Genie Wish

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

In my house

I tied up my hair and applied lip balm to moist my lips. I checked again with the time before grabbing my stuff and make my way downstairs. I noticed that there's no sound coming from the other room, but I don't feel like I have to make any effort to check. Just before I thought I can go to work with ease, I heard someone's calling my name.

"Noona. Hee Young noona,"

I glanced to the voice and saw Hyunsik standing in front of the gym's door. He was smiling while offering bottle of fruit juice to me.

"Have some noona,"

I ignored him, walked directly to the main door, wore my shoes and leave the house. I was startled with my act too but I cannot find better ways to handle this situation. Lying to me is one big problem. But, having an ego attitude towards others in the company, Hyunsik indeed just puts me to shame. Not only towards Jintaek-oppa and Jiyong-oppa, but also to Junhyung and Doojoon.

 


Flashback

"Oppa," I called Jintaek-oppa.

"Uh, neh," Jintaek-oppa startled.

"Is that all?" I asked him.

"Hee Young-ah..," Jintaek-oppa whined.

"Just answer me," I sighed.

"Neh, that's all," Jintaek-oppa paused. "But Hee Young-ah, you need to know, I have no choice. Everything that happened is out of my control,"

"Arasso," I don't bother to argue anymore.

"Hyunsik is on probation now. He was mad when he saw Junhyung tried to be close with you. Hyunsik still holds a grudge towards Junhyung," Jintaek-oppa explained.

"There must be other reasons, why Hyunsik hate Junhyung that much," I clear up my throat.

"Because of.. Jealousy,"

"Of what? Junhyung is Hyunsik's sunbae," I paused. "BTOB sunbae, producer team sunbae.. This.. This makes no sense. Why would he?"

"Because.. Because Junhyung got everything that Hyunsik doesn't have. Creativity, imagination, attention, power, love. Everything," Jintaek-oppa sighed.

"I.. I couldn't believe that..," I startled.

"Neither do me, Hee Young-ah," Jintaek-oppa tried to calm me down. "But jaebal, remember one thing. It's not Junhyung and Doojoon's fault. Jiyong.. Jiyong and I have no choice. We did all these for Hyunsik's sake,"

 


End of flashback

My eyes suddenly got teary each time I remembered back what happened that night. Everything is so unexpected. And apart from that, it hurts me. Deeply, right to my heart. I sniffed and look at my reflection in the rear mirror.

"I have to be strong. That's the only choice that I have now,"

I focused back on my driving and drive straight to the office. Right now, keeping myself busy with works helps me to move forward, although I have to face that one guy face every day. No. Not that one guy. But two. Two of them. Yoon Doojoon and Jiyong-oppa.

 


Cube dance studio

"We can start the last rehearsal before we move on to the concert area," Jiyong-oppa make an announcement.

"Palli, palli" Doojoon called the other members.

"Ya, jakaman," Gikwang whined.

"You're not even sick. Why can't you walk faster," Doojoon increased his voice.

"We're literally walking towards you now. Not like we're lying on the floor, doing nothing," Junhyung replied with his annoying face.

"I need to go to the soccer meeting after this. Palli!" Doojoon rushed.

"So what?!" Gikwang couldn't held it anymore

"Ya!" Doojoon yelled.

"Enough!" Jiyong-oppa yelled back. "In position! Now!"

I was sitting at the corner of the room and watching their arguments. Doojoon and his acts again. A typical him whenever I ignored him. Blaming others with his anger. Since that night, right after I knew the truth, I kept ignoring Doojoon's call and text messages. I didn't want to pretend that I am okay because I am really not. Responding to his calls and texts might hurt me more. And I don't want to put myself in that sad-confused state again.

"What a jerk," I whispered.

"Uh, what was that, noona?" My junior stylist suddenly asked.

"Ah.. Nothing. I was talking to myself," I covered up.

"Hee Young-ah," I heard Jiyong-oppa called me.

It's too late for me to ignore Jiyong-oppa as he already standing beside me, with his hand tapping on my shoulder. I wish I can run away, escaping myself from these people, but the reality shows that I can't. This is my job, and I have to do it even when I already become the puppet for them.

"Noona..," My junior stylist called me.

"Uh, neh. Wae oppa?" I pretended to be busy with my phone.

"Can we.. Can we talk for a moment?" Jiyong-oppa startled.

"About what? I have nothing to say," I coldly responded.

"Jaebal, give me a chance," Jiyong-oppa begged.

"Talk here if it's that important," I pointed at my sit.

"In private, jaebal," Jiyong-oppa held my shoulder.

"Noona..," My junior stylist looked confused.

"Aigo noona, what's up," BEAST youngest manager asked.

"Arasso," I walked helplessly out of the room.

 


Cube corridor

"Maybe we should talk in our office?" Jiyong-oppa suggested.

"Shiro (I don't want)," I rejected.

"I begged you, Hee Young-ah," He looked at me.

"Shiro!" I sharpened my gaze.

"Arasso, arasso," Jiyong-oppa gave up.

"What else do you want to tell me? I heard enough," I played with my hair showing no interest to Jiyong-oppa.

"It's not that I don't believe in you," Jiyong-oppa paused.

"Then what oppa? I've worked with Cube for the past 5 years. Don't you have enough time to at least know me well?" I asked him.

"No, it's not like that. I just..," Jiyong-oppa startled.

"Just what?" I annoyed.

"BEAST is my everything. I grow up with them. I feel obligated to make them happy. Just like my own little brother," He sighed.

"You need to know, they worked so hard since the beginning. Being called as the recycle group, bashed because of their skills, condemned when they won the award. Everything is wrong when it comes to them. Their struggle..," Jiyong-oppa added.

"Get straight to the point, oppa," I sighed.

"All these time, I relied so much on each of them. To help me work towards BEAST success," He looked at me. "You might not know this, but to show how much I appreciate each one of them, I personally give them one genie wish,"

"What? Genie wish" I asked.

"Request anything, and I will tried my very best to fulfil that," He sighed.

"Then what it has to do with me? And Doojoon?" I sighed.

"Because..," Jiyong-oppa started to reveal the stories behind it.

 


Flashback

*This is Jiyong POV

"Thank you for coming to my humble house," I welcomed BEAST.

"Wow, hyung. This house is big," Dongwoon amazed.

"We just bought this house few months ago," I smiled.

"Working with us is not that bad right?" Hyunseung added.

"Of course not. You all are like my own little son. Jiyong's little brother," My eomma came from the kitchen.

"Eomonim," All BEAST members bowed.

"Here, eat some. This is all Jiyong favorite foods," My eomma put the foods on the table.

"Eomonim, eat together with us," Doojoon invited my eomma.

"Anniyo, have fun. Enjoy the food," My eomma leave the room.

"So before we can start eating, I have one thing that I want to ask you," I smiled.

"Buya, hyung?" Junhyung looked at me.

"First of all, komawo. For all these years that we've been together. This year going to be hectic with two mini albums, some dramas, OST, musical, wow. My dongsae is really daebak," I clapped my hands.

"We all know that, hyung," Yoseob laughed.

"I want to fulfil your wish. Any of your wishes. One wish for each one of you," I told them.

"Wishes? Wow! Anything hyung?!" Gikwang widen his eyes, feeling excited.

"Anything, and please, it should be realistic. I won't able to buy a house or a car for you though," I joked.

"I'm about to say new Range Rover for me, hyung," Junhyung giggled.

"ㅋㅋㅋ. There's no limit time for all of you. But it should be within this year," I laughed.

"Why this year hyung?" Hyunseung asked me.

"Because, my feng shui said, I'm going to be lucky next year. So I will let everyone voice out their wishes and I'll work hard to fulfil it by next year," I shyly answered.

"Wow, hyung! Daebak!" Hyunseung amazed.

"Then what should we ask from you?" Junhyung looked intrested.

"Anything. Especially things that related to your personal live. Or even you work," I told them.

"Can I request a new and bigger studio for Good Life?" Junhyung asked.

"Of course!" I answered.

"You can make it happen? Daebak!" Junhyung shouted.

"I'll try my very best. So Junhyung, your genie wish already finished," I patted Junhyung. "What about others?"

"I want to debut as solo artist," Hyunseung shyly whispered.

"Hyunseung-hyung! That is my wish too!" Dongwoon shrieked.

"Jinja? Both of you?" Yoseob asked.

"But.. But I want to debut in Japan," Dongwoon looked at me.

"Wow maknae! So ambitious," I smiled. "Sure, sure. One new studio for Junhyung, Hyunseung solo debut and Dongwoon solo debut in Japan. What about others?"

"Hyung, I sure you have something in your mind," Dongwoon pushed Yoseob.

"Ya, ya," Yoseob growled.

"Palli, I can't wait to hear it," I smiled.

"I want.. I want to work together with any BEAST members in their drama," Yoseob stammered.

"Drama cameo?" I looked at him.

"Neh. But, it must be together with the members. I don't think I will able to do it alone," Yoseob answered.

"Interesting," I smiled. "Now, we left with Gikwang and our leader,"

"I don't know, hyung," Gikwang looked confused.

"Ya, don't lie to me Gikwangie," I .

"Maybe.. Maybe Yoseobie can work together with me in a drama," Gikwang answered.

"You want to act in a drama again? Is that your wish?" I smiled.

"But hyung.. I want to act as a police. A police drama," Gikwang make his wish clear.

"Arasso," I smiled. "Uri leader?"

"I want to have a real life girlfriend," Doojoon looked down.

"Buya!" Everyone shouted.

"I don't know we can request that too, hyung!" Junhyung exclaimed.

"Doojoonie, I can't interfere your personal life. You know I won't stop you if you want to have any girlfriend during your contract with Cube. As long as you know the boundries," I looked at Doojoon.

"No hyung, not like that," Doojoon paused before he shyly answered. "I want you to find me a girlfriend. Help me to find a decent girl. Not an Idol, not an actress, not a celebrity. Just a normal girl,"

"Doojoonie," Yoseob whispered. "Are you that desperate?"

"Shh. Yang Yoseob. Watch your words," Gikwang mocked Yoseob.

"I want to be loved," Doojoon looked at me. "Can you help me, hyung?"

"You look so sad right now, Doojoon," Junhyung sighed.

"Neh, I agree with you. Doojoon looks.. Funny too," Yoseob tried his best to hold his laughter.

"Wow, this is one unexpected request. Are you sure about it?" I asked him again.

"Neh, hyung. I don't have any specific wish. I just want to enjoy my life as normal Yoon Doojoon," Doojoon replied.

"You can request a soccer tournament with Korean soccer player though," Gikwang suggested.

"That's too.. Typical. I want things that will be hard for me to achieve," Doojoon looked at me.

"Arasso, I get it. Although it's quite weird, but I get it. But, Doojoonie, are you sure about your wish?" I asked him again.

I saw Doojoon nodded before I continue, "But it's not going to be easy. For all of your wishes to be fulfil, it may take several months. Or even years. But I promised, I will try to fulfil all of it," 

"Including Doojoon-hyung's wish?" Dongwoon asked.

"Including that particular wish," I smiled.

 


End of flashback

* This is Hee Young POV

"The moment Jintaek told me about Hyunsik problem and when he suggested making you work with us, I instantly remembered Doojoon's wish," Jiyong-oppa sighed.

"Mo..," I startled.

"I need to make up a story. I have to say that I don't believe your capabilities of handling the team. But the real reason is that, I want to make you as Doojoon's girlfriend," Jiyong-oppa continued.

"So, everything that he did to me before.. Everything is your plan too? The notes? The late night foods? The Hawaii holiday confession?" I started to have teary eyes again.

I saw Jiyong-oppa nodded and I let out a loud sighed. Knowing that Doojoon wanted a girlfriend, make me feel good. But knowing that everything happened is because of Jiyong-oppa, I lost in myself. I'm not sure what should I feel anymore. Should I feel happy because I was selected? Or should I feel sad because of the beautiful liar since the beginning? What should I feel now?

 


Cube corridor

* This is no one POV

"But Hee Yeong-ah, you need to know..," Jiyong wanted to continue talking before Hee Young stopped his words.

"Stop it, oppa. I don't want to hear anything," Hee Young looked at Jiyong.

"Jakaman, Hee Young. Jakaman," Jiyong tried to stop her.

"See you in the studio," Hee Young entered the studio and left Jiyong alone at the corridor.

"You need to know. Doojoon personally chose you. He personally asked me to make a plan so that he can tackle your heart. It's true that I am the one who plan all these. But it's Doojoon who loves you," Jiyong sighed.

 


Picture credit

http://i.ytimg.com/vi

http://static.askkpop.com

http://i.imgur.com/