What Was That

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

'Queen Annes Lace’ house

I tied up my hair and changed my clothes. I choosed a simple black polka stars long sleeve tshirt with a short pants. Appa send some of his workers to deliver the groceries and flowers to our house since Hyunsik told him that he wanted to invite all BTOB kids to have dinner at our house. I checked the ingredients box and smile widely. Most of it is ingredients to make Kimbab because it is Hyunsik favourite foods. And amazingly, the flower that was sent together was arranged by eomma and it is my favourite kind of flowers. Hyunsik already insisted both of our parents to come and eat together but eomma said they have friends who are coming over to their house tomorrow.

I put the flower on the vase and fill it with water. I was thinking to rearrange the upholstery positions but Hyunsik said he will be in charged with the decorations and I only need to focus on the cooking.

I heard someone pushing the password button in front of the door and I make my way to greet Hyunsik. Surprisingly he was not alone. There are Eunkwang, Changsub, Sungjae and their manager, Jintaek oppa tagging along.

“Anneyong yedera (you guys),” I hugged Sungjae, maknae of the group.

“Sorry for barging in noona. But Hyunsik-hyung said that he need helps to clean the house,” Sungjae replied.

“Hyunnie ya, there’s nothing much to do right?” I asked Hyunsik when I saw he passed by me and put his bag pack on the couch.

“I am not sure noona. We can discuss together. Plus, they planned to have a sleepover too. We might have to take out the mattress from the garage,” Hyunsik replied. “Maybe we should clean up the room first?” Hyunsik suggested.

“Sure. Kaja,” Changsub bowed and all four of them went to Hyunsik bedroom, leaving me with Jintaek oppa.

I ushered him to the dining room and pour some juice. I take out one slice from mom cakes that she sent and put in nicely on the plate along with some fresh strawberries.

“Here, have some,” I put the plate in front of him and make my way to the kitchen and continue unpacking the groceries.

“Ya, Hee Young. I heard from Jiyong (Beast Manager) that you were in the hectic situation in the café that day. Is it true?” Jintaek oppa started to dig in the cake while questioning me.

“Nothing’s wrong oppa. I was there with them for coffee talk before Dongwoon making some chaos like always. This is not the first time you heard Dongwoon making fuss at the café right?” I arranged the vegetables in the fridge while answering him.

“That’s exactly what I said to Jiyong. But he was wondering why did you hang out with his kids? Because I personally also think that is quite weird. Is it not weird to you Hee Young ah?” Jintaek oppa teasing me and I replied with a smile.

Jintaek oppa seems to understand and nooded back and focused on his cake while playing games on his mobile phone. Jintaek oppa is one of my closest buddies in Cube. We have been working together even before BTOB kids become trainee in the Cube building. He always shows his concern on me although he is not good in expressing it. But deep inside I know that this oppa really cares about me. Sometimes we can even communicate and understand each other using gestures. I am glad to have someone to rely on like him.

I finished unpack the ingredients and sat in front of Jintaek oppa. I peeked on his phone and saw he played Angry Birds with full focus.

“Oppa. I have something to ask,” I tightened my hands around my mug and waiting for his replied.

“Wae?” Jintaek oppa replied without looking at me. I grabbed his phone and he hissed.

“Ya, I almost win that level,” He then noticed my facial expression changed and he asked with a serious voice, “Are you okay? Allright allright. Oppa will listen to you,”

I keep myself calm before I confessed, “There is someone from our company that want to be friend with me,” I let everything out in single breath.

“So? I don’t see that as a problem. We are working in the entertainment industry Youngie ah. You just need to make sure that you protect you career and the credibility of Cube image. You know that right?” Jintaek oppa replied while playing with the flowers on the table.

“But it is not anyone regular. He is someone that sajagnim really cares about,” I handed back Jintaek oppa mobile phone and waited for his response. My heart beating really fast and I untied my hair to let out some nervousness.

“Sajagnim? Who? His wife?” Jintaek oppa joked around and laughed.

“Someone from Jiyong oppa kids,” I replied in the slowest volume that I can and looked at Jintaek oppa expression.

He put down his phone on the table and makes himself closer to me. He whispered, “Beast?”

I nodded and let out a small sigh. “I am not sure what’s happening but he was interested to be friend with me. I guess this is normal right, oppa? Besides, I might get to work with them in future. But somehow I feel different towards this situation,”

“It is quite weird for me. Not only because it happens to be Jiyong kids but also because of you. Why you are suddenly worried and concerned about this if this is the normal situation for you? 4 Minute also used to contact me before. What’s wrong with that? Did something happen?” Jintaek oppa cornered me with a dead question.

“I think Doojoon trying to flirt with me,” I replied with a blushed cheek.

“Murago? Yoon Doojoon?” He awed. “I thought it was Junhyung! This is weird. I never knew he has this kind of attitude,”

“I am not sure as well oppa. But he contacted me first and even asked for my Kakao username. Not only that, he sang in front of me and asked many weird questions. And to make it weirder, it only been twice since we met!” I poured out my worriedness before I heard Hyunsik and the BTOB kids coming down.

“Let’s talk later okay. Keep it out from Hyunsik. You know he is kind of protective,” Jintaek oppa reminded me. I nodded before whispered back, “Keep it secret oppa, I don’t want unexpected things happened to him and Hyunsik,”

Jintaek oppa nodded and drank his juice. He gave an assured look to me and I smiled. I am glad to have him as my big brother in Cube because he always helping me no matter what. He seems to hold the responsibility to protect me and Hyunsik at the same time. I remembered when one of Hyunsik fans tried to ambush me because they saw how close I am with Hyunsik and Jintaek oppa dragged me to the car before I got hurt. I am not planning to tell Hyunsik fans or other Cube staffs about this because I don’t want to receive any spotlight or attentions from the netizens.

“Noona, we already rearranged my room with the entire mattress. Should we rearrange the couch in the living room?” Hyunsik asked me while sitting on the table.

“It already fine here Hyunnie. You can play games or watched movie here. Maybe you can bring some small pillows from eomma and appa rooms and put it here. Hmm and maybe you can wipe some tableware and flatware for tomorrow,” I held Hyunsik hand and fix his hair.

“Arasso. Hyung, you can help noona and Sungjae can help me to get the pillow,” Hyunsik told Changsub and Eunkwang.

“Here, you can sit at the dining table and I will passed the plates and glasses for you,” I went to the kitchen and realized Changsub following me around. “Kekeke Changsubie, are you my bodyguard?”

“The plates might be heavy noona. Let me help you,” Changsub took the plates from the drawer and carried it to the front.

“I never saw your gentlemen side before Changsub ya,” Jintaek shouted from the dining area and before Eunkwang added, “He wants you to cook him dinner Hee Young ah!”

“Kekeke arasso. Let me cook something for all of you. What about mandu and tteokbokki? Hyunnie like pan fried mandu. What about you guys? Oppa which one does you prefer?” I asked each of them with such a loving noona face.

“Can I have steamed mandu?” Jintaek replied before Changsub and Eunkwang nodded and raised their hands, “Me too, me too,”

“Arasso. Be careful with the plates okay? Don’t hurt yourself and don’t break my plates,” I teased them.

Sungjae and Hyunsik came down with bags of pillow and a vacuum cleaner. Jintaek excused himself to go to the nearest mini mart to buy the drinks for tonight and tomorrow party. I took some pictures of them and send to eomma and appa.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

“Annyeong eomma! Neh, our Hyunnie really grown up now together with this BTOB kids. See how hardworking they are,” I picked up the phone call and wave my hands at Hyunsik.

Hyunsik took my phone and continue the conversation, “Eomma, eomma, this is Hyunsik. Neh, they want to have sleepover too. Neh, arasso. I love you eomma. Appa too,” Hyunsik handed back my phone at me and I ruffled his hair.

“Neh eomma, don’t worry. Jintaek oppa also will be watching the kids together. Anniyo, he won’t be sleeping here. Only the kids. Yeah, I miss you too. Don’t forget to take care of your health okay eomma?” I hanged up the phone call and keep myself busy in the kitchen.

 


After dinner time

It is quite loud during dinner although with only 4 BTOB kids in my house. This kid never stops to make jokes especially when Sungjae provoked Eunkwang. I laughed so hard when I saw how ugly Eunkwang face when he makes that silly faces. Eunkwang, Minhyuk and I basically the same age and we really enjoyed making fun for the kids but I guess my level of maturity is different than them. I might turned crazy too if I still hold their main stylist position.

They finished their dinner and Jintaek asked Hyunsik whether he wanted to sleep at home or at BTOB dorm. Hyunsik decided to stay and all of them went home and we promised to see each other early tomorrow.

Hyunsik wanted to watch movie together but I was so tired because of full schedules at the company today and from the kitchen duties just now. Hyunsik keep making his cute face and I know we rarely have time for each other like this so I agreed with the idea. Hyunsik selected one horror movie from the list and we sat on the couch while having mixed fruits with yogurts as our desert. Hyunsik really like to eat healthy and balanced diet and I sort off following the routine together for his sake.

I am not that brave in watching horror movie but having Hyunsik by my side make me feel much better. I almost fall asleep while watching the movie and the next thing I know is Hyunsik waking me up and asked me to sleep in the room.

 


Hyunsik POV

I insisted noona to watch the movie together since I might not have much time to spend with her after this. I grabbed bowl of mix fruits and noona scooped some yogurt into my bowl before I mixed them all and make my way to the living room. I choose Death Bell, a Korean horror movie and sat on the couch. It is quite funny to see noona screaming whenever we heard the suspense music but later I saw noona sleeping soundly while holding her bowl of fruits.

I grabbed the bowl and put it on the side table before continuing to watch the movie. It is quite scary so I all the lights and locked the doors and windows just to prevent me from getting unintended surprised.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

I almost spilled my bowl of fruits when I feel the buzz from the couch. It was noona mobile phone and I glanced at the caller name.

I whispered. “Yoonique? I bet I am familiar with this name,” I took the phone and put it on the floor.

My attention at the movie was distracted because the phone keep buzzing and it bothers me a lot. I am not sure how many time this Yoonique called so I decided to pick up the call.

“Yeah, Hee Young-shi, are you still afraid to pick up my calls?” the caller didn’t even give a greeting.

“Uh uh,” I am about to reply and said that noona already slept before I heard something unexpected from the caller.

“It’s me, Yoon Doojoon. You are not wrong,”

I ended the call, switched off the television, put the bowl in the sink and sat back on the couch while facing noona. Is it true what I heard just now?

I woke noona up and went to my room with mixed feelings. What on earth is happening between my noona with that Beast hyung?

 


Picture credit

http://img03.taobaocdn.com/

https://btobupdates.files.wordpress.com

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

http://upload.wikimedia.org/

http://images5.fanpop.com/