Intervention

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

Beast dorm

“Everyone. Come and eat now!” Yoseob shouted from the kitchen area.

“Everyone!” Yoseob called for the second time.

“Coming!” Gikwang shouted back.

“Hyung, jakaman! I want to go to the toilet,” Dongwoon put down the game controller and rushed inside.

“Lee Gi Kwang! Stop playing and come here,” Yoseob scooped the rice into the bowl.

“Junhyungie is still sleeping,” Hyunseung walked passed by the kitchen.

“Just wake him up. It's already 2 in the afternoon,” Yoseob replied.

“Wah, you cooked a lot,” Doojoon walked using the crutches.

“Ya, slowly! You're not in the marathon competition,” Yoseob mocked him.

Doojoon sat at the dining table and smile. “Arasso, arasso. Uh. Seaweed soup?”

“It's for Seungie,” Yoseob poured the soup into the individual bowls.

“Wah. It's already been..,” Doojoon pretending to calculate the days using his finger. “It has been few weeks since Hyunseung birthday. You sure prepare a lot!”

“But still.. It's not even one month yet since his birthday,” Yoseob pouted.

 


Doojoon POV

I tried to smile when I heard Yoseob's answer. Not even one month. Or to make it more details, it's only 16 days since Hyunseung birthday. This means, 16 days since Hee Young stop working for us. And it's already 20 days since Hee Young and I ended our relationship.

“Ah, I shouldn't bother about that anymore,” I picked up the chopstick.

“Ya. Wait for others. Don't eat first,” Yoseob babbled.

This time, I genuinely smile. I feel so grateful with my Beast members who never pushed me away even after that horrible scandal incident. I was grateful. This situation just makes us closer than before.

“Don't day dreaming in front of the foods, hyung,” Dongwoon gave me a quick shoulder massage.

“Aigo, our wise maknae,” I replied with a smile and pat Dongwoon on his head.

“Ya, maknae,” Yoseob called Dongwoon. “Now, answer me. Where is your other hyungs?”

“Moleugesseo (I don't know)!” Dongwoon ate one piece of kimchi.

“Ya! Wait for everyone!” Gikwang sat beside me and pinched Dongwoon on his arm.

I laughed upon looking at Dongwoon's reaction. Everything looked just like what we used to be before. Everything is back to normal, back to where it supposed to be.

 


Flashback

“Doojoonie, we want to help you to recover fast,” Gikwang looked at me.

“I know. But.. We don't have to do something like this,” I scratched my head.

“Anniyo. We have to do something like this. Just like in that television series.. How. How.. What’s the tittle Dongni?” Junhyung looked at Dongwoon.

“How I Meet Your Mother. They did 'Intervention' for their friends,” Dongwoon clarified.

“In.. Intervention? Buya?” I said to both of them.

“They helped their friends to overcome something by revealing the truth,” Dongwoon explained.

“Truth? For me? About what?” I was surprised.

“Not because of that cheap scandal or your broken leg,” Hyunseung replied. “But about your relationship,”

“Ya. Things already ended between Hee Young and me,” I annoyed.

“Ara-yo (I know). But, we need to make sure that you are totally going to be fine,” Yoseob supported.

“Then why we don't have this type of intervention during Junhyung's break up?” I looked at all of them.

“Junhyung-hyung is a casanova. We will become tired if we're going to do this intervention everytime he breaks up,” Dongwoon casually answered.

“Ya, maknae!” Junhyung hit Dongwoon before all of us laughed.

“Believe me, hyung. It's going to be alright,” Dongwoon smile.

“This is the least that we can do,” Yoseob sat beside me.

“So, shall we start now?” Junhyung looked at each one of us.

“Wait. This is so nerve-wrecking. What I'm supposed to say? What I'm supposed to do?,” I started to panic.

“Hyung, you're willing to do this with all of us, right?” Dongwoon suddenly asked.

“It's too late now. I don't even have a choice,” I sighed.

“ㅋㅋㅋ, then Yoseob-hyung. Maybe we can start now,” Dongwoon giggled.

 


End of flashback

“Aw hyung! It hurts!” Dongwoon sulked.

“Hyunseungie, Junhyungie, palli wa,” Yoseob shouted again.

“Seobie. You really acts like our eomma,” I .

“Here, lit the candle and hold the cake,” Yosoeb keep himself busy preaparing the surprise for Hyunseung.

“Wow, jinja. You prepared a lot,” Gikwang amazed.

“Palli Gikwangie. Hold the cake,” Yoseob passed the cake.

“Why all of you are so noisy?” Junhyung came looking half-awake, half-asleep.

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da
Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

“Is it my birthday already?” Junhyung asked and all of us stop singing.

“Aish,” Yoseob grabbed Junhyung to the side and continue to sing.

Sarang ha neun Hyunseung-shi
Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

“Happy birthday, Hyunseung,” Gikwang brought the cake in front of Hyunseung.

“Wow! I never know that we're going to celebrate my birthay today!” Hyunseung's eyes sparkled.

“Neither do I,” Junhyung who still confused step in.

“ㅋㅋㅋ. Junhyungie. Wake up, man,” I giggled.

“Ja, ja. Hyunseungie, blow the candles,” Yoseob urged.

“Make a wish first!” Gikwang shrieked.

“I wish that Beast can stay together forever and let's love for a long time,” Hyunseung say it out loud before blowing the candles.

 


Flashback

“I know that you want to love her for a long time,” Yoseob paused. “But, does she even worth for your tears?”

“Ya..,” I gave Yoseob my sharp gaze.

“Let's put Hee Young-noona as an outsider. Not as our friend, not as our main stylist. So we can finish this intervention in the most efficient way,” Dongwoon calmed me down.

“That's what I'm trying to do,” Yoseob replied.

“Doojoonie, why did all this conflict happen at the first place?” Gikwang asked.

“I can't tell you the real reason,” I stammered.

“Nevermind, because we already discover it by ourselves,” Gikwang smirked.

“What? Did Junhyung tell you?” I looked at Junhyung.

“They discovered by interrogate Jiyong-hyung right after that incident. Not my fault at all,” Junhyung surrendered.

“Hyung love Hee Young noona. What people said.. Ah, love at the first sight,” Dongwoon started to speak.

“But Hee Young little brother, Hyunsik, doing some towards, Junhyungie,” Hyunseung added.

“To cover that , there's where everything started. Behind your back, Beast and BTOB manager-hyungs planned a hidden agenda,” Gikwang explained.

“A win-win relationship,” Yosoeb paused. ”You got Hee Young as your girlfriend. And Hee Young pays back what Hyunsik did by becoming our main stylist,”

“But noona thought hyung decided to be with her because of Hyunsik. And not because of love,” Dongwoon supported Yoseob’s statement.

“And just like that, Hee Young misunderstood everything, got mad at you and decided to end the relationship,” Gikwang make a conclusion.

“Is that right?” Hyunseung looked at me.

“Hmm.. I.. I..,” I lost my words.

“And because of that, do you think its worth for you to be sad and begging for her to come back? She doesn't even give you any chance to speak. You have no chance to tell her the truth,” Yoseob increased his voice.

“Seobie,” Junhyung calm his down.

“I do not hate Hee Young. We are doing this intervention for Doojoon’s sake. You need to see from the other perspectives,” Yoseob sighed. “Yong Junhyung, say something,”

“I.. I don’t know what I should say,” Junhyung stammered.

“Then, why did you agree with these guys?” I looked at him.

“Because.. Because.. I felt burdened with this incident. Both of you are my best friends. I want to back you up but Youngie is my priority too. I don’t know how to help, thus I decided to go along with their ideas,” Junhyung answered.

“But hyung, you don’t have any opinion about this issue?” Dongwoon asked.

“Everything happened so fast. I might not know what actually happened behind the scene, but both of you make such a cute couple. Youngie.. She shouldn’t give up easily like this,” Junhyung sighed.

“I want to hit Jiyong-hyung and Jintaek-hyung badly when I knew what he did to all of you. I thought we are really brothers. Those hyungs already have been with us since our trainee days. It feels like they're using you guys,” Yoseob explained in anger.

“Ya, manager-hyungs must have their definite reason. They are taking care of us in every aspect, Yoseobie. Don't blame them. I'm not supporting them, but still it's not only their fault,” Gikwang speak up.

“I know. It's my fault too,” Junhyung looked at Gikwang. “It's my fault from the very first place,”

“Ya, how come it's your fault?” I asked.

“If only I care more about Hyunsik, he wouldn't do something stupid towards me. Then you will able to love Youngie like what she expected,” Junhyung replied.

“The conclusion now is, just move on Yoon Doojoon. Hee Young leaves you for a ridiculous reason,” Hyunseung sighed.

“I already move on guys,” I told them.

“I heard you're talking to yourself and crying the other night,” Hyunseung replied.

“Ya!” I hyped up.

“Jakaman, jakaman everyone. Please calm down,” Gikwang interrupted.

“Youngie is my best friend. But so do Beast. I care about you guys more,” Junhyung slowly talked to me. “But Doojoonie, it wills take time for you to move on. But what these kids said was right. Maybe you and Youngie are not created for each other,”

“Dude,” Yoseob suddenly hugged me.

“Wae,” I slowly pushed him.

“You know why we decided to this sudden intervention for you and not for Junhyung?” Yoseob asked. “Because like what Junhyung said, both of you are our best friends. We love Hee Young just like we love you. It hurts to see our best friends having dilemma like this. Now Hee Young even lost her job,”

“Gwenchana. All these nightmares will disappear soon. You have us,” Hyunseung looked straight to my eyes.

 

End of flashback

“Doojoon, you have doctor appointment today right?” Yoseob asked.

“Neh, at 5,” I answered while pouring more soups into my bowl.

“Let me help you,” Hyunseung helped me.

“Komawo, birthday boy,” I thanked him and smile.

“Do you want us to follow you?” Yoseob asked again.

“Do you guys want to follow?” I looked at all of them.

“I want to go!” Dongwoon excitedly replied.

“I might need to go to the studio after this. We have things to do right Junhyungie?” Gikwang asked the sleepy Junhyung.

“We did? Argh. I don’t want to go anywhere,” Junhyung murmured.

“Then you can stay at the dorm with me and play video games all day long,” Hyunseung suggested.

“Gikwangie, can we just do everything from our dorm?” Junhyung whine.

“Ya, Yong Producer. How come you are still sleepy even you have so many foods in your mouth?” Yoseob mocked him. “If that’s the case, then we can go together, Dongni,”

“Komawo Yoseobie, Dongni,” I smile and thanked both of them.

 

In the car

“Hyung, so you can take off the leg cast in few days?” Dongwoon asked.

“That what’s the doctor said. Ah, I feel so relieved,” I sighed in happiness.

“You can just do the physiotherapy session in our dance studio,” Yoseob suggested.

“If Hee Young-noona is still here with us, she might help you with the session, hyung,” Dongwoon said.

“Ya, stop bringing up about that issue Son Dongwoon,” Yoseob lightly hit Dongwoon.

“Just saying,” Dongwoon sulked.

“Gwenchana. So if Hee Young not here, no one will help me with my physiotherapy session?” I teased them.

“Anniyo hyung~ I will help you,” Dongwoon gave me a quick hug.

“Aigo, such a good maknae,” I patted him back.

“Hyung, can we.. Can we go to Yoseob eomma restaurant and eat something good?” Dongwoon suddenly suggested.

“Ya, maknae and food,” Yoseob babbled.

“But, I’m hungry,” Dongwoon keep sulking.

“You need to know Yoseobie, our maknae will always hungry,” I giggled. “What about you Yosebie? Can we just go to your eomma restaurant?”

“Sure. Then we can buy some for others. You can rest, Doojoonie. It still a long way before we arrived there,” Yoseob agreed. “Jiyong-hyung. Let’s go to eomma restaurant,”

I let out a deep sighed and looked out of the car. Hee Young names still popped put in our conversation and there’s no one to blame for when it happens. I’m glad each of Beast members join together in my intervention session previously since it helps me to understand my breakup from my beloved member’s perspectives. There’s no hates towards Hee Young anymore but there’s always the insecure Yoseob, worrying all the time that I might get hurt each time this topic was discussed. I smile and slowly closed my eyes. I wish.. I wish.. I wish that Hee Young and I can stay happy with our own lives, even we are not meant to each other anymore.

 


Picture credit:

www.allkpop.com

https://pbs.twimg.com

www.popsugar.com

https://40.media.tumblr.com

weheartit.com

www.youtube.com/Noah0910noah