The Babysitter's Club

Thirteen's a Crowd

The week passed by quickly. Between classes and training you barely had time to think, let alone do anything fun.

The next thing you knew it was Saturday, your first day off.

You rolled over in bed grabbing Chanyeol’s arm and pulling yourself closer to him.

“Do you need something?” He asked groggily, opening his eyes a bit.

“No, just getting close to you.” You shivered as the blankets got lifted up a bit, letting the cold air in.

“What time is it?”

“Eight.” You said, glancing at your phone.

“It’s too early.” He sighed.

“But I’m not tired.”

“Cause you fell asleep at seven last night.” He wrapped his arm around you burying his face in your neck.

“I was sleepy.” You justified.

“I know, you’ve been on the go all week, you deserved a good sleep.”

“Ouch!” You pulled your face away quickly.

“What?”

“Your stubble is attacking my neck.” You stated. “When was the last time you shaved?”

“When was the last time we had ?” He asked.

“Like two days ago.” You answered.

“Then, two days ago.” He laughed.

“What is this, a preemptive strike? ‘Cause we don’t have every day?” You laughed.

“No, I just didn’t have anyone to shave for so I’ve been lazy.” He said sleepily. He moved closer to you once again, scratching your cheek.

“If you go shave now I’ll make it worth your while.”

Chanyeol rolled out of bed, winking at you as he left the room.

* * * * *

You and Chanyeol came downstairs around ten thirty.

“Good morning.” You said to the guys in the kitchen.

“Well it was for you.” Chen laughed.

“You’re gross.” You said, starting to get your breakfast ready.

“I just call it like I see it.” Chen said, “Or...hear it I suppose.” He winked at you.

You sat with them at the table.

“That’s so much food.” Baekhyun said, staring at your plate and bowl.

“Well when you are limited to oatmeal and fruit there’s not much else I can do.” You said, eating a grape. “There isn’t a lot of substance to fruit you know. Chan, what are you making?” You leaned against the back of the chair, crossing your legs on it.

“Eggs and toast, want some?”

“I can’t.” You huffed.

“It’s only a while longer.” He said optimistically.

Kai came into the kitchen, “What’s just a while longer?”

“How long she has to eat like that.” Chanyeol answered.

“Well if she gets the contract it will be forever!” Kai patted your shoulder.

“Don’t you have someone else to hassle?” You asked him shadily, but laughed at the end.

“No you’re it.” He sat beside you and took a piece of apple. “I just got back from the studio.

“I was gonna say you smell kind of bad.” You threw a grape at him.

“Get out of my seat.” Chanyeol said to Kai.

“Your seat?” Kai asked, looking up at him.

“Any seat next to Sarah is my seat.”

You ignored the argument going on and continued eating.

“When’s your niece coming?” You asked.

“What’s her name?” Chen asked.

“She’s coming at noon, and her name is Soojin.”

“I can’t wait to meet her!” You squealed, cleaning your dishes. “Do you have stuff here for her?”

“What do you mean?”

“Like toys, diapers, anything?”

“No, my sister is bringing everything.”

“Oh, look at my legs, they look so toned now!” You turned around, giving Kai, and every one else in the kitchen, a full 360 view.

“Forget your legs,” Chen said, “Your is rocking.”

“Thanks Chen.” You said happily, and Chanyeol gave him a look. “Can we all go to the living room and watch a movie or something? I need to stretch my legs out.”

“I thought it was your day off?” Chanyeol asked.

“It is, but my hips feel tight.”

“That’s not from the dance.” Chen punched Chanyeol’s arm.

“Give it a rest, Chen.” Kai laughed, “Go get a girlfriend.”

You sat on the floor and everyone else was on the couch. Baekhyun and Luhan already in the living room.

“What are you guys doing?” They asked almost in union.

“Watching a movie.”

“But we’re in here.” Luhan said.

“So watch the movie with us.” Chanyeol smiled.

They didn’t argue anymore.

“Kai push on my back.” You said.

Kai knelt down on the floor, pushing on your back to bring your stomach to the floor.

“Ew.” Baekhyun said, “What happened to you foot, Sarah?”

“My toenails are falling off.” You said plainly.

“Why?”

“From my pointe shoes.” You laughed, “They bleed a lot sometimes.”

“Really?” He looked at you squeamishly.

“Yea,” Chanyeol coughed, “There’s blood in our bed from it.” He shivered.

“You are way too cool with gross things.” Baekhyun said.

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol asked.

“She’s got her toe blood all in your guy’s bed, and you guys are like an old couple.”

“I’m jealous.” Kai said.

“Don’t joke.” You said to him.

“No, I’m serious.” He said, defensively, “I can’t imagine how nice it would be to love someone so much that you can be yourself completely around them.”

“It’s the best.” You said, looking back at Chanyeol, smiling at him.

The doorbell rang.

“They’re early!” Kai said, getting up quickly and running to the door.

You got up and walked over to sit on the arm of the couch beside Chen.

“Hey!” Kai said happily as he opened the door. He hugged his brother in law and then his sister, “And hello to you!” He took Soojin from his sister.

She giggled, grabbing at his hair and saying his name.

“How have you been?” He kissed her cheek, “Did you miss me? I’ve missed you!”

“We have some stuff to get out of the car.” His sister said, “Keep hold of her and make sure she doesn’t make a mess before we’ve even left her.”

“We’ll help you!” You said, jumping up and running over. “I’m Sarah, it’s really nice to meet you both!” You bowed to both of them and blew Soojin a kiss.

“It’s nice to finally meet you too, I’m Jiyoung, and this is my husband, Woojin.”

You, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun got your shoes on, going out with Woojin to help him take all of Soojin’s things in.

It took several trips to bring in all of Soojin’s things. She had bags of diapers, and toys, and food. A play crib and a car seat and her giant teddy bear she apparently couldn’t live without.

Soojin got passed around everyone as people ran around making sure she had everything that she needed.

“For someone so tiny, she sure can monopolize a lot of space.” Chanyeol laughed, helping Woojin set up the play yard.

“Yea, she finds ways to work herself into every space of our lives.” Woojin agrees, turning towards Soojin and making faces.

“Hurry up honey.” Jiyoung said, “I want to get going. She’s in good hands here.” Jiyoung handed Soojin to Kai once again.

“Have a good day.” Kai said to her, hugging her goodbye.

“Bye sweetheart!” Woojin said, kissing his daughter’s forehead.

“You have the list right?” Jiyoung asked Kai.

“It’s on the coffee table. Go now, everything will be fine.” He pushed her out the door, “There’s six of us here, and we’ll be fine.”

 After Woojin and Jiyoung left you all sat on the floor around Soojin, trying to call her to crawl/waddle over to you. She went for Kai ninety percent of the time.

“She is just so sweet.” You cooed when she finally crawled over to you, moving to sit in your lap. You picked her up, tickling her, “Hello!” You kissed her cheek, “I just love you! You’re so cute!” You played with her for a while, mesmerized by how well behaved she was.

“Hello!” Chanyeol said to her, hiding behind you then popping his head out over your shoulder.

Soojin was laughing so hard she was drooling down her chin.

“Kai can you give me that wipe?” You asked, balancing her on your hip.  “Thanks,” You wiped her chin and handed the cloth to Chanyeol.

“You’re a natural.” Kai observed.

“Naw, I used to babysit a lot. When I first started I would panic.” You laughed, placing Soojin in the play yard. You sat back down on the floor, resting your head against Chanyeol’s knee. “So…all Kris’ stuff is gone?”

“Pretty much, except the larger things. And from what I know he’s still paying his rent.” Luhan said. “He hasn’t really talked to any of us since he left Busan.”

“Well I don’t want this stuff to get in the way of his friendship with you guys.” Chanyeol said.

“Yea, that wouldn’t be fair either.” You agreed.

“Well I think his image is tainted for everyone, just because of all the stuff that happened.” Luhan said, “We weren’t there,” He motioned towards himself and Chen, “But we heard enough of what happened to know that he isn’t really the kind of person we thought that he was.”

You nodded, agreeing silently. It came out of the blue for everyone.

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching movies and talking, playing with and feeding Soojin in between her naps.

“You said she was a handful, but she is the best baby.” You said, smiling at Soojin who was sleeping in Chanyeol’s arms.

“She must just really love the people here.” Kai laughed, “She might like me, but after an hour or so being around me she starts to cry.” He admitted. “She’s a tough girl to please.”

“All girls are hard to please.” Chanyeol laughed, looking over at you lovingly.

“I’m not that hard to please.” You smiled.

“No ones picking that up.” Luhan voiced.

“Look at how cute she is.” Chanyeol said, staring at Soojin. She had her face pressed up against his chest, her thumb and her eyes squeezed shut. He stood up, moving slowly to put her in her car seat.

As soon as she was set down she woke up, crying loudly.

You could hear someone running down the stairs.

“What is that?” Xiumin asked, rubbing his eyes.

“Kai’s niece,” Chen said, moving past him up the stairs, “When babies start crying, I’m out.” He waved bye as he went to his room.

Chanyeol picked Soojin up again, moving to sit on the couch. “Did you just wake up?” He asked Xiumin.

“Yea, late night last night.” He winked, making his way into the kitchen.

“Here, give her this,” Kai said, handing Chanyeol her pacifier. “It usually calms her down.”

Soojin calmed down again, falling asleep in minutes as soon as she was snuggled up to Chanyeol again.

* * * * *

Five hours and three baby freak-outs later you were all half asleep on the sofa, Soojin now lying with Kai and you dozing on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Babies are no joke.” Chanyeol laughed, tiredly.

“Not one bit.” You sighed.

“I’m never babysitting again.” Kai mumbled, rubbing his eyes with his free hand. “We’re never going to stop smelling like baby drool.”

“I’m trying not to think about it.” Chanyeol said.

“Are you rethinking everything?” You asked him, rolling on top of him.

“Not a chance.” Chanyeol said, tapping your forehead lazily. “I can’t think at all right now.” He laughed. “I really need to take a nap.”

“This is way more tiring than being at the studio.” You stated. “You have to be on high alert 24/7.”

“25/8.” Kai corrected.

Soojin started to move and Kai sat up quickly. She began crying and Kai picked her up, trying to figure out what was wrong.

“I think she’s hungry…” He placed her in the play yard, still crying and took out some of her food.

“Go put that in a bowl and stuff and we’ll try to calm her down.” Chanyeol said, moving out from under you to pick Soojin up. “She’s got a great pair of lungs on her.” He said to you.

“Its a talent really,” You tried making faces at her to make her laugh, but she wasn’t buying it.

Kai came back in a few minutes later were a bowl of warm mushy stuff.

“What is that?” You asked, making a face at the smell.

“No idea, but apparently its her favorite.” Kai started to try to feed her and she took a few bites, still crying a little bit.

After a few minutes it started to subside and she began happily eating her food.

“Oh thank god.” Chanyeol sighed.

Baekhyun came downstairs, taking Soojin from Chanyeol. “Sounded like you guys needed some help.” He laughed.

“Would have been good when she was actually crying.” You huffed, sitting on the sofa again.

“Are you going to be this cranky all of the time when you’re a mum?” He teased you.

“Only for the first three years.” You jeered back, rolling your eyes. 


Thanks for reading guys! Look out for another update coming at you all tomorrow as well I think! 

Comment and upvote <3