Fall

Thirteen's a Crowd

You knocked on Kris’ door awkwardly.

“Who is it?” He yelled.

“It’s me…” You said softly.

“Come in.”

You opened the door and walked into the room, closing it behind you. You went over and sat beside Kris on the couch.

“I’m sorry.” You said quietly.

“I know.” He said plainly.

“I just freaked out. I know that it really hurt your feelings. I was just having a nightmare. I don’t want you to think that that’s how I feel about you.” You leaned back and rested your head on the couch.

“I know that’s not how you feel about me.” He said turning towards you. “I just wanted to hear you say it.”

He leaned over and hugged you.

You felt so much better now that you knew he wasn’t mad at you. You hugged him back and then you both just sat on the couch. After all of the ups and downs with the feelings you thought you had for Kris you thought you finally came to a conclusion.

He was like your brother.

It was like a weight had been lifted. You hugged Kris again, apologizing, this time not really for hitting him but for being so confused with everything. Even though he didn’t know about your feelings for him you felt like you had made it hard for him the last few weeks.

“I’m gonna go.” You said, after sitting with him for a while. “I’ve had a long day and need to sleep.”

“Okay, goodnight!” He smiled. 

You walked back to your room and sat on your bed. You smiled as you thought about how much better you felt now that your feelings were clear.

Chanyeol appeared in the doorway. “How did the talk go?”

“It actually went really well.” You smiled.

“Did you really think it was going to go badly? Kris would never stay mad at you.” He stated.

“I know, I just had an epiphany and I feel a lot better.” You sighed.

“An epiphany?” He asked. You waved him into your room.

“Yea, I was just talking to Kris and I realized that I don’t like him. Well, not like that. He is a great guy but I don’t think I would want to date him.” You laughed.

You couldn’t see it but in Chanyeol’s head he was laughing with joy. He still had a chance, and he kept telling himself that as you talked about the conversation you had with Kris.

“…So do you want to watch a movie?” You asked.

“Huh?” He asked, coming back to the present moment.

“Do. You. Want. To. Watch. A. Movie?” You asked slowly. “God, way to listen.”

“Of course I do!” He smiled. “Can I get my pyjamas on before we start?”

“Yea, I’m gonna get mine on too.” You shooed him out of your room so that you could change.

You put on the pyjama pants and shirt that Chanyeol had given you before and got in bed. It had started to get really cold and it was starting to make its way into your house from the windows.

You looked at yourself in the mirror.

I am going to make an effort to move on with my life and start becoming the person I used to be. You thought, laughing softly.

“Why are you laughing at yourself in the mirror?” Chanyeol asked. You hadn’t realised that he came in. “Look we’re matching again!” He ran over and stood beside you in the mirror, resting his elbow on your shoulder.

“Hey!” You shouted, looking up at him.

“I’ve been waiting to do that since we met.” He laughed. “You are just so short.” He stated.

“Yea, thanks.” You sneered at him and went back over to your bed. He went to follow you but you stopped him, “Stay there, I’m just getting my phone so that we can take a picture.”

“A picture?”

“Yea cause we’re matching!” You laughed. “It’s really cute!”

 “Yea, I do look cute in these pyjamas.”

You ran back up beside him and put his arm around your shoulder. You got your camera ready and made a funny face as you took the picture.  You opened it up to see the finished product and laughed hysterically.

“Look at me!” You said, pointing to the phone. “I look like such a weirdo!” Your face in the picture was so distorted, your cheeks were puffed out and your eyes were crisscrossed. Chanyeol, on the other hand, was looking down at you, smiling sweetly at you.

“We have to take another one.” You said.

“Why?”

“Cause you didn’t make a funny face!” You stated, raising your eyebrows.

You positioned yourselves in front of the mirror again and you made sure that Chanyeol was making a face as you took the picture. You stuck your tongue out at him and took the picture.

“That’s better.” You said. You went back and sat in your bed. “What kind of movie do you want to watch?” You asked, turning the television on.

“Whatever you want to watch.” He said, sitting down beside you.

“A scary movie!” You said excitedly.

“Really? They are all so lame!” He whined.

“No I’ll find a really good one!” You pleaded. “It will be fun!”

“You’re gonna get super scared.” He laughed.

“I don’t get scared at horror movies.” You smirked.

* * * * *

You were half way through the movie and you and Chanyeol were huddled together on your bed. You were doing a good job at keeping your cool, but both of you jumped whenever a scary part came up.

You watched the screen intently, leaning forwards as the of the movie started.

All of a sudden the door swung open and you shrieked, making Chanyeol yell.

The lights flipped on and Kai was standing in the doorway.

“Hey guys, what are you watching?” He asked, laughing at you gripping Chanyeol’s arm and Chanyeol’s wide eyes.

“A really bad movie.” Chanyeol scoffed, prying your hands off of him.

“Well you both look pretty into it for a bad movie.” Kai laughed. He turned the lights back off and sat on the other side of you.

“You’re gonna watch with us?” You asked.

“Yea, sure, why not.” He laughed.

“Yay!” You leaned back in between Chanyeol and Kai and linked your arms with theirs.

You braced yourself for the rest of the movie as you tried not to jump, but Kai, on the other hand, jumped every two minutes, even when there wasn’t something scary happening.

“Relax!” You laughed at him. “Its just a movie.”

“Do you really think we can’t feel you tensing up?” Kai laughed; Chanyeol high-fived him.

“Whatever, lets watch the movie.” You said sourly.

* * * * *

When the movie was finished you, Kai, and Chanyeol sat on your bed talking.

“So what are you doing for the Halloween break?” Kai asked you.

“Well, I think I’m just staying here.” You said, “Why? What is everyone else doing?”

“Most of us go home.” Kai stated.

“Sounds cool!” You smiled.

“You can come to my house,” Chanyeol offered, “If you want.”

“I don’t want to impose.” You said, waving your hands.

“You wouldn’t be.” He said.

“Yea, go to Chan’s house, its so great!” Kai laughed.

“Do you live in a mansion or something?” You teased.

“Uh, no,” He laughed, “Just a house.”

“Yea, whatever!” Chanyeol hit Kai.

“It’s two weeks away right?” You asked, ignoring the weirdness.

“Indeed!” Chanyeol smiled.

“What time is it now?”

“It’s only ten.” Kai said, checking his phone.

“Okay, well I guess I’m gonna go have a bath then.” You got up and left them in your room.

“Aren’t you gonna tell us to get out?” Kai yelled after you.

“Naw, I don’t care!” You shouted over your shoulder.

You closed the bathroom door and started to fill up the bathtub. You got undressed and put your hair up. You realised that you had forgot your bubble bath in your room. You wrapped your towel around yourself and walked back into your room, assuming that Kai and Chanyeol had left.

You had assumed wrong.

They were still sitting on your bed talking as you walked in. Chanyeol’s back was to you, and you could see Kai’s eyes widen and he hit Chanyeol.

“Relax, Kai.” You laughed. Chanyeol turned around and blushed. “I just needed to get my bubble bath.”

You walked into your closet and rummaged through. You walked back out and your room was empty. You dismissed it and went back to the bathroom.

You put music on and got into the bathtub. You rested your head on the wall and closed yours eyes. There were candles lit around the room making the light nice and soft. The water felt great on your legs and feet, they hurt a lot from being on pointe so much for the audition.

You listened to Vivaldi’s Four Seasons as you soaked, humming and nodding to the music. It was like the bath was healing you, physically and mentally. You stayed in for two hours.

* * * * *

Your class went by quickly the next day and you met Kai at the studio to practice.

“So, how are things with you and Chan?” He asked, winking at you.

“What do you mean?” You asked, clueless as to what he was talking about.

“Well you like him don’t you?”

“Of course, he’s my best friend.” You laughed.

“No, I mean you like him like him,” Kai sighed, “It’s pretty obvious.”

“To everyone but me maybe.” You said, rummaging through your bag.

“Well he likes you too.” He said.

“Uh huh,” You nodded, “Lets get started!” You said enthusiastically to change the topic. Kai was teaching you the dance they had been working on in their ballet classes. You positioned yourself to start and you followed him, perfectly in sync, as he taught you the dance.

You stopped for a break after about an hour and you asked Kai, “Should I be worried about going to Chanyeol’s house?” You asked, “I mean, if you think he likes me would that give him the wrong idea?”

“No, of course not.” Kai said quickly. “Go to his place. It is really nice, and they have a Halloween festival on the grounds every year.”

“A Halloween festival?” You asked.

“Yea, it’s a lot of fun. There’s hay rides, and haunted walks and games.” Kai smiled, remembering the past years he had gone. “We usually all come that night.”

“So you guys will be there too?” You asked excitedly.

“Only Thursday night. Then we all go visit our own families.”

“Well it will be fun for us to all go to the festival together.” You smiled. 


Thanks for reading guys!

I know its kinda short and not much happens but its a reboot to a better story!