Hyungnim's Appa

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

Junhyung's house

Junhyung arrived at his house 2 o’clock in the morning. He was so tired with Beast packed schedule for their comeback in October. They just finished with Good Luck album promotion in July and now Junhyung need to double his effort for the new comeback album to celebrate Beast 5th anniversary. He rarely came home during any Beast comeback or promotion period since he spent most of his time either with Beast member at Cube practice room or with Good Life team at his studio. His sleeping patterns also are not regular like always. The closest he can do is by taking nap on the studio’s couch or sleep at Beast new dorm at Hwayangdong District’s Jusangbok Building.

He opened his house door and walked towards the living room to check on his little puppy. Usually when Junhyung are busy with the schedule, he will get help from his eomma to take Hyungnim to her house. But since Junhyung already mentioned that he is going home tonight, her eomma dropped Hyungnim that night after giving Hyungnim warm bath and feed him with chicken and rice puppy food.

“Hyungnim-ah, Hyungnim-ah, I’m home,” Junhyung whispered when he saw Hyungnim sleeping soundly on his dog bed. Junhyung patted Hyungnim on his head and kiss his cheek. Hyungnim must be tired and bored waiting for him to come home. “Mianhae Hyungnim-ah, I was too busy with my jobs. Sorry you have to sleep by yourself alone for this few days,” Junhyung sure misses Hyungnim a lot. Sometimes he just doesn’t have time to give his attention to Hyungnim and he feel bad towards it. 

Junhyung always love animals especially dog and cat. Her eomma has pair of Siberian Huskies dog; Sunja (sun) and Seuta (star) that has lived with them since he was 2 years old. Junhyung remembered the first time when he joined entertainment industry and he cried all night long because he needed to be apart from both of his eomma dogs. That is one of the reasons why he decided to adopted a new puppy for himself early this year, besides he is quite jealous with Yoseob and his Chihuahua puppy; Yanggaeng. Upon adoption process, he was in dilemma between English bulldog or Pug breed of puppy. He settled with English bulldog puppy because of its charisma look but Hyungnim comes from a smaller size of English bulldog compared to the usual size.

He remembered Yoseob saying that, “Chukahae Junhyung-ah you already become appa now,”

Junhyung repositioned Hyungnim blanket and dim the light. “Chal-ja Hyungnim. Let’s meet again tomorrow morning. Gosh, I am so tired. I seriously need to sleep now,” Junhyung walked towards his refrigerator and take one can of Cola. He makes his move to his room and dropped his bag on the floor. He took one sip of Cola, placed it on the bed side table and close his eyes, trying his best to sleep.

 


“Meong, meong, meong”

Junhyung slowly opened his eyes upon hearing the sound. He took his phone and realized it’s only 4 in the morning. He barely slept and now there’s something else that disturbing. Junhyung changed his sleeping position, stretched his body and scratched his head. He closed his eyes again before the sounds can be heard again.

“Meong, meong, meong”

“Hyungnim? Hyungnim is that you?” He stood up before realizing what actually happened. He stumbled over his pillows and rushed to Hyungnim sleeping spot in the living room with high curiosity.

"Hyungnim-ah, are you okay? Why are you so loud? Is everything okay? Are you sick?" Junhyung squatted beside Hyungnim with a worried voice.

There was a long silent between Junhyung and Hyungnim before Junhyung burst out laughing on the floor like crazy. He cannot stopped laughing when he saw Hyungnim was sleeping like a baby in his sleeping bed, not even making one noise.

“I might mishear Hyungnim. How funny,” Junhyung let out silly laughed and leaned against the wall beside Hyungnim sleeping spot.

Junhyung smiled again. How big Hyungnim is now compared to when he first adopted him. He feels like his life almost complete with the existence of Hyungnim. Beast members might not know how much he relies on Hyungnim. Hyungnim is the only secret place for him to share stories and problems that he barely shared with others although he knew Hyungnim can never understand his inner feelings.

Junhyung lay down on the floor and memories of their debut time as Beast passed by. People used to categorized each one of them with a special characteristics where Yoseob; the aegyo, Gikwang; the eyes smile, muscular abs and American dance, Doojoon; oppa role model and boyfriend material, Dongwoon; perfect Arabian face and Hyunseung; the iness. It’s funny how he was labelled as someone dark with fat tongue and chewy styles of rap.

He whispered, "Kure, I will continuously work hard till my last breath to produce good songs for Beast. I will show them who Yong Junhyung is. I guess there’s no time for me to play around now. Well, especially with that love thingy. After all, it always me who’s going to hurt more right?” He paused while holding that strange feelings from his inner self, “Who need women and love when I have you Hyungnim. I am definitely fine living with you. Just both of us, Hyungnim-ah,"

Suddenly tears fall down his cheek and he sobbed. Junhyung sniffed and wiped his tears. He cannot lie to himself that he misses having someone special by his side. Junhyung always be the one who is unfortunate when he fall in love with someone. Things just don’t go like what he expected but that doesn’t bother him anymore. His life is far better now with the existence and support from fellow bestfriends; Beast members, TJ Kim, Hongki (FT Island) and Shin Hye just to name a few.

Next thing he knows, something warm crawled on his lap. There’s Hyungnim with his puppy eyes looking at Junhyung. He seems to understand what his appa went through and as a good kid; he just sat there and Junhyung hands.

"Hyungnim-ah, komawo. Thank you for always being there for me. You sure the best," Junhyung embrace Hyungnim and kiss him before taking Hyungnim together to his bedroom to continue his precious sleep.

 


The next morning

Junhyung woke up with a smell of foods in the kitchen. It smells like a grill meat with that sizzles sound. He must be dreaming. Last night he has a hallucination of Hyungnim barking when the reality is not. Junhyung grab the blanket to cover his exposed leg. He grabbed another pillow that almost fall from the bed and hug them between his thighs.

He grabbed his phone to check the time. It almost 3 in the evening and it explains why he started to hallucinate about food now. He unlocked his phone and saw 2 miscalled from eomma. He moved from the bed and walk towards the window. Junhyung did a light exercise by twisting his neck and waist. He lies down on the floor and continued with 30 sit ups.

“Yah, adeul (son) wake up!”

“Now I started to hallucinate about eomma” Junhyung muttered.

Just then Junhyung realized Hyungnim was not around. It still clear yesterday that he brought Hyungnim along into the room and closed the door before both continues sleeping on the bed. Did Hyungnim open the door by himself? Now Junhyung hallucination just got weirder.

“Yah Yong Junhyung. Wake up! I already make some foods for you” Junhyung eomma opened the door while hugging Hyungnim on her arms.

“Eomma! When did you come to my house?!” Junhyung squeaked with his Mong face.

“I called you this morning adeul. I left my scarf yesterday and when I arrived here, I heard Hyungnim barking non-stop from your room. This kid must be hungry,” Eomma cupped Hyungnim face before kissing him.

Suddenly Junhyung saw a familiar figure entering its room. “Sunja, Seuta!” Junhyung exclaimed with happiness. “Long time no see both of you. You already become a masculine dog now. Kyeopta!”

“Meong, meong, meong” Hyungnim barked when he saw Junhyung pouring his love towards both of the dogs.

“Hyungnim-ah, this is your hyung. You never saw them before right? Bow to them,” Junhyung forcing Hyungnim to bow but the only respond that he got is being bitten by Hyungnim.

“Yah, I guess that dog school did not do much to you. You still doesn’t recongnized your appa?” Junhyung frustrated with Hyungnim and dragged both Sunja and Seuta to the living rooms.

“Adeul, when was the last time you saw Hyungnim? He barely recognized you now. And then now he saw you with Sunja and Seuta. He might be hurt. Right baby?” Junhyung eomma pouted at Hyugnim.

“Anniyo eomma. Last night Hyungnim even sat on my lap and my fingers. We even slept together in the room,” Junhyung claimed.

“He might be sleepwalking adeul. Just like you,” Junhyung eomma giggled. “Come here let’s eat together. I grilled some meat for you. So that you can regain back your energy,”

Junhyung looked at Hyungnim with sorrow looks. His faults for not be able to be at home and spent his time together with Hyungnim. He poured the dog foods in Hyungnim bowls. He doesn’t have extra bowl for Sunja and Seuta so he used his own bowls for both of them.

“Mianhae Sunja, Seuta. I don’t have proper bowls to you. I will buy later and have it spare in this for you guys. And appa will buy the new one for you to Hyungnim,” Junhyung explained to his puppy.

“Aigo my boy. How come you already become appa now? Where is your wife and kids?” Junhyung eomma teased.

Junhyung hissed. He ignored what her eomma said and sat in front of her to enjoy the food. He started to wrap the meat and lettuce together and fed her eomma first. Meat is always his favourite. He gulped the meat like there’s no tomorrow. Junhyung enjoyed his moment now with his loves one; eomma, Hyungnim, Sunja and Seuta.

 


Picture credit:

http://alltypesofdogs.org/wp-content/uploads

http://www.8pic.ir/images

http://gif0.ask.fm/animated_gifs

http://www.canyonlands-siberians.com