All This Time

That one 'Beauty' for that one 'Beast'

Cube Styling Room

I gave a quick turn at the new styling room. Everything looks good with the new arrangement of furniture and the new color of lockers that I just painted last week. I have that one habit to rearranged and do the room makeover regularly so that I won’t be bored with it. With a relieved sigh, I smiled and look up the time at the wall. It almost lunch hour and I went down to get my daily dose of coffee from the company café.

I walked down the stairs and passed by voices of people singing with high note and laughing loudly. Sound of the instrument also can be heard and I just smiled. This is my life every day and I am so in love with it. Cube is really like my second home with the warm-hearted people in this company.

I arrived at Cube’s Café downstairs and saw two familiar faces there. It was my BTOB dongsae; Peniel and Ilhoon.

“Annyeong” I greeted while walking towards both of them.

“Annyeong noona, I miss you!!” Ilhoon replied with a bow and later he opened his arm as a gesture to hug me.

“Ya, sweet-talker Ilhoon! How you guys doing? I rarely see you in the building nowadays” I gave a slight hug back to Ilhoon.

“We are quite busy with CF noona. Peniel-hyung and I just finished ours last night and other members still continue their CF this morning” Ilhoon replied while looking at the Café menu.

“Noona, do you want some coffee?” Peniel asked.

“Yes please, I want..”

“I know. Skinny Caramel Macchiato. Right noona?” Peniel cut my sentence with his smile

“Noona we have been together long enough to know what you want. See how much we love you?” Peniel continue to tease.

“Kure, how can I forget how much you guys love me. Komawo Peniel, Ilhoon” I replied while ruffling their just-woke-up hair.

“Noona, manager hyung asked about you from Hyunsik that day. Did Hyunsik tell you anything?” Ilhoon continue the conversation while paying for the drinks.

“Anniyo. Wae? Something happen to my Hyunsik?” I asked with that worried intonation in my voice.

“I’m not sure. Noona! My Hyunsik. Then what about us?” Ilhoon start making his duck-face.

“Kekeke, my Ilhoon, my Peniel, my BTOB dongsae. I am about to grab a lunch after this. Do you want to follow me?”

“We cannot go noona. We have vocal practice this afternoon.” Ilhoon replied with a sigh.

“Do you want me to order anything for you guys?” I asked them with my pity voice.

“No thank you noona, manager hyung will buy something for us later,” Peniel replied.

“If like that, then it’s fine. You shouldn’t skip your meal. And btw, thanks again for this coffee. I will talk to your manager hyung later about that mysterious issue. Take care,”

I walked to the counter to pick up my drink and rushed to my car. I took out my phone and send a text message to BTOB manager.

“Oppa, I meet the kids today at the café. You want to talk to me about something? Is it important?” I hit the send messages and start the car engine.

“Ya, that kids never know how to shut their mouth. Are you busy now? Let’s go to lunch. I am with your Hyunsik now” I got the replied at the right time. I was extremely hungry and texted back the restaurant address as a place for us to meet.

 


20 minutes later

“Hee Young noona!!” I heard someone screaming my name once I step in the café. I was shocked but expected from that little cute Hyunsik.

“Hyunnie ya, how are you my baby?” I hug him and hold his hand towards their table. There are other people at the table. Jiyong oppa, the Beast manager.

“Annyeong-haseyo, long times no see,” I bowed to them and sat beside Hyunsik, in front of Jintaek oppa, the BTOB manager.

“Let’s order first and we can talk about this while eating” Jintaek oppa replied and I started to dig into the menu.

The food arrived and I cannot resist sharing some of my food with Hyunsik. I just miss him. We rarely meet each other although we are in the same building. As I am not BTOB main stylist anymore, we do not have any reason to see each other regularly. Hyunsik smile and offered his noodle to me.

“Omo, omo, Hee Young why not you try to feed me too?” Jiyong oppa asked.

“Kekeke we always like this at home hyung. Noona is the best, better than Eomma,” Hyunsik chuckled with a mouth that full with food.

“I think last time we meet each other is last 2 weeks. My Hyunsik is so popular today so he always busy,” I replied with a grin.

“It’s quite sad that you choose not to work with BTOB anymore. Or else we can be a perfect couple managing this little kids,” Jintaek oppa said jokingly.

“Ya hyung, what is that? Do not try to tackle my sister. You need to face me first,” Hyunsik replied while staring at his manager.

“Kekeke such a protective little brother you have here Hee Young ah,” Jintaek oppa giggled before pouring some water into my glass.

I had a big smile in my face. My little brother is not little anymore and he is big enough to protect me. He amazingly owns his own money at a very young age that makes me feel so proud of him. Eomma is always worried about Hyunsik and that’s why I recommended him to Cube sajagnim few years back. At the beginning, not all Cube Family know that we are siblings thus, the audition process are quite natural and unbiased. Since there is too many rookies group when they decided to debut, sajagnim assigned me to be their main stylist and that’s how BTOB kids and I got close to each other. I am not only their stylist but also a noona. But sadly, I decided to stop being their stylist one year later when their group already has been accepted in the industry. I want to give my Hyunsik more freedom to explore more as an idol without worrying about his sister. After all, making Hyunsik dreams come true is more important for me.

“Hee Young ah, I want to talk to you about something,” Jiyong oppa speak up and cut my day dreaming.

“Neh oppa, is there anything that I can help? Is my Hyunsik behaving badly nowadays?” I asked while giving that look to Hyunsik.

“Anniyo, actually our main stylist decided to move oversea with his husband. We are quite busy with the comeback and promotion for this new album and would like to offer you a position of Beast stylist. It is only for temporary though, until their comeback is done because the team is already on their way to find the new Beast stylist. Since you are not tied with any groups in the company, I would like to offer this position to you,” Jiyong oppa paused before continue.. “I did not talk to the sajangnim yet but I want to propose you for this position,”

I gulp my drink and look into Hyunsik.

“Wow, thank you for telling me this. I never expect this from the Beast team. I never worked with Beast before,” I looked at Hyunsik with that concern face. My position in Cube is always stylist advisor for any groups in the company even for the CEO and the staffs. I do not have any direct contract for one group except for BTOB kids. This will be the second group for me but I saw these as bigger issue than BTOB since Beast is Cube first precious son. To keep up with their standard will not be easy for me.

“You can try your best noona. Besides, this is only for few months until they get their new stylist. This will be a great opportunity for you since their music is different than ours. I know you can do it noona” Hyunsik tapped my shoulder as an act of encouragement and smile.

“Kure, if you agree, I can give a very good feedback of you to the sajangnim. You did well with our BTOB kids. I know you can challenge yourself with Beast. Besides, there’s a lot of former Beast stylist that can help you too,” Jintaek oppa added while doing thumbs up to me.

“Thank you everyone. I am so speechless right now. Thank you again,” I bow to them with a high hope in my heart.

 


Beast practice room

 

“Hyung, I heard that our main stylist noona is going to follow his husband to USA,” Dongwoon start the conversation for that morning.

“Really? It’s fine as long as the new stylist can match our concept well. Plus this is like one of my favorite album so far thus, I really want a good image of us for the jacket album and the photoshoot,” Junhyung commented while stretching his body for the practice.

“I hope the new stylist come with a good body curve, long hair and nice legs,” Dongwoon added.

“Ya, it is not that this noona will be in our MV. This is our damn stylist Dongwoon ya,” Doojoon scolded Dongwoon and laughed at his comment.

“I know hyung, but if the main stylist is good looking, will I be more excited to dress up well for Beauties?” Dongwoon laughed back and start doing his weird dancing routine.

“Beauty pabo” Hyunseung added.

“Kekeke. Hyung, we all are beauty pabo. Especially that hyung over there,” Dongwoon said while pointing to Yoseob at the corner of the room.

“Of course! I am no 1 fan of Beauties,” Yoseob replied with his cheeky aegyo.

“Ya, Hyung Don-hyung and Defcon-hyung warned you not to do any aegyo anymore!” Gikwang screamed as he entered the dancing practing room.

“Kekeke, Yoseobie will always be our aegyo king,” Hyunseung commented silently while smiling.

 


Picture credit:

https://www.facebook.com/BTOB.Peniel.D

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mccq6f4JfT1r55hpm.jpg

http://upload.enewsworld.net