Fittings

Thirteen's a Crowd

“I think we should look into adoption.” Chanyeol said into your ear out of the blue as you two tried to go to sleep.

“When?” You asked, feeling his arms wrap around you tightly.

“As soon as possible.” He said.

“Is that a good idea?”

“I think it’s a great idea.” He kissed behind your ear and then your neck.

You sighed, “I don’t know Chanyeol. I don’t want this to go poorly. I don’t want any more disappointment.”

“I don’t either.” He said, “These things take months and sometimes years to go through, but I want us to have everything in order so that when we decide we want to we don’t have to wait even longer.”

“Yea…” You trailed off, not really knowing what to say. “I think we’re taking this all too quickly.” You said, worrying.

“What do you mean?”

“One step at a time, Chanyeol.” You said. “We aren’t even married yet and we need to finish school. We still have so much to do.” You said. “We need careers before we can have children, we have to be able to take care of them.” You were trying to reason with him, but you knew that he was now set on the idea and you had to wait for it to wear off organically. 

“Well, I’m done after next year.” He said.

“But I still have three more years.” You said, reminding him.

“I can take care of them.”

“Them?” You asked, “As in multiple?”

“Well…yea.” He said bashfully.

“It’s too late for this.” You said.

“It’s only nine thirty.” He retorted playfully.

“It’s too late for this kind of discussion. It’s a big deal and we can’t just decide this after a ten minute conversation while we lie in bed.” You sighed, “Let’s just go to sleep.”

“Alright, well just know that when you’re ready I am too.” He said before kissing you again.

You were silent for a while. You couldn’t stop thinking about how much you have talked about having kids with him.

“Goodnight love of my life.” He said quietly, trying to see if you were mad at him.

You leaned back into him and entwined your fingers with his, “Goodnight babe.”

* * * * *

The next few days were busy, spending time with Chanyeol’s family and organizing everything for your new home and the wedding. Chanyeol’s mother decided that the two of you needed a wedding planner so you were in the process of picking one to help with everything.

You had made so many checklists that you didn’t know what to do with yourself, and you still had schoolwork to do as well.

Baekhyun accompanied you and Chanyeol as you drove around Busan running errands.

“This car really is awesome.” Baekhyun said from the back seat. “I want one for my birthday.”

“No matching things.” Chanyeol said, laughing.

“Well I’ll get it in red, or white.” Baekhyun stated. “Are you guys gonna go to the station to pick up the guys as well?”

“Yea, you’re taking your car, I’m taking my Father’s and Sarah’s taking this one and that should collect everybody.” Chanyeol said, nodding.

“That’s tomorrow right?” You asked.

“It sure it. At around five or six at night I think.” Baekhyun said, “I’ll check just to make sure and check to see if everyone’s coming…and Hyojin.”

“You don’t like Hyojin?” You asked.

“It’s just weird with her around.” Baekhyun said, “Kris acts way different than he does when it’s just all of us.”

“Yea, I’ve noticed that too.” Chanyeol agreed, “If he really likes her, which he does if he is gonna ask her to move in, then he should get comfortable around her and be normal.”

“I don’t want her to move in.” You admitted.

“Why not?” Chanyeol asked.

“I like being the only girl in the house. It’s just going to be so different.” You sighed, thinking about it.

“Well we don’t know if he asked her yet so we’ll see tomorrow night I guess. She’s coming with him as far as I know.”

“Who’s staying where?” You asked.

“Kai, Kris, Hyojin, Sehun, and Kyungsoo are staying with you guys.” Baekhyun said. “There’s not a ton of room at my place because of Jima and her leach.” He said bitterly.

“Kris and Hyojin are staying together?” You asked, “Is you’re mum going to like that?”

“Yea…I don’t know.” Chanyeol hummed, “Maybe you can stay with her in the guest room and Kris will bunk with me.” He suggested.

“I guess so.” You sighed, looking back out the window.

You pulled into the parking lot of the tailors to look at the suits for the groomsmen.

Chanyeol had decided that it would be Baekhyun as the best man, with Kai as the only other groomsmen because you didn’t have any girl friends in Korea, but Jackson said that he would be your maid of honor if you wanted, which you gladly said yes, and Monica would be your other bridesmaid.

“I think I’m going to ask Jackson to give me away.” You said as you got out of the car.

“Is that really what you want?” Chanyeol asked, face contorting, “I mean…that’s a good idea and all, it’s just…”

“That it would be weird for the guy you used to date to hand you over to your husband.” Baekhyun said bluntly.

“Just don’t think about it like that then.” You huffed. “I don’t have anyone else. Jackson’s been around my entire life and he knows me best. I wanted to ask Jason but I just don’t think we’re close enough for that. I don’t want someone to give me away that I am on bad terms with.”

You walked quickly to the door, not wanting to explain yourself further. You were already mad about having to stay with Hyojin for the next few days and then Chanyeol not being on board with your decision you were getting more and more angry.

You could head them whispering behind you as you went into the shop.

“Hello.” The man behind the counter greeted the three of you.

“Hi, we have an appointment to look at tuxes’, for Park Chanyeol.” You said.

“Indeed, right this way.” He said, waving the three of you into the back room.  

He started off by showing Chanyeol the different kinds of suits they had and what would best fit their body types, which was pretty much anything for them. Then he set Baekhyun up in the dressing room and he started trying things on.

You and Chanyeol sat on the love seat across from the fitting room as Baekhyun got into the first suit.

“I think that it would be good for Jackson to give you away.” He said. “I wasn’t thinking about it like that, and he is someone you have known for a long time, so I want him to do it.” He put his hand on yours, squeezing it lightly.

“Thanks.” You rested your head on his shoulder.

Baekhyun came out of the fitting room a few minutes later and the man quickly tacked up the bottom of his pants.

“Looking good man!” Chanyeol nodded. “Definitely an option.”

“There is one other groomsmen right?” The tailor asked.

“Yes, he’ll be in in a few days for his fitting.” Chanyeol said.

The afternoon was quite long for you; after a few suits they all looked the same.

“What are the colours for your wedding?” The tailor asked.

“Uh…we haven’t really decided.” You said.

“Usually the vest matches the colour of the wedding.” He informed you.

“I think it should just be black then.” You said, looking at Chanyeol for confirmation, after all, it was his suit.

“Yea, I think just black would be fine.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Great.” He wrote some information down, “Lets go back out to the front.”

He confirmed the orders for Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s suits, and took down the estimates of Kai’s sizes and the pieces he would need and you were out of there.

“How long was that?” Baekhyun asked, closing his eyes in the back seat.

“Two hours.” You said.

“That was a really long two hours.”  He said.

“I agree.” Chanyeol piped in as he started the car.

“How much of the list have we accomplished?” He asked you.

You looked through you phone, “Suits, flowers, cake.” You said. “There’s a lot left but I think those are some pretty major things. Lets just go home.”

“Are you going to call Jackson when we get back?” Chanyeol asked.

You looked at the time; it was three thirty.

“No, I think I’ll wait until later tonight, when I know he’ll be up.” You laughed, “After all, it is only 2:30 in the morning there.”

“Oh right, I keep forgetting about the huge time difference.” He laughed.

“What are you guys doing when you we get back?” Baekhyun asked.

“Video games.” Chanyeol said.

“I’m organizing the wedding book your mother got us.” You said.

“Organizing a wedding book.” Chanyeol corrected himself.

“No no, you can play video games.” You laughed.

“You guys make me sick.” Baekhyun pulled a face.

“You haven’t even seen the worst of it.” Chanyeol laughed.

“I saw you having .” Baekhyun said, “So, yes I have.” He laughed.

“You can hardly say that’s the worst if it made you want to have a .” You laughed, turning in your seat to face him.

“Well, that’s not necessarily what I said. I said I wanted to have with you, but Chanyeol wouldn’t go for that-” Chanyeol reached behind him and hit Baekhyun’s arm.

“Sorry Baek.” You said, shaking your head at him.

“You know you are your own person.” Baekhyun said, teasing Chanyeol.

“Hey!” Chanyeol raised his hand again, wagging a finger at Baekhyun.

“I’m just kidding man.” Baekhyun laughed.

“Your jokes are getting old.” Chanyeol warned, flashing you a smile.

“I find it quite flattering that so many boys want to sleep with me.” You said smugly.

“Okay, we’re home now!” Chanyeol said loudly, pulling up to Baekhyun’s driveway.

“Alright, it has been fun, see you love birds tomorrow.”

“Bye Baek!” You said, leaning over Chanyeol to wave at him.

“Later man.” Chanyeol said before rolling up the window.

“You’re jealous.” You teased.

“Of what?” he asked, parking the car.

“That so many boys love me.” You teased, getting out of the car. “I just have so many options. I don’t know what to do with myself!”

“Ha ha.” Chanyeol feigned laughter, looking at you scornfully. “You’re a natural comedian.”

“Thank you sir!” You bowed dramatically.

As you came into the house and got your jacket and shoes off, you offhandedly said, “Baekhyun looked really good in his suit, maybe I’ll see what he’s up to tonight.”

Chanyeol’s head shot up and you smiled at him, giggling.

“Take it back!” He started to run after you, but you luckily made it up the stairs just in time to shut the door to his room before he could get in.

“Let me in!”

“One second, I’m calling Baekhyun.” You said, giggling to yourself as you changed into comfier clothes.

“I know you’re only kidding.” He huffed.

“Doesn’t sound like you know that,” You said. You walked over to the door and unlocked it, opening slowly to see Chanyeol looming over you.

He moved so quickly you didn’t have time to respond. Before you knew it you were over his shoulder and he kicked the door closed behind him.

“What are you doing?” You asked, smacking his .

“Just loving you.” He said. He set you down on the bed and knelt on the floor in between your legs.

Chanyeol kissed your lips then your neck making an overdramatic smacking sound.

“I love you.” You said, smiling at him and pulling him in for another kiss. “You’re so funny to tease.”

“I know.” He said sarcastically. “It must he a hoot.”

“It is.” You kissed his forehead.

Chanyeol got quite, playing with the hem of your tank top.

“Do you want to talk about last night?” You asked, thinking that now was as good a time as any to talk to have a serious discussion about adoption.

“Not if you don’t want to. You aren’t ready.” He said.

“No, don’t do that. Let’s talk about it. I don’t want to push what you want away, I just want you to see my side of things.” You said, sighing. You moved back on the bed and sat cross-legged.

Chanyeol got up and sat facing you, his legs extended on either side of your body.

“Really, like I said last night…” He started, “We don’t have to adopt them right away. We can just do the paperwork and that way we can get all of the registrations and interviewing done so that when we want to we can just go do it!”

“Yea, I understand that, but what if they find us a child earlier than when we are ready?” You asked, “I’m not ready to be a mother. I want to be there for my child and I don’t think I can do that if I’m still in school and don’t have a job. It’s just too much,” You could see his eyes getting sadder by the word. “And I know you said you would look after them but you can’t do it alone. That isn’t fair. We’re a team.”

“I know we are.” He took your hand, not looking in your eyes, rubbing small circles as he spoke. “I know I am being really eager and I don’t mean to be…but I just want everything with you right now.”

“But there should be time for us.” You said, “We should have a couple years where we can do whatever we want and travel and be careless, don’t you think?”

“Yea…” Chanyeol pulled you forward and you adjusted yourself so that your back was facing him. He hugged you slightly rocking, calmingly.

“I just haven’t got you to myself enough yet.” You said, kissing his arm. “I need more time with just you before we have other people.”

“That’s fair.” He moved you so that you were looking at his face and he smiled genuinely at you. “We should wait.”


안녕하세요! 

Thanks for reading guys! I am really overwhelmed by the number of subscribers I have on this story, though it might seem like a small amount to some people I cannot believe that many people like my writing!!!

감사합니다!