Sickness

Thirteen's a Crowd

The morning came quickly and when you woke up the television was off and you were in bed alone. You looked around, being careful of how you moved, and saw that the bag of peas was in the garbage can beside your door. There was a note on your bedside table.

If you need anything text me, I’m downstairs. Kris didn’t come home last night and is out all day today so you have the upstairs to yourself.  – Chanyeol

You rolled out of bed and walked over to the mirror, taking off your shirt and pants.

You were shocked at what you were looking at. The night before you had tried not to look too much but the longer you stared at yourself in the mirror the more you realised that you couldn’t hide it with makeup, and that you couldn’t hide into your room forever.

You put a sport bra and underwear on, putting Chanyeol’s clothes on again over top of them. Wearing tight clothing was not going to happen for a while. You also had no idea of how you were going to be able to make yourself go to school on Monday.

Your body was so sore. When you walked you felt burning and your throbbed every step you took. You were dreading going to the washroom.

You opened your bedroom door, peeking out and looking around before walking quickly to the washroom and shutting the door behind you. You brushed your teeth and carefully washed your face, patting your cut tenderly.

I hope this doesn’t scar. You thought, looking at the cut closely in the mirror. There was a loud knock at the bathroom door and you jumped. Tears sprang to your eyes at the shock.

“Sarah! When are you coming down stairs?” You heard Baekhyun yell.

“Uh…” You sniffed and wiped your eyes. “I’m really not feeling good today, I think I’m just gonna be up here for the day.” It wasn’t a lie exactly, you were feeling terrible and you didn’t feel like being around everyone.

“Okay, I hope you feel better.” You could hear him walking down the stairs and you felt bad that you were keeping secrets from all of them. You looked around the bathroom. There was a plastic bag tied up in the garbage can. Wondering what it was you took it out and opened it.

It was your ruined clothes from the night before. It was so nice of Chanyeol to clean up your mess. You picked up the fabric from your “underwear”; they were torn to shreds.  You could see bloodstains on them and its like you could feel your stomach turn, you fell in front of the toilet lifting the lid and threw up. You threw the clothes back in the garbage and threw up again.

You lay down on the tile floor and lifted your shirt up feeling the coolness on your back. You breathed deeply in and out trying to relax yourself. You could feel your stomach starting to churn and you got sick again. You stayed in the bathroom for another half an hour getting sick.

There was a soft knock on the door.

“It’s me.” You heard Chanyeol say. The door opened a crack and he peeked his head in, then came in and shut the door behind him. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m sick.” You stated.

“Actually?” He sat on the floor beside you.

“Actually.”

“Come here.” He took your hand and turned you around so that you were lying with your head on his lap. “Have you been up for a long time?”

“Not really, I looked at all of the bruises and everything this morning though, for the first time…” You looked towards the opposite wall, trying to hold back tears.

“It will get easier.” He brushed your hair out of your face and tucked it behind your ear. “I’ll do something to take your mind off of everything.”

“Like what?”

“Whatever you want.” He smiled widely, making your heart hurt.”

“Sing to me.”

“Uh…okay.” He laughed awkwardly and then coughed, preparing himself.

“The loneliness of nights alone, the search for strength to carry on, my every hope has seemed to die, my eyes have no more tears to cry. Then like the sun shining up above, you surround me with your endless love. And all the things I couldn’t see are now so clear to me. You are my everything. Nothing your love won’t bring. My life is yours alone, the only love I’ve ever known. Your spirit pulls me through when nothing else will do.  Every night I pray on bended knee that you will always be my everything.”

He stopped singing and looked down at you. You were looking away, crying silently. You turned around to be facing his stomach and wrapped your arms around his waist, pressing your face against his shirt. You felt his hand on your head.

* * * * *  

“I think I need to say something to the guys.” You said to Chanyeol as you both sat on your bed.

“What are you going to say to them?”

“I don’t know, just that something happened to me and I just need some time. I cant hide in here forever. It’s going to be a long time before my face and neck are healed enough for people not to notice.

“Okay, when do you want to do that?” He asked, staring at you with concern.

“Tonight I think. I’m going to text them all and tell them to be at home.” You took a deep breath and got up, sitting in front of your mirror. “I don’t want to say all of it more than once if I can help it.” Chanyeol just sat on your bed as you put your hair up.

“Do you mind if I keep these pants for awhile?” You asked, leaning back to look at him.

“No not at all, they’re all yours.”

“Thanks, Chanyeol.”

“Uh, ya know…” He stammered. “You can-you can call me oppa if you want to.” He suggested. You got up and sat beside him on the bed.

“You will always be my oppa.” You assured him, resting your head on his shoulder. “I don’t think I have ever been this close to a boy before.”

“What about the guys you’ve dated?” He asked, putting his head on yours.

“I don’t think I would have been comfortable with them knowing what you know.” You admitted. “They weren’t exactly great people.” You added.

“What do you mean? Why did you date them if they were mean?” He asked, genuinely confused.

“You’re going to think that I’m stupid.” You were so embarrassed for talking to Chanyeol about your past relationships.

“No I won’t. I won’t judge you.”

“Well people can have a lot of different types of relationships. I’ve only had two real relationships. They first one, I was totally blind and in love with him. I was so young too, all I saw was him.”

“That sounds good.” He smiled at you.

“It was at first but when you are that young you don’t know what you want and you just want to be grown up.” You shook your head at yourself. “He broke up with me and even though I saw people after it took me two years to get over him.” You laughed, “But I guess that’s alright, he was my first for everything so getting over that is hard.”

“How old were you?” He asked.

“I was fourteen.”

“He was your first for everything?” Chanyeol was shocked.

“Yea…it’s a lot different in Canada than it is here. People are much more open and free to make their own choices, even if those choices aren’t good for them.” You explained.

“So what was your other relationship like?”

“Well it started off the same, but something happened after we were together for a long time and he cheated on me. I tried to forgive him because I loved him so much but it was never the same. It ended up just being a physical thing, and we were never the same.” You played with the fabric of your pants, keeping your head down. You didn’t want to see the judging looks Chanyeol was giving you.

“I don’t understand.” He said quietly.

“Understand what?”

“Why someone would cheat on you. If I was your boyfriend I would make sure you knew all the time that you were the only one for me.” He laughed, trying to lighten the mood. “Is that not what it is like in Canada?”

“For some people maybe. But people here generally have a lot more manners than in Canada, or North America in general. Its just a different upbringing.” You stated.

“Well then I will go to North America and teach the boys there to be men!” He laughed, putting his hands on his hips and smiling like Superman. 

“I think you should.” You laughed.

Throughout the rest of the day Chanyeol floated in and out of your room checking on you and bringing you drinks and food that you couldn’t make yourself eat. Even though your talk earlier had made you feel better when you were sitting by yourself you sank into a deep depression. You cried and slept all day on and off, only getting out of bed to use the washroom.

It was nine o’clock at night when Chanyeol came into your room to tell you that all of the guys were home.

“Okay, can you tell them I’ll be down stairs in ten minutes?” You asked, pulling the blankets off of you.

“Yea, sure.” With that he left, shutting the door behind him.

You got up and put a sweater on, not bothering to look in the mirror, there was no way to make this look any better.

You walked down the stairs quietly, listening for the guys in the living room. You could hear Chanyeol talking to them.

“Sarah is having a really hard time, so don’t look really shocked when you see her, just let her talk and leave her alone if she wants you to.” He warned them all.

“Isn’t she just sick?” Baekhyun asked.

“No, she is going to talk to you guys about it though.” Chanyeol said sternly, eying everyone to make sure they understood.

You heard a pause in the conversation and went down the second flight of stairs into the room. Everyone turned towards you and all talking stopped automatically.

“H-hi guys.” You smiled lightly, but it didn’t reach your eyes.

“What happened to you?” Kai asked, jumping up and running towards you.

He moved his arms towards you and you flinched, stepping back against the wall. His arms fell and you could see the hurt in his eyes.

“I’m not going to hurt you.” He whispered, but he went back to his seat.

“Sit here, Sarah.” Kyungsoo got up from the armchair and offered it to you.

After you sat down you looked at everyone, taking a moment to make eye contact with each person. You could see the confusion and hurt in their eyes. You looked towards Chanyeol who was standing behind everyone. He nodded at you reassuringly. You could feel the tears starting in your eyes are you prepared yourself to start speaking.

“So something happened last night.” You took a deep breath. “I was attacked by someone, and they hurt me very badly.” You paused again, dabbing at your eyes with your sweater. “I don’t want to go into details, I don’t want to talk about it, I just want to try to get back to normal. I just wanted you all to know because you can clearly see that something happened.” You gestured to the cut on your face.

“Who was it?” Chen asked.

“I-I don’t know.” You lied. You didn’t want to get into it and have the guys looking for someone, that way you would never be able to move on.

“That’s why you wanted to go home?” Luhan asked, eyes falling to the table.

“Yea.”

“We will do whatever we can to help you.” Tao said, and everyone nodded in agreement.

“Yes, don’t hesitate to ask any of us for anything.” Suho smiled, nodding at you.

“Thanks guys.” You smiled again, this time it reached your eyes. “I’m really tired, I’m going to go back to my room.” You got up, wincing as you got a sudden pain. Taking a deep breath you walked past them and up the stairs, trying not to look at their faces.

* * * * *

 When you were settled back into your bed you could hear the guys moving around the house, talking and going to their rooms.

You heard Kris in the bathroom outside your room and a part of you wished that he would come in so that you wouldn’t have to be alone, but he didn’t. You heard him go to his room and close his door.

You cried, looking around your room. It was hard to be alone, because when you were alone you felt like anything could happen to you. To try to take your mind off of things you put Peter Pan on again and watched for a little while, falling asleep to it. 


Hey guys!

So I have a question for the people that read this story, Where are you guys all from?

I havent had the opportunity to talk to anyone on this site, I just write and post chapters. I would love to get to know you guys. I think that the best part of sites like this is making new friends! so comment with what country you are from or add me as a friend on here I would love to talk to all of you guys! 

Also I think that I am going to start putting a song to go with all of the chapters, I take a lot of my inspiration for my writing from the songs that I listen to so this chapter will obviously be My Everything, but not the 98 Degree version the version that was performed at Music Bank.

Here's the link to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQSRZNZiJ4A