A Fresh Start

Thirteen's a Crowd

Everyone was finished eating and you got up to start clearing the table.

“No, it’s okay.” Chanyeol said, “We’ll clean it up, go upstairs and relax or something. Read for a while.”

“Uh, okay.” You said, looking at everyone curiously.

They all got up at once tidying happily. They never did any cleaning happily.

“Go upstairs, Sarah.” Chanyeol said, wagging his finger at you.

“Alright.” You said, walking towards the stairs, not taking your eyes off the guys.

You sat on the bed upstairs, all the sheets still in the dryer. You piled the pillows up at the head and took your book from the nightstand. You found your place and continued reading, slowly falling asleep.

You woke up to whispering.

“I don’t want to wake her up.”

“But Chanyeol said to get her.”

“Yea, but he obviously didn’t know she was going to be sleeping.”

“Just do it.”

“No, you do it.”

“I’m up.” You groaned.

“Sorry for waking you up.”

“It’s fine…” You peeked your head out from under your arm to see who was talking, “Lay. What did Chanyeol want me for?”

“Something about the wedding planner.”

“Okay,” You rolled out of bed, following them downstairs, sleepily.

“Hey bae,” Chanyeol said, “Wedding planner called and said shse could have a meeting with us in an hour, here. I know it’s kind of rushed but I said okay because she said she is away for three weeks so I thought you would want to get started and have some things solidified.”

“Thanks Chanyeol.” You slumped down on the couch beside him, “Do you think this is okay to wear to meet her?”

“Yea, I think so. I’m not changing.” He laughed, “Sweatpants will have to be good enough for her.”

“We can all take a hike while you do this meeting.” Kai said, looking at everyone. “We’ll all go to Baekhyun’s or go out and do something.”

“Sounds good.” You nodded, “I can give you a text when the meeting is over and we’ll figure out our plans for the night.”

* * * * *

“Hello!” You said as you opened the door. “Please, come in.” You stepped aside so the wedding planner could come into the entryway.

“My name is Seobin.” She said, extending her hand to you.

“I’m Sarah, and this is my fiancé, Chanyeol.” You motioned towards Chanyeol walking down the hallway.

“Soobin.” She said, this time, extending her hand to Chanyeol.

“It’s nice to meet you.” He bowed slightly, “Right this way, we’ll do this in the dining room.”

You all sat down around the table, and Soobin took out her computer loading it as she handed you both some papers to look at.

“These are just some accounting things. I know that your parents are taking care of it but you should know the procedure.”

You both looked over the papers quietly, your eyes widening at all of the zeros.

“So what have you guys done so far?” She asked.

“We went to a tux fitting for Chanyeol and Baekhyun, and Kai is going today.” You said, “And we went to a cake testing and I think we found what kind we want.”

“So you are having a very western wedding?” She asked.

“The ceremony, but then we want to have something more traditional.” You said, “I’m going to look for my hanbok when we get back to Seoul.”

“Ah, perfect,” She smiled. “That will be so nice. Do you have any venues in mind?”

“We talked with my parents about having it here in Busan, but I think we might look around Seoul for venues as well.” Chanyeol said, surprising you. The two of you hadn’t really talked about looking in Seoul.

“Sounds good.” She nodded as she typed on her computer. “Since I am here, and you will both be in Seoul, I have an associate there that can accompany the both of you on the tours of whatever venues you want to see there. Also, I can get you in contact with a travel agent for your honeymoon.” She smiled. “You picked an amazing time to get married.” She laughed.

“Thanks.” You nodded. “I’m sorry we don’t have more of thiss tuff sorted out.” You apologized.

“No, it’s fine, usually the couples I work with haven’t done anything. At least you guys have got a bit of a head start.”

Your phone started to ring, you silenced it when not even a minute later it began again.

“Sorry, I have to take this.” You said, getting up. You walked out of the dining room and down the hallway, “Hello?” 

“Hey, it’s Baekhyun.”

“Hey, we’re in the middle of a meeting.” You said.

“Yea, I’m at the tailor’s with Kai and I just had a few questions about the tux and everything. The guy wants to know what colour flowers we are wearing…cause that has something to do with something.”

“Wow that was really articulate,” You laughed, “We don’t know what kind of flowers so tell the guy not to worry about it. How’s the suit looking?”

“It’s Kai, how do you think it’s looking?”

“Brilliant.” You laughed, “Send me some pictures, okay?”

“Sounds good.” He said, hanging up.

You walked back down the hallway quickly, feeling badly for making Soobin wait.

“Sorry about that.” You said, sliding back into your seat.

“It’s perfectly alright. Chanyeol was just telling me that you have a friend making your wedding dress for you.”

“Yea, she is a designer.” You said, “She has all of the fabric and has started cutting it from what I understand.”

“Perfect.” She said, “Right on track to get it done with enough time for extra fittings and adjustments.”

To Chanyeol you said, “That was Baekhyun he said that Kai is in his fitting right now, I told him to send us pictures when he comes out.”

“Perfect.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Have you looked for dresses for your bridesmaids?” She asked you.

“No, I haven’t really thought about it yet. I don’t know what colours we want for the wedding, so it’s kind of up in the air.”

“Well I’ll give you a book of colour swatches so you can get a better idea of what there is to choose from.” She reached into her briefcase and pulled out a large catalogue. “It can be your homework for our next meeting.”

“And will your father be providing his own suit or do you have something planned for that?”

“Uh…actually, my friend Jackson is walking me down the isle, I’ll ask about the suit.” You said quickly.

“Okay, great.”

The meeting didn’t last much longer, since you didn’t know exactly what you wanted and needed some more time to look and research things. You made another appointment with her for the week after before going back to Seoul so discuss some of your choices and see some venues.

As you shut the door behind Soobin you turned to Chanyeol.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” He asked, cocking his eyebrow.

“Do you watch to hang with the guys tomorrow without me? I think I’m going to call Sonhyung and ask if I can take Taehyung out.”

“With Sonhyung?” He asked, making a sick face.

“No, just me and Taehyung.” You said, looking through your phone for Sonhyung’s number.

“What are you guys going to do?”

“Maybe I’ll take him out for lunch and a movie.” You thought aloud to Chanyeol.

“That sounds like a good idea.”

You found Sonhyung’s number and called him, the phone ringing only three times before he answered.

“Hi Sonhyung, it’s Sarah. I was wondering if I could take Taehyung out with me tomorrow for lunch and a movie?”

“Uh, I don’t see why not…mum and dad are at work and it would give me a break.” He laughed. “What time are you getting him?”

“I’ll be over at 11:30, sound good?”

“Yea, sounds perfect.” He said happily. “Just shoot me a text when you’re on your way and I’ll make sure he’s ready to go.”

“Perfect. Maybe don’t tell him where he’s going, I want to surprise him.”

“Definitely.”

“Okay, thanks. Bye Sonhyung-ssi.” You hung up the phone, smiling at Chanyeol. “I’m going to have the best day tomorrow.” You walked up the stairs, “With my favorite guy!”

Chanyeol took the stairs two at a time, “Hey! What about me?”

“You’re alright too.” You laughed.

“I guess I’ll have to get used to it.” He sighed, “When we have kids it will be like this for the rest of our lives.” He sat on the bed.

“There will always be a special place in my heart for you.” You said, walking over to him. You stood between his legs, hand grazing his cheek.”

“You too.” He turned his head, kissing your palm. “You’ll always be my favorite girl.”

“We’ll see about that when we have a daughter and she’s got you wrapped around her finger.” You smiled, picturing your future together; your perfect future.

“I could talk about this with you all day, every day.” He admitted. “It’s all getting more and more real. Especially now that we have the house.”

“I can’t wait to be able to live in it.” You smiled. “Do you think they could get it done by the end of the school year?”

“I hope so,” He kissed your arm, “Than we can have some real alone time.” He sighed happily, “A whole house to ourselves.”

“I feel like when we get the new house we’re going to have a hard time getting the guys to leave.” You stated.

“No way, the guys are great at taking hints!”

You looked at him pointedly.

“Yea…you’re right.” He shrugged. “They can work on that.”

“When are they all coming back over?” You asked, “Or are we going over to Baekhyun’s house?”

“I think we’re going to go to Baek’s place.” Chanyeol said, “At least I hope we are cause that means that when we want to go we can.”

“What are all the guys doing over there now?” You asked, “Baekhyun and Kai are still at the tailor’s I think.”

“Lay said something about decorating for tonight.” He said, “They’re putting up lights and stuff for New Years around Baekhyun’s room.”

Your phone rang. It was Kris.

You answered the phone, but didn’t say anything.

“Sarah?” His voice was soft on the line. “Don’t hang up…just listen to me.”

You sighed to show that you were listening.

“I’m really sorry…to you and Chanyeol. It was wrong of me to say all of those things and to act the way I did.” He took a long, deep breath. “I know that that probably won’t make a difference.”

You waited for him to say something substantial that would warrant the phone call.

“Hyojin hates me.” He said, offhandedly. “She wouldn’t even get in the same cab as me. And she waited for another train back to Seoul.” He took another deep breath, trying to gauge if you were listening to him. “My lease isn’t up until the end of April, but I’ll stay out of yours and Chanyeol’s way as much as I can.”

You hung up.

Chanyeol didn’t say anything, knowing who was on the phone. He slid back on the bed, pulling you with him so that you were lying on his chest. He your hair, running his hand down to your lower back. His hand slid up your shirt, tracing small circles onto your skin, comforting you.

His phone rang this time, but he let it ring.

“You can answer it.” You said quietly, almost falling asleep on him.

He pulled his phone from his pocket, answering it quietly.

“Hello?”

“Hey man, we’re back from the fitting.” Baekhyun said, “We’re ordering in supper, do you guys want some too?”

“Yea, sure, we’ll be over in like half an hour or so.” Chanyeol said.

“Sounds good.”

* * * * *

“How are you feeling now?” Chanyeol asked as you as you made your way to Baekhyun’s.

“Much better.” You said, taking his hand. “I feel like this morning was a lifetime ago and I’m ready to have some fun!”

It was snowing as you walked over and you ran ahead of Chanyeol, picking some off the ground to throw at him, and he threw some back.

“Okay! I surrender!” You shouted as he came at you with snow to put down your coat.

“Okay,” He dropped the snow and leaned in to kiss you, placing his very cold hand on your cheek. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” You walked up to the door and took another clump of snow in your hand. “I’m going to hug Kai and put it up his shirt.” You giggled at the plan.

“He’s going to kill you.” He shook his head, opening the door for you.

You took your coat and shoes off quickly, running up the stairs with Chanyeol behind you, waiting for the scene to unfold.

“You’re here!” Kai said happily, falling right into your trap as he walked forward to hug you.

“I am!” You said, wrapping your arms around him, smiling evilly to the guys. You quickly lifted his shirt and placed the snow on his lower back, the water from it melting down into his pants.

“Oh my god!” He yelled, pulling away. “What the hell was that?”

“Snow.” You smiled at him innocently.

“You’re dead meat!” He threw you over his shoulder and everyone laughed as he walked across the room with you and threw you onto the couch, your head landing in Sehun’s lap.

“Hold her down!” Kai commanded and Sehun grabbed your arms.

Kai straddled you, tickling your sides as you begged him to stop. You caught Chanyeol out of the corner of your eye laughing at you with everyone else.

You were crying and your stomach hurt from how hard you were laughing by the time Kai stopped.

“That’ll teach you.” He said, narrowing his eyes at you. “I’m watching you.” He moved his fingers from his eyes to you.

You sat up, leaning against Sehun as you caught your breath.

“So whens the food getting here?” You asked.

“Won’t be for another hour.” Tao said sadly.

“Yea, since its New Years Eve everyone is ordering in tonight it seems.” Suho added.

“What’s your girlfriend doing, Lay?” You asked him, curious about why his girlfriend wasn’t around much.

“She’s in Jeju with her family for Christmas. They go every year.” He explained. You could tell it made him sad not to be with her. You imagined having to see you and Chanyeol together didn’t make it easier, because unlike all of the other guys he had that too.

“Well I hope that she can come around more. I know you usually go visit her but I’d like to meet her.” You said, “I could use at least one friend that’s a girl.” You laughed.

“Yea, I think she would like that.” Lay nodded, smiling at the idea.

“Do we want to go out tonight?” Baekhyun asked. “There’s still loads of time to get ready and stuff, we can eat and then go downtown for the night.”

Chanyeol looked at you to see if you were okay with the idea, not sure how you would be after the morning. You smiled at him nodding.

“I don’t think my Christmas sweater is going to cut it.” You laughed, looking down at yourself. “You guys have it so much easier than girls do.”

“Well when you look as good as we all do naturally its hard to do anything extra.” Kai joked, leaning back in his seat suavely.

“Yea, that’s it.” You rolled your eyes, sticking your tongue out at him.


Thanks for reading guys!

Comment and upvote <3