Christmas Vacation

Thirteen's a Crowd

Supper went really well, you made small talk with Chanyeol’s parents through the meal. His mother brought dessert out and started to talk to you both about the wedding.

“Now, I understand that it has only been around a month since you got engaged but I heard from Baekhyun’s parents that Jima is making your wedding dress. So I was wondering when you wanted to have the wedding?”

“Well,” You looked at Chanyeol and he smiled at you, “We were thinking maybe in June or July.”

“Oh that would be a beautiful time of year. Do you know where you want to have it?”

“We haven’t really talked about where we want to have it or what kind of wedding we want.” Chanyeol said.

“Well, it’s something to start thinking about, if you want a good venue you have to book quite far in advance.”

“Okay, mum.” Chanyeol said, “We’ll start looking into it.”

“And, of course,” His father said, “We want to pay for everything. Our gift to the both of you.”

“That’s too much!” You said.

“Nonsense. It will be the first day of the rest of your lives and we want to make that happen.”

“Thank you so much!” You bowed your head gratefully.

“That’s enough talk about the wedding for now, we’ll let them make some plans before we go ahead with anything.” Mrs. Park said before taking another bite of her dessert. “So what are you plans for the next few days?”

“We’re not really sure. Just hang out around here; maybe I’ll take Sarah downtown. Chanyeol suggested.

“That sounds nice.” His mother said happily, “Give you guys a couple days to relax and unwind from the first semester of the school year.”

“Exactly.” Chanyeol smiled.

“Is everyone finished?” His mother asked.

You all nodded.

“Thank you for the wonderful supper.” You said to her.

You and Chanyeol walked into the hallway and he took your hand.   

“What are you doing?” You asked.

“I just wanted to hold your hand. We never really hold hands.” He smiled down at you cutely. “It makes me feel like we’re in high school.” He said as you walked up the stairs.

“Yea, it does feel like that, doesn’t it?” You agreed, “I like it.” You squeezed his hand.

“Do you want to continue the feeling with a movie date?”  He asked, “In my basement, of course.”

“Okay.” You smiled as he dragged you into his room. “Can we get our pajamas on?”

“Of course.” He laughed, “Watching movies isn’t fun unless you’re in pajamas.”  

“That’s true.” You took a couple pairs of pajamas out of the drawer.

“Wear the shorts.” He said.

“Why?”

“How am I supposed to efficiently feel you up with pajama pants on?” He tapped your as he walked by.

“Mmmm, good point.” You nodded sarcastically, but put the shorts on anyways.

“What movie do you want to watch?” He asked.

“I don’t think it’s going to matter.” You laughed. “Let’s watch a romantic comedy.”

“Sounds good.” He took your hand again as you walked down to the movie room in the basement.

You walked over to pick out a movie and Chanyeol got a blanket.

“I don’t know how to make this work.” You said, looking at the sound system and DVD player.

“You can just sit down and I’ll do it babe.”

You handed him the DVD on the way to sit down.

“Chan?”

“Yea?”

“How are we going to cuddle with the arm rests in the way?” You asked.

Chanyeol got the movie set up and pressed a came back over to the couch. He pressed a button on the armrest and it started to lift up.

“Just like that.” He said, sitting down beside you. He put the blanket over you and got the movie started. “Ready baby?”

“Yea.” You lay down and put your legs over his.

You watched a bit of the movie, laughing and starting to get into it.

“Baby, push over some.” Chanyeol said. He moved behind you so that he was spooning you.

“I really like these movie nights.” You said, smiling.

“Well we can do this all day every day while we’re here.” He said, hugging you tightly.

“Well we might still have to do other things.” You laughed. You turned around to face him. “Can we do Christmas decorating tomorrow?”

“For sure.” He nodded. “We don’t decorate very much though.”

“Well we will this year.” You smiled.

“Okay.” He kissed your forehead.

You went to turn back around to face the movie and Chanyeol held you tighter.

“You know what? You’re so beautiful.” He said, his hand coming up to the back of your neck.

You blushed, “Stop it.” You smiled.

“I’m being serious, I love you so much.”

You leaned forward and kissed him lightly.

“I love you too.” You said, kissing him again.

Chanyeol deepened the kiss, his tongue tracing your lower lip. You opened your mouth and pressed your body against him, your leg wrapping around his waist. His hands moved down and cupped your .

He moved his hands moved up under your shirt, pulling it off your body and throwing it to the floor. You kissed his neck before sliding his shirt off too.

“What if they hear us?” You asked.

“They won’t,” He nipped at your jaw, “It’s soundproof.”

* * * * *

You woke up hours later; the projector was blue against the wall. You pulled yourself off of the couch, feeling your skin peal off the leather.

“Chanyeol,” You whispered, “Honey, wake up.”

Chanyeol stayed asleep, turning over onto his back.

You got the blanket off the floor and put it over him and then you collected your clothes, going up to the bedroom.

You walked slowly up the stairs, your legs shaking with each step. When you got into the bedroom you got in bed slowly, sighing as you got comfortable.

Looking around the room and lying in bed without Chanyeol felt so weird. You didn’t have to wait long though, because you could already hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

Chanyeol came into the room, closing the door quietly behind him.

“Babe, are you awake?” He whispered.

You sat up to look at him as he walked over.

“I woke up and you weren’t down there.” He said as he crawled into bed beside you.

“I tried to wake you up, but you wouldn’t move.” You giggled, “I just got up here anyways so you weren’t alone for long.”

“Good.” He pulled you in towards him so he was spooning you. “Lets go back to sleep.” He kissed the top of your head.

You both fell asleep quickly.

* * * * *

You woke up early in the morning to voices in the hallway and rolling suitcases.

Chanyeol’s parents were getting ready to leave.

You rolled over again trying to go back to sleep. You tossed and turned until you heard the front door shut and the car going down the driveway. You got up and went to have a shower.

You showered quickly, pulling your hair into a bun and getting dressed in some comfortable clothes.

You went back into the bedroom to see Chanyeol still sleeping.

You ran and jumped on the bed and his eyes shot open.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, sitting up and looking around.

“Nothing’s wrong.” You smiled. “Get up and get ready.”

“Get ready for what?” He asked, rubbing his eyes.

“We’re going to get a Christmas tree!” You said, bouncing up and down.

“Alright, I’m getting ready.” He nodded, getting up.

“I’ll be here.” You smiled. You got in bed, in Chanyeol’s spot and turned the television on while he went to go shower.

You found a channel that was playing Home Alone with Korean subtitles and decided to keep it on that. It was nice to watch something in English. You closed your eyes listening to the television.

“Sarah.”

You opened your eyes slowly.

“I’m ready to go.” He said. “You fell asleep.”

“Sorry, I just had a long night.” You winked playfully as you got up.

“Let’s go get your tree.” He wrapped his arm around your shoulder as you made your way to the bedroom door.

* * * * *

The snow fell heavily as you and Chanyeol drove out of Busan to get a tree.

“How are we going to get the tree back?” You asked.

“We’ll get it delivered, and then we can decorate it tomorrow.” He said, “After we pick out the tree we can buy some more ornaments and other decorations you want.”

“I’m so excited!” You smiled, clapping your hands. “I’m so happy I’m doing this with you!”

“I wouldn’t want you to do it with anyone else.” He blew you a kiss. Chanyeol looked at the time, “I think we passed it. We should have been there by now.”

“That’s okay, we can just turn around.” You shrugged.

You turned the music up a bit and leaned your head against the window singing along quietly. Chanyeol turned the car around and started turning down the side roads to find the tree lot.

After another half an hour you still couldn’t find it.

“It’s okay, we can just go home.” You said, taking his hand.

“Are you sure?” He asked, glancing at you and squeezing your hand.

“Yea, it’s just a tree.” You laughed, trying not to be sad about it.

“We’ll give it another shot tomorrow.” He smiled.

“Okay.”

You drove back to the house in relative silence, stopping to get some food to bring back on the way.

“When we’re done eating lets get the decorations out of the basement.” Chanyeol suggested.

“Alright.” You smiled. You helped him unpack the food and got out a couple bowls for the rice.

You ate quietly, watching the small television in the kitchen.

* * * * *

When you were both finished and the kitchen was cleaned up you both went to get the decorations.

When you had brought up the decorations from the basement you were staring at a measly four boxes.

“That’s it?” You asked, looking up at Chanyeol, who had his arm around you.

“That’s it my dear.” He sighed.

“Okay, well let’s get started.” You laughed.

You opened all the boxes and started taking some things out.

“Before we put any of this stuff we need to decide where the tree is going to be.” You said, nodding to yourself as you looked around the living room.

“Alrighty, just tell me where to put things and I’m your man.” He smiled. 


Thanks for reading guys! I know this one is kind of short but I'm moving back into residence to this week has been hectic!

Comment and upvote! <3