Coffee Talk

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

Cube building

It was a lovely day and Beast are waiting for their vocal class so Junhyung and Doojoon decided to stop by at Cube Café downstairs. They walked side by side and Doojoon saw a familiar figure from far. He whispered while smiling, “It’s her”.

Doojoon found it quite funny when Hee Young avoiding his gaze and start wearing her shades back. Hee Young cheek turned red and she realized that Doojoon are still smiling while still staring at her. Now she changed her strategy to avoid Doojoon gaze by keeping herself busy by searching something from her bag while looking down.

Junhyung saw what’s coming in front of them and rushed towards Hee Young. “Miss. You almost hit this little flower pot. This fella not guilty you know? Please watch out your step. You shouldn’t keep your head down while walking here. There are a lot of people passing by,” Junhyung advised while grabbing her aside.

Hee Young startled. Now she was in the double shyness situation due to her stupid act in front of Doojoon. But now it was with another Beast member, Yong Junhyung, Cube producer and Beast idol. Hee Young took a deep breath and tilted her head up. She was wearing bright red cardigan poncho style with tight black jeans and pair of black high heels. Hee Young tucked her sunglasses on the neck of her shirt before smiling back to Junhyung.

"Jwesong hamnida (I’m sorry). Thank you for helping. I was in the middle of searching something inside my bag. Sorry for any inconvenience Yong-shi. See you around," Hee Young bowed and about to leave the scene. She might die due to nervousness if she stayed any longer.

Doojoon couldn’t say anything at that moment when he saw how Hee Young repositioned her sunglasses and smiled back at Junhyung. That beautiful smile plus her eye-smile make Hee Young looks incredibly gorgeous and Doojoon almost carried away in his day dreaming before he heard Junhyung coughed. He then realized what's happening and quickly came back to his sense.

"Are you not going to buy some coffee? I thought you are on your way to the cafe," Doojoon tried to stop Hee Young with his silly smile and sharp gaze. He acted cool but deep inside he was having a hard time to stop himself from continuously staring at those smile.

"Hmm hmm no. Never mind. I guess I am not that thirsty anymore," Hee Young tried to escape.

"No, come and let’s join us. Doojoon is about to share one silly story with me just now. You can sit and listen together. Right Doojoon?" Junhyung suddenly has his guard on action and secretly winked at Doojoon.

Doojoon wasn't sure why Junhyung suggested that idea but somehow Doojoon felt relieved when Junhyung be able to express what was in his mind. But then Doojoon realized that he actually doesn't have any jokes to talk about. He tried to control his facial expression but managed to smile back at Hee Young and nodded.

"No thanks, I don't want to burden both of.." Hee Young tried her best again to escape from this nerve-wrecking situation.

"Coffee will be on me. Let's go," Junhyung cut Hee Young words and make his way towards the café counter.

Doojoon left alone with Hee Young and both are standing awkwardly so he tried to say something to Hee Young before Junhyung called both of them towards the counter.

Cube Café is one of the most popular places for K-pop fans to see their idols either they are Cube idols fans or not. It is not guaranteed that the fans are able to see their idols but they still can enjoy the good coffee and deserts here. Cube sajagnim gave the café tender to one of the Starbuck affiliates company so that the customers able to enjoy high quality of coffee in a warm environment. There are also one spot in the café where they have collections of Cube artist merchandise, albums and handprints.

"Doojoonie, what do you want? And you miss, what drink do you prefer?" Junhyung politely asked Hee Young when both are approaching him.

"Skinny Caramel Macchiato please," Hee Young requested with a soft voice. This is the first time she spoke to Junhyung since most of the time when she was in charged, Junhyung will be silent all the time. But this time Hee Young found his voice are much calmer with that husky echo that amazed her in many ways. Junhyung is so charismatic and has many uncountable charms as an artist. He is not solely an idol but he also produces songs, can act, rap and even good at dancing.

"Same with me," Doojoon patted Junhyung shoulder and scanned which table that is available for three of them in the café. “Let’s seat there,” Doojoon pointed at the only available table in the café which is beside the big window facing the road.

  

Hee Young saw some fans shrieked and waved to Doojoon and Junhyung when they saw both of them in the café. It was quite surprising for Hee Young when they easily can recognize both of them even when Junhyung wore a mask while Doojoon wore a big spectacle with their just-wake-up-hairstyle. Hee Young think that Cube idols fans are the best when they really respecting the idols and not rushing them to take picture all the time when they saw the idols are in the middle of something. She even respects the Cube idols when they will give a fan services when they are free; at least a signature or taking photo together.

"Yoon-shi, I don't think that me drinking together with you and Yong-shi is a good idea. I don't want to disturb your time with your fans," Hee Young feel so awkward. She is not that close with Beast at the first place and even worst, they even never had a proper introduction. Now she needs to sit together in this small table and enjoyed the coffee together. Hee Young tried her luck again to escape from the situation.

"But you know right the fans who comes to Cube Cafe always understand us. True Beauty won’t cross our privacy line. No worries miss, plus I heard from Yoseob that you are similar age like him and Gikwang. We all could try being friends right?” Junhyung responded while looking at Doojoon. He grabbed another chair towards the table and sat there to lure Hee Young to the table.

Doojoon gave that strange look to Junhyung. He can see how much Junhyung tried to persuade Hee Young to have coffee with them. Something is so awkward with Junhyung today and Doojoon do not want to ask about it now. At least not directly in front of Hee Young.

Hee Young make her way towards the table and sighed. How could she rejected Junhyung request when he mentioned how they can be friends and that is what Hee Young really aim since she knew about the main stylist vacant position. But on the other hand, how can she sat in front of Doojoon who has the sharpest gaze she ever seen?

"Junhyung hyung. Your order is done," The barista guy called Junhyung name and Junhyung make his way towards the counter.

Hee Young leave in speechless plus awkward situation again when Junhyung leave her alone with Doojoon. She wasn't sure whether she was shy or she was grateful. Hee Young tried to calm herself and put a positive thinking on it. It is not that bad to have coffee with Cube artist since her also a Cube staff after all right?

"So, what's your up to now?" Hee Young surprised. Is that Doojoon who asked about her life now? Hee Young tried to look at Doojoon gaze but it just makes her heart beat faster.

"Oh yes. Hmm there's there's some..," Hee Young speech seems not in place.

"Aigo. Miss, don't be that afraid. We just want to know about you more. Besides, all of us working in one place right?" Junhyung came with the trays with their ordered drinks. "Here are both of your drinks,"

Doojoon grabbed the drinks and offered it to Hee Young. Junhyung smirked and sat at his place. He is not coffee addict but he loves to get some shots of caffeine when he feels like he wants it.

"Miss, do you mind to introduce yourself to us?" Junhyung started the conversation.

"Haven't you heard I called her name just now Junhyung? Please?" Doojoon replied.

"Wae? I don’t even know her name. And did you ever mention her name before? You don’t even talk to her Doojoon,” Junhyung take off his mask and gave ‘that’ curious look.

Doojoon loss his word and take a sip of his drink to escape himself from Junhyung trapped question. He stepped on Junhyung feet secretly while giving that scary smirked at Junhyung. Doojoon repositioned his spectacle and try to look outside of the window when he saw some fans waved at him. Doojoon replied the wave with a nod and accidently his eyes meet with Hee Young’s.

Hee Young almost chuckled and she grabbed a tissue from her bag to cover . “Gwen chan ah?” Doojoon asked with a worried voice.

“Gwen chan ah yo. Hmm well by the way, Hee Young imnida. Nice to meet both of you Yoon-shi and Yong-shi,” Hee Young slightly bowed to both of them.

“Did I told you to drop that honorific and just called me Doojoon? Aish,” Doojoon replied.

“What? You already at that stage Doojoon-ah? Jiltunayo (I’m surprised)” Junhyung joked.

“Anniyo Yong-shi, we suddenly met at the corridor that day,” Hee Young tried to clear up the confusion.

“Then I guess you can drop the honorifics for me too. As mentioned before, our is not that far and we are Cube staff too right?” Junhyung put his hand at Doojoon shoulder and nodded.

“Yeah, I guessed you introduced yourself as Cube stylist advisor before right? Do you by chance know Rae Na noona? She is our main stylist and she’s moving with her husband this month,” Doojoon remembered from their last conversation.

“Ne, I know her. I thought she already left since her job now is already vacant,” Hee Young replied but she did not dare to stare at those eyes and keep stirring her drink.

“Oh really? Kekeke. Well actually I also not sure when she will left the company. I thought her resignation is extended end of this month. Right Junhyunggie?” Doojoon asked.

“Yeah, I guess manager hyung did asked her to postponed the resignation since we are having the comeback. But I think they planned to find someone to work together with her before she left the job,” Junhyung paused. “Did you want to work with her to be our main stylist? I think our Beast member really like to have collaboration with a fresh new stylist that never worked with us for the album preparation before. Someone like you. Plus you might not know that I am one of the producers for this comeback album. I somehow can see the positive potential in you,” Junhyung suggested.

Hee Young stunned when she listened to Junhyung explanation. She cannot respond back because she started to figure out whether it is a dream or reality.

“Wow Junhyung, I think you are using your power now. Can you actually make a sudden decision like this?” Doojoon asked although deep inside he would like to hear Hee Young agreed to Junhyung’s idea,

“Oh well..” Hee Young murmured.

“Noona! What are you doing here? Ya hyung, you are having coffee with Hee Young noona? I thought you going to buy the coffee and stay in the vocal room. Why don’t you call me too? Please buy me some coffee too, hyung. Doojoon hyung drink really looks good,” Dongwoon suddenly came out from nowhere and disturbed the conversation.

“Yah, Song Dong Woon can you please don't disturb us for one moment? Each time when I try to have a conversation with Hee Young-shi,” Doojoon exclaimed. Truthfully, he felt half relieved and half disappointed when this Dongwoon distract all of them especially when Hee Young are about to answer the question.

“This maknae! Go and order first. Don’t come here until your drinks are done!” Junhyung now spoke with a shrieking voice while Dongwoon giggled and dancing randomly before all of the fans in the café clapping their hands together.

“Thank you again Dongwoon,” Hee Young whispered silently.

 


Picture credit:

http://image.dhgate.com/

http://i0.wp.com/atkmagazine.com

http://25.media.tumblr.com/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/