Maknae

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

Incheon Airport

*this is Junhyung POV

We arrived safely at the Incheon airport and saw some Beauties waiting at the arrival gate. Since the flight from Hawaii to Korea is a long flight, I had to cover my puffy-no-makeup face with a mask and sunglasses. I tried to wave and bow towards the Beauties here and there before got into the van with others.

"Annyeong. How was your flight? Is Hawaii good?" Jiyong-hyung asked when we entered the van.

"Good hyung. We sure enjoyed ourselves so much there," Dongwoon cheerfully answered.

"Seems like only you who enjoying it?" Jiyong-hyung started the engine.

"Anniyo hyung. This trip will be one of my unforgettable moment in my life, hyung," Doojoon answered from the back seat.

"Did you enjoyed the activities there?" Jiyong-hyung looked at me from the rear mirror but I pretended to sleep.

"Of course, hyung! We need to come again. With everyone. I want to make other hyungs try the sky diving too. I bet with all my life that Hyunseung-hyung will be scared of it," Dongwoon laughed.

"Ma ja (That's true). Hyunseung is really scared with height!" Doojoon agreed.

"Hey Junhyung, what about you?" Jiyong-hyung doesn't gave up.

"Junhyung-hyung is sleeping. He must be tired," Dongwoon changed the attention.

I kept silent until we arrived at our dorm. Jiyong-hyung helped us with our luggage and I make my way to the kitchen.

I poured cup of milk and grabbed red bean bread from the shelve. I totally not in a mood today after what happened this morning.

 


Flashback

"Hyung, wake up," Dongwoon woke me up this morning.

"Argh, my head!" I screamed.

"We have nothing for you except this plain water," Tae Jo offered.

"Ya, what was on your mind that makes you continue getting drunk alone after our drinking session yesterday?" Doojoon asked me.

"Nothing," I sat on the bed.

"Liar," Doojoon chuckled.

"Hyung was depressed about Hee Young noona yesterday," Dongwoon joined Doojoon to tease me.

"Hee Young? I thought I am the one who supposed to get drunk because of her," Doojoon smirked.

"Ah, shut up," I ignored both of them before I saw Doojoon walked towards me.

"What?" I annoyed.

"You already slept when I got back last night. I don't know that you were drunk because of Hee Young. Is it true?" Doojoon asked me.

"So?" I grabbed my phone from the table.

"What's up?" Doojoon took a seat beside me.

"You know I was not myself when I was drunk. That probably the other Junhyung," I answered.

"Did you remember anything?" Doojoon sounds serious.

"Of course not. I only remembered getting drunk with all of you before you said you want to get some fresh air. And the next thing I know, it's already morning," I unlocked my phone.

"You called me last night?" I checked my miscalled notification.

"Checked who you called last night," Doojoon asked me.

"Wae?" I asked and clicked my call log. "Uh. I called Youngie. And we talked for about.. 5 minutes?"

"Still don't remember anything?" Doojoon questioned.

"Did you know about this?" I looked at Doojoon.

"Uh. You sure clueless Junhyungie," Doojoon stared at me. "Hee Young got sick last night because of you. To be exact, she had a hard time breathing. She collapsed in her room. Right after you said something to her in your conversation,"

"What? How? I'm sure it had nothing to do with me," I confused.

"You were mad at her. Can I say you were really, deeply, seriously mad since you were yelling and screaming at her," Doojoon sighed.

"No, I'm not. I won't do that to her," I denied.

"Apparently you did. And she was on the floor crying, and hurting because of you," Doojoon continued. "You were lucky Hyunsik was there. Or else, I can't imagined what will happened to her,"

"No! I won't do that to Youngie," I startled.

"You might have to apologize to her. I'm afraid she will be traumatized because of you," Doojoon stood up and glanced at me. "And I warn you. Don't you ever dare to treat Hee Young like that in future,"

"I know I won't do that to Youngie," I quickly responded.

"And stop calling her Youngie," Doojoon left the room.

I sighed heavily and looked at Doojoon from far. "How can I do things that will hurt her when her smile is what I want to see every day and everytime?" I whispered. "And you don't have rights to stop me from calling her Youngie,"

"Shall I call or text her?" I stood up and look at my reflection in the mirror. "I can't think! And why should this guy came up with Hyunsik name all over again? Argh!"

 


End of flashback

"Can I have some?" Yoseob stopped my flashback.

"What?" I looked at Yoseob.

"The milk. Aigo. Jet lagged?" Yoseob giggled.

"Ah, neh," I gave my glass to Yoseob. "Don't finish it,"

"Aih. So stinky," Yoseob laughed.

"How are you?" I cut the bread into half before offered it to Yoseob.

"Fine. Tomorrow is the rehearsal day for my musical. Are you coming?" Yoseob took the bread from me.

"Should I come?" I .

"I know all of you will come. Typical drama," Yoseob guessed.

"ㅋㅋㅋ, then why do you still want to ask?" I laughed.

"Hey Seobie," Doojoon came to the kitchen.

"Talk to you later," I make my way to the living room.

"Junhyungie, Junhyungie," I heard Doojoon called my name.

"Ya, don't you hear me calling your name?" Doojoon increased his voice.

"Doojoon, you don't have to shout. He can hears you," Yoseob advised.

"No he won't. I don't think so," Doojoon hissed before he entered the bedroom.

I sighed and the television. I switched between the channels and chose the MTV channel. Yoseob sat beside me with a plate of grapes.

"Have some," He offered me.

"Aish!" I sighed and turned off the television when the channel showed a song from BTOB kids.

"What's with that?" Yoseob asked me.

"I am not in the mood," I gave an excuse. I cannot honestly told Yoseob that I am annoyed with Hyunsik.

"Why so sudden? Why your mood is changing?" Yoseob confused.

"Kaja," I took my car key from the key box.

"Where?" Yoseob stood up.

"I want to drink," Junhyung grabbed Yoseob's arm.

"I can't. I have practised after this," Yoseob stopped me.

"Aish!" I complained.

"Hyung, let's go together," Dongwoon suddenly appeared and walked with me towards my car.

 


Restaurant

We entered the restaurant and chose the secluded table in the restaurant. Since lunch hour is already over, there are not many people yet. I kept wearing my sunglasses but remove my mask.

"Should we drink soju Dongwoonie?" I asked Dongwoon.

"Hyung, we just got drunk yesterday. Should we take a rest for a while? I bet your condition is not 100% recover yet," Dongwoon said to me.

"This is not what I expected. You are here to be my drinking partner," I was mad at him.

"Hyung, let just eat first and talk about your worries," Dongwoon suggested.

I sighed and seems to agree with Dongwoon. He sure a wise maknae for all of us. Especially in the crucial situation like this.

"Let's have Haejangguk (hangover stew). You will love it," Dongwoon smiled at me.

"Arasso," I finally gave up.

"Should we invite other hyungs too?" Dongwoon asked me.

"No. Please no," I stopped him.

"Arasso hyung. But you need to promise me. If you don't want other hyungs to join us, you will have to share what's in your mind with me," Dongwoon gave a rule to me.

"Ya this maknae!" I shrieked.

"Come on hyung. Who else can help you in this situation? You are not in a good condition with Doojoon-hyung. Even Tae Jo-hyung is busy. So the only person who know the story well is me," Dongwoon smirked.

"What do you want to know?" I stared at Dongwoon.

"What was in your mind? What makes you worried so much?" Dongwoon suddenly become serious.

"Nothing. I might be stressed a bit," I started to eat when the foods arrived.

"Is it about Hee Young-noona? I wonder how come people can hold a grudge towards others just because of one person," Dongwoon poured plain water for me.

"I don't have any grudge towards others. Stop making up a stories," I looked at Dongwoon.

"Then it's true you are like this because of Hee Young-noona?" Dongwoon trapped me.

"Ya!" I grabbed Dongwoon by his collar. "Just be straight forward,"

"Fine hyung! I know you and Doojoon-hyung like Hee Young-noona. But you need to remember. Beast is all I have. Beast is my life. And hyungs are everything to me," Dongwoon pushed my hand away.

"We work hard to make this special comeback for Beauties. And for all of us. Why did you need to fight with others because of one lady and easily forgotten our initial intention?" Dongwoon put down his chopstick.

"Hyung, I don't care if you want to fight with Doojoon-hyung to get that noona. But please you can just choose not to fight. Fans will realize it. They must be hurt if they knew about this," Dongwoon sighed.

"And you have to know, it's not that I hate Hee Young-noona. I won't hate anybody. Not that kind and lovely people like noona. But if I have to choose my future with hyungs or this noona, I will definitely choose hyungs. We work so hard to get where we are now," Dongwoon continued.

"Jaebal hyung. Don't let Yoseob-hyung, Gikwang-hyung and Hyunseung-hyung know about it. And don't burden Jiyong-hyung with out immature behavior," Dongwoon begged.

I was startled. Everything that Dongwoon said suddenly makes me realize how selfish I am now. How immature I am now. And every single words that came out from his mouth, everything is true.

"Don't be too selfish Junhyung-hyung," Dongwoon said to me before he continued eating.

"I am not selfish Dongwoonie. Why everyone told me that I'm selfish person? I am not," I told him.

"Who else that said you're selfish?" Dongwoon asked me.

"Someone said it. During our trip. I just don't remembered it," I taste the soup.

Dongwoon let out a loud sigh and looked at me. "No hyung. You're the one who yelled at Hee Young noona all night, telling how she was being the selfish person you ever meet in the world. But now it looks like you are more selfish than Hee Young-noona,"

I startled. 

 


Picture credit:

http://33.media.tumblr.com

https://pbs.twimg.com

http://images5.fanpop.com