can do about this. How can he help Hee Young and how can he protect his job at the same time.

“Shall I call him?” Hyunsik whispered and dialed a number from his contact.

“Ah, it reached voicemail,” Hyunsik sighed. “He must be busy now,”

Hyunsik gulped his Cola and looked at people enjoying their dinner by the beach. He envied others who can have normal life and be in the relationship without needed to worry much about other people feelings. After all, this is the sacrifice that an idol need to do in order to survive.

Buzz buzz buzz

Hyunsik phone buzzed and he looked at the caller ID.

“Yobseyo,” Hyunsik picked up the call.

“You called me just now? Mianhae, I was in the washroom,” DO replied.

“You are busy? Mianhae. Nevermind I can call you later,” Hyunsik apologized to his best friend, EXO DO.

“Anniyo, we are at our dorm. Wae? Gwenchana?” DO asked.

“How are you? Are you busy nowadays?” Hyunsik asked.

“We just finished our concert at Singapore few days back. We are on our rest day,” DO answered.

“Wow, how was it? Do you still have some fan girls coming to your hotel room?” Hyunsik giggled.

“ㅋㅋㅋ. I was so busy with drama shooting too. What about you?” DO asked.

“We need to prepare for winter album next week but right now I'm on holiday,” Hyunsik told DO.

“You're on your holiday? How lucky! Odigayo?” DO envied.

“Hawaii!” Hyunsik screamed.

“Wow! I always want to go there! So have you found any new Hawaiian girlfriend there?” DO laughed.

“Worst thing happened,” Hyunsik sighed.

“Gwenchana? What's up dude? Chakaman (wait), let me close the door,” DO asked.

“I'm here with noona. But things went wrong. Beast-hyungs saw us here,” Hyunsik explained.

“Why you need to meet with your Beast-hyungs in Hawaii out of all the places in the world?” DO sighed.

“I don’t know. Our manager planned this holiday for us,” Hyunsik answered.

“Aigo. So now Beast-hyungs saw both of you? Is noona okay with that?” DO concerned.

“She was crying,” Hyunsik whispered.

“Otoke,” DO worried. “Hee Young noona is really a soft hearted person. What do you want to do now?”

“I don't know. I don't know what to do,” Hyunsik hold his tears.

“Hey hey, chakaman. Take a deep breath,” DO advised. “Where are you now?”

“Hotel lobby. I’m sitting alone. Facing the beach,” Hyunsik answered.

“Hey Hyunnie, do you remember during our school day, when noona treat us an ice cream right after we perform on stage together for the first time?” DO reminisced the old days.

“Hmm yeah,” Hyunsik sobbed.

“Noona always love to treat both of us. You used to feel jealous when noona gave bigger toys to me,” DO laughed.

“Good old days. But now when we already become a grown up man, everything become so complicated,” Hyunsik sighed.

“Did Beast-hyungs say anything to you?” DO curiously asked.

“No. But Doojoon-hyung and Junhyung-hyung stares really creep me out. They looked really surprised when they saw noona is hugging me,” Hyunsik told DO that beach incident.

“Ommo, they saw both of you hugging? Otoke!” DO shrieked.

“That's why. I am so lost DO-ah,” Hyunsik worried.

“Can you just tell them that both of you are lovers? Instead of telling them that you guys are brother and sister?” DO suggested.

“I can't. Noona worked with them now. It will be awkward for her,” Hyunsik rejected the idea.

“This is so complicated. You used to worry about this before you debut. And it’s happening right now,” DO told Hyunsik.

“Neh, and this is worse than what I used to imagine. I wish you were here,” Hyunsik cried. “I saw noona crying just now. It was so heartbreaking. You know I hate to see her like this,”

“Hey hey hey. Hyunsik-ah, I’m here. You have me,” DO tried to calm Hyunsik.

“Should I sacrifice my career so that noona’s will be fine?” Hyunsik suggested.

“Are you ready to face them? To face your fans and let them labelled you wrongly?” DO asked.

“Aish! We are going to make our comeback end of this year. This can’t be happening,” Hyunsik sobbed.

“Why don’t you just explained to those hyungs and ask them to keep this as secret?” DO suggested. “It’s better than let the world know about this,”

“But is that going to be any different? How will they react when they know noona is the one who helped me to get into the company?” Hyunsik worried.

“You need to think thoroughly. Which is better? Letting everyone in the industry know about your relationship or only those hyungs,” DO explained.

“Komawo. I know I can always rely on you,” Hyunsik thanked DO.

“You need to know that I’m always here for you. Although we are far apart but we still close in heart,” DO cheekily joked.

“Ya! This is not DO that I know,” Hyunsik laughed. “Ommo, my eyes is so puffy now,”

“That’s good. My acting skills have improved ㅋㅋㅋ,” DO laughed. “I will call noona later. Don’t hold the burden alone. Arasso?”

“Neh, komawo. I’ll talk to you later DO-ah. Thanks chingu,” Hyunsik hanged up the call.

“Aih!” Hyunsik let out a loud sigh and took a deep breath.

“Jogiyo (excuse me), is anyone sitting here?” Hyunsik turned to his right. It was Doojoon.

“Ah.. Hmm ah.. No hyung. No one is here. I’m about to go back to my room now,” Hyunsik tried to escape himself.

“No, please stay for a while. Let’s talk,”

 

P/S: Fact - BTOB Hyunsik and EXO DO are real best friend since high school before they successfully debut in two different entertainment companies.


Picture credit:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

https://pbs.twimg.com

http://imgnews.naver.net/

http://kpopselca.com/