Moving Along

Thirteen's a Crowd

Chanyeol walked into the house after a long day at work, he was exhausted and just wanted to sit down. You walked over to him and kissed him on the cheek.

“I’m glad you’re back.” You said, hugging him.

“Me too, I missed you.” He kissed your forehead and then walked into the kitchen. “Hey guys!” He greeted happily.

“Hi daddy.” A little girl smiled at him.

“What did you guys do today?” Chanyeol asked her.

“Mummy and I painted and we went outside.” She smiled.

The kids were still very young. The girl was three and the boy was eleven months old.

That sounds like a lot of fun.” He smiled. He picked up the girl and gave her a hug and a kiss, and then picked up the baby, kissing his forehead. “Why don’t you go watch some cartoons and play before dinner?” He suggested.

The little girl looked up at you and you nodded, saying that she could go.

Chanyeol walked over to you and hugged you from behind. He moved your hair and kissed your neck.

“You know I don’t have work tomorrow.”

“Yea,” You said, smiling.

“So I was thinking maybe we could drop the kids off at my mother’s house and we could have the night alone.” He kissed your neck again.

“That sounds great.” You turned around and kissed him.

“And that’s the end of the dream.” He said, smiling at you.

You leaned forward so you were on your hands and knees and kissed him.

“I hope it turns out like that.” You said before kissing him again.

“I know it will.” He smiled.

The doctor had already been in to see him since he had been up and you called his mother and father to tell him that he was awake and doing well.

“I told the guys that you are awake.” You said to him. “I just texted Baekhyun to tell them all.”

“Okay good. Why aren’t they here?”

“Only immediate family is allowed in.” You said.

“Oh, well it was nice of them to let you in then to stay with me.” He smiled, taking your hand.

“Actually, I lied and told them that I was your fiancé so that I could get in.” You blushed. “It was Baekhyun’s idea.”

“Well I’m glad he had it. I wouldn’t want anyone else to be here.” He smiled.

“Good. And at least later today you can be put in a normal room and have more visitors. I know the guys all want to see how you’re doing. And everyone else will be here tomorrow so they will want to see you as well.” You said.

“I totally forgot about that.” He sighed. “I want you to go to the festival with them.” He said.

“No way. I’m going to stay here with you.” You said sternly. “I’m not leaving you.”

“But I want you to go and have a good time.” He said sadly.

You stared at him blankly. “Chanyeol. On what planet do you think that me going out with the rest of the guys would make me more happy than being with you.” You said straightly.

“I don’t know…”

“None.” You smiled. “I’m staying with you. I’m going to bring our computers in and we are going to watch movies and eat and laugh and have fun right here.” You kissed his cheek.

“You are the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” He smiled.

You blushed, shaking your head. “Don’t be silly.”

“I’m not.” He turned your face to look at him, “I could have everything and it wouldn’t be anything without you to share it with.”

* * * * *

An hour or so had passed and Chanyeol’s parents arrived with his brothers. Yoon-Son and Jae-Hwa sat with their brother on his bed, playing cards and telling him funny stories to cheer him up.

You went downstairs to give the family some time with Chanyeol alone. Before you left he asked you to go over to the bed. You complied.

“Before you go,” He pulled you close to him and kissed you. His brothers made faces and his mother sighed happily. He looked at his brothers, “When you get older and have a girlfriend that won’t be gross anymore.” He laughed, “I’ll see you later.”

“Bye, I love you.”

You walked into the waiting room and all of the guys stood up at once.

“Can one of you give me a ride back to Chanyeol’s? I need to shower and I’m going to get some stuff for him.”

“Yea, we’ll all go with you.” Baekhyun said, getting his keys. “We could all use a little cleaning up.” He laughed.

All of the tension had dissipated since you all realized that Chanyeol was going to be all right, now it was just a waiting game for him to come home. You sat in the back seat between Sehun and Kai.

“See I told you it was going to be fine.” Kai smiled at you.

“I know, and I should listen to you more often.” You smiled. “But we still haven’t talked about what happened. I mean, he knows he was drinking when he fell, but he doesn’t know that he fought and he was really mad at me.”

“He wasn’t mad at you.” Baekhyun jumped in. “He was sad and he was scared that you didn’t love him as much as he loves you.”

“That’s ridiculous.” You said.

“I know; that’s what we all told him.” Baekhyun started to think about the night before…

-Baekhyun’s Flashback-

“She wouldn’t stick around if she didn’t love you.” Baekhyun said to Chanyeol.

“You’re right.” Chanyeol stood up. “I can’t wait until Christmas to propose to her.” He yelled.

“So when are you going to?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Thursday night.” Chanyeol started to walk around the beach, “I’m going to get the band at the festival to play a song for us, and after the song is over I’m going to call her up on stage.” He had climbed onto the barrier that separated the parking lot from the beach. “And when she comes up I’m going to tell her how much I love her and then I’m going to get down on one knee and-” He fell.

-End of Flashback-

Baekhyun shook himself back to the present conversation.

“Don’t worry Sarah,” Baekhyun said, “I think he remembers more than he let on.” All of the guys smiled, knowing what he was talking about.

You pulled up to Chanyeol’s house and you got out of the car.

“What time do you want us all ready by?” Sehun asked.

“An hour?” You asked, “Is that enough time.

“It’s perfect.” He said, “See you in an hour.”

You watched Baekhyun’s car pull out of the driveway and you went into the house. You kicked your shoes off and went up to have a shower. You felt disgusting and dirty.

Hospitals might be clean but they make you feel awful. You thought as you got in the shower. 

You sang to yourself as you washed your hair.

“I want to be your only ace…” You smiled to yourself. He was going to be all right, you still had time.

You got out of the shower quickly and put on comfortable clothes. You packed some extra things for you and then packed some sweat pants and pajamas for Chanyeol. You also packed your laptops and phone chargers and then you went down to the kitchen to see if there were any snacks you could bring for him.

Lena was in the kitchen cutting vegetables when you went in.

“How’s he doing?” She asked, before you could talk.

“He is doing very well. He has a headache but other than that all of his senses are good and the doctors said he should be out in a couple days.” You said happily. “Do you know of anything he likes to eat that I could bring to him? Just snack stuff.” You asked.

“Yea, sure.” She wiped her hands on her apron and went to one of the cupboards. She pulled out a candy bar and a bag of chips. “This is what he always eats when he’s here.”

“Thanks,” You said as you took them from her.

“No problem, give him my best.” She continued to prepare supper.

“I will.” You smiled and left the kitchen.

When you looked at the bag you packed you realized it had way too much stuff in it. You just wanted to make sure that he had everything he could need.

“Hey are you ready?” Baekhyun yelled from the front door.

“Not quite. I need help.” You yelled down. “Come up here.”

You could hear him running up the stairs.

“What is it?”

“Well I packed some stuff for him but I feel like there’s way too much.” You motioned to the open bag.

“Uh, yea.” He started taking out clothing. “He doesn’t need four pairs of pants.” He laughed at you. He took out most of his clothes and packed two shirts and pair of pajama pants and sweat pants.

“That’s it?” You asked.

“Easy as that.” Baekhyun laughed. “I’ll take this down for you.” He took your bags out of your room and you looked around once more before shutting the lights off and following him.

You couldn’t sit still through the drive.

“Calm down.” Kai said.

“I can’t! I’m so excited to see him.” You squealed.  You got a text:

From Chanyeol

Come back, I miss you.

To Chanyeol

I’m on my way now. Love you.

“You need to relax” Kyungsoo said to you as you tapped your feet.

“I can’t help it!”

“We’re here!” Baekhyun said, pulling into the parking lot.

You went into the hospital as fast as your legs could carry you and made your way to Chanyeol’s room. He was sitting up in bed talking with his parents.

“Sarah!” He smiled. “Good news.”

“What is that?” You asked.

“Mum and dad have hired a nurse to come to the house so I can go home tomorrow.” He fist pumped the air.

“That’s great! It will be much more comfortable than staying here.” You sat down in the chair beside his bed.

“Well we are going to take the boys home and get your room sorted for you.” Ms. Park smiled at him.

“Okay, see you later.” He said. You waved goodbye to them as well.

“What’s in the bag?” He asked after they left.

“Just some stuff to keep you entertained, and some of your own clothes.” You laughed.

“You didn’t need to bring me anything, really, just talking to you is enough.” He took your hand.

Chanyeol suddenly winced and grabbed his head.

“Are you alright?” You asked, shaken. “Do you need me to call the doctor?” You asked, standing up and leaning over him.

“No, no. The nurse said this would happen.” He said through gritted teeth. “Just a really bad headache.”

* * * * *

The headache passed after a few minutes and you excused yourself to get a drink, but you went to go find a nurse.

“Excuse me.” You asked.

“Yes?”

“You are Park Chanyeol’s attending nurse right?” You asked.

“That’s right. How can I help you?”

“Well he is having bursts of really bad headaches and I was just wondering how long they are going to last.” You asked.

“Well, he was very lucky, but with any head injury there are repercussions. I would say in about a month they will be gone completely, but in some cases they never go away, they just get more rare.” She explained.

“Does he know that?” You asked, nervously.

“Yes, the doctor explained everything to Mr. Park. We gave him the option of being medicated but he declined.” She flipped through some paperwork. “Is that all?”

“Uh, yes, thank you.” You walked away confused. Why would he decline the medication? 


Thanks for reading guys!

Comment, upvote and subscribe <3