Unexpected

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

Backstage

Hee Young gave a quick look at everyone outfits. The Styling department decided a different theme for each group where Beast will go with red and white while BTOB with black and white. However Hee Young decided to add her styling touch with the usage of minimal accessories and black outfit here and there to balance the looks.

Hee Young chose red jacket for Doojoon and Junhyung because she personally think that they both looks good in red. Pure white for Dongwoon that match well with his hair color and red short for Yoseob since he wanted more masculine outfit compared to his usual Good Luck stage outfit. Hyunseung slay with a patterned black and white shirts that obviously blend well with others.

15 minutes before the performance, Hee Young looks more serious than ever. She held the comb and the hair spray on each hand and started fixing each members hair. Hyunseung is the easiest since he will wore a cap during the performance.

"Brrr brrr brrr," Yoseob warmed up his vocal.

"Good Luck, baby Good Luck to you," Dongwoon practiced the choreo.

"Is the bandana and the cap fit enough?" Hee Young asked Hyunseung. "Try to bow,"

"Neh, gwenchana," Hyunseung commented after he tried to bow while wearing his cap.

"Do you guys want to fold your sleeves a bit? Yoseobie, are you okay with that?” Hee Young asked Yoseob.

Yoseob replied with an okay sign so Hee Young waited for others to answer.

“Noona, just a bit,” Dongwoon showed his arm and Hee Young folded it a bit.

“Gwenchana?” Hee Young asked again.

“Neh, komawo,” Dongwoon smiled and focused back on the choreo.

“I’m fine, I’ll just fold it later,” Junhyung answered.

“Let me do it now. It will look better like this,” Hee Young make one fold to Junhyung sleeve. “It’s loose enough so you will feel comfortable,”

Hee Young makes her moves towards Doojoon but Doojoon was busy adjusting his ear plug.

“Let me help you,” Hee Young requested.

“Nevermind,” Doojoon tried to reject the offer but it was too late.

There is Hee Young, with her arm around Doojoon and trying to fix the ear plug. Doojoon can feel his heart beating so fast and the moment Hee Young rested her hand on his shoulder, Doojoon sighed. Hee Young is so incredibly beautiful and their face is so near with each other. Doojoon bit his lips and tried to look somewhere else while Hee Young busy fixing his hair.

“What about your sleeve?” Hee Young asked Doojoon. “Dojoonie, you want me to fold the sleeves a bit?" Hee Young repeated the question.

Doojoon startled before nodded. He sighed again and gave a long stare at that beautiful face before whispering, “Komawo”

Hee Young nodded without making an eye contact with Doojoon. She was too busy in making sure everyone looked good and gave the last walk to each of them before she shouted, “Hwaiting!”

Doojoon sighed again when Hee Young don’t bother to have an eye contact with him. He wasn’t sure whether Hee Young actually heard when he said thank you just now but he admitted that he was frustrated.

“Aih. What I was thinking? She might still mad at me. But why,” Doojoon murmured.

“Gwenchana?” Junhyung approached.

“Not your problem,” Doojoon ignored Junhyung and left him alone before its Junhyung turned to sigh.

 


Hee Young POV

It's normal for me to stand in a close distance with idol that I'm working with - helping with their clothes, their makeup, and their hair and even helped them changing the outfit. My job is the stylist after all. But what happened just now is quite thrilling and nerve-wrecking for me. Being in close distance to Doojoon again after that jealousy incident just makes me feel chill in my body. Plus, Doojoon bit his lips in front of me is seriously a no-no.

I did a stupid gesture by resting my hand on his shoulder since I thought it can lessen the tension but it’s not working. I even heard Doojoon sighed and keep staring at other places and trying his best to avoid my gaze.

Once I left the backstage area, I gave a quick glance at Doojoon from far and whispered "Sorry. It's not that I'm mad at you, but I just don't feel like I want to talk to you. Just not now,"

 


BTOB waiting room

Hee Young dropped by at BTOB waiting room since she doesn't have anything to do until Beast finished performing that night. She smiled widely when she can hear from the outside of the room, loud laugh from those BTOB kids. That is exactly what they are from Hee Young eyes, cheeky kids all the time.

"Annyeong," Hee Young opened the door.

"Noona!" Hyunsik hugged Hee Young while everyone bowed at her.

"Wow you guys looks so handsome!" Hee Young repositioned Hyunsik cap.

"You did a good job," Hee Young smiled at the BTOB stylist.

"We are always handsome noona," Changsub joked.

"Are you nervous Hyunnie-ah? Your hands are so cold," Hee Young holded Hyunsik hand on her palm.

"Noona, I'm not feeling that well," Hyunsik whispered.

"What?" Hee Young shrieked.

"Yah yah noona," Hyunsik covered Hee Young mouth. "Don't let Jintaek-hyung know about it. He will blamed me for sleeping late yesterday,"

"Aigo, this kid. Here, eat this," Hee Young took out a vitamin C from her bag and put it in Hyunsik mouth.

"Komawo noona," Hyunsik rested his head on Hee Young shoulder. "What about you? Are you okay?"

"Okay? Why everyone keeps asking me the same question?" Hee Young burst out.

"This is my first time asking you though," Hyunsik sulked.

"Junhyung asked me like bazillion of times before. Do I look sick?" Hee Young babbled.

“Wae Hee Young? Are you okay?” Jintaek came and asked the same question to Hee Young.

“Oppa, I’m totally fine. Wae?” Hee Young confused.

“You look really tired. Like you just finished a war battle or something,” Jintaek joked.

“Well, it’s my first time preparing them for the stage. Since their age is similar like mine, it’s quite hard to make my own decision without getting their consensus first,” Hee Young complained.

“Well, we also can make our decision too, noona,” Hyunsik stated.

“But at least the final decision will be made based on my judgement,” Hee Young sighed. “There are too many things that I need to consider. It was fun, but tiring at the same time,”

 


After the concert

“Everyone, please touch up their makeup and hair. Let them seat and make sure they are comfortable. Take out those jackets first,” Hee Young assigned her other assistant.

Beast are preparing to have their exclusive high touch event in one hour. Jiyong came to the room and brought more cold water for them.

“Hyung, please,” Junhyung begged.

“Wae? Something wrong?” Hee Young gave that concerned look at both of them.

“No please Junhyung, you know I need to control your sugar intake,” Jiyong stated.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Hee Young asked again.

“Cola,” Junhyung sulked.

“Ya! You argued with Jiyong-oppa just because of the Cola?” Hee Young laughed.

“Hee Young-ah, don’t you ever help him behind me. He needs to control his sugar intake. No Cola until dinner time,” Jiyong warned.

Hee Young laughed and took over the the job of fixing Junhyung's hair and makeup from the stylist in charge.

“How was just now? Is everything okay?” Hee Young looked at Junhyung reflection.

“It was fun. I had lots of fun with them,” Junhyung smiled.

“Well, I sadly missed Beast performance,” Hee Young murmured.

“I thought they stream the show live on their Music channel?” Junhyung pointed at the television in the room.

“Well, I spent my time just now with the BTOB kids,” Hee Young giggled.

“Yah! I thought you are supporting us. You should watch us performed though,” Junhyung babbled.

“Arasso, arasso, you are like my grandfather,” Hee Young smirked.

“Ya!” Junhyung shrieked before both of them laughed together.

“What’s so funny Junhyungie?” Yoseob interrupted.

“Nothing,” Junhyung ignored him.

“Wae wae. Did you have funny stories?” Yoseob asked.

“Yeah, do you want to hear it?” Junhyung nodded.

“Of course!” Yoseob took a seat beside Junhyung.

“Let me fix your hair and makeup Yoseobie. Junhyungie, you are done but please rest and let yourself calm down. No more sweats,” I continued.

“Now you are like those ahjumma,” Junhyung complained. “All right let me start with the story,”

“Wow this is exciting. Wait Dongwoonie palli wa,” Yoseob called Dongwoon.

“Wae hyung?” Dongwoon came with a small electric fan on his hand.

“I have funny stories to tell you,” Junhyung answered. “There’s a guy who love to eat fried chicken. One day he introduced the fried chicken to his friend and later both of them love to eat it all day long,”

“Now I’m hungry,” Yoseob muttered.

“Well, one day he suddenly found a steam duck and forgetting the old fried chicken that he always cherished. He left his friend alone with the fried chicken and enjoyed eating the steam duck,” Junhyung paused and looked at Hee Young. “One day, that guy realized that he still loved the fried chicken and went to get it back. But sadly, the fried chicken shop already closed and that guy blamed his friend for it. Kkeut (the end),”

“Hyung! Where’s the funny part?” Dongwoon puzzled.

“Well the shop closed at the end. It is not funny?” Junhyung smirked.

"What was that Junhyung? Who will leave fried chicken for steam duck at the first place?" Yoseob confused.

"Exactly! The guy should realized his mistake and sincerely apologized not to that fried chicken but also to his friend. His friend did what a friend should do, protecting what he loves - the fried chicken," Junhyung explained.

"Why? The shop is already close now. It doesn't matter if the guy apologized or not," Yoseob asked.

"That's the funny part. That guy thought the shop already closed but it doesn't. The backdoor is always open," Junhyung looked at Doojoon who was sitting at the corner of the room.

"You have a weird and different meaning of funny story Yong Junhyung," Yoseob gave that weird look to Junhyung.

“Is it funny to you Hee Young?” Junhyung asked Hee Young.

“No, I don’t think so,” Hee Young chuckled. “You are done Yoseobie. Three of you are good now. Please rest,”

Hee Young put the comb and the hair dryer at the table and saw from the mirror that Doojoon are looking at her. She turned around to avoid Doojoon stare but caught in Junhyung's stare that make her in a double awkward situation.

"I'll be back," Hee Young informed her stylist team and went out to the end of the corridor. She took out her mobile phone and began to type.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

Hee Young got another message.

Hee Young chuckled. What on earth is happening now? She just wanted to have a distance with Doojoon for a while but it doesn’t mean that she had bad plan or something. Wait, what does he means with making fool of him. And this Junhyung, why can’t he just answer the question without twisted the question back? What did he mean by the closed shop, backdoor and everything? Why can this guy just directly say it without using the double meaning sentences?

Hee Young sighed and stared at the outside of the window. She was so confused and decided to ignore both of the text messages.

 


Cube dance practice room

They already went back to Korea the day after that and Hee Young got one day off since Beast does not have any schedule today. She decided to spend her time with BTOB kids at the office since Hyunsik told her that they also don’t have any schedule today but they need to record their dance practice for their Choreo teacher.

“Noona, are you sure you can help us?” Sungjae curiously asked.

“Well don’t underestimate me Sungjae,” Hee Young smirked.

“Don’t look down at this noona. This is her brother,” Hyunsik backed his sister while laughing.

“Ya! Why did you laugh? I just need to record how you guys dance right?” Hee Young sulked.

“ㅋㅋㅋ, yes that’s all noona. Do you remember where you should focus first?” Hyunsik asked.

“Of course! I watched you guys practice many times before,” Hee Young laughed.

“Palli, let me start playing the song. Be in your position,” Ilhoon screamed.

Hee Young sat on the chair and started recording the dance cover enthusiastically. It’s a compulsary dancing assessment given by the dance department for all Cube idols where they need to record their dance routine for their self evaluation. Hee Young tried hard to keep the camcorder at the sharp and nice angle until the song finished.

“Wow, that was so good! I hope I recorded you guys well,” Hee Young giggled.

“Let me see,” Eunkwang took the camcorder and press the play button.

“Well, not bad. Although sometimes it looks like you got a Parkinson's disease,” Eunkwang joked.

“Yah, how dare you!” Hee Young kicked Eunkwang on his leg.

“So, noona you promised me before if we have free time and the dance room is free for us, you want to show something right?” Hyunsik suddenly asked.

“Now Hyunnie?” Hee Young tried to avoid.

“Show something? What is that noona?” Peniel suddenly interested.

“Well, I’m going do something today to show my love for BTOB. Aigo! I’m scared Hyunnie-ah,” Hee Young shrieked.

“All right my BTOB-chingu. Before that, all of you need to seat there and enjoy what noona want to show to us,” Hyunsik instructed everyone.

“What's with both of you?” Minhyuk questioned.

 


Junhyung POV

I went to the BTOB office area but no one was there. I guessed they are in the dance practice room since I can hear their laughed from the office. I need to meet with their composers team; Ilhoon, Minhyuk and Hyunsik and asked about their opinion about my new song arrangement. Well, sometimes I think that these kids have bigger potential in composing songs than me, especially that kid, Hyunsik.

I slowly peeked from the door and saw everyone was sitting in front of the mirror facing that one person in the middle of the room.

“I present to you, Hee Young noona!” I heard Hyunsik screamed before he played one of the BTOB song, WOW.

I startled. That was incredibly amazing. That cheeky Hee Young who always shy and caring as a friend but serious as a stylist now already become that swag Hee Young that I never saw it before. I was stunned with that every move and every gesture that she made. How she able to remember the whole BTOB dance routine is another thing that should be praised.

“Daebak. That was really y,” I whispered before decided to close back the door. I don’t think I was able to discuss the things that I wanted with the BTOB kids now. I cannot focus anymore after what I just saw.

Or should I just confessed, I was melting inside. That Hee Young caught both my eyes and my heart.

 


Picture credit:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/

https://m2.facebook.com/media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFzfD3ZEdI

http://images.au.kpopstarz.com/

http://i.ytimg.com/vi

https://kccsupportersblog.files.wordpress.com