Running in Circles

Thirteen's a Crowd

Saturday came quickly, and you woke up a lot earlier than normal to clean your room and make sure that the house looked presentable for when Hyojin came over to study.

It was ten thirty and Hyojin was coming over at twelve, so you had some time. You decided to just relax and took your yoga mat down to the living room where there was more space. You moved all of the furniture out of the way and spread the mat out, lying on it. You did a quickly meditation and started your yoga session. You were really stressed out about the audition tomorrow and yoga usually allowed you to calm down, so you figured that since you had some time you should get some in.

You heard a cough from the doorway.

You were in downward dog position and you looked between your legs to see Tao watching you.

“Hey.” You greeted, not changing your position.

“How’s it going?” He asked you, walking past you to the couch.

“Not bad, just getting in some exercise before Hyojin comes over.” You knelt on the mat and went into child’s pose, taking deep breaths in and out.

“I see that.” He laughed, “If your interested I go to a yoga fusion class some weeknights, you can join if you want.”

“Yoga fusion?”

“Yea, I do martial arts but they start the class off with yoga to stretch you out and warm you up before you start to train.”   He explained.

“Yea, that sounds like a lot of fun!” You were excited by the idea of getting out to do some classes; you and Tao hadn’t spent a lot of time one on one and you wanted to get to know him better. You also thought about how it would be good for you to learn some self-defence.

“Great.” He picked up his hoodie from off the couch. “I’ll see you later, I’m going to work.”

“Okay see you.” You continued with your workout for another half an hour and then moved the living room back to normal. You ate some fruit and read the newspaper in the kitchen as you waited for Hyojin to get there.

Were you guys going to study downstairs or in your room? What if all of the guys were around and they started to bother Hyojin. They could be kind of overwhelming sometimes, so you knew from your first meeting with them. Hyojin was a pretty girl and the guys were definitely going to notice.

The doorbell rang, interrupting your thoughts.

You ran over and opened it quickly, not wanting to keep Hyojin waiting in the cold.

“Hey!” She smiled, waving her hand, the other held onto her backpack that hung from one shoulder.

“Hey, how are you?” You asked, inviting her inside.

“Well I think I’ll be a lot better when we are done this study session and I can think clearly!” She laughed. She followed you out of the foyer and you showed her the downstairs.

“We’ll go to my room. I live with a lot of people so it can get pretty distracting down here.” You explained as you lead her upstairs towards the third floor.

All of the guy’s rooms on the second floor were closed, leaving no sign that anyone was home except for you.

“Are all of your roommates gone?” Hyojin asked, looking down the dark hallway.

“No, some of them are at work, and I think the others are studying in their rooms, maybe some of them went to the library. There’s usually always a part of Saturday that’s quiet like this, so everyone can get their work done.” You showed Hyojin into your room.

“Your room is really nice.” She stated, looking around.

“Thanks, I really like it. I was lucky that I got to paint it and everything, it made it feel more like home.” You smiled, looking at your home.

“I still live with my parents. It kind of sometimes.” You both sat on your bed and spread your books out, preparing to study.

“Why don’t you move out and live with some friends?” You asked her.

“It saves a lot of money to live at home. But its hard to make good friends at school when you live with your parents.” She said absentmindedly, flipping through her notebook.

“Well if you ever want a good time you can come over and hang out with us. We eat and play a lot of video games.” You laughed. “We are a hard-core bunch.”

“Well all of that sounds a lot more fun than sitting at home with my parents.” She stated. “You are so lucky that you get to live with a whole bunch of girlfriends.”

“I actually live with all guys.” You laughed. “Me and twelve guys.”

“Wow,” She breathed. “That should even better.”

“Its better and worse.” You laughed.

With perfect timing Kris appeared in your doorway.

“What’s better and worse?” He asked you, raising his eyebrows.

“Living with you.” You smirked.

“Living with me is the best thing that has ever happened to you. Don’t lie to me.” He walked into the room and turned towards Hyojin. “I’m Kris, its nice to meet you.” He extended his hand to her and she took it, shaking it politely.

“I’m Hyojin, its nice to meet you as well.” She smiled, kindly.

You looked at the both of them. They were both such beautiful people, Kris was wearing dark wash jeans and a V-neck shirt with a sport coat over it, Hyojin had on a baggy sweater tucked into her skirt and knee high black socks. They just looked like two people that would fit together.

“So why do you look so fancy?” You asked, interrupting their eye contact.

“I just got back from an interview for my program.” He answered. “Why do I look good?” He raised his eyebrows seductively. You could see Hyojin blushing on the other side of him.

“Definitely. The young millionaire look really works for you.”

“It works for everyone.” He turned around and walked out of your room. He turned back towards Hyojin before he went back to his room. “Will you be joining us for supper, Hyojin?”

“I’m not really sure.” She looked towards you questioningly.

“Yea, I think that would be great!” You smiled.

“Great! I’ll tell Kyungsoo to make sure we order enough, what’s one more person.” He laughed as he walked across the hall and into his room.

“Sarah, how do you live in this house and not go crazy?” Hyojin asked you immediately after Kris shut his door.

“It’s not always easy.” You laughed. Hyojin really had no idea how much it was hurting you to see Kris being nice to her like that. It was such a superficial thing but since the dream you had you were so confused about everything: if you liked Kris, or Kai, or if you didn’t like either of them.

“Lets get to work.”

* * * * *

Hyojin and you had been studying hard for three hours and decided to take a break.

“Do you want something to drink?” You asked her, closing your book and pushing it away from you.

“Yea, sure!” You both got up and you led her downstairs to the kitchen.

You pulled her through the living room quickly so that the guys wouldn’t have time to talk to her. You were greeted by Chanyeol in the kitchen.

“Hey Chan.” You waved, walking past him to the fridge. “What do you want to drink? Pop, water, juice?” You asked Hyojin.

“Uh, whatever you’re having is fine.” She smiled.

“Hi, I’m Chanyeol.” He nodded to Hyojin.

“I’m Hyojin.” She smiled back.

“So your in Sarah’s philosophy class?” He asked her.

“Yea, we just met this week actually.” She stated.

“Well it will be nice for Sarah to have a friend that’s a girl.” He winked at you and turned to leave the kitchen, “It was nice to meet you.” He said to Hyojin before leaving. 

“He’s really nice,” She said to you. “And cute.”

“Yea, he’s my best friend.” You said. It was the first time that you said that and you really meant it. Chanyeol was there for you no matter what, and with how the last weekend went it was a good thing that he was.  

Chanyeol heard you talking about him after he left the kitchen and stood on the other side of the wall listening to you talk about him.

“He is just a really great guy. I can’t believe I have him as a friend. I could tell him anything, I think.” You gushed about him. “Lets go back upstairs, we can put a movie on or something until supper.”

He could hear you guys walking towards the kitchen door and quickly ran back upstairs to his room.

“So do you have a boyfriend?” You asked Hyojin on the way up the stairs.

“No,” She blushed, “I wouldn’t know how to even talk with a guy for a long time.” She laughed. “I went to an all girls school before this and I haven’t met many people so I haven’t had the chance to date.”

“Well, that can be our mission, getting you some dates!” You nudged her playfully and continued to your room.

You put a random movie on as you and Hyojin talked about school, boys, music and everything else. Time passed quickly and soon Kris was knocking on your door telling the both of you to come down for supper.

“Sounds good!” You hopped off your bed and the three of you walked down to the kitchen.

As you expected all of the guys started talking and crowding around as soon as they saw Hyojin.

“You guys can sit.” Lay said. “I’ll bring both of you plates.” He offered.

“Thanks Lay.” You smiled. “You can sit here.” You motioned to a seat and sat down in the one beside it.

Baekhyun sat down on the other side of you and leaned over to whisper in your ear. “Your friend is really cute. What’s her name?”

“Guys!” You announced. “This is Hyojin, she is a friend from my philosophy class.”

She waved shyly and all of the guys waved back enthusiastically shouting hello and hi at her. She looked around at everyone and you could see how overwhelmed she was getting. You took that moment to go around the table and introduce everyone.

“So beside me is Baekhyun, then Kai, Lay, Chen, Sehun, you’ve met Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Xiumin, Tao, Suho, you’ve met Kris, and beside you is Luhan.” You pointed to each as you said their names and they said hi to her individually.

“It’s nice to meet all of you.” She smiled. Then the questions started…

“So how old are you?” Sehun asked.

“I’m eighteen,” She could see all of their eyes widen. “I skipped a few grades in elementary school.”

“What’s your program?” Suho asked her.

“My program is philosophy,” She stated.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Baekhyun asked abruptly.

You hit him “Baekhyun! Don’t ask stuff like that!”

“I do not.” She laughed, answering anyways.

You could see all of the guy’s eyes open widely. Ugh. You thought. You could see them swooning over her already.

Dinner was painful for you as you listened to all of the guys talking to Hyojin, asking her questions, and giving you eyes saying: Thank god you brought her over.

* * * * *

You were finally saying goodbye to Hyojin after another hour and a half of all the guys talking to her after supper. You walked slowly up to your room, falling onto your bed. It had been a tiring day.

“Sarah?” You heard Chanyeol ask from your doorway.

“Hey.” You said, taking your face up from the pillow.

“Tired?”

“You have no idea.” You breathed, putting your head back on the pillow. You patted the bed beside you inviting him in.

“Is something wrong?” He asked.

“Close the door.” He did and sat down on the bed, next to you.

“All of the guys love Hyojin.” You said. “I mean, that’s not bad, its good that they like her because I do, and I want her to be around more often. But everyone was falling over themselves tonight at dinner.”

“That bothered you?” He asked as he lay down facing you.

“Well...not with everyone.” You sighed.

“Do you like someone in the house?” He asked, perking up. Chanyeol held his breath, hoping that you were going to say his name.

“You can’t tell anyone!” You scolded, sitting up, “So I had a dream a few nights ago…” You recapped the dream at the restaurant.

“So who was it?” Chanyeol asked excitedly. 

“Pinkie promise you wont tell?” You stuck your hand out.

“I promise.” He pinkie swore with you and sat up again.

“It…it was…” You let out a deep breath, “Kris. It was Kris.”

Chanyeol’s face fell, and he struggled to smile again so that you couldn’t tell how he was really feeling.

“Kris,” He said, more than asked. “Are you going to tell him?”

“Well, no I don’t think so, cause I had another dream. It was way more embarrassing to talk about. It was super intimate and unexpected…” You blushed.

“About Kris?” He asked, getting worried.

“No, this one was about Kai. I had the dream the night after we went to the studio together.” You said shamefully. “I am just really confused right now.”

“About which one you like?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yea, of if I like either of them. I’m not really sure how I feel. I’ve just been brought into this house before knowing you guys so I don’t know what my feels really are.” You put your head in your hands. “I wish I didn’t have feelings.”

Chanyeol rubbed your back as you mumbled about the dreams and feelings.

“Well I’ll always be here.”

“You’re a really great friend.” You moved over and hugged him.

Friend. Chanyeol thought.  Just a friend.

“I feel a lot better getting this stuff off of my chest.” You laughed, “I think I’m just gonna go to bed, I have my audition tomorrow and I need my rest.”

“Okay, I know you are going to do great tomorrow!” He hugged you again and left.

* * * * *

You were sitting in the living room of a really nice house, the lights were turned down low and you could hear someone in the kitchen.

“Red or white wine?” A man shouted.

“White is good.” You answered. You looked around and saw that one wall was full of books, and there was a desk beside the window with a lot of papers everywhere.

“Good thing you said that, because I guess we don’t have any red wine anymore.” He laughed. You were face to face with Kris again. He handed you one of the glasses and sat down beside you.

His leg was pressed up against yours and his arm was draped over the back of the sofa around you.

“It’s great to have a night just the two of us.”  He said as he took a drink. He set his glass on the table and took yours from you to set down. You were looking down at your lap as he put his hand on your cheek and pulled you to look at him. “I love you, Sarah. I want you to know that I really mean that.”

“I know you do.” You smiled as he kissed you on the cheek.

“I wanted to ask you something…” He moved off the couch and got down on one knee. “Sarah, will you marry me?”

“Really?” You asked, shocked.

“Of course, I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

“Of course! Yes!” You beamed, tears filling your eyes. He pulled a ring out of his pocket and put it on your finger.

You stared at the ring. It was huge; nothing like what you could have ever expected yourself to wear.  You looked back up at him kissed him passionately. Your arms wrapped around his neck and he stood up, carrying you over to the desk. He sat you down and moved the papers so they wouldn’t get in the way.

You could feel his hands all over you as he kissed her neck. You could feel the thoughts of arousal turning to thoughts of fear.

“This is so great.” He breathed into your neck. “I am so happy you said yes. I love you.”

“Kris?” You asked, “Please slow down.”

His grip was getting tighter around your waist and you could feel him pressing himself against you.

“Kris!” You yelled.

“Shut up.” His voice changed drastically, it got more rugged, like he had been smoking, and he grabbed your hair.

“STOP!” You shouted. You were crying now as he forced your dress up, on your neck.

You tried to pull away to get off the desk but your legs were trapped under him.

“Please! No! It hurts!”

Your hand shot out and made contact with someone. You opened your eyes and saw Kris.

“No! Stay away from me!” You shouted, trying to pull away from him, He had his hands around your waist.

You were back in your room.

You swung your arm around and hit him in the face. You jumped off your bed, crying and ran down to the second floor. You hit open the door to Chanyeol’s room.

“What’s the matter?” He asked, holding your face.

You couldn’t get the words out to tell him what happened. You were sobbing wildly, and hyperventilating.

You could see a silhouette in the doorway and you screamed at the sight of Kris.

“Go away!” Chanyeol yelled, he got off the bed and slammed the door in Kris’ face.

He got into bed and tucked you in with him.

“It’s fine.” He whispered in your ear.

You cried for what seemed like hours, and Chanyeol just held you. You could hear his heart beating in his chest and it seemed to comfort you. It made you feel safe. 


Thanks for reading guys!

Comment and subscribe! :)