Corridor Meeting

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

Cube Vocal Practice Room

Today is a new day for me. I wore simple jacket with my favorite black studded clutch. I met other group main stylist this morning as we had a big meeting for styling team. Not everyone will worked in the building since we have our own Cube Styling building nearby the area. I was one of the stylist that work all the time in the Cube building as my office was here. I think that is the other specialties of being the stylist advisor. I can have my own space here without needed to move here and there. But it is quite sad for me since most of my stylist friends work at the other building which make me lonely most of the time.

Today's meeting was nothing much. They updated some issue and ideas for next concept. The Cube Stylist Manager also discussing about farewell dinner for the Beast main stylist as an appreciation for her. He mentioned that someone from the department will be replacing her position but there are no futher discussion about it. The only thing that he mentioned is the possible candidates that will be replacing the position will be anyone from the stylist advisor team. That includes me and other three junior stylist and we all just nodded with that announcement. Although the competition are quite high, I was really hoping to get the job. I believe that this is one of the moment where I should challenge myself with the new environment. 

After meeting was ended, I went to my office like usual. I passed by the vocal practice room and I listened to a very sweet voice singing Park Hyo Shin song. I humming the song together happily as I know the owner of the voice, Yang Yoseob really admire Park Hyo Shin. He really wants to have a good voice like his sunbae and forgotten that he himself also has a very unique voice in its own ways.

Then I realized someone across the corridor was looking at me. I bowed to him; another Beast member; Yoon Doojoon. Doojoon smile back at me and the next thing I know, he was standing in front of me.

“Annyeong-haseyo. Wah our Yoseobie really sang well right?” Doojoon started the conversation while knocking the vocal room door.

“Uh uh yes he is. Nice to meet you,” I bowed and about to make a move.

“I always saw you in the building. Are you from the styling team? I think I have seen you somewhere. Have you helped us before?” Doojoon suddenly continued the conversation.

I was startled. I never talked with Beast member except Dong Woon and this situation making me having a mixed feelings. Did they know that their manager proposed me as their new main stylist or is just him want to talk to me?

“Yes. I work in the styling team. As an advisor for sajagnim and the Cube Family. Yes, I used to work with Beast team in your previous photoshoot. Nice to meet you Yoon-shi,” I replied back awkwardly. I can sense my check blushing and my face getting hot.

“Yah, Doojoonie, why are you disturbing and knocking my door? I am about to practice my favorite song,” Yoseob opened the door with a loud voice.

“Yoseob-shi, don’t be rude. I am on my way to see you and I saw this beautiful stylist-shi humming along with your song. She must really like your voice,” Doojoon teased me while smiling.

I felt something in my body. That sharp gaze from Doojoon and that sweet smile. I looked at Yoseob and he also was smiling at me. Oh God, what on earth that I did today for me to deserve these two good looking people talking at me today.

“Ah I’m sorry. Doojoon always teasing me. I though it was him. Thank you for the compliment btw. And nice to meet you stylist-shi,” Yoseob responded to Doojoon statement.

“Hee Young. My name is Hee Young,” I replied with a bow. As I expected, they didn’t know my name but I’m glad Doojoon recognized my face from somewhere.

“When were you born?” Yoseob suddenly asked.

"It is not appropriate for you to ask her this type of question on your first meeting. Tsk tsk tsk," Doojoon smacked Yoseob in his hand.

“Oh nevermind. I don't mind at all. Its 1990. Btw Yoon-shi and Yang-shi, I guess I have to.. “ I replied back shyly.

“Wah. I also born at 1990! So does Gikwangie. We are chingu Hee Young-shi. Just call me Yoseob. Nice to meet you again. Never knew we have such a beautiful stylist in this company,” Yoseob cut my words.

“Wow yes. You look very young for your age. We also can be friends right. But since I am one year older, do you want to call me oppa?” Doojon continue teasing me while laughing together with Yoseob.

“Anniyo, I cannot do that Yoon-shi, Yang-shi. I am a Cube staff. It will look inappropriate to address both of you like that,” I explained to them.

At that moment, I saw a figure approaching us. It is Beast maknae, Dongwoon.

“Noona!” Dongwoon waved his hands to me.

“Noona? Hee Young-shi, just now you said it is inappropriate for you to address us as your friends. Now, here we have our little evil maknae calling you noona. Is it okay,” Doojoon looked at me with that curious look.

“Hyung, Hee Young noona's little brother is my dongsae back during my high school. We have the same passion in music and become close. That is when I knew this noona,” Dongwoon explained to Doojoon.

I was relieved with his answer. I almost dropped my heart as I worried he might said something about my Hyunsik. I was so relieved and sighed. This moment everything came to my mind. My Hyunsik, request from the Beast manager, smiling Yoseob and that sharp gaze from Doojoon.

“I have to get going. See you later. Komawo Dongwoon-shi,” I bowed and left them.

“Hyung, look! You make this noona feel uncomfortable! Noona see you later” Dongwoon replied to me.

 


Cube Styling Room

I felt really embarrassed from what happened to me just now. I am not sure whether Doo Joon is joking or he really meant it with that oppa teasing. I was already in a confused but happy situation since this is my first time talking to both Doojon and Yoseob.

“Haih, what happened to me just now? I should get along well with them. What will happen to me if I was selected as their main stylist? Pabo Hee Young ya!” I screamed.

My phone beep as a signed that I received a text message. It was from my Hyunnie.

I let out another long sigh before going into the makeup area in my office room. This place is another place that can make me feel calm and relax whenever I face something streessful while working. It is just a small makeup area in Cube building compared to the other makeup area in Cube Styling building. Everything that will be done here basically for personal makeup or small number of people makeup. That is why I love my job so much.

I lit up one scented candle and began to organised the makeup on the makeup table. I arranged everything according to it's group and cleaned the brush. I opened music folder in my Macbook and selected songs to be played. After few tracks been played, now the Beast song is playing. Their romantic song; You. What a coincident with what already happened this morning.

* Please forward to minute 2:07 *

Neomu jichyeo himdrul ddaemyeon (When you are so tired and facing hard times)
Neomu gworohwo jil ddaemeon (When you are in pain)
Baro chatneun saramee na yeossumyeon (I’ll be satisfies if I'm the person you look for)

I was schocked when I heard voices singing along with the track that was played. I rushed into the front area and saw Doojoon sitting at the couch. He stand up and begin to serenade the whole part before bowing at me.

Nan geugyeolro jokhae, nan geugeomyeon juwah (I’m happy with just that)
Oh baby alright~

"Ex.. Excuse me Yoon-shi, how can I help you?" I startled with what just happened to me.

"Hi Hee Young-shi. You can just call me Doojoon. It's fine with me. By the way, I came to apologize for what happened this morning. I have no intention to make you feel uncomfortable," Doojoon explained to me.

I went to grab cups and jug of water before pouring some to Doojoon. I can see from the corner of my eyes how he stared at me the whole time.

"It's okay Yoon-shi. Hmm I mean Doojoon-shi. Nothing to be apologised. I just felt bit embrassed because I never talked to you guys before," I replied while looking at the floor.

"And our first conversation is quite awkward right? I know, it is all my fault. And that is why I'm here. Sorry Hee Young-shi," Doojoon apologised.

I am not sure whether Doojoon can see how my face blush again. I started to play with my hair before Doojoon continue the conversation.

"Let's be friends. I really meant it. I know this is our first conversation but this is not my first time seeing you," Doojoon take one of the cups and gulping the water.

There was a long silent in the room before I replied back to what Doojoon said. There is nothing wrong with the Cube's staff to be friends with the company idols but there are some restriction on what can be done and how we should act since the idol are bound with some special agreement with the company.

"Sure Doojoon-shi. Who knows we might work together sometimes in future," I replied while smiling at him.

"I should go now. See you around Hee Young-shi," Doojoon bowed and left the room.

Later I realised my phone buzzed and I opened the message from unknown sender.

YDJ. Who else than Yoon Doo Joon.

 


Picture credit:

jeonggam.livejournal.com

www.fanpop.com

www.pinterest.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIFP8fkq8GU